Become a supporter to remove this ad
Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: i-Phone 4s

Motorbike
    98 r1
    Liked
    796 times

i-Phone 4s

So its out some cool features, but will they bring out a 5 anytime soon?

Apple - iPhone 4S - The most amazing iPhone yet.

Siri could be very cool. The question is, would apple bring out something that doesnt work ie most voice activated programs? Now taking bets.

Last edited by Professor Redfern; 05-10-2011 at 05:42 AM.

Motorbike
    Ducati 998, XR600,Ducati 900SS, Ducati 999R Track, CBR1000RR Track
    Liked
    200 times

Not really alot of extra to offer to warrant expenditure.....

Especially if the 5 could be around the corner.

Motorbike
    09 Busa
    Liked
    132 times
    Not really anything there I can't do already with my 'droid phone. All that voice action stuff is kinda old hat for google, but just like any speech tech, it's a lot more hit and miss than the video makes out. Weirdly, the longer the request you make, the more accurate the result.
    Work Buy Consume Die

Liked
    681 times

I'll upgrade. My iphone4 is getting tired and I'm happy to get a faster model and give my old one to the missus. And then upgrade again in 6mths or whatever when the iphone5 finally comes out.

Rumours are the Aussie prices will be a fair bit lower too.

Liked
    49 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Redfern View Post
    So its out some cool features, but will they bring out a 5 anytime soon?
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that there will never be a product called the iPhone 5.
    The iPhone 4S is the 5th generation iPhone, so the next one will be the 6th generation and is unlikely to be called iPhone 5. Apple will eventually stop with the numbers nomenclature I think and maybe we will see that with the next iPhone beyond the iPhone 4S.

Edit: Or did you mean 'a new generation iPhone' rather than a spec bump when you say iPhone 5? Not referring to the iPhone 5 as such, just the next one along?

Quote Originally Posted by Brougham View Post
    Rumours are the Aussie prices will be a fair bit lower too.
    Prices are available...

Liked
    283 times
    Must say Im a bit disapointed. I never bought the iphone 4 (still using 3gs) and was hoping to buy a 5. Now they have only released a 4s and if I upgrade to that will I get stuck with it if a 5 comes out in 6 months.
    Win Free stuff on Thunderbird Racing's Facebook Page

Motorbike
    Aprilia SXV550, KTM250EXC-F & Kawasaki Balius
    Liked
    3434 times

Siri: gonna be interesting if you're having an argument with the missus, she's got an iPhone 4S and you yell out to get fucked...
    One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Motorbike
    '09 Z750
    Liked
    20 times
    I will also upgrade. It was a let down not to bring out the iPhone 5, but at the same time, they are just following the same pattern. This will mean that iPhone 5 will come out this time next year.

Liked
    283 times
    I think the prices of the 4 will most likely be very cheap so I might just upgrade from my 3gs to a new 4 and get the 5 when it comes out.

Liked
    681 times

3GS becomes $450
    4G is $650
    4GS is $799-999

Liked
    66 times
    The 5 would have been nice, but at least the 4S comes with a 64GB version.
    FTP

Motorbike
    Corona Gixxer
    Liked
    205 times
    I want the voice thing purely because I spend a lot of time with the phone piped through my helmet. There's also a whole lot of stuff that can be done quicker by just talking to the phone and from what I saw of the demo last night it's quite effective and man it'd be sweet to have it read messages to me. I just can't help but think if it *looked* different in any way there'd be a more positive response to it.

Mind you, despite all the controversy surrounding the iPhone4 it has gone on to be their best selling phone ever and I love mine to bits, I just know I'll be jealous of the S.
    Quote Originally Posted by Koola View Post
    Someone sig this.

Motorbike
    ZX-7R, YW100 & hanging off modern sidecar #15 & historic #9
    Liked
    4010 times

The sky is falling! There is no ipone5, only a 4s!

I haven't gotten on my anti-apple high hores for quite a while, but I find people freaking out and feeling personally insulted over a tech release to be laughable and more than a little disturbing.
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Motorbike
    zed
    Liked
    84 times

I was hoping for the 5 to come out, as I am due to upgrade my phone about now.
    Might just get the samsung galaxy instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmogod View Post
    Nobody was bagging scooters, they were bagging you.

Motorbike
    ZZR 250
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Barfridge View Post
    I haven't gotten on my anti-apple high hores for quite a while, but I find people freaking out and feeling personally insulted over a tech release to be laughable and more than a little disturbing.
    It ... it's people like you that are killing Steve Jobs

P.S. Please don't call Apple fans high hores. It's "high-tech whores".
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxo View Post
    Way to delve straight into personal insults, cunthole.

Motorbike
    98 r1
    Liked
    796 times
    Quote Originally Posted by padfoot View Post

Edit: Or did you mean 'a new generation iPhone' rather than a spec bump when you say iPhone 5? Not referring to the iPhone 5 as such, just the next one along?

I just meant the iphone 5 as in what was expected ie a different case design, which would have probably defined it as a whole new phone. What they call it is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferris View Post
    Not really anything there I can't do already with my 'droid phone. All that voice action stuff is kinda old hat for google, but just like any speech tech, it's a lot more hit and miss than the video makes out. Weirdly, the longer the request you make, the more accurate the result.

Have you actually tried the new Iphone one? I personally am very pessamistic about any voice activation the one on the current i-phone is shit house, but contrary to that I dont think apple would push this one so hard unless it was guaranteed to work fairly well, they would realise its better to not have it than have it crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Barfridge View Post
    The sky is falling! There is no ipone5, only a 4s!

Who is freaking out? and who is personally insulted? you sound like Bill O'Rielly.

Motorbike
    Corona Gixxer
    Liked
    205 times
    ...about any voice activation the one on the current i-phone is shit house...
    I use it a fair bit to call people from helmet world, change the song, start and pause the music but I do get the occasional wrong person or it makes a phone call when I'm trying to do something else. This may be due to wind noise, plus the current one was developed in house whereas...

...but contrary to that I dont think apple would push this one so hard unless it was guaranteed to work fairly well, they would realise its better to not have it than have it crap...
    They paid a fair bit to acquire Siri a few years back and if you've got an app like Dragon Dictation (from the same mob) you can test out the dictation now yourself. It's not bad, there's the random damnyouautocorrect style mistake but it works surprisingly well and I'm sure what they've put in the phone will be a lot better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Koola View Post
    Someone sig this.

Liked
    49 times
    Quote Originally Posted by timmay View Post
    I was hoping for the 5 to come out, as I am due to upgrade my phone about now.
    Might just get the samsung galaxy instead.
    But... A new iPhone did come out... Regardless of what it is called.

Does it not meet your needs?
    The only thing the SGSII does better is screen size, ignoring the obvious iOS/Android differences.

Liked
    199 times
    I will be buying one. Now to get the bluetooth adapter for helmet.
    We are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Smiffy View Post
    I never mentioned your cock I mentioned mine

Liked
    283 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Brougham View Post
    3GS becomes $450
    4G is $650
    4GS is $799-999
    I wonder what the hand set repayments will be. Will the 4G be free so they can get rid of stock were the 4GS maybe $15 on a $49 plan.

Quote Originally Posted by padfoot View Post
    But... A new iPhone did come out... Regardless of what it is called.

Does it not meet your needs?
    The only thing the SGSII does better is screen size, ignoring the obvious iOS/Android differences.
    People were hoping for a bigger screen and a few other features. I think what concerns some people is that the new phone was supposed to have "X" features and maybe a 4GS prepaid aswell. Now it was just a 4GS people are wondering if I buy this new phone am I going to be stuck with it if the 5 comes out in 6/12 months