PDA

View Full Version : Another Rider Down 4-12

Chris
04-12-2003, 06:07 PM
Just heard that another bike has gone down. West Coast Hwy. :?

No details yet.

Pete
04-12-2003, 06:12 PM
fuck

Blade_954
04-12-2003, 06:13 PM
another roll-call..... :(

Deej
04-12-2003, 06:16 PM
:?

TRX
04-12-2003, 06:19 PM
*put up hand*

im here!!

:cry: do wh know if it's bad, or "just" an injury

Gordo
04-12-2003, 06:41 PM
here sir :lol:

SCOOTER
04-12-2003, 06:43 PM
What the fuck is going on with the accident toll?

Gonz1
04-12-2003, 07:31 PM
this is getting outa hand!
something needs to be done, we cant leave it up to the government to make graphic comercials and crap posters, as a biking comunity we need to do it ourselves! what i dont know, maybe a brain storm is in order!
stay safe boys and girls,
peace out!

Pete
04-12-2003, 07:52 PM
ok just road past where the accident happened. we need a roll call on all that have a blue late model zx6r or 9r ninja. this bike was still on its side about half an hour after the crash. no sign of any rider or any other drivers only police were still there. bike is really bad. only part that i reconize of the bike it the tail.

Anonymous
04-12-2003, 08:03 PM
Ironically there was an "awareness" ride on sunday just gone. I'm thinking a ride sometime in the new year ending at state parliament to address a few issues we all want addressed. I.E. Parking, Traffic lights, guard rails, more onus on driver awareness rather than the kneejerk reaction of blaming the bike etc.

300 or 400 people should do it.

djnitrous
04-12-2003, 09:05 PM
im here

Boxhead
04-12-2003, 09:13 PM
I'm here, not that I own a blue Kawasaki or anything but......

Isnt it ironic though, all these people that say bikes are more dangerous than cars and having 3 deaths in as many months, but then in 1 day there is 6 cage accidents in Perth and 3 people die.....IN 1 FUGGIN DAY!!!!!! and which is more dangerous.

It has been down graded to only 2 people deceased but hey.....

Gordo
04-12-2003, 09:59 PM
Grant/Ninja rides a bike similar but I just called him and he is home safe and well :lol:

Flakey
05-12-2003, 08:41 AM
My babys Green...

I'm still here...

gpx_gal
05-12-2003, 10:32 AM
Bandit250 and his ninja are safe :)

Gonz1
05-12-2003, 11:03 AM
i just rang the chicky that won the boots and jacket at the PE track day, shes got a blue zx6 and she aight!
talk about heart attack :shock:

FireStorm
05-12-2003, 11:04 AM
this is getting outa hand!
something needs to be done, we cant leave it up to the government to make graphic comercials and crap posters, as a biking comunity we need to do it ourselves! what i dont know, maybe a brain storm is in order!
stay safe boys and girls,
peace out!

a brainstorm with us lot would be like a rain drop in a coffee cup dude!

mastrmage
05-12-2003, 11:15 AM
Firestorm, yeah but once applied to us lot, it can be further advertised and distributed amongst others.

I cant fathom any ideas by myself on how to reduce the death toll of fellow bikers,, I think it's mainly in your attitude as has been said many a time, but if we got together over a coffee and scribbled a few things down and had a brainstorm we might actually come up with something? Who knows, it's worth a go, not like we dont hang around at scarborough all afternoon doing nothing with our time :)

Someone needs to invent a full body "airbag" like a big foam ball that bursts out of your helmet and envelopes the rider if anything should happen.. that would be cool hehe

Flakey
05-12-2003, 11:29 AM
I've seen an article on one of those (in a British mag?)...

Apparently it's really funny when ya wearing it, and one of ya mates goes past and pulls the cord... :wink:

TheonlyNinjabitches
05-12-2003, 11:42 AM
Grant/Ninja rides a bike similar but I just called him and he is home safe and well :lol:

thanks gordo for the call spun me out but im fine wasnt me just hadnt been online for a day or so

nice to see ppl worry about ppl on here keep it up

like a big happy family

Gonz1
05-12-2003, 12:21 PM
i think to find out whats happening we need some stats on who, how and why, without that we might be trying to fix something thats not broke,
is it better rider training/awareness needed?
driver/volvo driver training?
im NOT having a dig at anyone past or present so please dont take this personal but from where i sit it looks to me its not the young riders going down, its the ones who should know better, even myself, lucky enough to look back at my own crash still today wondering why i was spared, there were no volvos, it was a good place at a good time but i was just a dude who missjudged reality with a lack of comunication between his wrist and brain!
and to be honest i dont know if i learnt my lesson, sad isnt it :oops:

i guess realy its upto the individual, we dont need to pay more rego fees to help educate ourselves, we all know what the consiquences are for getting it wrong!
not wanting to quote my mum but it is silly season so just becareful and besafe.
peace out and stay upright :wink:

mastrmage
05-12-2003, 01:34 PM
Indeed, I have a similar mindset Gonz.

