07 R6, 2 x R1's
    Liked
    646 times
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Well, after only having a Winter Jacket, I finally made the sacrafice (and oh what a sacrifice it took..... not ) to purchase a perforated leather jacket for summer riding. I had a few in mind, the new M2R Perforated Jacket, or an Alpinestars Stage Jacket. After a bit further research, I also added the Fieldsheer Flex, RS Taichi Viper and the Teknic Chicane.

All of these generally costed a huge amount of money, with only the M2R available in Australia.

After further store searching on the web, I managed to find the Teknic Chicane for US$149 (RRP US$299) at www.newenough.com, with shipping only costing me an additional US$54.10. Thats a total of US@203.10, or ~AUS$268.00. I placed the order last thursday night.

This morning I managed to find a package on my door with the Jacket in it. Thats right. From the US to Perth in less than 1 week Fantastic turn around.

Given this I opened it up, took the photo's below, and then went for a ride

As can be seen from the pictures, the perforations are all through the front panels, along with a couple in the sleeve, and some larger ones on the back, around the waist.
    It has a mesh liner so the the breeze goes through to your skin/shirt, and some CE approved armour in the shoulders, elbows and back. It has an 8", and also full waist plastic zip to join to any pants you may have, as well as a belt lop so that it won't ride up if you are wearing jeans.
    The main zip and pocket zips are metal, and there is the fabric flex panels on the inside of the arm. The black-to-white panels on the front are material.
    There are also waist velcro adjusters on the lower edge of the jacket for those that lack or own a gut.
    Given that I have a rather unusual build (slim with long arms), this jacket fits me very well

The Test
    After riding in the jacket for over two hours this afternoon, I hjave to say that it is pretty awesome. You notice the breeze coming throught the perforations at anything above 60kph, and still stay cool stationary at the lights.
    The pre-curved arms/elbow point is well positioned for me, along with the armour in the shoulders and elbowsstaying in the correct place (little movement once the jacket is on).
    I am not planning to crash test this for anyone.

Overall

Given the cost, speed of delivery, and fit, along with effectiveness of this jacket, i give it 5 /5 .

If you feel that you have to shop overseas, I also can not recommend New Enough........ enough

Keep Black on Black
    Sponsored By: Dynapumps, Highway Yamaha, Chain Reaction Motorcycles, Straightline2ten, K-tech, Imagine Multimedia, M&J Signs, Yamalube

Motorbike
    Triumph Sprint ST
    Liked
    368 times
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So how did you know it was going to fit? This is what always worries me when I buy from the US. What happens if it doesn't fit?

It is very difficult to size things properly, eg I am a 4XL in Dri Rider jackets, (surprisingly only because the arms felt too tight on the 3XL), yet I am a M in Dri Rider gloves - go figure. (and as far as I am aware no-one looks at me and says look at that fat bloke with the little hands!!!)

Nice review by the way, and yes it looks like you got a top deal.
    Adventure before Dementia

Motorbike
    07 R6, 2 x R1's
    Liked
    646 times
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

So how did you know it was going to fit?
    [/b]

I took some very careful measurements based on the sizing chart, and sent a few emails to the store... they generally responded within 1/2 a day each time
    Sponsored By: Dynapumps, Highway Yamaha, Chain Reaction Motorcycles, Straightline2ten, K-tech, Imagine Multimedia, M&J Signs, Yamalube

Motorbike
    K6 GSXR750
    Liked
    78 times
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm, looks damn good, might have to invest in one. Whats teknic like as a brand?
    If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Liked
    0 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for that review! Just went to get one

Liked
    0 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice reveiw Tim

Motorbike
    K1200S
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice, I thought you'd do a couple of Wiggles pose like some other dude that bought a yellow jacket some months back
    I feel sorry for the local shops - it's hard to beat the overseas competitors in both range, pricing and turnaround time. My new helmet (ordered locally) took 10 weeks to arrive! One other part ordered at the same time is still not here (after 12 weeks). I guess the local shops and their distributors need to be much more proactive to beat the overseas competition.

