PDA

View Full Version : Email sent to Me

Fastgirl
23-09-2005, 02:48 PM
:) Hi all,
just got this from a friend of mine, and I think it is a worthwhile casue,seeings as our MAD efforts realte and all:

Hello All,
The ABC are doing a story on the lack of full care facilities to service young disabled people and Guy is one of the main case studies.

The situation is that once a person’s condition has stabilised, they are moved out of the rehabilitation facilities to longer term care. This longer term care is the “old people’s homes”.

The issue with this is that someone like Guy, at his age and with his active mind, is surrounded by people seeing out their last days, for the rest of their life. The young people see the older people come and go. They are faced with mortality daily.

There are no longer term care facilities available to house the younger more active disabled people.

Given that we are starting our major fundraising effort to seek donations to help bring Guy home permanently to his parent’s farm, it will be nice for people to see this story.

If there is anyone else you can email this out to so that they can tune in then please do so.

(Lets see how the power and speed of email can help guy this time)

There will be some footage of him riding I believe.

Regards

Mike Bennett

Mike Bennett

Financial Planner

Authorised Representative No. 223143

Bepad PTY LTD Trading as

Sovereign Bridge Capital Group

Australian Financial Services License No. 221892

* Tel: (61) 8 9226 2209

* Fax: (61) 8 9226 2210

* Mob: 041 783 0032

* Email: MikeB@sovwa.com

xphread
23-09-2005, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by fastgir1@Sep 23 2005, 02:48 PM
There are no longer term care facilities available to house the younger more active disabled people.
:unsure: Where is this story from?? I wouldnt call the Para-quad centre (across the oval at shents) an "old peoples home"? <_<

If there is anyone else you can email this out to so that they can tune in then please do so.Am I missing something? ...When? :)

Fastgirl
23-09-2005, 03:21 PM
:( sorry got sent to me will chase up when the story is on!!

Fastgirl
23-09-2005, 03:29 PM
ABC Stateline, 7.30pm tonight is when it is being aired.

Gryphen
24-09-2005, 12:06 PM
Am watching it on ABC right now..

Watched it and it did mention Guy, talk was more about State and federal funding to set up the facilities for the &#39;youth&#39; rather than old peoples homes, it made no mention of Guy oe his family raising money to do it themselves.

I&#39;d have the guy that sent the email checked out just in case of fraud.