PDA

View Full Version : Bathurst = awesome



resist
10-10-2005, 09:32 AM
I am not much of an Ambrose fan, and I dont like Murphy too much either. But that crash on lap 145 was just ridiculous!

Murphy fucked up out of turn 2, griffins, and couldnt get the car back under him properly on time for the cutting. Ambrose had the racing line, and murphy was NO WHERE NEAR the B pillar at the turn in for turn 3. Ambrose gets tagged in the rear, spun, (nearly clears the sidewall and everyone gets caught up in it.

This was a racing accident. I dont believe either driver is liable for penalties over the accident, however, both drivers are going to be liable for fines over there behaviour post incident. I am not adverse to seeing a bit of emotion on the track, and I think the that AVESCO should go easy on the drivers. I dont think a big fine is in order.

What do you think?

OggiEKnoB
10-10-2005, 09:35 AM
love a good crash.........

waited all day for that ..........

Mates were yelling out Punch him in the head....... :lol:

tigerleo
10-10-2005, 10:08 AM
There wasn't a lot of clear footage of what happened before Murph tapped Ambrose - kind of looked like Ambrose was trying to force his way past Murph as he (Murphy) said after the race...

I don't know - I think Ambrose is a w*nker and should be fined for that alone! :P

resist
10-10-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by tigerleo62@Oct 10 2005, 10:08 AM
There wasn't a lot of clear footage of what happened before Murph tapped Ambrose - kind of looked like Ambrose was trying to force his way past Murph as he (Murphy) said after the race...


170508


The incar and also the overhead shot from the chopper shows murphy gets a bad run out of turn 2, and tags ambrose in the inside rear quarter panel. Very clearly Murphys fault as Ambrose maintained the racing line.

dr00
10-10-2005, 11:26 AM
nah i think it was a racing incident, both their faults. ambrose cut in more than he should have, he had plenty of room to go wider, but murphy probably tagged him a bit hard. so would i ambrose is a bloody wanker :P


Very clearly Murphys fault as Ambrose maintained the racing line.

hes not supposed to maintain the racing line, hes got to give racing room...

resist
10-10-2005, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by dr00@Oct 10 2005, 11:26 AM
nah i think it was a racing incident, both their faults. ambrose cut in more than he should have, he had plenty of room to go wider, but murphy probably tagged him a bit hard. so would i ambrose is a bloody wanker :P
hes not supposed to maintain the racing line, hes got to give racing room...

170545


The racing line gives racing room. The "racing room" rule is for straights. In corners, the follow car has to be alongside the B Pillar to claim the line in the corner. Murphy was not alongside the b pillar. Thats the applicable rule in the situation.

xphread
10-10-2005, 11:55 AM
I didnt see anyone indicate!

:angry: Damn cages :angry:


(not that I even watched it or know what you are talking about. :lol: )

Disco Frank
10-10-2005, 01:50 PM
mnmm

murph was at fault clearly poor ambrowse he was makign up good ground on the leader too.

murph is a tool peroid, same as skaife
there are very few holden drivers that are actualyl good blokes,
hell lowdnes was smiling after both incedents that caused him to loose the race he was 8sec ahead before he hit the wall :(

murph and ambrose have come to blows before this aint the first time,
also what is with the whole balaclava... sheesh ambrose admitted he has not worn 1 for 3 yrs and AVESCO decide to ping them ( stone brothers racing ) when they are leading the race, even after luff was able to show proof he had his on!



PS it was not a damn endur it was more a demo derby!

Daise
10-10-2005, 01:50 PM
They should have been fined for NOT having a punch-up.

Would have been classic entertainment.

And you didn't need to be a professional lip reader to know what was being said ;)

Fenris
10-10-2005, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Daise@Oct 10 2005, 01:50 PM
They should have been fined for NOT having a punch-up.

170604

What she said :)

Magic8Ball
10-10-2005, 03:16 PM
Yep classic

Both strode towards each other and i thought..hes going to headbut him but nothing...

Handbags and finger pointing that was all...

Should be fined for not fighting...

Funny though :lol:

offtheshelf
10-10-2005, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Daise@Oct 10 2005, 01:50 PM
They should have been fined for NOT having a punch-up.

Would have been classic entertainment.

