PDA

View Full Version : Douchenozzlery...

Pages : [1] 2

Rich...
08-12-2012, 11:58 AM
So people Douchenozzlery and the being a Douchenozzle...

Is it age related and it can be grown out of?

Is it genetic and they are stuck with it for life?

Can someone be taught to not be a Douchenozzle?

thro
08-12-2012, 12:01 PM

Not necessarily age related, but can be grown out of when the person realizes what affect it has on their life (alienating people around them)

No

and....
no

They need to figure shit out themselves. Some never do.

darth lefty
08-12-2012, 01:22 PM
I heard an interesting idea from a friend's ex not too long ago...

She thinks that as men get older they get less douchie. For examples (mine, not hers), see T-roy or Bunyack.

She also thinks that as girls get older they get more crazy. I'll refrain from examples as that's negative nancy stuff, but I'm sure there are a few closed threads out there that will do well enough as a warning.

I Like ( . Y . )
08-12-2012, 01:28 PM
C'mon Rich i think there are some perfect examples that certain Douchenozzles can grow out of it :huh: :lol:

Rich...
08-12-2012, 01:32 PM
Ok...

If they can grow out of it, and like Thro said, they have to figure it out themselves...

Is it possible to help them figure it out?

Is it our civil duty to help them figure it out?

Or does the world need some douches?

I Like ( . Y . )
08-12-2012, 01:34 PM
Well every place of fun needs a douche to keep it in check lol

darth lefty
08-12-2012, 01:44 PM
Forum needs more hazings.

Rich...
08-12-2012, 01:48 PM
Not sure hazing is correct...

But douchenozzlery probably should be pointed out to help the unfortunate douche...

I know T-Roy is thankful for the help he received...

And others have grown out of it and recognized they were douches...

Sometimes I just feel we should be helping them with "tough love"...

But I believe the issue is the douche doesn't believe he is a douche so doesn't take the help on board, and have to figure it out themselves...

jobbo
08-12-2012, 02:06 PM
Its entirely up to the douchenozzle as to whether or not highlighting their flaws will resonate with them. They are generally deeply ingrained habits which will slide under the radar so to speak.

They/us all have different conditioning but certainly honesty will help. The key point is to remain emotionally neutral, apart from perhaps compassion, when delivering the evidence of said douchenozzlery, as ironically if you act at all vexed or scornful he/she will very likely consider you to be the douchenozzle! Lastly it is also vital to remind them to observe their own behaviour from as neutral a perspective as they can manage for the next time (and other future times) that they act the way in which you have highlighted.

Rich...
08-12-2012, 02:11 PM
I agree if just one person points it out the douche will not respond and believe the other person is the douche...

Or classic douche behaviour...a whole heap of people point out their douchenozzlery and yet it's not them, it's everyone else that has it wrong...

A case of "it's not me, it's the world"...

Dr. Venkman
08-12-2012, 02:47 PM

1 yes and no, some people wake up to their douchnozzlery and make the changes in their lives and grow out of it. Sadly a few I know have not and show no signs of out growing it.

2 In one of the cases I know it is, the kid is just as bad as her mother if not worse.

3 I woud think that the only way to "teach" someone how not to be a douchnozzle would be by example. Some of the teenagers I see running about have got to have parents that are douchnozzles of epic proportions.

g0zer
08-12-2012, 04:52 PM
Is it possible to help them figure it out?

Is it our civil duty to help them figure it out?

""Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast your pearls before swine, lest they haply trample them under their feet, and turn and rend you."
Matthew 7: 6"

Casting Your Pearl Before Swine (http://www.churchofchrist.com.au/Lectures/Sermon/Pearls.htm)

according to the churchies you can tell someone something once if you think they might understand, its up to them what they make of it. its probably not bad advice. if you tell someone something they cannot understand (apart from being a waste of breath) then they will probably hate you especially if you bang on and on on it.

ps: btw i read that quote on Dan's MC maintenance page the other day, which is the only reason i mention it. that guy is such a god botherer, good mechanic though.