I've come close to coming off a couple of times and I dont think I've changed my attitude.. scarey stuff. That's part of the reason why I have taken my bike out only 3 times in the last 3 weeks, opposed to almost every day like I did a short while back.

I find I cant control myself, adrenaline is a drug, I -need- it when I get on the bike and unfortunately staying "sane" on the machine just doesn't do it for me

Flakey
05-12-2003, 01:38 PM
I was taught that the most important part to being safe on ya bike is using ya head...

Time and a place for everything...

If it means not riding, cause you know you'll do sumfink stupid, then all the better...

Anonymous
06-12-2003, 01:39 AM
Well put Flakey. A simple philosophy and one that can't be more pertinent.

Seriously guys and girls; Most of us most of the time are pretty safe and aware in our riding. We know the risks and we know what can contribute to accidents. If we speed, stunt or split in moving traffic we increase the chances of becoming a hood ornament or roadkill. Most of the time we won't do it, sometimes we will. Of those sometimes, there may be a chance we pay the price.

Poor impulse control is a bitch that'll drastically reduce your life expectancy. If you get that urge to push it past your limits for the thrill; Take a moment, chillout, collect your thoughts, rub one out, clean your hands and wipe your shoes, then get back to it with a clear head. or take a snooze. Probably won't gone down well in peak hour traffic, better have a quick one off the wrist before leaving home or work in that case.

It's up to us individually to save ourselves on the road up to a point.
Of course, it's often out of our hands when a cage driver marks us for death with their inattention. Short of suspecting everyone on the road of being completely unhinged (my policy) and treating them as such, there's little we can do to prevent these things. Just try and make sure it's not any of us girls and boys that make up the next statistics.

Well, except for maybe Morgz :D (JK) Couldn't resist.

FraG
06-12-2003, 03:07 PM
Well I think everyone summed it up. In a large percentage of cases the rider contributes much of the fault for the accident. In the other cases its the driver failing to see the bike, BUT HOW much of that attributes to the rider and his/her position on the road? speed? reaction?

We ALL know why we ride, we all know how addictive it is, we all know how much fun you can have.. and sadly we all know what happens when you go C*nt up, and unfortunately the fun is often ofset by the danger but If you are here its obvious you are prepared for that..

IF you don't know what happens TAKE A friggin walk through shenton park spinal injury ward.. SHIT I think this should be mandatory for anyone who rides a bike, sadly I visited a friend there who lost the use of an arm, but compared to others he was the luckiest man in the world.
To this day I still see images of the poor guys/girls there :(

Besides ensuring that we wear ALL the protective gear we can at all times (I still see 1/3 of riders in shorts and shirt with no gloves!!!! Like WTF!) and trying to pre-empt driver stupidity its really about us exercising control, and being a proficient rider... Do as many rider training courses as you can, trackdays etc etc.

Shit none (i hope) of us bought bikes to look cool? We all love to ride the living shit out of our bikes at every opportunity, but it always comes to time and place.

Basically I still think there are 4 type of riders..

Posers
Temporary Australians
Those who haven't crashed
Those who have crashed

I'd argue the ones that have crashed and were lucky enough to walk away usually come away with a VERY important lesson that is VERY VERY hard to learn otherwise.. WE ARE NOT INVINCIBLE.. And well with that in mind you are forced to take a step back and see things in a different light.

// END OF RANT!
Hrmm i hope it makes sense.. I really don't think so but since I'm hung over I'll leave it at that :P

Campo
06-12-2003, 03:44 PM
Makes perfect sense mate.

nick05
06-12-2003, 06:14 PM
I was riding along west coast hwy and saw the accident after it had happened. There was the one blue bike but there was also a car that had a smashed rear windscreen and dents in the back of the car!!

It looked like the rider went into the back of the car! I couldn't see any rider or driver? :?