And you didn't need to be a professional lip reader to know what was being said ;)

170604



lovin that comment..... there have been some good bust ups but who could forget Skaifey (WANKER++++++) starin down ambrose at one of the races a couple a years back. but murphy should be fined simply for bein a kiwi....hardy har har..just jokes but he is a wanker.... and I believe Ambrose has an over-inflated opinion of himself... but when you're that good, who cares........

piece out my bruss'

Gordo
10-10-2005, 05:13 PM
I say neither should get fined, but who cares it was just bogans racing taxis round a mountain.... :lol: :lol:

OggiEKnoB
10-10-2005, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Disco Frank@Oct 10 2005, 01:50 PM
mnmm

murph was at fault clearly poor ambrowse he was makign up good ground on the leader too.

murph is a tool peroid, same as skaife
there are very few holden drivers that are actualyl good blokes,
hell lowdnes was smiling after both incedents that caused him to loose the race he was 8sec ahead before he hit the wall :(

murph and ambrose have come to blows before this aint the first time,
also what is with the whole balaclava... sheesh ambrose admitted he has not worn 1 for 3 yrs and AVESCO decide to ping them ( stone brothers racing ) when they are leading the race, even after luff was able to show proof he had his on!
PS it was not a damn endur it was more a demo derby!

170601

classic :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rooster
10-10-2005, 05:42 PM
BRING BACK THE BIFF!

Bulbous
10-10-2005, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Gordo@Oct 10 2005, 05:13 PM
I say neither should get fined, but who cares it was just bogans racing taxis round a mountain.... :lol: :lol:

170750


too true.... at least they should have gone the whole hog like the king Tony Longhurst, throwing punches through the drivers window when he got punted out of the race on the way up the mountain one year..... now that was good fun for all the family..... :lol:

tigerleo
10-10-2005, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by resist1@Oct 10 2005, 10:31 AM
The incar and also the overhead shot from the chopper shows murphy gets a bad run out of turn 2, and tags ambrose in the inside rear quarter panel. Very clearly Murphys fault as Ambrose maintained the racing line.

170520

I think the word 'clearly' is debatable - from what I saw, the initial cause of the bing, when Ambrose *COUGH*wanker*COUGH* passed Murphy he cut in - no way Murphy could have given him space - but anyway, the point is mute as they have both been cleared and it has been deemed a 'racing incident'.

Oh yeah, almost forgot: COMMODORE WINS AGAIN!!! :P

Disco Frank
10-10-2005, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by tigerleo62@Oct 10 2005, 05:50 PM


Oh yeah, almost forgot: COMMODORE WINS AGAIN!!! :P

170774


umm what? commondore?? LOL that aint no commondore they race ther lovey
same as it aint no falcon
they "resemble a falcon and commondore" no way in hell are they are falcon or commondore those days were up well before u learnt how to poop your pants :P


ohh well another roudns over 3 more to go and then we will see who the winner is

TurboR1
10-10-2005, 06:30 PM
Both acted like typical commonwhore drivers, an attitude of "I drive the Aussie icon therefore i own the road" POOFS

Cbr1k
10-10-2005, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Red Rooster@Oct 10 2005, 05:42 PM
BRING BACK THE BIFF!

170767



Wot he said. There is way to many people trying to turn us all into wowsers imho.

Magenta Tiger
10-10-2005, 06:43 PM
---

tigerleo
10-10-2005, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Disco Frank@Oct 10 2005, 05:59 PM
those days were up well before u learnt how to poop your pants :P

170779

<_< Hmmm, you are not talking to a little kid buddy - maybe before you were crapping your dacks, but even that is pushing it...

Whatever the make-up of the cars, history will show that the race was won by a Holden Racing Team Commodore VZ driven by Skaife & Kelly

brendon_zx
10-10-2005, 07:17 PM
lol... a lot of you are saying they are taxis but they lap that mountain faster than anyone here rides. Its one of the best touring car championships in the world. You may not like them but stop being so one-eyed.

Back on topic, they shouldn&#39;t be fined. Nothing happened apart from a few words. It was an entertaining race and i reckon that incident was a racing incident as both guys were going hard for the win. Maybe murphy could have backed out but he didn&#39;t.

sav
10-10-2005, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by brendon_zx@Oct 10 2005, 07:17 PM
lol... a lot of you are saying they are taxis but they lap that mountain faster than anyone here rides. Its one of the best touring car championships in the world. You may not like them but stop being so one-eyed.

170842

Taxis.
I&#39;ve seen more exciting action watching the kids down the road race their stand-up-scooter-things down the hill... even they&#39;re smart enough to learn shit gets boring well before the 165th time you do it :D

Dingo
10-10-2005, 07:55 PM
Fantastic Race All told, except the result :( (stupid commonwhores!)