Skut
08-12-2012, 05:10 PM
Douchenozzlery, like many other behaviours is subject to the ecosystem surrounding it. For example, end of season footy parties in Bali would probably foster a high degree of douche behaviour that is supported or indeed encouraged by the immediate environment.

I firmly believe it is to the greater good for douchenozzlery to be called out - it is then up to the individual in question as to how they respond to that. Some will take it on board, others will revolt even further, some grow out of it of their own accord - most of these responses will be affected by the immediate ecosystem as well. (This is why I refuse to let "lane-rapists" in when they storm up a closed lane to gain some car-lengths and add to congestion - and face-palm myself when others meekly let them in, thus rewarding their douchery. Or perhaps that is douchey on my part?)

Maxo
08-12-2012, 05:21 PM
If someone wants to act like a douchenozzle, it's entirely their prerogative, as it is everyone else's to treat them like a douchenozzle.

filbert
08-12-2012, 05:45 PM
I trend to encourage and support douchnozzlery and mimic their behaviour before finally stepping it up a notch until they're horrified by my actions :)

If you can't be a good example then at least you can serve as horrible warning.....

I've probably got a few of my friends worried now :) as well you should be bwahaahaahaa

Seriously though if said douchenozzle has redeeming characteristics then encouragement of the positive can be more beneficial than highlighting the negative :)

marras
08-12-2012, 05:49 PM
When I act like a douche Rich hits me up the arse and then I snap out of it :lol:

Rich...
08-12-2012, 05:53 PM
...encouragement of the positive can be more beneficial than highlighting the negative :)

That's a good point, but it's weird to give some one praise for being normal...

Sort of like saying "You're doing some good breathing there champ, keep it up"...

Rich...
08-12-2012, 05:54 PM
When I act like a douche Rich (http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/member.php?u=6669) hits me up the arse and then I snap out of it :lol:
Well it was a douche move...

You know we don't stop at stop signs and give way to traffic on an FNR...

Desmo
08-12-2012, 06:03 PM
Age (or more accurately,lack thereof) is definitely a precursor to douchenozzlery but it by no means a prerequisite.

marras
08-12-2012, 06:03 PM
Well it was a douche move...

You know we don't stop at stop signs and give way to traffic on an FNR...
Yes I will take my whack when it's due :(

Desmo
08-12-2012, 06:12 PM
Not sure hazing is correct...

No, not hazings, that's an initiation, but definitely some form of guidance and education program needs to be attempted.
As stated, take Bunyack as an example, he has turned into a relatively normal, well adjusted mammal.
Nowadays you can't tell anyone they are a douchebag without copping the ban hammer, and it's showing with the amount of douchenozzles being, well, douchenozzles.
More self regulation would be nice and it does work.

Rich...
08-12-2012, 06:22 PM
But the problem is freedom to be who you want to be...

If they want to be a douchenozzle that's their choice, and who are you to say it's the wrong choice...

That and they hit the report button...

Maxo
08-12-2012, 06:29 PM
That and they hit the report button...

Create a thread: Dud/False Reports.

Then add a disclaimer to the report button:

} IF YOU ARE ABOUT TO PISS OR MOAN ABOUT SOMETHING THAT IS ALMOST ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT, YOUR REPORT WILL END UP IN THE FALSE REPORTS THREAD {

Because some of the reports are worth airing, and some people need to take a holiday from clicking that inane fucking button.

marras
08-12-2012, 06:29 PM
But Desmo, how many people have called you a douche on this forum?

filbert
08-12-2012, 06:31 PM
That's a good point, but it's weird to give some one praise for being normal...

Sort of like saying "You're doing some good breathing there champ, keep it up"...

It's the only way they can handle it with the current school system and parents in general, if they do something wrong the teacher is wrong to berate them and others support them in that belief and parents even meet with teachers to tell then off for disciplining their children "you don't know little Johnny, he's a wonderful child and you shouldn't be yelling at him" douchenozzles are generally surrounded by a large number of enablers.
If you're just negative they allocate you to the "people who don't know or understand them" group, whereas if you can promote their positives then your later disapproval of a douchenozzle action may have some weight attached.
I'm not saying go make friends with a douche, I'm saying if you see redeeming features in them you can guide them, but too many are willing to be enablers on the verge of predatory behaviour supporting or ignoring the negative to keep whatever it is they get from that person flowing.