Anonymous
06-12-2003, 06:50 PM
I don't know about you, but I ride because it's dangerous. That's what I enjoy about riding, and that's what makes it exciting. The knowledge that, one mis-timed mono or one braking marker too late, it's gonna be all over.

Sometimes you're gonna be in control of your fate, sometimes you're not. Many riders lose their lives because of motorcycle-automobile impacts, regardless of if it's the fault of the rider or the driver. It's what happens. It's motorcycling.

Don't kid yourselves. To anyone that takes it half-way seriously (posers not included, ditto most 250cc riders), motorcycling isn't a better mode of transportation. It's certainly not more advanced than driving! With the exception of lane-splitting and a sometimes easier time parking, it's certainly NOT more convenient than driving. Depending on what/how you ride, it's not always cheaper than owning a car. And, of course, it most certainly isn't safer.

Now I don't know about you, but I ride because of all those things, not in spite of them. The problem is, though, that if you take enough risks then one day you could end up buying the farm. I'm certainly not the fastest rider on the road, but I do ride because I like it & I there's the knowledge that it could all go horribly wrong and pear-shaped in the next microsecond.

And fuck it, that's how I like it - I wouldn't ride if it was safe and huggy-feely and environmentally pleasing, I'd rather fucking walk.

Straddo
06-12-2003, 11:13 PM
Hey guys, i might be a newby in terms of riding and only on an XR but even i know that there is a time and a place for everything. I have experienced more crashes than i care to remember and have been lucky every time. When it comes to riding on the road we have to remember that when its a cage vs bike, the bike will always come off second best. The other day whilst driving i spotted a bike in my rear view mirror catching me fast. As he shot between me and another car i couldnt help thinking about how fast he was going considering my own speed and whether or not he would last the nite. Being a rider i am always looking out for other bikes and am also aware that some drivers just dont check mirrors or look for bikes. I dont want to lay the blame at any specific group so i lay it at everyones feet. We are responsible for our own actions, if i crash whilst acting a fool i accept responsibility, timing is everything, we all know that. I agree with frag, until you've pranged you might feel as if you ARE invincible, let me assure you this is not the case. Im guessing that a lot of people reading this have experienced the loss of a mate in an accident. It is painful, but remember that it could have been you and not them. Take the time to think, remember those who have gone before and think about the ones you could be leaving behind....

PrestigeCBR
07-12-2003, 06:54 PM
***DELETED***

Melkor
07-12-2003, 08:01 PM
Calvin.

I deleted your post.

If you don't like that...feel free to flame me as much as you like via PM or in person.

I just don't think this forum is the place to openly insult other forum members.

As it's been said before, people are brave at a keyboard. If you have comments like that (which I may very well agree with), I suggest a PM or in person is a better approach.

PrestigeCBR
07-12-2003, 08:45 PM
I don't know about you, but I ride because it's dangerous. That's what I enjoy about riding, and that's what makes it exciting. The knowledge that, one mis-timed mono or one braking marker too late, it's gonna be all over.

I will try again!

Not a very responsable statement concidering all the constructive comments and concerns posted by other forum members :evil:

Shoxer
07-12-2003, 10:00 PM
Someone who drove past the accident said that the ninja smashed into a back of a car on west coast hw. Apparently the rider went through the back of the car's window

Deej
08-12-2003, 12:19 AM
http://www.perthextreme.com/phpBB2/viewtop...1744&highlight= (http://www.perthextreme.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1744&highlight=)

Chris
08-12-2003, 01:17 AM
I think anyone who tries to say that riding isn't dangerous isn't really looking at things with both eyes open. Obviously it's more dangerous than driving a car. Obviously pulling a wheelie is more dangerous than puttering around in a 1.5 lt hyundai.

I think it's fair to say that most of us ride for the thrill factor of it, and as far as that is concerned, if you are honest, the danger of it is part of that too. & when it comes to stunting, being able to do things other people can't - while staying in control, it's a buzz.

Sure we minimise the risks where possible, wearing the right gear, trying to ride to the conditions, but at heart I reckon there is a bit of thrill seeker in all of us and that's why we (occasionally) *do* go silly speeds or pop the front wheel up.

It comes down to what the rest of the guys have said, sure it's fun to ride on the edge now and again, if we were all reduced to putting around on 125's @80 km/h & 17,000 revs I don't think many of us would do what we do but if you tempt fate enough times one day it'll turn around and bite you right on the ass. Sometimes the result of that is that you don't walk away, one way or another.