The pile up was the most entertaining part of the arvo, was just waiting for the helmets to fly and fists to follow. :angry:

And Murphy was wrong :lol:

xphread
11-10-2005, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by sav+Oct 10 2005, 07:38 PM-->
even they&#39;re smart enough to learn shit gets boring well before the 165th time you do it :D
170851[/b]
<!--QuoteBegin-Dingo
The pile up was the most entertaining part of the arvo, was just waiting for the helmets to fly and fists to follow. :lol:

Reminds me of one of the 12th man CDs (cant remember which one. (I think it was reffering to F1) - apologies for anything subtle I missed in my recollection/paraphrasing/adaption ;) )...

"As we cross over back to Bathurst..."
"Commentator: Finally!! ...an accident! Something exciting! ... For the last hour they&#39;ve been going round and round and round.... Its SOOOO fucking boring!"
:lol: :lol: Still makes me laugh!

resist
11-10-2005, 12:49 PM
Ratings report today... average of 1.3 Million bathurst watchers.
93,000 for the Cricket. :D :P

Also from AAP.
Both drivers have escaped penalty for both the crash and the confrontation. AVESCO has said that to take action against the emotional reactions of drivers would oversanitise the sport.

dr00
11-10-2005, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by resist1@Oct 11 2005, 12:49 PM
Also from AAP.
Both drivers have escaped penalty for both the crash and the confrontation. AVESCO has said that to take action against the emotional reactions of drivers would oversanitise the sport.

171217


wtf? common sense? this challenges my preconceptions about the entire human race.

also anyone who hates skaife is jealous coz hes got it all. successful racing driver who owns a successful racing team and does it with a smile on his face and a witty comment for the media. oh and hes won bathurst five times. its ok disco frank we know its hard to win races in an inferior machine. i just feel sorry for the yanks having to put up with ambrose for years to come, wouldnt wish that on my worst enemies.

*stirs the pot vigorously* :P

resist
11-10-2005, 01:10 PM
Skaife is a smarmy whingey little bitch. He is worse than Ambrose! But fuck he knows how to make a team work and win races.

mumble mumble fucking mumble mumble smash mumbel fuggin mumble glasses mumble whiney little mumble mumble....

xphread
11-10-2005, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by resist1@Oct 11 2005, 12:49 PM
Ratings report today... average of 1.3 Million bathurst watchers.
93,000 for the Cricket. :D :P

171217Just for the record. I think I&#39;ve watched as many bathurst races as cricket matches.
(and you could probably count em both on one hand. :lol: )

Would rather get out and do it myself (even if its a reduced form) than watch someone else! :P

dr00
11-10-2005, 01:38 PM
hes not worse than ambrose... skaife is cocky, ambrose is just a dickhead. apples and oranges.

cYcLoNe
14-10-2005, 01:50 AM
i&#39;ve watched the "great race" every year since i can remember...

had to work on sunday, luckily for me my darling girl put a tape on for me...

I HATE CRICKET!!! yep she taped channed nine... :(

anyone want to swap a tape of the cricket for one of bathurst :lol:

resist
14-10-2005, 08:32 AM
I have all ten hours on tape!

I can lend it to you to copy.

horse
14-10-2005, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by resist1@Oct 11 2005, 12:49 PM
Both drivers have escaped penalty for both the crash and the confrontation. AVESCO has said that to take action against the emotional reactions of drivers would oversanitise the sport.

171217

atleast something decent was decided on
there should be some biffo i reckon, these people are passionate about what they do and its there job to race, who wouldnt get emotional in there shoes
some things shouldnt attract a fine/penalty or anything, its just part of the fun

besides they have the ford/holden v8&#39;s all they need is the carton of beer and a punch up and the picture is complete :lol:

Monty
15-10-2005, 01:57 AM
Oh DiscoFranky Baby lets start again on this forum shall we? As the view from the chopper shows ambrose after being screwed for the balaclava was pushing hard to make ground he had the inside of murph but didnt hold and give murph space (murph was on the far outside couldnt go any furthere there was a wall there) which caused the hit on the front right of murph&#39;s car, which then at the next turn murph was still going straight ahead and cleaned up ambrose, crappy ford boy hit him first. Unfortunalty even with the best drivers you still cant tame the mountain, Loundes was a champ in the holden, stepped over to the blue oval and theres just no reliability there. He only had an accident early because he was driving it like a Holden but unfortunalty the Ford doesnt handle or corner as well as the Holden obviously, if Lowndes was in the Holden he woulda won.

