PDA

View Full Version : Taxi complaint

Petro(v)
05-12-2011, 02:06 PM
As the Name and Shame thread has been taken down, I need somewhere to vent.

Find attached an email I sent to Swan Taxis regarding one of ther c*ck head drivers...

Rat750
05-12-2011, 02:12 PM
So do you expect a positive result by swearing, resorting to pesonal insults and threating damage to the vehicle?

Petro(v)
05-12-2011, 02:16 PM
I considered that when typing it, and I didn't think that the driver would be questioned at all, so I went with the swearing.

Nevertheless, I did get a response, which I think is a bit of a copy and paste.. but this is what it was:

Dear Mr XXXX

We acknowledge receipt of your email and wish to advise that, whilst we do not have the legal capacity to act on traffic related incidents, including breaches of the Road Traffic Code, the driver concerned will be required to appear before our Disciplinary Tribunal regarding his conduct. Outcomes of this action can include a substantial fine or possible suspension or termination from Swan Taxis network.

Should you wish to pursue the traffic incident, may we suggest that you contact the WA Police Service, telephone 131 444.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Yours faithfully

Seb
05-12-2011, 02:17 PM
Was thinking the same thing. All well and good to lodge a complaint, but be mature and refrain from insult and swearing. You were fine for the first few sentences, but after that I lost interest coz of the swearing and insults/threats. I'm pretty sure anyone who gets that email at Swan will more than likely delete it. I know I would.

Rich...
05-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Build a bridge...

Petro(v)
05-12-2011, 02:29 PM
Can you build it for me?

Rich...
05-12-2011, 02:38 PM
No...

Your choice. You can cry and whinge as much as you like...

It won't make any difference...

Hence getting over it and dealing with you own issues is the best option...

Barfridge
05-12-2011, 02:40 PM
Worst complaint letter ever.

Keep in mind you are writing to a company, and are relying on them to want to maintain their reputation. You've destroyed yours by the tone of the letter, they have to do nothing to resolve the situation.

Rich...
05-12-2011, 02:42 PM
I can't wait till Phildo sees this thread...

Kristy
05-12-2011, 02:44 PM
Jeebus, you expect that to be taken seriously when you resort to insults and wishing harm on someone? Is your intent therefore any better than the taxi driver's? Maybe you should have stroked your carbon fibre knuckles ;)
I'm sure car driver's see us doing much of the same shit you've just described that the taxi driver was doing. When a car comes alongside me (road positioning usually dictates that they can't though), while I might be surprised, I don't get pissy - in their eyes, it's no different to us doing it.

browncow
05-12-2011, 02:46 PM
Yeah I wouldn't say Phil is grossly overweight. Sure a little rounded, but grossly?

Uncalled for.

Besides, he's really not that bad, even if he did cockblock me on Saturday night...

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk

Petro(v)
05-12-2011, 02:49 PM
I don't know how to put this in any more clearly.

I felt like venting, so I did, to the said company, in a way that portrayed clearly what happened and how I felt.

Assessing the situation, I realised it would be very hard to prove anything that I said, and that the taxi driver would face any action, so I included colourful words.

As I stated in my email, whether the guy is hit with disciplinary action or not, well I don't care (therefore my bridge has been built).

No idea who Phildo is..? Anyway.

Petro(v)
05-12-2011, 02:52 PM
Jeebus, you expect that to be taken seriously when you resort to insults and wishing harm on someone?

No. In fact, I didn't think I was going to be taken seriously even without insults and harm. Therefore these two characterstics were included. :)

Hooligan
05-12-2011, 02:56 PM
After being passed approaching the lights and knowing he was driving aggressively and wanting to get ahead of you I would of just stayed behind him and let him go, especially if I had my wife on the back. You had the choice to diffuse the situation regardless of who's fault it was.

Petro(v)
05-12-2011, 03:08 PM
Hooligan - you're spot on there mate.

Brougham
05-12-2011, 03:11 PM
geez, this is PSB. logic and common sense don't belong here.
only unadulerated and unreasonable rage and misguided anger should be here.