Minimise the risk sure. But lets not try and sanitise the things we do on two wheels, because if we are all honest, there is a bit of the devil in all of us.

In my book there is a difference between taking the necessary precautions to make sure that if you do fuck up you've got every chance of making it out alive, and locking yourself in the house and never going outside again.

Just my 2c.

8)

PrestigeCBR
08-12-2003, 08:23 AM
Yes riding is dangerous, but it does not mean you ride because of it danger factor!

Campo
08-12-2003, 08:35 AM
I'm sorry but saying that you ride because it's dangerous, maybe it's not put the right way, cause man I have so much to live for, my friends, you guys here, my girl, my life. I've got everything right there in front of me. If I knew that I was going to die tomorrow then I'd do everythng to avoid that. I've had two pretty bad accidents where I could've been killed and I really don't think you appreciate life for what it is until that time where it's nearly taken away from you.

Yes what we do is dangerous, you can be the most alert person but you still won't see that car pulling out of the driveway at such a rapid rate of knots, you still won't see that horse that gallops in front of you in the middle of no where. I suppose when your time is up, then thats it.

Speaking to people I know and from previous experience, listen to your gut feeling, if you don't feel right about going for a ride, then don't. It's not worth losing your life.

Riding is everything to me, it's my life, it's what I love doing but life itself is more important to me.

I don't ride because it's dangerous, I ride because I love the lifestyle, I love the people that it brings to me, I love feeling "free' on the road, cruising up and down the coast on a warm summers day.

Flakey
08-12-2003, 12:33 PM
Looks up and totally agrees with campo...

FraG
08-12-2003, 01:10 PM
Heh werd (:

I'm the only person that grins when I get to work..
I'm the only person that rides at work (:

And after a bad day at work, I know I have my little 1000cc of stress relief. Best way to clear ones mind.

Daise
08-12-2003, 03:51 PM
Calvin.

I deleted your post.

If you don't like that...feel free to flame me as much as you like via PM or in person.

I just don't think this forum is the place to openly insult other forum members.

As it's been said before, people are brave at a keyboard. If you have comments like that (which I may very well agree with), I suggest a PM or in person is a better approach.

*NODS* :roll:

Anonymous
08-12-2003, 04:00 PM
And after a bad day at work, I know I have my little 1000cc of stress relief.

That's just too much heroin for one man.

Anonymous
08-12-2003, 04:08 PM
I'll send Calvin a PM in a little bit, but I just wanted to make this point - as I seem to have mis-spoken slightly, and I think a few people got the wrong impression.

I ride knowing it's dangerous, not sheerly because of it. However, I think to a certain degree the enjoyment you get out of riding is because it's a little on the dangerous side. And so, you get out of what you put into it - what's more enjoyable, a 120km/h sweeper in a car looking boringly at the horizon, or a 120km/h on a bike with your kneeslider inches from the ground? I think we all know the answer to that one..

And regarding my comment about wheelies, braking markers, etc - I didn't mean to say that I do either of them (wheelies or late braking) when I ride, and I certainly do not put myself in harm's way - or any other riders I'm with - intentionally. However, my overall point was to illustrate that we ride with our eyes open, and that danger is - in the long term - a big part of it.

If this explanation still leaves people a little unsure about what I mean, please feel free to PM me. Likewise, if you don't agree and wanna voice your opinion by PM, no worries! Am happy to try and better explain my point. So, to Calvin, I'll drop you a line soon mate & try to clarify things.

CAD
08-12-2003, 04:11 PM
0wned!

PrestigeCBR
08-12-2003, 07:35 PM
Calvin.

I deleted your post.

I call it the way I see it! :shock: Every one that knows me, knows I call a spade a spade, and you will not die wondering whats on my mind!! Some people like it and some don't :? There's nothing wrong with being straight to the point, it keeps things simple (well I think so).

Daise
08-12-2003, 07:46 PM
Calvin.

I deleted your post.

I call it the way I see it! :shock: Every one that knows me, knows I call a spade a spade, and you will not die wondering whats on my mind!! Some people like it and some don't :? There's nothing wrong with being straight to the point, it keeps things simple (well I think so).

sowwies Calvin I was nodding in general... about pm-ing and flamage... not specifically about youse... SOWWIE!! :oops:

PrestigeCBR
08-12-2003, 08:15 PM
:? 8)

Morgz
09-12-2003, 11:21 AM
Well, except for maybe Morgz :D (JK) Couldn't resist.