Disco Frank
15-10-2005, 04:39 PM
found this beauty cleary shows ambrose tunring in AHEAD of murphy and murph not giving racing room.

http://www.members.ii.net/~fayduda/accident.jpg


btw lowndes is dooing good with 888 racing just took his time he has commented on how much better the ford teams are than the holden teams

holden lovers are just jealous

tigerleo
15-10-2005, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Disco Frank+Oct 15 2005, 04:39 PM-->
found this beauty cleary shows ambrose tunring in AHEAD of murphy and murph not giving racing room.

173228
[/b]
Yep, can&#39;t get much clearer than those pics - well maybe you could with a cheap camera phone :P

<!--QuoteBegin-Disco Frank@Oct 15 2005, 04:39 PM
holden lovers are just jealous

173228

I often find myself feeling jealous of the &#39;losing&#39; team - there&#39;s no fun backing and barracking for the winning team any more :( "Why oh why can&#39;t those poofy ford drivers win Bathurst in their poofy falcoons for a change - it is sooo tough being a Holden supporter when Holden keeps winning Bathurst all the time... it must feel sooo good to be on the losing team" :rolleyes:

Disco Frank
15-10-2005, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by tigerleo62@Oct 15 2005, 05:56 PM
Yep, can&#39;t get much clearer than those pics - well maybe you could with a cheap camera phone :P

i said the pic shows clearly not the picturse are clear :) big differnce


I often find myself feeling jealous of the &#39;losing&#39; team - there&#39;s no fun backing and barracking for the winning team any more :( "Why oh why can&#39;t those poofy ford drivers win Bathurst in their poofy falcoons for a change - it is sooo tough being a Holden supporter when Holden keeps winning Bathurst all the time... it must feel sooo good to be on the losing team" :rolleyes:

173263


all holden supports are the same they only car about the 1 race they can win and then was just bad luck on lowndes part and murphy ruining marcus&#39;s chances.

was 1 race a big race ant that
still ford will win the championship again might even be a ford 1,2,3 :)
and the falcon BA is still the best car on the market as voted by wheels magazine 2 yrs running and the ford terrotory this year :)

Monty
16-10-2005, 12:24 AM
well done ford boy start the shots 1-2 frames after ambrose hit murphy did u miss that one go back to that and have another look just prior to that.

Stu
16-10-2005, 12:41 AM
Ambrose: 1486 points
Murphy: 1008 points

...it&#39;s just sad Murphy has to rely on dirty tactics to try and catch up.

I loathe Commodores.

Stu

Gordo
16-10-2005, 07:27 AM
WHO CARES :rolleyes: :rolleyes:






















I think watching Volvos would be more interesting..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

FJ Steve
16-10-2005, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Gordo@Oct 16 2005, 07:27 AM
WHO CARES :rolleyes: :rolleyes:


^^^WHS^^^

Disco Frank
16-10-2005, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by kshzx9+Oct 16 2005, 12:24 AM-->
well done ford boy start the shots 1-2 frames after ambrose hit murphy did u miss that one go back to that and have another look just prior to that.

173332
[/b]

you make no sense....

<!--QuoteBegin-Stu
Ambrose: 1486 points
Murphy: 1008 points

...it&#39;s just sad Murphy has to rely on dirty tactics to try and catch up.

I loathe Commodores.

this is more the truth here :)

dr00
16-10-2005, 11:21 AM
i think the pictures illustrate my point quite well. murphy held the tightest line he could to still make the corner and ambrose tried to cut across to the apex. you cant do that when a car is in the way. murph ended up pointing straight coz when contact is made he had to correct to keep his car off the wall. racing incident.

haha yeah its just one race who cares. its only bathurst :rolleyes:

what the soccer mums and jones&#39; down the street with 2.3 kids like in a car is not what i like in a car.

Foofie Foofie
16-10-2005, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Gordo@Oct 16 2005, 07:27 AM
WHO CARES :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I think watching Volvos would be more interesting..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

173349


Whats a V8 Supercar ? ...... you mean a Koenigsegg ???

Gordo
16-10-2005, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by saf@Oct 16 2005, 06:17 PM
Whats a V8 Supercar ? ...... you mean a Koenigsegg ???

173484


Now that is a V8 :lol:

I&#39;ll watch any motorsport as long as the engines don&#39;t have "PUSH RODS" :lol: :lol: :lol:

And I take back my comment regarding Volvo&#39;s, They are light years ahead in the technology steaks than Ford and Holden..... :)

Disco Frank
16-10-2005, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by saf@Oct 16 2005, 06:17 PM
Whats a V8 Supercar ? ...... you mean a Koenigsegg ???