Desmo
08-12-2012, 06:31 PM
I never said its not their choice, they can feel free to act however they like but as Maxo stated, it should also be our prerogative to treat them in the way that is befitting their behaviour.
If this were a pub and in walks a douchenozzle and everyone called him out for acting like a nozzle does, what would happen?
They would either leave or modify their behaviour so that they weren't treated like the idiots they were acting like.
Here, they hit the report button and everyone else gets in the shit for calling a spade a spade and they get positive reinforcement that it's ok to act like a twat.
If that douchenozzle in the pub went and whinged to the bouncer because they got told to stop acting the way they were by multiple people, what do you think the bouncer's reply would be?
Stop acting like a douche or use the door, same in any workplace or social setting.
Yet it's different online. Why is that?

Desmo
08-12-2012, 06:36 PM
But Desmo, how many people have called you a douche on this forum?

A few, but I don't think I fit the "douche" label as much as Sookie, polonY, etc et al.
danmac appears to be one who also could be on that list unless swift corrections are made.
I prefer to view myself as a sometime dick.
I am also buoyed by the apparent fact that a large number of people agree with a lot of the things I say and the views I have, evident by the PMs and likes I get in relation to certain posts and douchenozzles.
Although, yes I do agree that I can be a dick at times.

Rich...
08-12-2012, 06:42 PM
... whereas if you can promote their positives then your later disapproval of a douchenozzle action may have some weight attached
So, "shit sandwich" them?

I never said its not their choice, they can feel free to act however they like but as Maxo (http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/member.php?u=6807) stated, it should also be our prerogative to treat them in the way that is befitting their behaviour.
If this were a pub and in walks a douchenozzle and everyone called him out for acting like a nozzle does, what would happen?
They would either leave or modify their behaviour so that they weren't treated like the idiots they were acting like.
Here, they hit the report button and everyone else gets in the shit for calling a spade a spade and they get positive reinforcement that it's ok to act like a twat.
If that douchenozzle in the pub went and whinged to the bouncer because they got told to stop acting the way they were by multiple people, what do you think the bouncer's reply would be?
Stop acting like a douche or use the door, same in any workplace or social setting.
Yet it's different online. Why is that?
I totally get that and agree that that's what would happen in a pub...

I think the difference online is the huge group just watching and nodding there heads aren't visible, so the douche thinks the silent majority is on their side...

So they go to the bouncer and say "that table of people is harrassing me"...

Do you think the bouncer would then act differently?

Maxo
08-12-2012, 06:43 PM

I've met a couple of people at psb events that find out who i am and say "what? you're him? you're a dick online! you're so much nicer in person!".

I'm not, but for some oddball fucking reason I can take the piss out of people in face to face conversation and not have them thrashing about on the ground in a tantrum, yelling for moderators to close the discussion.

Unfortunately online we only get to deal with someone's personality that'd otherwise be hidden under several layers of makeup, insecurities and niceties in person.

You fucking think people are going to be standing around a pub showing pictures of their partners tits to each other? fucking come on...

Desmo
08-12-2012, 06:45 PM
I think the bouncer would see a group of his regulars, know what they are like and then make an informed decision.
Mods here have the ability to actually view the entire situation, not like the bouncer that has to make a decision on a "he said, she said" basis.
The fact that you, a mod, are referring to them as douchenozzles means you have already answered your own question.

Rich...
08-12-2012, 06:46 PM
You fucking think people are going to be standing around a pub showing pictures of their partners tits to each other? fucking come on...

Ummm...yeah it happens...

Rich...
08-12-2012, 06:49 PM
I think the bouncer would see a group of his regulars, know what they are like and then make an informed decision.
Mods here have the ability to actually view the entire situation, not like the bouncer that has to make a decision on a "he said, she said" basis.
The fact that you, a mod, are referring to them as douchenozzles means you have already answered your own question.
I am also just a member Jim, and was a member for quite some time before I became a Mod, and attend many rides and functions, as a member...

And yes I see douchenozzles, I'm seeing quite a lot of them lately, hence the thread to look at views and ideas of how to deal with douchenozzles...

Maxo
08-12-2012, 06:50 PM
Ummm...yeah it happens...

To friends, yes.

But strangers? Really. Top it off with getting shitty at someone because you've shown them something average.

Like Jim said, you've answered your own question and this thread hasn't snowballed nearly enough.

Disappointed.

Rich...
08-12-2012, 06:53 PM
So Desmo, Maxo, the only way you see to deal with these douches is to bag the fuck out of them till they change or leave?

You know "Fit in or Fuck off"...

Desmo
08-12-2012, 06:54 PM
I'm seeing heaps of nozzles at the moment and I think going back to the days of a semi-self moderated forum where we the members get to have some say in the behaviours of those that join our community.
Perhaps as well as a Rich ban, we have a douchenozzle ban for hitting the report button or acting like a cock when the overwhelming weight of the community evidently feels a certain way?
And I know you're still a member, you just took a job at the pub you still drink in :)

Maxo
08-12-2012, 06:55 PM
So Desmo, Maxo, the only way you see to deal with these douches is to bag the fuck out of them till they change or leave?

You know "Fit in or Fuck off"...

Like i said, if you're going to act like a tool(in my opinion), i'm going to treat you like one or ignore you. I'm not a life coach for retards.

what should mods do? a creche.
like i've been saying.
for fucking years.
YEARS.

Desmo
08-12-2012, 06:58 PM
Dear Douchenozzle,

You have received a Yellow Sticker at Perth Street Bikes.

Reason: Being a douchenozzle/Use of the report post button when it is you that is acting like a twat.
-------

-------

This Yellow Sticker is worth 50 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire. We suggest you look at your behaviour and either modify it or continue to be treated how you act.

Original Post:
I'm a fucking douchenozzle

How's that?

Skut
08-12-2012, 07:01 PM
I've met a couple of people at psb events that find out who i am and say "what? you're him? you're a dick online! you're so much nicer in person!".

I must be an odd one, since yourself and Jim (whom I have not met in person) and Cam (whom I have) I consider to be online personae that are challenging (in a positive way) and can be reasoned with, even in the face of disagreement. This lends a certain robustness to debates that I enjoy and can only respect.

Rich...
08-12-2012, 07:01 PM
I'm just trying to think of a "softer" way to deal with the douches, where it isn't thrown in their face, and they are not shown to be douches in front of their friends, or the community...

You know a way to just highlight the douchenozzlery but without identifying the douche by name, so maybe the douche will think "hmmm maybe I did act like a douche there, I'll try and change my behaviour"

Desmo
08-12-2012, 07:03 PM
You are being too nice, Rich and you are buying into the mentality that filbert mentioned in his post.

Maxo
08-12-2012, 07:05 PM
I'm just trying to think of a "softer" way to deal with the douches, where it isn't thrown in their face, and they are not shown to be douches in front of their friends, or the community...

You know a way to just highlight the douchenozzlery but without identifying the douche by name, so maybe the douche will think "hmmm maybe I did act like a douche there, I'll try and change my behaviour"

That sounds like a terrible solution.

Lock them in the creche/kindergarten. Let them out when they can behave. If they can't, back in. Their peers should influence the way they decide to act.

Desmo
08-12-2012, 07:07 PM
Has anyone else copied "Douchenozzle" so they can paste it and not have to type it out each time?

Rich...
08-12-2012, 07:11 PM
Ok...

But what happens when you fill a room with douches?

Does that cure them or make them worse?

Some would never get out...

darkfibre
08-12-2012, 07:12 PM
But what happens when you fill a room with douches?

You get an internet forum.

Desmo
08-12-2012, 07:12 PM
Is it actually possible to make a forum where only douches can post and everyone else can see and not post?
Leave it unmoderated?

