PDA

View Full Version : MotoGP - Sepang Sep 10th

bladebabe
06-02-2006, 09:57 AM
Ok peeps,

I have heard quite a few people saying they wouldn't mind going to the Sepang GP in Malaysia this year, soooo I was wondering who was actually serious about going???

I have a few contacts in the travel industry (was in the industry for about 6 years) and hopefully they would be able to help me out with a special deal including flights, accommdation and GP passes if we get a certain number of people..

Now the prices aren't actually out as yet but should be coming in the next few weeks so if people let me know then I can see what I can do..

Imagine - "PSB takes Malaysia by storm" :o :lol:

TheonlyNinjabitches
06-02-2006, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by bladebabe@Feb 6 2006, 09:57 AM
Ok peeps,

I have heard quite a few people saying they wouldn't mind going to the Sepang GP in Malaysia this year, soooo I was wondering who was actually serious about going???

I have a few contacts in the travel industry (was in the industry for about 6 years) and hopefully they would be able to help me out with a special deal including flights, accommdation and GP passes if we get a certain number of people..

Now the prices aren't actually out as yet but should be coming in the next few weeks so if people let me know then I can see what I can do..

Imagine - "PSB takes Malaysia by storm" :o :lol:

for sure definatly just needs to make sure ive got that week off if not ill take the time off

PHOBiA
06-02-2006, 03:47 PM
I'd love too.. Lived in Malaysia for 2 years and never made it to MotoGP. Did the JGTC and F1 twice..

*sigh* if only I had the holidays..

maya
06-02-2006, 08:35 PM
Hmm. MotoGP for my birthday. That'd be something a bit different for my 24th.
*argh! I'm getting old*
Will look into it. How long you think we'd need to take off? 4 days? A week?
Any kind of price range, even a rough one?

bladebabe
07-02-2006, 08:42 AM
Hmm. MotoGP for my birthday. That'd be something a bit different for my 24th.
*argh! I'm getting old*
Will look into it. How long you think we'd need to take off? 4 days? A week?
Any kind of price range, even a rough one?
[/b]

Depends how long you want to be there... I would say minimum 4 days for a whirl-wind trip... not sure how much as new travel season prices are not out yet, but going on last years specials to KL prob about $600-800 for accomm and flights plus the GP pass

rz350
07-02-2006, 09:07 AM
Depends how long you want to be there... I would say minimum 4 days for a whirl-wind trip... not sure how much as new travel season prices are not out yet, but going on last years specials to KL prob about $600-800 for accomm and flights plus the GP pass
[/b]

Far out that is much much cheaper then I was expecting. Would just about cost more to go see it at Phillip Island! :blink:

FJ Steve
07-02-2006, 09:39 AM
Depends how long you want to be there... I would say minimum 4 days for a whirl-wind trip... not sure how much as new travel season prices are not out yet, but going on last years specials to KL prob about $600-800 for accomm and flights plus the GP pass[/b]

Would have expected it to be a bit more...seeing as how the airfare component alone is $1000 (approx)...and Sepang is at least 1/2 hr from KL...so there would be travel expenses (albeit probably cheap). Do the airlines/travel agents do GP specials? or just try and sell it off as a KL 4 day jaunt?

Steve

bladebabe
07-02-2006, 12:13 PM
as I said the above is only a GUESS based on the specials that are advertised in the papers.... and NOT including GP passes...

Hopefully in the next few weeks I can have a more realistic pricing for you all

mumbo1krr
11-02-2006, 02:38 PM
count me in! (+1)

i'll do a week away, then fly back to melb for the PI GP. yee haaa!

cunningassassin
11-02-2006, 05:56 PM
Do they have an "afterburner" ride day after the GP as per the WSB and GP at Phillip Island ????
Might be worth hiring a bike and riding doing a ride day if it is possible.

Neil-51
11-02-2006, 06:47 PM
We did Sepang GP last year. Used frequent flyer points to get to Singapore and then caught the train to KL. The train is cheap but takes a fair part of a day.

You can buy the GP tickets online and they cost bugger all. The pit walk is also very cheap.

Stayed in KL and commuted to the circuit. You can use public transport, which is interesting, but takes way too long. The best thing is to negotiate a cab. It cost us about $35 aus to be dropped at the circuit and then picked up after the race. For a group you would get a small bus.

PI is a better viewing circuit. Sepang has great facilities and you can sit in the stands over the start finish line and look into Rossi's garage.

STUART
12-02-2006, 06:31 AM
HEY KYMMIE HOLIDAYS ARE BOOKED:whistling:

Lush
12-02-2006, 01:52 PM
Marcus and I are interested...keep my posted ok? :biggrin:

Fenris
08-03-2006, 11:13 PM
On the wagon.

Dazza996
09-03-2006, 08:21 PM
Im keen as, a friend of mine was up there couple of years ago said it was awesome and heaps cheaper than Phillip Island. I was going to Phillip island but have decided not too and are doing something different and going to LeMans, Mugello and Catalunya so yes would love to make another one and make Sepang, keep us posted. Good work Blade Babe :thumbsup:

ENVEE 2
09-03-2006, 09:32 PM
was gonig to go to PI as well but this sounds even better....im with you dazza...i wonder if they do a ducati champions club at sepang??.......please keep us posted bladebabe :biggrin:

bladebabe
10-03-2006, 10:06 AM
Will hopefully have some estimate costs in teh next week or so...
It is early days yet and some of the prices still aren't out..

