PDA

View Full Version : A1 GP

resist
02-10-2005, 08:55 PM
I just watched tens coverage of last weekends inaugral A1 GP Race. This format is brilliant!

They have the same variable rev limiters, set to timers, as Champ Cars, they race close, they crash HARD!! (Team Lebanon got rolly on it).

Australia is up the front of the pack, with Great Britain, New Zealand and an extreemely fast Brazil (Nelson Piguet Jnr is a rocket).

My mate Scott, who finds motorsport boring, was on the edge of his seat.

The cars had reliability problems, and the pit stop rules are a bit to ="NASCAR - esque" for me, but this formula is some of the best racing, with the broadest appeal, I have ever seen!

WOW! I have the tape if anyone wants to borrow it and check it out.

Disco Frank
02-10-2005, 09:32 PM
cool a man!

umm put it on a cd :)

and i did know it was shown on ten only fox sports?

yer good idea for racing, wonders about if it will take over from f1

resist
02-10-2005, 09:46 PM
Nah. It wont take over.

Ten shows it the week after.

And I have it on VHS sorry.

rz350
02-10-2005, 11:49 PM
Watched it on Fox Sports last week. The half hour or so I watched of it was indeed brilliant. Damn Brazil was flying though! Was actually suprised to see the Aussies doing so well (and NZ for that matter). Cant wait to the next round.

RathoRA
02-10-2005, 11:55 PM
damn i missed it! hopefully someone seeds it on a torrent :)

Gresh
03-10-2005, 04:25 PM
My Bro watched it, said it was excellent and that they have BOOST BUTTONS??? Is that true? Four times during the race they can hit BOOST and get 30hp extra for a small amount of time. That is so freaking cool

resist
03-10-2005, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by greshaki@Oct 3 2005, 04:25 PM
My Bro watched it, said it was excellent and that they have BOOST BUTTONS??? Is that true? Four times during the race they can hit BOOST and get 30hp extra for a small amount of time. That is so freaking cool

Yeah, it is the same as CHAMP Car. What is it does, is free up an extra couple of hundred revs, allowing the engine to rev higher for a brief period of time so a pass can be made.

Nelson Piquet JNR never used his in the race! He is a rocket.

I think it might be more than 4 times. Like 7. But I am not sure. It is a really exciting formula.

Magenta Tiger
03-10-2005, 06:29 PM
---

Rod
03-10-2005, 06:49 PM
I watched it but the camera work seemed to make the cars look like they were travelling a bit slow.