PDA

View Full Version : Photo printing

Scoundrel
17-02-2006, 07:41 PM
Hi

I wanna get some photos printed out in A4, possibly up to an A3 size. I want proper photo quality/finish, like you would get from getting negatives developed (only my pics are digital). Now, I know there are some amateur/semi professional photographers floating around here, could you give me some advice as to where to go? I want to eventually frame and mount some of them.

Thank ya'

Scoundrel

Jonchilds
17-02-2006, 07:58 PM
Camera House in Morley does a pretty good job with the Frontier 370, which seems to have given much nicer colours (but crappier skin tones) than the Agfa D.Lab.1.

For anything larger than 10x12" or 8x12", you're going to have to go on bubblejet or wax printing, or on a canvas ($200/m^2). I couldn't help since I've not needed to go larger than 10x12"

Taz
17-02-2006, 08:03 PM
check the photo place in scarb shopping centre they do bigger pics from digital.

zadok
17-02-2006, 08:44 PM
I use the online BigW lab. Download the free software, select your pics and your nearest Big W store and they will be sent there after four working days. I have only opted for the standard sized prints so far, but you can get bigger.

Jonchilds
18-02-2006, 05:49 PM
I use the online BigW lab. Download the free software, select your pics and your nearest Big W store and they will be sent there after four working days. I have only opted for the standard sized prints so far, but you can get bigger.
[/b]

Big W (atleast the one in Mirabooka) uses the Agfa D.Lab printer. I'd personally pay the extra for the Frontier prints.