Kristy
05-12-2011, 03:15 PM
No. In fact, I didn't think I was going to be taken seriously even without insults and harm. Therefore these two characterstics were included. :)

Right, so you didn't really care about the outcome of this? Because if you did you would have managed to express your viewpoint devoid of threats of harm to the person you allege just did exactly the same to you. There is more chance it might be viewed more favourably if it was devoid of slander and retaliatory threats of harm. That's not to say however that the issue won't be addresed by the taxi comany, I just think you'd have more chance of the attaining the outcome you appear to seek by having had a more objective stance. The pillion was not a contributor to this event from what we know (although apparently affected by it), so take the pillion out of the picture, and say you were riding by yourself, we can infer this guys car would have been damaged by you. Yeah, I'd take that real cereal.

emrys74
05-12-2011, 03:29 PM
man emails are a waste of time just get him at the next lights slash his tyres then stab him in one eye so he can still see you give him the finger as you and the missus ride off.

or do what Hooligan said and write an email explaining that the driver of cab number what ever has acted poorly and requires some retraining as they have a responsibility as an employer to provide drivers that are competent and you believe him/ or her to not be and would like them to follow up by informing you of the outcome of the retraining.

mekon
05-12-2011, 04:08 PM
I think you meant 'discourage' at the end of your email. Written from a point of anger. Should have cooled off and written something witty. I wonder if what you have written and is obviously fully audit-able constitutes a threat to cause harm or kill? Probably not wise to write like that, best if you feel the need, cut letters out of magazines and papers, wear latex gloves and glue letters and post to the person. Don't lick the stamp. Burn the cut up papers and destroy the gloves with bleach.

ReCon
05-12-2011, 04:32 PM
geez, this is PSB. logic and common sense don't belong here.
only unadulerated and unreasonable rage and misguided anger should be here.

Thank God -finally some decent guidelines that we can refer to!

lee
05-12-2011, 04:42 PM
Without being there, and purely judging from your teenage response to the situation, and the fact you somehow repeatedly put yourself in harms way after acknowledging the threat, it sounds like you did some shit perth driver move that pissed him off in the first place, and he was just getting his own back.

I've been a complete fuckhead to people that cut me off, and then proceed to block my path. Lots of people would.

I give this thread and your survival skills a:
C-
Re-assess your riding habits, and work on your complaint letters. You could have made some sort of positive contribution to the safety of your two wheeled brothers here by getting him off the road (they have cameras in the taxi's you know), but instead you chose to be an immature twit about it.

Edit: I can also only assume by the microsoft outlook, that you sent that from your work email. Have you considered your employer may not take kindly to you cussing at a customer service entity who's very purpose is to assist you, from your employers domain name and brand?

Noizey
05-12-2011, 05:17 PM
every night i leave the city at 12.15 am. every once a week i see cabs like this do shit to me whilst i just want to get home and sleep. my options are always

1. get behind and let them speed off in front (most of the time they ride above the limit so its easy for them to get away and leave me be)
2. wrap the throttle on and get in front of them as fast as i can

i hardly take option 2, unless there is an absolute need for me to e.g. taxi slammed his brakes on in front of me to pull over or to turn off or to do whatever, or the passenger jumps out of the car at 60 km/h. sometimes i think its the passenger doing some crazy shit to the driver but not my concern.

live and learn mate. taxis and cagers in general aren't going to change their behaviour because of one nasty email.

Shady7/8
05-12-2011, 06:14 PM
Dude...

In future don't post it on PSB... they're all every single one of them a bunch of utter cockholsters - they know nothing of the real world.

You should have totally knifed his tires, and smashed in his window with you're awesomely armoured gloves and punched his lights out.

filbert
05-12-2011, 07:24 PM
Your parents let you send out this kind of tripe from their computer?

Or did they get you one of your own?

Hired_goon
05-12-2011, 08:58 PM
Hope your E-break wasn't too expensive to fix.:fool:

Shauno27
05-12-2011, 09:35 PM
Yeah let's burn some poor bastard that nearly got cleaned up by some arse clown in a taxi that probably didn't even have a license to drive or whatever. Good on you bandwagon junkies! What a happy family we are. Like to see what you guys would do in the same situation. Really.

filbert
05-12-2011, 09:42 PM
Yeah so many taxi drivers getting around without a license to drive, we should make it known to the taxi companies, they took our jobs rabble rabble rant.

Swearing is a totally acceptable means of punctuation and should be used as often as possible in correspondance to lift the standing of motorcyclists in the public arena.

mekon
05-12-2011, 09:43 PM
He didn't exactly get away from the guy. Let the jerkoff get in front and go if you're that worried don't get in front and wait for the same shit to happen.