173484



ok saf that IS a damn nice V8


gordo nothign wrong with pushrods :)

Monty
16-10-2005, 09:49 PM
Frank the exit prior to the corner of the accident that you show there, the main prang, Ambrose hit murphy in the front right with his front left, where ambrose failed to give racing room stop bitchin ya lost ford boy:)...again.

Foofie Foofie
16-10-2005, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Disco Frank@Oct 16 2005, 09:42 PM
ok saf that IS a damn nice V8
gordo nothign wrong with pushrods :)

173567


Frank, No shit it is a nice car eh :) .... lmao ! , i want one.

I also want a Saleen S7 twin turbo ... 750hp of pure balls.

And i too agree, nothing wrong with pushrods. They have one advantage that the rockers can use offset ratio&#39;s making the job rather easy, roller cams to boot ... mmm . To say pushrod 8&#39;s dont rev is a fallacy, i mean not too many DOHC 8L engines rev to 10k either.

resist
17-10-2005, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by kshzx9@Oct 16 2005, 09:49 PM
Frank the exit prior to the corner of the accident that you show there, the main prang, Ambrose hit murphy in the front right with his front left, where ambrose failed to give racing room stop bitchin ya lost ford boy:)...again.

173568



Nope. Murphy collected Ambrose at the exit of turn 2 after running wide and struggling to keep the car off the wall.

Nice try though.

Gordo
17-10-2005, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by saf@Oct 16 2005, 09:52 PM
To say pushrod 8&#39;s dont rev is a fallacy, i mean not too many DOHC 8L engines rev to 10k either.

173570



Good point, :rolleyes: perhaps the F1 teams might wanna adopt that technology next year ......hahahaha

dr00
17-10-2005, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by saf@Oct 16 2005, 06:17 PM
Whats a V8 Supercar ? ...... you mean a Koenigsegg ???

173484


yes im sure if they called it V8 Familycars they would get HEAPS of viewers... its all about marketing :P plus who cares, its about close competition not the fastest most powerful awesomest cars in the world.

resist
17-10-2005, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Gordo@Oct 17 2005, 08:31 AM
Good point, :rolleyes: perhaps the F1 teams might wanna adopt that technology next year ......hahahaha

173643


This argument could be extended thus... "oh man.. .who would watch local clubman races when they are just bikes you could buy down the road... motogp is the only bike racing worth watching"

Having been to Barbagallo to watch bike racing, I reckon racing is racing, no matter if its the fastest, most testicularlogically advanced thing or not.

:P

Gordo
17-10-2005, 09:38 AM
yes Jacob your correct watching small 100cc two stroke karts racing can be better than most F1 or V8 races.....
But this is suposed to be the pinnacle of the sport, Large family sedan trundling round a track is well.........BORING unless there is lots of biff and barging but avesco have completly sterilised the sport.....

Bring the old days where the 2litre 4 cyclinders ( cars with technology ) would whoop the taxi&#39;s asses round the track......

resist
17-10-2005, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Gordo@Oct 17 2005, 09:38 AM
yes Jacob your correct watching small 100cc two stroke karts racing can be better than most F1 or V8 races.....
But this is suposed to be the pinnacle of the sport, Large family sedan trundling round a track is well.........BORING unless there is lots of biff and barging but avesco have completly sterilised the sport.....

Bring the old days where the 2litre 4 cyclinders ( cars with technology ) would whoop the taxi&#39;s asses round the track......

173666


Except in 1991 :D.

Oh yeah, and in the days of the "Super Tourers" where the BMW&#39;s and Audi were a good 15 seconds slower round the mountain than the Supercars of the day.

Gordo
17-10-2005, 09:51 AM
yes but put a super tourer ( this years ) round there and I have no doubt the V8 would be struggling....there antiquated, heavy and should only be used as taxis and to hide stupid policemen in..... :lol:

resist
17-10-2005, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Gordo@Oct 17 2005, 09:51 AM
yes but put a super tourer ( this years ) round there and I have no doubt the V8 would be struggling....there antiquated, heavy and should only be used as taxis and to hide stupid policemen in..... :lol:

173671


The V8&#39;s 8 or 10 years ago were faster than the Audi&#39;s and the BMW&#39;s etc than. They would still be faster now.