Davo
27-03-2006, 02:42 PM
Will hopefully have some estimate costs in teh next week or so...
It is early days yet and some of the prices still aren't out..
[/b]

Any updates bladebabe?

CRUISIN
27-03-2006, 03:07 PM
will see you there, I am going to three this year, Donn Park , Sepang, PI :biggrin: :biggrin:

STUART
28-03-2006, 06:25 AM
Any updates bladebabe?
[/b]

yep we have had a couple and we are still waiting for some more people to get back to us

for 5 days around $1100 to most $1600 ,,(airfares,transfers,accom and taxes)
but what do i know ,,kym has all the details, she know more than me :teehee:

bladebabe
28-03-2006, 09:14 AM
I should have a couple of prices for you all by the end of this week..

There are no specials out at the moment so the prices will be the "worst case senario" type of thing...

If a special comes out once booked then we can change to the reduced rate (this will more than likely happen) for a small fee.

Anyway will get some prices to you all soon :biggrin:

TheonlyNinjabitches
28-03-2006, 01:20 PM
hopefully its qantas for frequent flyers

mickvd
03-04-2006, 01:37 PM
Negotiations are going well with the other half so I'm defenatly keen to see what packages there are.

Mick

bladebabe
03-04-2006, 05:29 PM
Ok all...

I have had a couple of quotes and I am still waiting on another one.

Prices are based on the following deal:

Flying Malaysia Airlines
Departing Thurs 07 Sep returning 12 Sep
5 nights accommodation at the Dorsett Regency Hotel (3*)
Breakfast daily
Transfers from airport to hotel and return
Coach transfer from hotel to Sepang Circuit return (2 days if required)

There are no specials out at the moment but if we book and a special does come up, we are able to change to the new price for a small fee. (which will be worth it)

When prices are finalised and it is time to book I will need a $220.00 deposit per person to secure the booking.

Now for the most important thing everyone is waiting for.... the price.

For now you can base it on the following:

$1333.00 per person

this price will more than likely be reduced when a special airfare comes out and I am still waiting for another quote to come through.

This does not include the GP ticket but this will probably cost you no more than around $50-$80 including pit passes.

I hope this gives everybody somewhere to start from and an idea of how much to save.

If anyone is wanting to fly Qantas to redeem Frequent Flyer points let me know and I will get a land only costing for you.

Keep an eye out and once I receive the other quote I will post up that price (if it is cheaper that is)

Davo
04-04-2006, 08:55 AM
This is looking good, better start buttering up the misses :whistling:

This does not include the GP ticket but this will probably cost you no more than around $50-$80 including pit passes.
[/b]

Last years prices, not sure what currency???

WEEKEND PASS
(2-DAY TICKET, FRIDAY FREE)
MAIN GRANDSTAND
Mall Area 50.00

Pit Walkabout
(Saturday only) 50.00

GRANDSTANDS
K1 Grandstand 30.00
HILLSTANDS K2 10.00

bladebabe
04-04-2006, 10:27 AM
This is looking good, better start buttering up the misses :whistling:
Last years prices, not sure what currency???

WEEKEND PASS
(2-DAY TICKET, FRIDAY FREE)
MAIN GRANDSTAND
Mall Area 50.00

Pit Walkabout
(Saturday only) 50.00

GRANDSTANDS
K1 Grandstand 30.00
HILLSTANDS K2 10.00
[/b]

If you got those of the GP site then they are in Malaysian Ringit.

I converted the prices of last years then added it all up to give you a total including pit passes, grandstands and admission

MartinB
04-04-2006, 04:35 PM
Ok all...

I have had a couple of quotes and I am still waiting on another one.

Prices are based on the following deal:

Flying Malaysia Airlines
Departing Thurs 07 Sep returning 12 Sep
5 nights accommodation at the Dorsett Regency Hotel (3*)
Breakfast daily
Transfers from airport to hotel and return
Coach transfer from hotel to Sepang Circuit return (2 days if required)

There are no specials out at the moment but if we book and a special does come up, we are able to change to the new price for a small fee. (which will be worth it)

When prices are finalised and it is time to book I will need a $220.00 deposit per person to secure the booking.

Now for the most important thing everyone is waiting for.... the price.

For now you can base it on the following:

$1333.00 per person

this price will more than likely be reduced when a special airfare comes out and I am still waiting for another quote to come through.

I hope this gives everybody somewhere to start from and an idea of how much to save.

If anyone is wanting to fly Qantas to redeem Frequent Flyer points let me know and I will get a land only costing for you.

Keep an eye out and once I receive the other quote I will post up that price (if it is cheaper that is)
[/b]

Will check with the boss.

ENVEE 2
05-04-2006, 12:12 AM
sounds good........pencil me in for 2 spots(me and gf).....would be great if price dropped but sounds good al the same