Desmo
05-12-2011, 09:47 PM
Like to see what you guys would do in the same situation. Really.

I would put myself out of harm's way and if I felt suitably aggrieved, I would report it to the appropriate taxi company and authorities.
What I would not do however is write a letter that cast myself or my fellow riders as inarticulate, illiterate and uneducated knuckle draggers.

Kristy
05-12-2011, 10:02 PM
Yeah let's burn some poor bastard that nearly got cleaned up by some arse clown in a taxi that probably didn't even have a license to drive or whatever. Good on you bandwagon junkies! What a happy family we are. Like to see what you guys would do in the same situation. Really.

I think the issue is the way in which he communicated his thoughts on the matter, and what he could have/should have/would have done - the latter of which is irrelevant, and brings the character of the OP into question. Surely the complaint should be raised and that the OP would like this to be acted upon through the appropriate means /end correspondence.

Yes, the OP may well have been still pent up over the incident when he sent the email, but it from the date stamp on the email, it looked like the incident and the email occurred about 40 hours apart?

Desmo
05-12-2011, 10:05 PM
it looked like the incident and the email occurred about 40 hours apart?

And it took him that long to come up with those awesome quips.

Phildo
06-12-2011, 03:33 AM
the driver concerned will be required to appear before our Disciplinary Tribunal regarding his conduct. Outcomes of this action can include a substantial fine or possible suspension or termination from Swan Taxis network.
In English: that's potentially a pretty damn huge pineapple. Damn shame that you had to stuff it all up by carrying on in such a stupid way. A tactful explanation of the situation would have gotten the driver a bigger pineapple.

I can't wait till Phildo sees this thread...
I know a shitload about this stuff these days... and will call a spade a spade... and will supply plenty of advice and ammo to get a bad driver busted. But, not when someone wants to conduct themselves with the same maturity as the person that they are accusing.

No idea who Phildo is..? Anyway.

Phildo is the guy that knows all about this stuff. Phildo is the guy that knows the names and phone numbers of the people that would speak to about this. Phildo is the guy that knows how to cause that driver a shitload of grief. Phildo is the guy that isn't going to waste a whole lot of time on this one.

No. In fact, I didn't think I was going to be taken seriously even without insults and harm. Therefore these two characteristics were included.
And the PSB award for Fail of the Year goes to…

Ok, time for a rude joke. Possibly very offensive. But, it makes a point.

Q: What’s the difference between rape and seduction?
A: Salesmanship!

You fail at salesmanship. Dismally. A well worded, tactful email would have gotten that driver in a heap of shit. Especially if you followed it up with a phone call or personal visit (involving the right person). There are ways of doing things that get results. But no, you chose to carry on like some thug instead. You’re not from Northern Ireland by any chance, are you?

On a personal note, enjoy your remaining teenage years.

Edit: Was that you on the blue Ninja 250 (http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/f15/anyone-missing-blue-2009-ninja-250-a-138909/)?

AndyS
06-12-2011, 06:08 AM
So let me just get this right.
The taxi driver was seriously tail gating the rider, so the rider split traffic to get ahead - sorry, but last time I read the posts around here, many riders split as a one-upmanship for drivers with attitude.
The taxi overtook the bike in the same lane - big no-no.
The rider put themselves back in harms way by playing one-upmanship - not wise
The rider wrote an email that had some nasty words in it, perhaps ill thought out and ineffective as a means of getting his point accross.

The taxi driver is driving a car with an easily identifiable vehicle number, and has an obvious dislike for riders (or at the very least this rider) - clearly the i'm bigger than you attitude prevails here.

PSB's response - your email used bad words, you have no experience (are too young), we could help - but we won't.

I wonder what the response would have been if this was posted up by someone with 'status' in the PSB community - granted then it would have been beautifully constructed, full of insightful witticisms and the email would have been so effective and well written to be considered prose.

Shady7/8
06-12-2011, 08:06 AM
psb's response - your email used bad words, you have no experience (are too young), we could help - but we won't.

whs

Desmo
06-12-2011, 08:12 AM
PSB's response - your email used bad words

It's nothing about the bad words, it's about the fact that the guy had 40 hours to formulate a decent email and ended up writing something that looks like it was penned by a 15 year old from Lesmurdie high.
It's also about the fact he repeatedly put himself in harms way to inflame the situation.

