PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy fang streets ?

sarcasmatron
23-09-2005, 09:18 PM
Something I've wondered many times before (and I'm sure some backpackers have actually experienced) ...

If you were elected president of the galaxy and had the power to close urban/suburban streets at will (or alternatively if you're the last one left alive in one of those movies like 28 Days Later or The Stand), which streets would you love to go all-out in, not worrying about traffic or people or the law ?

I'd love to give it the berries down both lanes of Mounts Bay Rd which would turn into some lovely sweepers at 150 and then cut through all those roads up in King's Park. Freo would be good for some moto-gymkhana action. The sunset tourist drive also wouldn't be bad at 3 times the speed limit and taking both lanes.

bleekerism
23-09-2005, 09:26 PM
wanneroo road between quinns and yanchep

TurboR1
23-09-2005, 09:32 PM
I'd be happy crossing the intersection of james and Lake st in Northbridge with out fear of being taken out.

However having the Bridgetown, Ballingup, nannup run all to myself would be cool! B)

Disco Frank
24-09-2005, 10:16 AM
mm to many rds! down goosberry hill rd! awsome right left combo,

1 day i will come up with a list of rds for this very reason :)

Sprint
24-09-2005, 11:38 AM
West Coast Highway - the entire run.

Sprint B)

Deza
24-09-2005, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Sprint@Sep 24 2005, 11:38 AM

Sprint B)

mmmmmmmmmmmm

ChOOkiE
25-09-2005, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Sprint@Sep 24 2005, 11:38 AM

Sprint B)

Agreed.. there's some nice roads there and some nice speeds to be got!

Magenta Tiger
25-09-2005, 09:29 PM
---

Nigel
25-09-2005, 10:11 PM
...and the path from Garrett Rd to Peninsula Ave, and the one through Ashfield Flats, and the one on the other side of the river, and the one along the river in Nedlands, and all of the footpaths between Freo and The Area Formerly Known As Raffles.

And the bunny tracks, and that path down south that I'll never be able to find again, and the one along the Tonkin from Collier Rd to the railway, and a couple of footbridges over the freeway...

And the 7th Ave bridge, and Central Ave between Beaufort St and Railway Pde, and a couple of other similar bits of road scattered around Perth.

And the Albany highway heading out of Armadale, and the Joondalup industrial bit, and Joondalup, and lots of bits south of the river, and both the south river and north river runs...

...and Branksome Gardens, and Reabold Hill, and the Herdsman industrial area, and large bits of Beechboro, and Summerlake Dve, and Technology Park...

Fuck it, close all the roads and footpaths.

mystery
27-09-2005, 10:58 AM
Mundaring weir road for sure so you dont have to worry about any other fucker coming round a corner on the wrong side of the road.