Gordo
17-10-2005, 10:21 AM
I would doubt that very much, anyway wasn&#39;t that why they banned them ??

resist
17-10-2005, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Gordo@Oct 17 2005, 10:21 AM
I would doubt that very much, anyway wasn&#39;t that why they banned them ??

173675


No. they were in a seperate series. Remember?

And the series folded because they were crap and noone watched them.

Gordo
17-10-2005, 10:32 AM
No I don&#39;t remember, I wasn&#39;t here then......I was watching the finest racing in Europe :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah the British Superbikes,British Kart Championships,BTTC,DTM, Sports Cars ect ect,the memories.....
You can say what you like about the rest of the world but only the ozzies know how to pick a unique formula that no other country would be interested in....well maybe the yanks too :lol: :lol:

AFL,V8&#39;s ,sprint cars, :lol:

Anyway I could sit here all day, but I won&#39;t cause I&#39;ve got the day off and I&#39;m off for a ride :lol:

Bulbous
17-10-2005, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Gordo@Oct 17 2005, 10:32 AM
No I don&#39;t remember, I wasn&#39;t here then......I was watching the finest racing in Europe :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah the British Superbikes,British Kart Championships,BTTC,DTM, Sports Cars ect ect,the memories.....
You can say what you like about the rest of the world but only the ozzies know how to pick a unique formula that no other country would be interested in....well maybe the yanks too :lol: :lol:

AFL,V8&#39;s ,sprint cars, :lol:

Anyway I could sit here all day, but I won&#39;t cause I&#39;ve got the day off and I&#39;m off for a ride :lol:

173681


:lol: :lol: :lol:

Disco Frank
17-10-2005, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by resist1@Oct 17 2005, 08:02 AM
Nope. Murphy collected Ambrose at the exit of turn 2 after running wide and struggling to keep the car off the wall.

Nice try though.

173634



thanks for the support :)


also the V8&#39;s are stupidly undertyred it aint funny 600+hp trying to go through 255 wide tyres i think and RWD

give me some bigger tyres and a wee bit more areo and i am sure they could lap bathurst in under 2mins....


ohh watched the A1 last nite to me it was boring as...

Monty
17-10-2005, 04:33 PM
struggled to keep it off the wall he held his racing line, slow the vid u got down Frank at 1min 20sec thru to 1.24 he holds his line ambrose going too quick and hit murphy who was on his line against the wall and was also just infront of ambrose until he was hit. Ambrose pushing to hard caused first contact but murphys total cleaning up of ambrose is a mystery i will say broken brake line couldnt slow down caused by prior impact, Cos still murphs car was hardly damaged looking at it so why did he not continue on must be some underlying damage like brakes to have caused it.

Foofie Foofie
17-10-2005, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Gordo@Oct 17 2005, 08:31 AM
Good point, :rolleyes: perhaps the F1 teams might wanna adopt that technology next year ......hahahaha

173643


Gordo Gordo Gordo ... hahaha , IF you were serious, id mention how easy it is to make 4000+ hp from a good ol redneck pushrod motor, and scoot 4 seconds across 400m , but i KNOW your taking the piss, so i shall not bother with a reply ! :lol:

Haha, no, horses for courses as you know. F1 cars have a single ring allmost skirtless piston, with a pneumatic valve spring setup, but that doesnt mean its good for my Supra or Hilux. I just love when turbo 4 cyl people who know 2/8ths of 5/16th&#39;s of fu_k all , snap a rubber timing belt on a DOHC engine thats of interference design ... LMAO , at such times they WISH they had pushrods.

DR00, Why cant they ? . I mean its false advertising sint it ? . Its kinda like Holden making the new Astra a limited edition "JGTC LM Model" ..... it just dont make sence :) . Hey i saw roaches race once in Malaysia in a bar, we even placed bets on em, and while it was close its just not my thing. They are so so expensive for what you get. It also shits me that its the &#39;pinnacle&#39; of autosports that CAMS looks for in Aus. Its like calling the AUS Superbike championship a real race, but you can only race a Honda or Suzuki.

:rolleyes:

Foofie Foofie
17-10-2005, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Gordo@Oct 17 2005, 09:38 AM
Bring the old days where the 2litre 4 cyclinders ( cars with technology ) would whoop the taxi&#39;s asses round the track......

173666


Cant do that Gordo, thats not fair. Remeber words like RX7 ? .... GT-R ? LMAO , Holden crowd "but its only a 2.6L hahahaha, get a life" .. ya.