Speed Dealer
06-12-2011, 08:20 AM
Like to see what you guys would do in the same situation. Really.

I would have sent a formal and maturely worded complaint to Swan Taxis. As soon as he resorted to swearing and insults, I lost interest in the letter and could no longer take the complaint seriously. If I was the individual reading the letter, most likely a non motorcycle rider, based on NOTHING but the letter I would assume that the motorcyclist was a d*ck and probably riding dangerously in the first place.

PSB's response - your email used bad words, you have no experience (are too young), we could help - but we won't.

He put the letter up on the forum for us to pat him on the back. Didn't happen. Mainly because he wasted his time sending an email like that, and wasted our time by having us read that crap.

High schools teach students how to write formal letters (eg. job applications), so "I didn't know how to write a formal complaint letter" is a load of rubbish. Even if you didn't go to school, an internet search would have turned up 1000s of 'how to' articles.

Shady7/8
06-12-2011, 08:22 AM
Not everyone has had the benefit of a decent education Desmo. Not everyone finished school either. Some are a product of their work group as well.

Not very fair to expect every single person to be able to formulate a well worded/written letter. Further, by the responses people get when they do post up something like this, why would anyone ask for assistance from the PSB collective only to get torn down, with not even constructive criticism.

I have a huge beef with Australia's totally assfucked Taxi 'service' but I will ask ask Phildo for assistance because I know him and his background.
Does everyone know you work on a dive boat and can ask you for advice? Nope. Or even that you can give advice on old Duc's?

Desmo
06-12-2011, 08:29 AM
I totally appreciate where you are coming from, but as I alluded to in a previous post, the OP makes himself and those associated with him (by their choice of vehicle) look like a bunch of knuckle dragging morons.
I know for a fact that if the OP had posted a thread asking for advice on this situation then the outcome would have been a lot different.
Sure, he would probably have been derided (and rightly so) for putting himself in that situation, but I have no doubt had the question been asked, many people would have helped write a mature email.
Simply posting your story and an accompanying email that doesn't cast you in the best light isn't the way to go about things and is bound to draw the ire of those around you.

Speed Dealer
06-12-2011, 08:37 AM
Ok... he wanted advice. Here's some tips.

- If you're on your bike and you feel that a driver is posing an immediate threat to you, put your ego in check (especially if you have a pillion) and get out of harms way. Whether that's changing lanes, turning off down a side street or even pulling off to the side of the road. Do it. If you can't do that, either stop complaining or sell your bike.

- If you have a grievance with a driver and wish to send a complaint to their company, take some time to plan a maturely worded letter. Write a letter that looks like it's from an adult rather than a trolling teenager. I guarantee that complaint departments are more likely to take the side of a mild mannered motorcycle rider who has been severely traumatised by this incident, than a foul mouthed little punk.

Petro(v)
06-12-2011, 08:58 AM
The reason as to the 40 hour break was that I didn't have access to a computer in that time.

Some of you are trying to say that I write like a high school drop out and that I didn't follow the correct letter writing protocols. I didn't send a letter, I sent an email. Also, there was nothing wrong with my writing style, grammar and articulation of the situation. It was all to do me including swear words.

Some are also really butt hurt that now because I swore, this guy's pineapple will not be as big as if I didn't. Let me explain this again, I considered that no matter what I wrote - the size of his pineapple wasn't going to change. I may have gone wrong here, in considering it again, maybe it would of.

It was a venting experience - did it feel good? Yes. Why did I post it here? Because its a motorcycle forum. Did I know it was going to receive mostly negative feedback? Yes. Do I give a fuck? No.

What I don't get with people is their offence to "swear" words. It's a word, it cannot hurt you. I did not abuse the guy, I pointed out that fact that he was fat - you are allowed to do that, it's an observation.

I look forward to the plethora of responses taking the piss of out of me because I swore at this guy and that I called him fat so now I'm a bad person. Soon, its going to be illegal to call people who smoke "smokers" for fuck sake.

Anyway, by not providing constructive criticism and only contributing negative comments on this thread, you are therefore, as bad as me :)

Petro(v)
06-12-2011, 08:59 AM
Speed Dealer - yeah dude, I know what your saying.

