I wanna show you my little (already finnished) cafe project of a Kawasaki Z650 Year 1979.
The bike leaned about 12 years in a garage before i paid EUR 800,- for it in the early february.
(I had this bike at my work, so i only have pictures made with a handycam while 'resto')
I first wanted to know if the engine is running, so i tried a new oil, new fuel, connected a battery and pressed the start button... i only heard a 'klacklacklacklacklack...'
Ok, i thought the starter motor wasnt fit into the sprocket - so i kicked a few times but nothing happend. I unscrewed the spark plugs and they were totally wet - no spark...
After a short search i cleaned the contact braker and tried it again. Kick down and the engine runs
So i began to dissamble the bike to repair the freewheel-clutch of the starting motor and to prepare the conversion
I repaired the sprocket for the freewheel clutch, put in a new repair kit for it and formed the damper rubbers for it. Now the Starting motor works again!
I gave a new repair kit into the brake master cylinder and the caliper.
Then i polished the switches and fittings for the handlebar, the rims, the engine covers, muffler...
I also overworked the front forks with new seals and oil, put new tires on and got some used footrests and handlebars.
Then i cutted some things at the rear end from the bike to fit the tail, made a groundplate for the electrics...
First check if the tail fits
After that i dissambled and cleaned the carburetor to install it back on the bike.
At installing the Battery and Electrics
Making a groundplate for the seat
Covering the tank for painting 'Marakesh Brown(BMW)' Stripes into it
Then i made a Aluplate to integrate the tachometer and cover the lower original handlebar bracket.
And thats what i looks like after a few hours of work...
And because i am so happy with it i made a little movie of my Cafesaki
1979 Kawasaki Z650 Cafe Racer (FullHD) - YouTube