PDA

View Full Version : Henry Rollins

rgvlee
16-02-2006, 05:04 PM
Hank is a legend. I got a snippet of this story off of www.news.com.au and found the full article here:

http://21361.com/site_2004/dispatchs_archive/01-30-06.html

Jonchilds
16-02-2006, 08:15 PM
403!

TYSON
16-02-2006, 08:24 PM
403!
[/b]

not sure if this is the article but here's googles copy
clicky (http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:MIqH8RHJFPQJ:21361.com/site_2004/dispatchs_archive/01-30-06.html+&hl=en&gl=au&ct=clnk&cd=1)

millsy
16-02-2006, 11:42 PM
:biggrin: Hank just telling it how it is! :thumbsup:

Foofie Foofie
17-02-2006, 12:19 AM
I just love it when stupid ignorant yanks have a opinion or a point of view. FFS , these people cant tell the diff bettwen Nrt and Sth Korea and Aus and Tasmania !!!!! .

The vatican is another ......

tlad
17-02-2006, 07:38 AM
A few years ago I saw Henry do his Spoken Word thing on the Gold Coast. I thought he was great.

This letter though... The first letter to him was actually being polite and was, it seemed, not attacking or accusing Henry of anything. His response however, was completely uncalled for; the person who reported him is who this response should have been aimed at, not the Aust government and little Johnny.

My 2 cents.

Tim.

aaargh1
17-02-2006, 08:52 AM
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d195/aaargh1/black-flag-barslogo.jpg

Scoundrel
17-02-2006, 09:03 AM
I just love it when stupid ignorant yanks have a opinion or a point of view. FFS , these people cant tell the diff bettwen Nrt and Sth Korea and Aus and Tasmania !!!!! .

The vatican is another ......
[/b]

Took the words right out of my mouth. He calls our PM a 'sissy'...look at who he's got!!!!!

"ah think we misunderestimated them thar Irak-ees"

:dry:

Mr John
17-02-2006, 09:13 AM
Just because a yank calls our PM a sissy doesn't mean he isn't a sissy.

I don't mean to bait, but calling Henry Rollins ignorant smacks to me of ignorance.

Scoundrel
17-02-2006, 09:17 AM
Just because a yank calls our PM a sissy doesn't mean he isn't a sissy.

I don't mean to bait, but calling Henry Rollins ignorant smacks to me of ignorance.
[/b]

I know our PM is a sissy...hell he is an idiot. I guess the point I was trying to convey is glass houses...stones...you know the one? :laugh:

millsy
17-02-2006, 09:33 AM
I think some of you might not know who Henry Rollins is or what he does. He takes the piss out of his own president too infact he takes the piss out of everyone if he can including himself on occasion.

Some of you are sticking up for John Howard?! :down: :blink:

I can't wait till he comes back for another spoken word tour, It'll be freakin' great!
Finally got along to the last one when he was here (not the BDO). I think some of you punks need to borrow some CD's :yes:

rgvlee
17-02-2006, 09:38 AM
Spoken Word = FTW.

Foofie Foofie
17-02-2006, 10:18 AM
[/b]

So explain to me how a man that doesnt live in Aus for a great amount of time to really know what goes on here, to make such a call ? .

Millsy, Yea im actually sticking up for Jonnie. Allways will , he is Liberal, he turned thsi country upside from the shit that Hawke and Keating left it in, and honestly we have seen with our own govt what happens when you return it back to Labour. The more money you make the poorer you feel at times here .... sometimes with the tax i pay i honestly think that i shuld shit on my arse for a few more days a week and make less. Ahh there is a whole lot more, but yes, Jonnie the man . Compared to what .... Latham ? ... Beasley ? ... Crean ?? .... he a GOD ! .

If either of them 3 were voted in , id pack my shit up and go to Slovakia and live with the ex-communists.

Pkunk
17-02-2006, 12:38 PM
the most hardcore neck in the music industry...

tigerleo
17-02-2006, 01:05 PM
Millsy, Yea im actually sticking up for Jonnie. Allways will , he is Liberal, he turned thsi country upside from the shit that Hawke and Keating left it in, and honestly we have seen with our own govt what happens when you return it back to Labour. The more money you make the poorer you feel at times here .... sometimes with the tax i pay i honestly think that i shuld shit on my arse for a few more days a week and make less. Ahh there is a whole lot more, but yes, Jonnie the man . Compared to what .... Latham ? ... Beasley ? ... Crean ?? .... he a GOD ! .