Inactive Member
    Liked
    0 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great review thanks. I can second the thumbs up as I have the same jacket which i also very recently purchased from the US

Motorbike
    05 ZX6R
    Liked
    0 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm I was looking at buying the alpinestars stage jacket for my first one but this is less than half the price. decisions decisions

Motorbike
    K6 GSXR750
    Liked
    78 times
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think ill be getting one of these, hope you dont mind if i get blue as well!
    If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Motorbike
    07 R6, 2 x R1's
    Liked
    646 times
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

Think ill be getting one of these, hope you dont mind if i get blue as well!
    [/b]
    Just so long as you don't get the same helmut, jeans, boots, gloves or bike, you should be in the clear

Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do do do do i wonder what local shops are getting these in?!?! do do do do do do...
    tba.....

Motorbike
    K6 GSXR750
    Liked
    78 times
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do do do do i wonder what local shops are getting these in?!?! do do do do do do...
    [/b]
    Dont think oz places get teknic gear in, could be wrong though

Motorbike
    07 R6, 2 x R1's
    Liked
    646 times
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

[/b]
    I know I can get the teknic gloves from local shops, but even up till a month ago, I was told that Teknic were changing distributors and the new one hadn't been finalised at that time. Are they available again now Jono? Give us all the news, as Teknic have some nice looking gear

Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YEAPO... Definatly a distributor here now... and a major one...

i have my first lot of gear just trickling in now... dont get too excited as its only tiny at the mo... i have ordered a hell of a lot of gear... just keep an eye out... or pop in and say g;day...

it is awesome stuff crash tested and approved by the rep himself
    tba.....

Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Were you riding along stock road? I saw a MCer with a new jacket on that looked just like yours!

If twas you, looks horny!

Inactive Member
    Liked
    0 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i just recently bought some setup boots from new enough and i second that- their pricing and delivery is awsome...
    (should be reviewing these boots soon)...

I'm also lookin a gettin a summer jacket - did you (or anyone) have a look a the ICON Pursuit perforated leather jacket from newenough.com as well ? i wonder how good it is... along with the icon mesh jacket

Liked
    0 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow that was quick! I ordered it last week Thursday, arrived today (Tuesday), that's a new record i believe for round the world postage comes with a bonus clothes hanger too

Thanks again for the review!!

Motorbike
    yer mom
    Liked
    6 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm, looks damn good, might have to invest in one. Whats teknic like as a brand?
    [/b]
    Awesome brand. I have some of their "Violator" (top of the line) gloves and a pair of their denim bike jeans and they're both awesome.

The gloves are now almost 5 years old and I'm lookign to replace them soon because the palm leather is starting to wear a little thinner than I'd like...

The gloves have also been SOAKED and hae never once bled dye.
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.textsfromlastnight.com
    (626): I'm trying this new thing, it's called standards

Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So how did you know it was going to fit? This is what always worries me when I buy from the US. What happens if it doesn't fit?

It is very difficult to size things properly, eg I am a 4XL in Dri Rider jackets, (surprisingly only because the arms felt too tight on the 3XL), yet I am a M in Dri Rider gloves - go figure. (and as far as I am aware no-one looks at me and says look at that fat bloke with the little hands!!!)

Nice review by the way, and yes it looks like you got a top deal.
    [/b]

I had the same thing -Dri Rider DriMesh jacket 6XL and Joe Rocket Alter Ego 3XL, driRider airmesh gloves 3XL, Dri Rider nordic 4XL I actually first saw the JRAE in a shop where I was looking to buy a bike and they wanted $510 RRP for it, they said they would drop it to $460 if I bought the bike and ~ $ 1000 worth of gear - a couple of other shops would do it for $490 but none in stock - at least 1 week wait. I ended up getting it from http://www.dsrpowersports.com/ for $ 360 AUD landed in 6 days I like to support local bussiness when I can but $150 and quicker delivery just can't be beat
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator