PDA

View Full Version : GRAND FINAL RUBBISH

xavo
24-09-2005, 03:22 PM
i dont like umpires infact i will now go out of my way to run them over (if i'm in a cage) :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
ANGRY

Melkor
24-09-2005, 03:30 PM
choke!

TheonlyNinjabitches
24-09-2005, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by xavo@Sep 24 2005, 03:22 PM
i dont like umpires infact i will now go out of my way to run them over (if i'm in a cage) :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
ANGRY

now watch all the weagles fans have a big bad cry about the umps

how bout ya just werent good enough take it on the chin and dont make excuses

brendon_zx
24-09-2005, 04:35 PM
or watch all the non footy fans have a say about the footy. If you admit to not liking it how can you make comment on it.

Bad luck eagles... good game and we had a good season.

kyle
24-09-2005, 04:46 PM
I cant believe Baz Hall was even aloud to play today, bunch of corrupt pricks. Oh well still a good game.

dr00
24-09-2005, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by kyle@Sep 24 2005, 04:46 PM
I cant believe Baz Hall was even aloud to play today, bunch of corrupt pricks. Oh well still a good game.

dont be silly, they couldnt have the fairytale win without barry hall, it just wouldnt be the same. the afl doesnt have rules, it has guidelines :rolleyes:

eXume
24-09-2005, 05:25 PM
My theory....
The AFL wants to put another team in NSW. It is the biggest untapped market for them, the majority of NSWalers follow Rugby :wacko:

The biggest way to get some major support for another team is to...... you guessed it win a premiership. Now how many good runs of luck can you count that Sydney has had this year?

Any other conspiracy theories welcome. :D

Jono
24-09-2005, 05:39 PM
was a good game... we had about 15 people from other shops come watch it in our shop... sydney deserved to win... they played better than eagles... but it still sucks... now all west coast supporters (me included) know what it is to feel like sete....

Gordo
24-09-2005, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Jono@Sep 24 2005, 05:39 PM
now all west coast supporters (me included) know what it is to feel like sete....

nah no way man, nothing like how Sete feels, It's only footy...... :lol: :lol:

TheonlyNinjabitches
24-09-2005, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by kyle@Sep 24 2005, 04:46 PM

did you see the gasper incident he shouldnt of played either

whats good for the goose is good for the gander

Japaroo
24-09-2005, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Jono@Sep 24 2005, 05:39 PM
now all west coast supporters (me included) know what it is to feel like sete....

*cough* or the Australian cricket team :P :lol:

Monty
24-09-2005, 07:22 PM
Hall flattens Wirrapunda now he just a nasty prick.. and how can the eagles mark in the forward 50 when they seem to have there arms pinned down nearly every time.

Shadow
24-09-2005, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Gordo@Sep 24 2005, 06:33 PM
nah no way man, nothing like how Sete feels, It's only footy...... :lol: :lol:

So what colours won??

and you only feel like Sete if you cried :P

Disco Frank
24-09-2005, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Ninja@Sep 24 2005, 03:33 PM
now watch all the weagles fans have a big bad cry about the umps

how bout ya just werent good enough take it on the chin and dont make excuses

i watched the game thought the umps were fucking tops!

only 1 or 2 bad calls and then only JUST

yer shame about the eagles

ChOOkiE
25-09-2005, 11:05 AM
Barry shouldn't have played.. everyone knows that. Hell, next season in the semi final I can see it now.. player walks on field, smacks the captain or best player in the face to KO him.. then just say "Hey, you can't suspend me, it's the grand final next week". Only reason he got off is because it's the grand final, it should have been treated as any other game.

Having said that, I'm glad he played because if he didn't and the Eagles won, wouldn't have heard the end of it; "If we had Barry" "Barry would have won it for us" blah blah blah.

Don't get me started on the umpires.. and if you guys can't see the bad umpiring, you're blind. Go buy bigger or better quality TVs.

Whenever the Eagles have played in the grand final, they've had to beat not just the other team, the umpires aswell. It's all too full of shit. I guess this time they had to beat the umpires and two cities.. south melbourne and sydney hahaha. Now THAT is a crock of shit!! Since when have they ever used the name south melbourne... They ARE the Sydney Swans, no point trying to go back to what used to be. Talk about trying to rally up some Victorian based supporters hahah. Next thing you know Adelaide are going to be calling themselves the Nor Nor Westerly Melbourne and the Adelaide Crows.