If either of them 3 were voted in , id pack my shit up and go to Slovakia and live with the ex-communists.
[/b]
My sentiments exactly! :thumbsup:

And yeah - Rollin's gets an email letting him know he was 'reported' by an anonymous twat and in return he bags Aus and our PM - WTF??? :blink: That is hardly insightful logic... :down:

Mr John
17-02-2006, 01:12 PM
So explain to me how a man that doesnt live in Aus for a great amount of time to really know what goes on here, to make such a call ? .
[/b]

It's his opinion, exactly the same way you get to have an opinion on "stupid ignorant yanks" - why does this need an exlplanation?

millsy
17-02-2006, 01:58 PM
I get the feeling I'm the only one who would sacrifice a few tax dollars in exchange for a new foriegn policy.

maybe it's short sighted of me to look at the things he's not doing with regards world politics. I'd rather not have Bush's handbag as our Prime Minister, but since you list the alternatives... hey Australian politics really is in the toilet. :dry:

So many on the forum were quick to observe the beat-up on Motorcyclists as a crafty way to gain public support for increasing police powers and road laws, I'm suprised so few observe the same thing happening in every other aspect of domestic policy. Australia is becoming an easily manipulated nanny state, we'll all be policing each other soon. You won't even be able to blow your nose without someone there to hold your hand.

And I'll still stick up for Henry.

Foofie Foofie
17-02-2006, 04:36 PM
the same way you get to have an opinion on "stupid ignorant yanks" - why does this need an exlplanation?
[/b]

Id say its more than opinion .... what could he or possibly would want to know about Aus and its workings to make such a call ? . Opinion ? .... big call for a opinion. If 'you' wanna slander Jonny , no hass go for it , i just hate it when forigners who know 2/16th's of half a dozen of f__k all have a opinion cause they are celebs and someone would print it. If some overweight Californian with a wrinkled up wife jumped off a plane and said that , most people would be like "Go back home you prick ..... " , but not Henry :) . Contradiction.

It needs a explination cause they arent the same.

maybe it's short sighted of me to look at the things he's not doing with regards world politics. I'd rather not have Bush's handbag as our Prime Minister, but since you list the alternatives... hey Australian politics really is in the toilet. :dry:
[/b]

Millsy, Yea look ill admit its far form a perfect system, no probs there. Having said that, ive been thru the USA, Euro and Asia in my time, ive seen a lot of the world, and had a good snoop allways on how things work there and whats the go. In all honesty, Aus is still one of the best places to be. Its like the plumber dirtying your carpet , and the choices on the botom of his boots are , mud or shit. You take the mud , but your not happy with it .... it could allways be the shit , and thats a LOT worse.

eXume
17-02-2006, 05:18 PM
Henry who?

aaargh1
17-02-2006, 05:40 PM
Henry who?
[/b]

Hank
henry
fat neck
jello's mate :woot:
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d195/aaargh1/cw.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d195/aaargh1/rollins10.jpg

millsy
17-02-2006, 06:33 PM
Aus is still one of the best places to be. Its like the plumber dirtying your carpet , and the choices on the botom of his boots are , mud or shit. You take the mud , but your not happy with it .... it could allways be the shit , and thats a LOT worse.
[/b]

Touché :thumbsup:

I don't think I'd ever want to live any where else except maybe another part of Australia :biggrin:

Henry Rules :tongue:

eXume
17-02-2006, 09:04 PM
I know who he is. But who gives a shit what he says.

aaargh1
18-02-2006, 09:46 AM
Henry who?
[/b]

I know who he is. But who gives a shit what he says.
[/b]

?????
a man walks in to a line standing outside a pub and wants to get in..... he waits an hour before he gets to the front of the line .... only for the bouncers to say "sorry mate ya can not get in with those shoes"......the man then hurls abuse at the bouncer as he walks away and says ........ WELL I DID NOT WANNA GET IN TO THIS SHITHOLE ANYHOW????

wtf

sometimes i give a shit what people say,,,,, i will listen to what hank has to say

after all he is just an old "PUNK" :woot: :woot:

millsy
25-02-2008, 10:03 AM
For those that care the tickets For Henry Rollins that went on Sale this morning are not on sale from bocs as stated in a link to liveguide someone( KylieJane?) posted (thanks cause i didn't know he was coming) they are available from Tickettek. Got Mine :)

kyliejane
25-02-2008, 10:08 AM
yep got mine.. siked

Bendito
25-02-2008, 10:24 AM
Hey Hank, I work the the Aust Gov, someone reported you, I think it's funny, and thought you might get laugh out of it too.

Fuck you and your boss and your government. Your PM is a sissy.

I normally like him, but wha?

kyliejane
15-04-2008, 02:19 PM
who went last night?