I shouldn't have been in front of him and just let him pass. That was my mistake and I'll remember that in the future.

mekon
06-12-2011, 09:05 AM
I think the biggest problem i have is you had a pillion. I would have let the taxi go and not kept getting in front of him. Yes, the driver's a douchebag. Why would you keep putting yourself amongst it. Just hang back and let him go. You're not proving anything by accelerating away from him only to have him catch up again. Just putting yourself and pillion in harms way of a known risk. Seems retarded, then you write an email as eloquently as a gorilla with a fisher price 'my first' typewriter.

Think you made yourself a target for the responses you received. If I'd written it or someone of long standing. I'd expect to cop a bit of flack.

Jaw
06-12-2011, 09:11 AM
the guys in this thread have some wise and valid points imo. Did an advanced rider course back home, and one of the key learning points, basically, was that people are idiots on the roads. Once you drill that into your head and grow up a bit attitude wise on the road, you're much better off.. Yesterday had a taxi, like yourself, riding my rear wheel and swerving side to side to get past on hay street. The closer he got, the slower I went, in order to increase the stopping distance between me and the car in front. Eventually we got to a red light. I Could have sped off only to have him behind me later, could have flipped him the deuces, or could have pulled over to one side of the lane and let him get on with it. Chose option number three, and the story ended there... yeah, crap end to a story, but had a grief free safe trip home.

Yeah, you should have to make allowances like that for moronic drivers, but it's your safety at the end of the day..

Speed Dealer
06-12-2011, 09:26 AM
Around your mates, and on PSB say whatever you want, however you want. If you're going to write an email of complaint, do it properly because as a motorcycle rider you represent every other rider.

Aufitt
06-12-2011, 09:37 AM
Good job you eventually Ebraked, after all those kilometres of road rage.
please give up motorcycles and enter a demo derby at the speedway

chew
06-12-2011, 09:38 AM
Swear words are useless nowadays because they have lost all impact and I encourage my own offspring and the apprentices I have trained not to use them in place of other words. It tends to make those who overuse them appear a little thick and lacking the intelligence to use vocabulary as an effective tool to annoy those you wish to antagonise.

As for one email from a motorcyclist representing us all. You have got to be kidding. That means a complaint from a truck driver would represent all truck drivers?

Edit: Fuck

Shady7/8
06-12-2011, 09:38 AM
Around your mates, and on PSB say whatever you want, however you want. If you're going to write an email of complaint, do it properly because as a motorcycle rider you represent every other rider.

I thought we were all individuals, not wanting to be grouped, hence one of the main attractions...

Speed Dealer
06-12-2011, 10:25 AM
As for one email from a motorcyclist representing us all. You have got to be kidding.

Yes, in an ideal world but unfortunately we're all heaped into the same basket. ALL motorcyclists are hoons with a death wish. Is that true? No. Does it matter to the media whether that's true or not? No, but they're going to report it.

SoggyWombat
06-12-2011, 10:34 AM
You know what they say - "Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one"...and to be honest, PSB seems that full of them that if the world ever needed an enema, I imagine that this is where they would need to put the tube. Hypocritical critics who give nothing to the motorbike community other than there own self importance and inability to empathise with anyone outside the inner circle. Sad.

chew
06-12-2011, 10:37 AM
I thought he sent it to a Taxi company?

Long bow being drawn.

Oh I nearly forgot the "fuck" for added impact.

Desmo
06-12-2011, 10:38 AM
Hypocritical critics who give nothing to the motorbike community other than there own self importance and inability to empathise with anyone outside the inner circle. Sad.

Oh really?
Perhaps you should actually do some research before making blanket statements.
Just out of curiosity, who are you and what have you done for the "community" that allows you to cast judgement in such a bitter and vitriolic way?

Para045
06-12-2011, 11:20 AM
I would have sent a formal and maturely worded complaint to Swan Taxis. As soon as he resorted to swearing and insults, I lost interest in the letter and could no longer take the complaint seriously. If I was the individual reading the letter, most likely a non motorcycle rider, based on NOTHING but the letter I would assume that the motorcyclist was a d*ck and probably riding dangerously in the first place.

So when is you are joining WAPOL? That is the same sort of cop out bullshit that we get from them and other Govt Dept's and large corporations :mad: Irrespective of how eloquently a complaint is worded they usually do fuck all about it so I can understand the OP frustration :o

Yes, in an ideal world but unfortunately we're all heaped into the same basket. ALL motorcyclists are hoons with a death wish. Is that true? No. Does it matter to the media whether that's true or not? No, but they're going to report it.

