Black one and a blue one
    Liked
    0 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problems with homeswest

My neighbour directly behind me is having some problems with her next door neighbour which is a homes west house. The previous tenant behind me got their house completely trashed by the people that live in the homes west place. They even pulled all the babies drawers out and emptied everything over the floor. She only found out it was the homeswest people a month later when she looked over the fence and saw some of her stolen stuff in their yard. Not sure what happened about it as she moved out not long after. Now a new single mum is in there and they've been stealing from her yard and shed. Luckily they haven't touched my place, think my dog scares them off.

Anyways has this happened to anyone before? What can be done about them (legally) and who do you make a complaint to?
    She is a really nice lady trying to bring up three little girls on her own and i'd like to help her if I can.
    Milk, milk, lemonade, round the corner Adelaide

Motorbike
    Yamaha TRX 850
    Liked
    1295 times
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Ahhh, Homeswest. What you need to do is tell her to report every theft to the police. After that, take report number and lodge a complaint with both Homeswest and the local council. You can then go from there. Me personally, I would just burn the house down with the ocupants inside.

Motorbike
    Black one and a blue one
    Liked
    0 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah my first thought was to go the molotov but I thought I'd save that till they try and touch my stuff.
    I'll check with her to see if she has done any of that and if not i'll make sure she does.

Motorbike
    GSX650F - TU250X x 2 - CK125 x 2 - GS500 Slingshot - CF Moto 150
    Liked
    6 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope this helps

I have been in this situation in the past and we tried nearly everything.....

Buy a Diary. Record EVERY event that happens in your diary. Include detail, times date, description of people etc etc. Even if they are just being a nuisance. If you are game, take photos of them doing stuff but only from the front yard( and back if it is in public view, dont take photo's over the fence thats naughty). Get your neighbours involved, the more people with evidence, the better.

If stuff is being taken, it must be reported to both Homeswest and to the police, you need to call homeswest, find out who is in charge of that property and deal directy with it. When reporting it to the police, make sure it is with your local police station and try and deal with the same person, (usually the cops have an idea of what is happening anyway and will be keen to help) and request that they do drive by's, they will usually park out the front of said house so they are noticed. When you report it, make sure they give you a reference number, this is important and again put it in your diary.

Towards the end of my experiences, we were getting drive by's nearly every hour until it went really bad.

Once you know who the homeswest rep is in charge of the property, as soon as something happens, call them, inform them of what has happened and note it in your diary that you had the conversation(remember, if that person changes position at homeswest they arent going to care anymore, thats if they care in the first place). You have to make sure your neighbours complain as well, it does not work if you are doing it by yourself. I am sure your neighbours dont want them there either and are willing to help. You need to keep onto the homeswest rep, the more you complain the more its going to shit them and eventually something can be done about it.

The more information you give both the police and homeswest, the easier it will be later on down the track.

From what I can work out, Homeswest have a 3 strikes rule.. It may have changed in the last 12 months or so.

1 You complain, they get paid a visit, told to behave. ( In 2 weeks if nothing happens its all forgotten about)

2 You complain within 2 weeks, they get another visit, told to behave ( Again, if they behave for 2 weeks its all forgotten about again)

3 You complain within the next lot of 2 weeks, they get given 7 days to pull their head in or get evicted.(If they behave for 7 days the whole process starts all over again, usually when they get told about the 7 days, the tennants are extremely quiet and lay low for a week so it will be very hard to have them evicted.)

So generally, 5-6 weeks later the whole process starts again, which is why you need to document EVERYTHING. You could waste 6 months if not longer going through this process over and over again, I did. When you complain to homeswest, ask them for the procedure and how it works just to make sure it hasnt changed too much.

You also have to remember, the reason why most of the people are in public housing is because they generally have no where else to go, so homeswest also have to look at, well if we throw them out, they will end up on the streets which can cause other issues. So it makes it really really hard to get them out.

Dont waste your time calling the council and asking them to inspect the property for health/hygiene issues, all they do is contact homeswest after they do it as they are the owner of the property and get them to deal with it unless it is that bad it has to be condemned.

After you have been documenting this for a while and if you have had no success, contact Alanah Mctiernons office(I think that is how it is spelt) She was in charge of the dept of housing and works when I did this. When you contact them, give them the details of the people you have been speaking to at homeswest and the local police officer you have been talking to. This was my last resort as I didnt know what else to do. It took 3 days from contacting their office and homeswest came over with the police and evicted them.

You need to be in it for the long haul. We spent nearly 18 months trying to get the people of where I was living. There was constant abuse, threats, street fights at all hours of the day/night, number plates being stolen of cars in broad daylight, constant smashing of windows in the homeswest house, syringes laying around on the front of their house..... The list goes on..... Speaking of that, if you ever have to clean your gutters, wear gloves(used syringes tend to get thrown in them if they are within reach). The worst of it was the threats to dude across the road telling him they were going to rape his wife and one day, my missus pulled into the driveway, one of the tennants came over, asked her to call him an ambulance cos he cut his hand on some glass. Turns out he punched every window in the house, which had only just been fixed. There was 19m3 of rubbish removed from the one next to me after they were thrown out.

I hope this helps you and your neighbour.
    Your are only young once but can stay immature forever!

Motorbike
    Ninja 250 with carbon 2bros pipe
    Liked
    2133 times
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sniper rifle
    night scope
    tree
    problem gone
    "We target expert skilled riders with the R1"- Yamaha Product Planning division manager Takeshi Higuchi

B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Liked
    0 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is her and kids with your dog?
    Remove a fence panel between the two so the dog patrols the whole lot.