:shock: Why I ourta....... actually your wish nearly came true on the weekend. GS400E hire bikes don't handle or stop like I'm used to :oops:

Anonymous
10-12-2003, 03:44 PM
GS400E, Bangkok superbike mate. :D

Boxhead
11-12-2003, 07:02 PM
I think everyone is right in their own way and unfortunately with all of this none face to face/voice to voice communication it is hard for everyone to 'get' what others are saying all the time.

As long as we all ride safe most of the time and take every precaution to minimise accidents when we are doing the silly things well then hopefully more of us will stay intact longer.

My 2c worth gst incl (plus cpi, interest and bank fees and chargers becuased u used the wrong ATM machine so they charge U A FUCKING FORTUNE!!!!!!!!)

slizzut
13-12-2003, 09:25 AM
Don't kid yourselves. To anyone that takes it half-way seriously (posers not included, ditto most 250cc riders), motorcycling isn't a better mode of transportation. It's certainly not more advanced than driving! With the exception of lane-splitting and a sometimes easier time parking, it's certainly NOT more convenient than driving. Depending on what/how you ride, it's not always cheaper than owning a car. And, of course, it most certainly isn't safer.

How can you say most 250cc riders don't take biking even 'half-way seriously'??? :?
I ain't here to flame, but I'd just like to say thats a bullshit comment!
We might not be as experienced as you bigbikers but that sure as hell doesn't mean we take it any less serious than you guys!

We're just doing the right thing by doing our time. Sure, we could've jumped straight onto a bigbike too and become a road/accident hazard to the riding group in the process.. but we show more responsibility than that. You should be glad of that.
Yeah our bikes aren't as fast or as powerful as your bigbikers bikes, and yeah a lot of us look forward to upgrading in the future, but we're doing the right thing and the SAFE thing by everyone - especially you guys - which does not make us any less serious than you.
So show abit more respect to the 250ccs aight.

(Boxhead has a point, its not so easy to understand people's exact point with all this indirect communication going on, but I don't believe I misunderstood and it needed to be said anyway.)

Blade_954
13-12-2003, 12:37 PM
well said Slizz......the bottom line is that you're out there riding! :lol:

CAD
13-12-2003, 03:31 PM
YOU GO slizz... i have to agree...

Ive seen 250 rider's with more safety gear then me.... if you ride a CBR250RR or ZX2 and own safety gear that is worth twice the price of the bike (usually the case) then how can that NOT be serious? :shock:

Gordo
13-12-2003, 07:28 PM
well said Slizzut,
were all riders and can all be broken at the end of the day !!( well I ain't speaking for Fartleys ) :lol:

Anonymous
13-12-2003, 10:31 PM
slizzut: I said "most". most != all. Get a dictionary. :)

Chris
13-12-2003, 10:51 PM
YOU GO slizz... i have to agree...

Ive seen 250 rider's with more safety gear then me.... if you ride a CBR250RR or ZX2 and own safety gear that is worth twice the price of the bike (usually the case) then how can that NOT be serious? :shock:

Because they are clown's shoes. 8)

I think nine has been misquoted (Or at least misunderstood), I believe he was more or less referring to people who rode bikes just to say they 'ride a bike <insert nut adjustment or hair flick here>'. Like it or lump it, alot of 250 riders are like that. Especially the kind who have ridden a 250 for years and years and years... :roll:

People who *own* a bike just to stand beside it are the kind of people who are a fatality in the bank when they finally decide to back up their bs by trying to ride with guys who live and breathe it. I think that is more or less what the point was.

Correct me if I'm wrong 9.

8)

Spike
14-12-2003, 09:50 AM
slizzut: I said "most". most != all. Get a dictionary. :)

u could've said MOST riders if ya goin on like that cos there's probably more bigbore riders that do stupid shit on 2 wheels than 2fiddy's, all in all ya jus gotta admit that was a pretty fuckin stupid thing to say, there's no way u can attack 2fiddy riders like that jus cos they ride a 2fiddy..................what kind of bike u ride means absolutly SWEET FUCK ALL in the big picture of if you ride safe or like a fuckwit wid a deathwish, it depends on the rider and only on the rider, by sayin that 2fiddy riders don't take ridin serious is a pretty fuckin brainless comment to make dude...............not attackin u but u seriously gotta lookover and think about what u say when u post some stuff AND especially WHERE u post it, i mean posting all this mindless shit in another rider down thread is nothing more than BAD FUCKIN TASTE.............seriously start thinkin b4 u type.