Having said all of this, it was still a good close game regardless. Better luck next year Eagles!

dugy
25-09-2005, 11:13 AM
Sore head.
Sore foot.

I think I had a great day yesterday. :)

Bummer we didn't win.
But it was the most exciting and closely contested games this season.

Infusi0n
25-09-2005, 12:09 PM
4 points, i don't feel gutted by the loss that was a good hard game of football, i think sydneys a flooding team we all saw the pan shot which showed their forward line in our 50 and while they may have won the final, flooding teams make for boring games (ie: crows vs sydney = zzzzz fest). On the other hand both teams kept to 50 points .. what a game right up until the very end. Just wish we had managed to get across the line. From the AFL's perspective it was great, the cup did not go west and went to south melbourne i mean sydney instead. (love how the commentators started calling them south melbourne, to try and let vic claim something from this years grand final). On the plus side hasn't been a victorian team win the cup since 2000, lets keep it like that!

TheonlyNinjabitches
25-09-2005, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by ChOOkiE@Sep 25 2005, 11:05 AM
Barry shouldn't have played.. everyone knows that. Hell, next season in the semi final I can see it now.. player walks on field, smacks the captain or best player in the face to KO him.. then just say "Hey, you can't suspend me, it's the grand final next week". Only reason he got off is because it's the grand final, it should have been treated as any other game.

Having said that, I'm glad he played because if he didn't and the Eagles won, wouldn't have heard the end of it; "If we had Barry" "Barry would have won it for us" blah blah blah.

Don't get me started on the umpires.. and if you guys can't see the bad umpiring, you're blind. Go buy bigger or better quality TVs.

Whenever the Eagles have played in the grand final, they've had to beat not just the other team, the umpires aswell. It's all too full of shit. I guess this time they had to beat the umpires and two cities.. south melbourne and sydney hahaha. Now THAT is a crock of shit!! Since when have they ever used the name south melbourne... They ARE the Sydney Swans, no point trying to go back to what used to be. Talk about trying to rally up some Victorian based supporters hahah. Next thing you know Adelaide are going to be calling themselves the Nor Nor Westerly Melbourne and the Adelaide Crows.

Having said all of this, it was still a good close game regardless. Better luck next year Eagles!

the travis gasper thing was way worse than the barry hall thing and he got let of but because he isnt as famous no one said shit about him

bleekerism
25-09-2005, 05:14 PM
well hall was let off first and they couldnt have let one off and not the other when they were both clearly guilty not that it would have mattered if hall was guilty by the tribuneral sydney would take the decision to real court and get an injunction so he can play til the court date by the time it roles round he would get one game holiday starting next season sydney did it with one of there players last time they got into a grandfinal and the tribuneral said one of them couldnt play

booze
25-09-2005, 07:32 PM
i cant believe ppl are complaining bout the umpiring????????????????? it was the best id seen all season... you cant blame the umpires for losing a game of footy... if you want to talk about getting ripped off, lets talk about damien martyn. right there is one man whos been fuking ripped off big time and then to bring in shane watson and stuart mcgill??? OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bad luck marto, youve been ripped again mate :( :angry: ;) :blink:

sarcasmatron
25-09-2005, 07:49 PM
Aaaw c'mon it's not about whether or not you win or lose. As long as all those boys out there had a nice afternoon playing outside in the sun that's all that matters.

Duffman
26-09-2005, 11:30 AM
1) barry hall shouldnt have been playing. with his record, and the stance they had been taking on those incidents all through the season, it shouldnt have happened. if u want to play in the grand final, you dont go and punch someone who isnt expecting it, in the guts, behind play, in the prelim (yes gasper probably should have been out too, thou by the umpires admission, the other bloke ducked his head into it.) inconsistent bunch of softcocks. on the other hand, it didnt surprise me.
2) i know umpires cant be perfect, but there were some pretty piss poor calls. especially in the last quarter where cox gave away 50. if an umpire makes a really bad call, you should be allowed to bad the shit out of him. not the standard of umpiring u want to see in a grand final
3) the eagles were outplayed. they never looked like winning after the 1st quarter, and im surprised they got it that close. the swans deffinantly could have put them away if O'lachlan could have kicked straight

Chester
26-09-2005, 09:06 PM
Go the Swannies!!

Fuck the Weagles!!

Nuff Said!!