Motorbike
    Black one and a blue one
    Liked
    0 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Sikpuppy, that is a great help. Really appreciate the effort you have gone to there. If its ok with you i'll give her a copy of what you have just written and we'll door knock the other neighbours to see if they'll join in which i'm sure they will.

cowgirlz gone so now it's just barfie's window
    Motorbike
    mine
    Liked
    526 times
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SIKPUPY View Post
    1 You complain, they get paid a visit, told to behave. ( In 2 weeks if nothing happens its all forgotten about)

2 You complain within 2 weeks, they get another visit, told to behave ( Again, if they behave for 2 weeks its all forgotten about again)

3 You complain within the next lot of 2 weeks, they get given 7 days to pull their head in or get evicted.(If they behave for 7 days the whole process starts all over again, usually when they get told about the 7 days, the tennants are extremely quiet and lay low for a week so it will be very hard to have them evicted.)

So generally, 5-6 weeks later the whole process starts again, which is why you need to document EVERYTHING. You could waste 6 months if not longer going through this process over and over again, I did. When you complain to homeswest, ask them for the procedure and how it works just to make sure it hasnt changed too much.
    however, if they fit a certain racial profile, this may go on for years with nothing happening, as an associate of mine will attest
    "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Motorbike
    Black one and a blue one
    Liked
    0 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Wiggum, and i'd say they do fit the racial profile you are talking about.
    I've never had a problem with them apart from the noise. If they touch my stuff then its game on but till then i'd like to help the back neighbour if I can.

Motorbike
    Yellow GT250R!!
    Liked
    26 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They get evicted real quick from my area. We have about 20+ flats 2 doors down. Thankfully we keep them well stocked with disabled people who not only are very nice, but can't climb your fence.
    Every now and then someone dies and we get unwanted peoples moving in. After they steal a couple cars and get caught in people's (neighbour's) homes they are not seen of much amore. I'm not sure who it is in the local area that does such a splendid job of making sure they get kicked da fark out but we sure to appreciate them.

Motorbike
    02 Daytona - used to own
    Liked
    0 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chief wiggum View Post
    however, if they fit a certain racial profile, this may go on for years with nothing happening, as an associate of mine will attest
    Try living up north in small towns mate............Plenty of Homeswest housing.

Complain to Homeswest and the cops, they should treat all tenants the same. We got the ones across the road from us moved out within 6 weeks of shit starting to happen. Cops can't do much except make visits and recommendations to Homeswest- Homeswest is the only one that can make them move on.

Liked
    28 times
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you PM the address, I will be able to find out who the Accommodation Manager is and get their contact details to you

Motorbike
    06 Ninja ZX-6R 636
    Liked
    147 times
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Problems with homeswest

PSB outing to say hello to the neighbours ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motorbike
    1991 XT600.
    Liked
    36 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have 5 hoeswest houses in our street getting knocked down currently, apparently before we moved in (6 months ago) the street was a warzone fay and night. Some of the tenants were moved on (after a lot of effort by some neighbours), and then the TRG knocked on one of the doors with a sledgehammer. Unknown to us, the guy was selling meth at all hours, havent seen that guy for a while. Neighbours were getting broken into and assaulted when junkies were short of cash and needed a bit extra. End result is a quiet street right now, and a whole lot of fresh houses in a year or two's time.

The neighbour who told me said getting them evicted was a slow process, but (obviously) very worth it.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon! Press the brake foot as you roll around the corners, and save the collapse and tie up.

Motorbike
    2000 ZZR600
    Liked
    21 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't bother with the Council, they will wash their hands of welfare housing completely as it has nothing to do with them.

Every theft or incident must be reported to the Police. This is the way to build up a 'case' against the people living there so they can be moved on. Write to the Director General of the Department of Housing detailing the issues, and if you get no satisfaction there, go to the next step up the ladder, the Minister for Housing and Works.

Liked
    0 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there anyway to find the locations of state housing to avoid buying a house near one?

Motorbike
    Black one and a blue one
    Liked
    0 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish there was a way of finding out. The house was empty for about 6 months when I bought there and it was great. But then they moved in and started playing music all day and having fires in their yard at night. They always turn the music off by about 9pm but its on all day and you can't go out the back without hearing it. And we have to keep the doors closed or the house smells of smoke. They are just bloody annoying.

Liked
    27 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck with it all!

And sorry to be a downer - but if the tenants have any mental illnesses they likely won't be evicted either. My mate's next door neighbour (homeswest) is an abusive alcoholic schizophrenic, and after all the complaints, hospital trips and police reports/drivebys, they've been told she cant be evicted because of the mental illness and she's got nowhere else to go..
    >>I like to play with snakes<<

"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov

Liked
    796 times
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ageo View Post
    Is there anyway to find the locations of state housing to avoid buying a house near one?
    sure.

anyone can find out who owns any property. Just go into Landgate and do a search of property details for the area. It will cost you, probably quite a bit.
    Refugee and Humanitarian Issues: Australia's Response

*Department of Immigration and Citizenship*

There is no offence under Australian law that criminalises the act of arriving in
    Australia or the seeking of asylum without a valid visa.

Motorbike
    2007 R1
    Liked
    2246 times
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shai'tan View Post
    Good luck with it all!

And sorry to be a downer - but if the tenants have any mental illnesses they likely won't be evicted either. My mate's next door neighbour (homeswest) is an abusive alcoholic schizophrenic, and after all the complaints, hospital trips and police reports/drivebys, they've been told she cant be evicted because of the mental illness and she's got nowhere else to go..
    Can't the police have these people sectioned to proper hospital/psych care. They're obviously not getting help from anyone whilst living badly out in the community.