PDA

View Full Version : Need some local weekend getaway ideas...

Vermithrax
14-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Hey folks, I was hoping I could ask for some advice about places in WA, preferably within a 1/2 day drive to get away for the weekend. i grew up in South Australia and to be honest, I have enough trouble pronouncing the names of some places, let alone finding them.

I don't earn FIFO pay, will be taking the missus and most likely, the kids (damn). IDEALLY, I am trying to convince her to come out for a naughty weekend, but so far she is doing the "But the kids have to come too...!" routine.

In the last 10 years, we have been to Walpole, Pinjarra, Margaret River and Dongara.

Anyone care to share on some nice little pretty towns or spots that are just too damn cool? I would really appreciate it.

Cheers

Phildo
15-11-2012, 01:33 AM
I don't earn FIFO pay, will be taking the missus and most likely, the kids (damn). IDEALLY, I am trying to convince her to come out for a naughty weekend, but so far she is doing the "But the kids have to come too...!" routine.

Kalgoorlie.

Drop kids down mineshaft when you get near town.

Have dirty weekend with wife.

Collect kids on way home.

Win.

filbert
15-11-2012, 01:56 AM
How old are the kids?

Karri Valley Resort is nice and has family friendly facilities and activities roughly 20 minutes or of Pemberton on the Vasse highway towards Nannup.

I wouldn't call it cheap but it's comparable to anywhere else you'd stay as a family and a fair few tourist attractions in the area.