So maybe a strongly worded letter emphasising his concern for his pillion will be taken seriously rather than being just another MC rider winging :rolleyes:

Had a situation yesterday in the car going south on Wanneroo Rd past HJ's Westminster with the missus and young son where this dozy bitch just cut across the front of the car from the centre lane into the RH lane without looking even though we were almost level with her, missus had to swerve to the right and hit the brakes hard to avoid a collision :mad: The missus took offence when I got out of the car at the next set of lights onto Main St and tapped on the dumb bitches window and tried to "politely ;)"educate her of the fact that she could have killed us and if it was a MC almost surely would have :o :huh: Yes I could have reported it in a nicely worded email or phone call, would anything be done, No fucking chance :mad:
Could the OP's email have been worded differently, maybe yes, would it be likely to get a better response, I very much doubt it going by what I've experienced with most large organisations and Govt Dept's :(

AndyS
06-12-2011, 11:29 AM
The shame is that the guy has been flamed for the content of his email, when he was never seeking approval for his email, just relaying an experience.
We all know, well I hope that we do, that in such situations getting away from the threat is better than taking it head on. But ultimately this is a post about a taxi driver who decided that he was within his rights to dangerously tail gate a rider and then over take him in his lane.
Not content with doing it once, he caught up with him and had a second go.

The fact that the guy used bad language in his email to the taxi board is not likely to get him the response he wanted, but given the situation, I'm hardly surprised by it.
More surprised by how many joined into the debate posting up as if he was in the wrong. Where if he'd been rear ended, there would of been calls for public execution of the same driver.

There are a few posts in this thread where people have articulated their opninion, for right or wrong. It's an opinion, and everyone is entitled to one. To the rest who merely made baaa-ing noises at the appropriate time.......

Desmo
06-12-2011, 11:34 AM
More surprised by how many joined into the debate posting up as if he was in the wrong

He was in the wrong; He had multiple opportunities to GTFO of the way yet chose to put his pillion at risk instead to prove a point.
Wrong.

SoggyWombat
06-12-2011, 11:44 AM
Oh really?
Perhaps you should actually do some research before making blanket statements.
Just out of curiosity, who are you and what have you done for the "community" that allows you to cast judgement in such a bitter and vitriolic way?

If being part of the "community" means belittling the efforts of fellow riders, then I have proudly done nothing.

Desmo
06-12-2011, 11:47 AM
Seriously, you say that there is an "inner circle" who have done "nothing for the community", I'm just curious where you get this idea from.
I also asked you what you have done for "the community" that allows you such a long legged horse, but you can't come back with anything at all?
If you are going to be making statements like that, perhaps you should have something to back it up with.

filbert
06-12-2011, 11:50 AM
just another case of the SADS :)

AndyS
06-12-2011, 11:58 AM
He was in the wrong; He had multiple opportunities to GTFO of the way yet chose to put his pillion at risk instead to prove a point.
Wrong.

I take it all back, all this time I had thought that many of the contributors to this thread were more concerned with the OP's use of language in his email, when all this time we were collectively just concerned for the welfare of his pillion.

I stand corrected

Aufitt
06-12-2011, 11:59 AM
Nobody will be a 'fellow rider' for long riding like an idiot like that.
The email was just proof of the wrong attitute to riding.

SoggyWombat
06-12-2011, 12:36 PM
Seriously, you say that there is an "inner circle" who have done "nothing for the community", I'm just curious where you get this idea from.
I also asked you what you have done for "the community" that allows you such a long legged horse, but you can't come back with anything at all?
If you are going to be making statements like that, perhaps you should have something to back it up with.

Desmo, I am entitled to an opinion, and furthermore, I am also entitled to acknowledge that an argument for the mere sake of it is a wasted venture best left alone.

Rich...
06-12-2011, 12:43 PM
Desmo, I am entitled to an opinion, and furthermore, I am also entitled to acknowledge that an argument for the mere sake of it is a wasted venture best left alone.
Desmo basically posted word for word in his first post what I was going to say...

I believe your opinion stinks...

So who are you and what have you done for the community...

Desmo
06-12-2011, 12:51 PM

Of course you are entitled to an opinion but making a blanket statement about some of my best friends when you have very little information to bring to the table makes your opinion worthless.
Your unwillingness to enter into a conversation to back up your assertions is not arguing for arguments sake, it's an inability to back up your claims.

filbert
06-12-2011, 12:56 PM
I love internet arguments I should totally make a sig about them........

