PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Gauge 2007 Hyosung Aquila Gv250

TomL
22-09-2011, 11:55 PM
G'day Motorcycle Gurus,

I've been looking through the "how to's" and I'm still yet to find a solution to my little issue.

It appears the fuel gauge on my motorcycle (2007 Hyosung Aquila GV250) is stuck on "full". It's not really a big issue, because I make sure I fill up every 200-250km, but as some-what of a perfectionist, it's annoying me.

Now, I'm aware it could be one of three things,
1. The gauge itself (This seems likely, seeing as it sticks on 'full' when the ignition is off)
2. The wiring.
3. The sender.

I'm mainly after some advice on how to repair/check these things, I've been all over google and found nothing helpful, yet... Maybe one of you have had the same issue and may have some helpful advice for me?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, people!
- Tom

kenty
23-09-2011, 08:24 AM
silly point but have you tried gently tapping it ?

kenty
23-09-2011, 08:28 AM
also does your bike use a float, or is it electronics?

CanAm
23-09-2011, 04:29 PM
Try having a look on korider.com and see if anyone there has had the same problem??

Rich...
23-09-2011, 04:53 PM
If you can disconnect the wiring near the gauge you could then check continuity and resistance of the wiring and level mechanism with an empty and full tank...

This will let you know if you have a jammed level mechanism as the resistance should change from empty to full...

If that checks out then you can assume it's the guage and go from there...

TomL
25-09-2011, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I have a day off tomorrow and will be performing a full maintainence (including the fuel gauge). Will let you know how it turns out.
Cheeerrrrssssss

TomL
28-09-2011, 01:51 AM
Ended up taking the gauge apart, and unsticking the needle. Just a little of WD40, and the problems solved.
Cheers, guys

wolfrider
15-06-2012, 10:27 AM
I've only owned my GV250 for a couple of months and thought I had a problem gauge (always on full) but after reading some threads found that that gauge needle does not come down until you're almost ready for reserve. It does work - but in that cockeyed way. Go figure... But, then it seems you've fixed yours with WD40 - good show!

rebelmanz
23-03-2014, 11:38 PM
Ended up taking the gauge apart, and unsticking the needle. Just a little of WD40, and the problems solved.
Cheers, guys

Hi Mate,

Can you please provide me with the steps on removing the fuel gauge if you could still remember? I am having the same issue.

Thanks.