P.S. don't think i'm attacking u it's just i've noticed uve been posting quite a bit of tastless shit in the wrong typwe of threads latley.

Deej
14-12-2003, 11:16 AM
How can you say most 250cc riders don't take biking even 'half-way seriously'??? :?
I ain't here to flame, but I'd just like to say thats a bullshit comment!
We might not be as experienced as you bigbikers but that sure as hell doesn't mean we take it any less serious than you guys!

We're just doing the right thing by doing our time. Sure, we could've jumped straight onto a bigbike too and become a road/accident hazard to the riding group in the process.. but we show more responsibility than that. You should be glad of that.
Yeah our bikes aren't as fast or as powerful as your bigbikers bikes, and yeah a lot of us look forward to upgrading in the future, but we're doing the right thing and the SAFE thing by everyone - especially you guys - which does not make us any less serious than you.
So show abit more respect to the 250ccs aight.

(Boxhead has a point, its not so easy to understand people's exact point with all this indirect communication going on, but I don't believe I misunderstood and it needed to be said anyway.)

*Nods*

swat2
14-12-2003, 11:26 AM
Has anyone called kevin - 1bg12r - he rides a blue kwaka....

someone please give him a call n see how he is

Chris
14-12-2003, 11:31 AM
He's posted since the accident swat2 - regarding popping a mono past some off duty cops.

So he's ok. :)

Anonymous
15-12-2003, 05:01 PM
u could've said MOST riders if ya goin on like that cos there's probably more bigbore riders that do stupid shit on 2 wheels than 2fiddy's, all in all ya jus gotta admit that was a pretty fuckin stupid thing to say, there's no way u can attack 2fiddy riders like that jus cos they ride a 2fiddy..................

What fresh bullshit is this? I'm going to start again, as that's how much a few people have completely missed what I was saying. Now, I'll be moving in a circular motion, so if you pay attention - there will be a point.

It's an issue of mindset, the capacity of the bikes has fuck-all to do with my point but you've completely overlooked that fact. If RE-class riders were restricted to 400cc bikes I'd've said 400cc riders, as it's not the capacity that's the issue! But you kinda missed that.

Such riders:

* generally do not wear all the protective gear (yes, something big bike riders are often guilty of also)
* generally do not partake in country runs and other jaunts
* generally do not participate in track days
* generally do not associate with "motorcycle groups" (I use the term loosely)
* generally do not get involved in awareness & related rides
* generally do not take advanced rider courses, cornering courses etc
* often do not upgrade to bigger bikes when they're eligible (compare 250cc market to the big-bike market)

Is this enough, or do I need to keep going? Remeber it's a GENERALISATION people, it doesn't apply to ALL 250cc riders.

what kind of bike u ride means absolutly SWEET FUCK ALL in the big picture of if you ride safe or like a fuckwit wid a deathwish, it depends on the rider and only on the rider, by sayin that 2fiddy riders don't take ridin serious is a pretty fuckin brainless comment to make dude...............not attackin u but u seriously gotta lookover and think about what u say when u post some stuff AND especially WHERE u post it, i mean posting all this mindless shit in another rider down thread is nothing more than BAD FUCKIN TASTE.............seriously start thinkin b4 u type.

What a crock of shit.

P.S. don't think i'm attacking u it's just i've noticed uve been posting quite a bit of tastless shit in the wrong typwe of threads latley.

Ditto.

Chris
15-12-2003, 06:43 PM
One thing I think I might say at this point is that whether or not you got and/or agreed with what #9 said, you don't have to agree with him, but I don't think personal attacks are the way to go either. He said most 250cc riders, he didn't name names, so I think a few people should start dealing with the issues rather than with the people.

I remember in the not very distant past a certain someone 13 o'clocking their wheels and then proceeding to go on about how they were going to try and 'go even harder' - popping wheelies out of the repair shop and such. I personally don't think said person should play like they are the authority on responsibility or tact (McStoppies anyone?). People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones - or call in airstrikes.

Making a play for the proverbial moral high ground on any issue never solves anything, and in this case it doesn't even begin to tackle the real reasons behind why so many people die on two wheels and why the rest of the motoring public is so apathetic about it.

#9's opinion was just that, his opinion. You don't like it, feel free to disagree, but I'd rather see the blatant flames kept to a minimum.

Flame on. :roll:

Deej
15-12-2003, 06:58 PM
*points up* Wot he said.

mastrmage
16-12-2003, 10:32 AM
Have to say, I'm agreed with Numero Nove