Desmo
06-12-2011, 01:01 PM
Not arguing at all mate, just trying to get him/her to quantify their statements.

darkfibre
06-12-2011, 01:45 PM
If being part of the "community" means belittling the efforts of fellow riders, then I have proudly done nothing.

In :D

Speed Dealer
06-12-2011, 04:38 PM
So when is you are joining WAPOL? That is the same sort of cop out bullshit that we get from them and other Govt Dept's and large corporations :mad: Irrespective of how eloquently a complaint is worded they usually do fuck all about it so I can understand the OP frustration :o

So maybe a strongly worded letter emphasising his concern for his pillion will be taken seriously rather than being just another MC rider winging :rolleyes:

No sh*t Sherlock! You hit the nail on the head. If someone came into your workplace, started swearing at you and insulting your fellow workers would you listen to them, or tell them to GTFO?

A strongly worded letter can be written without resorting to swearing. Save it for your mates. From a business perspective a letter like that only emphasises the writers inability to communicate themselves effectively.

Just playing devils advocate.

SoggyWombat
06-12-2011, 06:54 PM
My initial post was inflammatory, yet I was merely making a point about an aspect of PSB that I stongly dislike. At no stage did I mention your "best friends" Desmo, nor did I cast dispersions about the entire PSB community. My involvement in the Perth motorcycling community is strong, and has included but not been limited to charity rides, sponsorship and deeds that all of us engage in to support the cause. My initial involvement like many others was with PSB, yet like many previous members I have spoken to, I drifted to another online forum as a result of an unwillingness of many to accept new people into the community. No doubt part of this is caused by the mere size of PSB, yet I also feel that a lot of it can be attributed to the nature of certain PSB members and the resulting culture that has developed. Is not the success of other online forums an indication of the failings of PSB, and does this indicate a problem that needs to be addressed? These are not for me to answer, yet I do know that after engaging in another online community that openly accepts everyone and their failings, my future involvment in this one declines. Somewhat regrettable as there are no doubt many PSB members who are a credit to its development. In respect to the forum and/or involvement in community rides, should there be a more positive culture I would have no doubt that many of the non-active members I have spoken to would return to the PSB community with open arms.

darkfibre
06-12-2011, 07:02 PM
My initial post was inflammatory, yet I was merely making a point about an aspect of PSB that I stongly dislike. At no stage did I mention your "best friends" Desmo, nor did I cast dispersions about the entire PSB community. My involvement in the Perth motorcycling community is strong, and has included but not been limited to charity rides, sponsorship and deeds that all of us engage in to support the cause. My initial involvement like many others was with PSB, yet like many previous members I have spoken to, I drifted to another online forum as a result of an unwillingness of many to accept new people into the community. No doubt part of this is caused by the mere size of PSB, yet I also feel that a lot of it can be attributed to the nature of certain PSB members and the resulting culture that has developed. Is not the success of other online forums an indication of the failings of PSB, and does this indicate a problem that needs to be addressed? These are not for me to answer, yet I do know that after engaging in another online community that openly accepts everyone and their failings, my future involvment in this one declines. Somewhat regrettable as there are no doubt many PSB members who are a credit to its development. In respect to the forum and/or involvement in community rides, should there be a more positive culture I would have no doubt that many of the non-active members I have spoken to would return to the PSB community with open arms.

The few people I know who don't like PSB, found it 'too much' and found alternatives.
There is no problem, there is just the fact not everyone likes the same things.

Speed Dealer
06-12-2011, 08:38 PM
I'm on another forum which is very tame, no trolling or flaming. Sure it's got good info but it can also be pretty boring. Guys on PSB can be a bunch of whiny bitches, but it's also entertaining as hell. The reason I now avoid starting threads on PSB is that the trolls come running lol. I'm ok with that.

Para045
06-12-2011, 08:53 PM
If someone came into your workplace, started swearing at you and insulting your fellow workers would you listen to them, or tell them to GTFO?

I would actually try and calm them down listen to what they had to say BEFORE making a judgement as I know some of my "fellow workers" (particularly middle management) are absolute fuckwits and I've felt like hitting a few in my time ;)
But then we are trained in conflict resolution and how to actually listen to what someone is saying before making a judgement :huh: