PDA

View Full Version : Bike won't start (kicks over but won't start)

MostlyHarmless
06-05-2012, 06:52 PM
Isn't exactly urgent, luckily the problem occurred when I tried to leave this morning. My GPX was running last night fine, it coughed a little when trying to take off when it was cold but then this morning it just won't start, still kicks over, but something sounds different doesn't sound like its firing or something. Just weird because it was fine last night now this morning it just doesn't want to go, got more then half a tank of fuel.
It was pretty cold and wet last night, I don't suppose water could of gotten into the fuel tank and into the engine?
Any help would be appreciated, full service was done just over 2000Ks ago, so I doubt it could be plugs or anything since they're pretty new.

Roger Explosion
06-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Will it respond to a bump start?

MostlyHarmless
06-05-2012, 07:01 PM
Will it respond to a bump start?
Trying it tomorrow tomorrow, fingers crossed it does.

Goofy
06-05-2012, 07:10 PM
Kill switch?

Chaos-incarnate
06-05-2012, 08:48 PM
I thought this was the roadside assist thread? Are you broken down somewhere? Needed a trailer perhaps?
Thank god I got the notification for this urgent situation.

MostlyHarmless
06-05-2012, 09:14 PM
I thought this was the roadside assist thread? Are you broken down somewhere? Needed a trailer perhaps?
Thank god I got the notification for this urgent situation.
Trying to find the correct section to put this in, thought this would be most appropriate, I did state this wasn't urgent as in doesn't need immediate attention(I'm not stranded anywhere), but glad to see your just trying to do whatever you can to assist someone who relies on their bike as their main(only) source of transport.

darkfibre
06-05-2012, 09:22 PM
The yellow/orange bit at the top, and the first post that says:

Welcome to the roadside assist section.

Please read the info notice that appears in yellow above so you know how this section works. It will be strictly moderated.

I feel bad replying, knowing people that want to help others who are broken down get these posts pushed to their phones.

MostlyHarmless
07-05-2012, 10:45 AM
Sorry, I didn't know that people get push notifications to their phones but if anyone can help it would be appreciated.
Just tried a bump start today, clutch is refusing to engage in gear rear wheel just locks up whenever I engage the clutch in gear. Wheel rolls in neutral though.

filbert
07-05-2012, 11:08 AM
try a jump start instead, or try running a battery charger for a while, the weather is cooling off batteries often fail when it gets colder and can't draw on their usual charge when cold, so just working normally won't work at all.

GsxInShed
13-05-2012, 05:05 PM
turn fuel tap to 'on'