PDA

View Full Version : Licenced to thrill!

07-12-2003, 04:27 PM
Calvin and Ben,

You will be pleased to know that I attended the Racecraft Course today at Barbagellos and obtained my Race Licence for next season.

All effort will now be put into place to have the 954RR ready for the first tuning day proposed for Febuary 2004.

Interesting to note, a Superbike Racer was trialling the new 04' Bridgestone Slicks at the track.

Didn't tear up or go off. He did state a little twitchiness from the front but that may of been down to set up.

Who knows though what tyre will be the pick of the bunch next year due to the track being resurfaced in January.

Looking forward to the season...

Causeway Honda Racing - Performance First.

Campo
07-12-2003, 04:50 PM
Well done mate, thats awesome news!!!! Can't wait to see ya race, going to be an awesome season next year!

gpx_gal
07-12-2003, 05:32 PM
Congratulations Dude!

braxus
07-12-2003, 05:43 PM
well done ! you see the light honda 954 rr 4 next year .

no all jokes aside awesome mate :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

RIDE HARD ---STAY SAFE

Deej
07-12-2003, 08:52 PM
Well done Madmax!

BigBird
07-12-2003, 11:44 PM
Congrats and well done MadMax.

Good luck news year.

Hewie
08-12-2003, 07:10 AM
congratulations dude ..

lookin forward to seein u cut up the track on the 954 next year

Flakey
08-12-2003, 12:47 PM
Well done! :D

Warp Speed
08-12-2003, 04:06 PM
8) Congratulations MadMax > not that the license was a big deal for a man of your talents.....but its nice to have peer group confirmation. Look forward to see you and Calvin out there having fun on Race days in 2004. Both on Honda's yeah!

Ben
08-12-2003, 07:54 PM
Congrats Madmax, good to hear you are having a ride next year. Like you said it will be very interesting to see what tyres are going to work with the new surface. Bridgestone are keen to help out a few people i have heard as well...... we will just have to wait and see what works.

zipdrive
08-12-2003, 08:40 PM
congrats madmax! :D
looking forward to seeing you on the 954, hope you don't be a stranger to us racecraft guys :lol:

Ben, it was nice meeting you face to face, can't wait to see you on that K3 next year with all the engine mods :D

PrestigeCBR
08-12-2003, 09:31 PM
Well done mate, good to see you given it a go as well.

Can not wait until next track day in the new year, new track surface, and also getting closer to season start.

As for tyres, who knows with the new surface in all, everyone starts fresh. For me, I just have to get set up right, on the PE track day all I was doing was spinning up the rear out of corners, until Mark de Haas had a look and made some adjustments for me, then I found some drive!

I see alot of fine tuning coming my way! :?

See ya next track day.

Ben
10-12-2003, 01:25 PM
congrats madmax! :D
looking forward to seeing you on the 954, hope you don't be a stranger to us racecraft guys :lol:

Ben, it was nice meeting you face to face, can't wait to see you on that K3 next year with all the engine mods :D

Will be good with a few extra ponies :D Wouldn't mind the Nos setup though

Boxhead
11-12-2003, 06:31 PM
Thats wikud man, well done!!! Cant wait to c u boys on da track rippin it up. Hopefully I will be in da thick of the action with ya both, I could be your visual technician (bike polisher)!!!

Big it up for the Honda guys :mrgreen:

PrestigeCBR
15-12-2003, 07:35 AM
Madmax / Ben

Did you notice in the Sunday Times (coming events) there is a club race day in March. Whats this for? Grading - Social day!!

Either way, should be good 8)

Ben
15-12-2003, 12:35 PM
We run a club race day at the start of each year. Fun race day with no points to worry about, still a proper race day but just to get a feel for it again after 3 months off

PrestigeCBR
15-12-2003, 08:42 PM
We run a club race day at the start of each year. Fun race day with no points to worry about, still a proper race day but just to get a feel for it again after 3 months off

That's a good idea then, helps us beginners find the back of the grid :?