Aus supercar (or what you wanna call it) racing is not meant to be a even playing field where people slug it out to see who rules. You can pick one, or the other, and if you dont like it, piss off. Thats the basic attitude.

Jacob, If you wanna have HRT prepped Commo&#39;s , its only fair to throw in M3 GTR Beemers, and let me tell you what would happen. Something about bringing a knife to a gunfight. Then again "Remember the Monaro won Bathurst !!! ?????" ahh yes, how could we forget, the 429id Big block with Corvette braking and suspension setups, vs the GT3 Porkas that wernt allowed to run the aftermarket driveshafts (mind you most of the fastest Porkas retired with broken DS&#39;s) that mind you were sorted 2 years prior in Porsche Supercup. No thats not OEM, oh sorry ? . How many 429cid BB&#39;s could one buy back a few years ago from a Holden showroom? . None. Ironic .

Im with Gordo on this one, its sad cause Aus has a very long history for a country so torn away from the real world of racing, for producing champions, be it bikes or cars. For the governing body to solidify the pinnacle of racing in such bullshit as we have it, stumps the growth of our racers, i mean look at Lownes and Skaife, but Aus champs , both &#39;legends&#39; in Aus, yet got booted out of Euro quicker than you can say imalooserandimissmymumanddadnottomentionmyholdenca useiknowicanwininaus!

I watch world GT racing now here on Eurosport, and the new Japanese format formely known as JGTC , and its amazing to see a Seat Leon giving a BMW GTR a hard time, or a McLaren wedged between a Toyota Supra and a Nissan 350Z GT500 car.

tigerleo
17-10-2005, 08:00 PM
With all this talk of what Bathurst used to be and how different classes of cars could carve up supposedly more &#39;powerful&#39; classes etc we can&#39;t lose sight of the fact that &#39;V8 Supercars&#39; is a business:

Sure, its nice to see different class cars carve each other up and it&#39;s nice to see a overly modded thumping V8 eat other cars alive on the straights, but to run it as a business costs need to be kept down and the product needs to be different/unique.

Limiting the &#39;Supercars&#39; to Aus &#39;production&#39; models keeps it a unique product - no other country has the &#39;V8 Supercars&#39; and the product is proving to be quite popular in Asia and has been hugely popular in NZ for some years (not that NZ&#39;s population counts for much on a world wide scale, but they are extremely passionate about their sport).

To keep the costs down the cars use some common parts and are design limited to keep speeds/power down to again reduce maintenance costs.

This also (surprisingly) keeps the racing more &#39;interesting&#39; by making the vehicles very similar performance wise to each other. Similar performing cars will have closer races and the difference then being the driver rather than the technology. This is what people (apparently) want to see - close races where the skill of the driver determines the outcome - I think they call it &#39;racing&#39;, albeit in a controlled form.

So, knock the V8 Supercars as much as you want but remember it is an Australian product that is trying to establish itself in a world with far greater history in motor racing than ourselves - surely not an easy task to achieve in a world wide market and it would seem even harder in Aus after reading some of the posts here. Perhaps rather than knocking the product due to it being uniquely Australian people get behind it as it is Australian!

Anyhow, just my 0.0985 Lesotho Loti :rolleyes:

Bulbous
17-10-2005, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by tigerleo62@Oct 17 2005, 08:00 PM
So, knock the V8 Supercars as much as you want but remember it is an Australian product that is trying to establish itself in a world with far greater history in motor racing than ourselves - surely not an easy task to achieve in a world wide market and it would seem even harder in Aus after reading some of the posts here. Perhaps rather than knocking the product due to it being uniquely Australian people get behind it as it is Australian!

Anyhow, just my 0.0985 Lesotho Loti :rolleyes:

173981


just wondering if that is the case of it being for aussie production models only, why the two manufacturers (holden and ford) chose to not allow the inclusion of either mitsubishi or toyota when both manufacturers mentioned they would like to produce locally built V8&#39;s to compete in the series? i am leaning towards the fact that the competition is better for them if they are the only two competitors.....

don&#39;t mind a race series based on aussie production vehicles, but to claim it is the pinnacle of racing, blah, blah, blah..... and then to choose their own competition is a bit crap.... worried they might have to make more of an effort?

tigerleo
17-10-2005, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Bulbous@Oct 17 2005, 08:57 PM
why the two manufacturers (holden and ford) chose to not allow the inclusion of either mitsubishi or toyota when both manufacturers mentioned they would like to produce locally built V8&#39;s to compete in the series?
174029

Yeah, a fair bit of snobbery going on there (OK a LOT of snobbery) - interesting when Mitsubishi is mentioned that &#39;no one&#39; wants to talk about it! But I guess that is also fair enough - why talk about the &#39;what ifs&#39; when they have their hands full with the &#39;here and now&#39;. The teams have been going through all kinds of changes over the past couple of years with more to come next season as the business is rationalised. Personally I would like to see Mitsubishi involved with an Aus designed V8 - if they do release a V8 production sedan then I guess V8 Supercars would have to sit up and take notice or start calling it Holden & Ford V8 Supercars... ;)

dr00
18-10-2005, 11:09 AM
if i had a financial interest in v8 supercars i would be very reluctant to let other manufacturers into the series. its churning out heaps of money so if it aint broke...

Foofie Foofie
18-10-2005, 06:26 PM
Hey i wish i could ban each buisness who does IC&#39;s, fuel systems, chassis components, ex-manifolds and import fabrication for Jap cars too .... but i cant, in the end i have to try and make a product that is better than the competition. Its called evolution - my point exactly at the start of the thread.

Monty
18-10-2005, 06:34 PM
its the age old Holden V Ford that what so many yobbo aussie like, i do i love it, the Bathrust 24 hour has all makes involved but the massive Holden 249 won that the last 2 years. They do have all the other classes of street car racing series with all make and models allowed but the market doesnt seem to be there have to watch the late night Tv for that. The best competition for drivers is definatly Hq Holdens and saloon racing the VN V&#39;s EA tight car restrictions easy to be competitive.

dr00
18-10-2005, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by saf@Oct 18 2005, 06:26 PM
Hey i wish i could ban each buisness who does IC&#39;s, fuel systems, chassis components, ex-manifolds and import fabrication for Jap cars too .... but i cant, in the end i have to try and make a product that is better than the competition. Its called evolution - my point exactly at the start of the thread.

174428


banning other businesses would be controlling the market not the product. their product is holden v ford and its a product that sells hugely well. the dollar reigns supreme and thats why it wont change until thats what the buyers want...

Foofie Foofie
18-10-2005, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by dr00@Oct 18 2005, 06:58 PM
banning other businesses would be controlling the market not the product. their product is holden v ford and its a product that sells hugely well. the dollar reigns supreme and thats why it wont change until thats what the buyers want...

174444



LOL ok DR00, If you say so mate.

resist
19-10-2005, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by saf@Oct 17 2005, 06:50 PM
Jacob, If you wanna have HRT prepped Commo&#39;s , its only fair to throw in M3 GTR Beemers, and let me tell you what would happen. Something about bringing a knife to a gunfight.

173935


In the mid to late 90&#39;s. there was an Australian Supertouring Car Championship. It involved, strangely enough, BMW M3 prepped Beemers, Audi&#39;s prepped by Audi sport, etc etc.

and they were SLOWER than the v8&#39;s of the time.

dont get me wrong, I would not buy a commodore or a falcon, but the fact of the matter is that the technology of the 4&#39;s was slower, despite peoples predictions.

Foofie Foofie
19-10-2005, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by resist1@Oct 19 2005, 08:07 AM
In the mid to late 90&#39;s. there was an Australian Supertouring Car Championship. It involved, strangely enough, BMW M3 prepped Beemers, Audi&#39;s prepped by Audi sport, etc etc.

and they were SLOWER than the v8&#39;s of the time.

dont get me wrong, I would not buy a commodore or a falcon, but the fact of the matter is that the technology of the 4&#39;s was slower, despite peoples predictions.

174629


Fact is a powerful word , especially when you have restrictions and regulations. Technology in 4&#39;s has never been slower, its just that its not/wasnt a even playing field and never will be in Aus (especially when you mention words like Wankel, Cosworth and Godzilla, they ruined it well and truely).

Dont forget that Audi and BMW were making in those days and earlier in the 80&#39;s both 1000hp race cars when need be , both in rally and hill climb like pikes peak . From my memory we have never had the real deal , when it comes to Euro prepped factory Beemers and Audis , and if it also comes down to some local monkey prepping a M3, of course its not going to haul ass, add in a second rate driver and there isnt much to look forward to.

Davo
25-10-2005, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by saf@Oct 16 2005, 09:52 PM
I also want a Saleen S7 twin turbo ... 750hp of pure balls.

173570


The worlds most expensive and fastest car clicky (http://finance.news.com.au/story/0,10166,17028026-462,00.html) B)