Maxo
08-12-2012, 07:13 PM
What a shame.

Social Darwinism, making PSB stronger since the creche was implemented.

ReCon
08-12-2012, 07:20 PM
Can said nozzlery be a side effect of youthful exuberance perhaps, with some taking longer to expel this genetic hiccup than others?

Looking back at when I was a young wanker bloke, I now want to hit myself in the face with a very sharp and heavy object. :mad:

filbert
08-12-2012, 07:23 PM

Shit sandwich them Rich :lol:

"your input to our forum is valued but please take note of the reactions it receives and adjust that input accordingly, your friends will always support you but as in this case they're not always doing so in your best interest."

to be honest when one person says "hey steady on" I'm more likely to review my behaviour than if it turns into a circle jerk of insults and I'm not even Gen Y

shan
08-12-2012, 08:11 PM
Meh
tis all perspective , I like the enough rope aproch myself

Sookie
08-12-2012, 08:26 PM
If your not in the kool kids klub you are a douchnozzle. one kkk member says something the rest of kkk bag it and like it :) fair and fun community! :D (ITS JUST LIKE REAL LIFE)

Rich...
08-12-2012, 08:28 PM
If your not in the kool kids klub you are a douchnozzle. one kkk member says something the rest of kkk bag it and like it :) fair and fun community! :D (ITS JUST LIKE REAL LIFE)
Now stop...

Read what you wrote a few times...

Is that something a douchenozzle would say?

Sookie
08-12-2012, 08:30 PM
I am king douchenozzle (I had to look up what this ment...)

Sunshine & F'n Rainbows
08-12-2012, 08:31 PM
I must be an odd one, since yourself and Jim (whom I have not met in person)

We should all get together next time he's in Perth (or we are up that way). I guarantee you the three of us would have a whale of a time.

**Edit: I say it every time, look at the way SomethingAwful moderate their shit and emulate it. Can't argue with their results.

darth lefty
08-12-2012, 08:38 PM
I think the days of Maxo, lee, Satan1, CitizenD, The Saint, Cam, Desmo et al letting someone know how much of a cockholster they're being are gone.

This makes me incredibly sad. The forum that I joined up to four years ago has evolved into this thing that I'm only scarcely familiar with now and I just don't know how I feel about it anymore.

filbert
08-12-2012, 08:39 PM
Now stop...

Read what you wrote a few times...

Is that something a douchenozzle would say?

That'll work Rich, it's no shit sandwich but they should get the message :lol: I'd laugh copping that in my inbox from a mod while I read my post again, but some are going to be beyond help regardless, the mentality that if they don't fit in it's everybody else at fault is too deeply entrenched.

Skut
08-12-2012, 10:59 PM

Oh really? I thought it was about what attracted one to a certain environment (this forum perhaps)? To then rail against what you may consider the KKK (which is a result of a certain like-mindedness rather than bum-buddy, back-slapping, yee-har! exclusivity I would imagine) is a little disingenuous.

To be honest, the thread that motivated this one did not show the best of PSB. It had suspect motivations and a kind of weird series of reactions that I would put down to a generic bad mood due to the impending Armageddon - some of the posts seemed seriously out of character. But hey, what do I know ;)

filbert
08-12-2012, 11:18 PM
Oh really? I thought it was about what attracted one to a certain environment (this forum perhaps)? To then rail against what you may consider the KKK (which is a result of a certain like-mindedness rather than bum-buddy, back-slapping, yee-har! exclusivity I would imagine) is a little disingenuous.

To be honest, the thread that motivated this one did not show the best of PSB. It had suspect motivations and a kind of weird series of reactions that I would put down to a generic bad mood due to the impending Armageddon - some of the posts seemed seriously out of character. But hey, what do I know ;)

Out of character or the veneer peeled back for a moment? I didn't see anything that blind Freddy didn't see coming, if you blow enough wind up someone's arse they'll have to fart eventually.

GreenMeanie
08-12-2012, 11:36 PM
I am also just a member Jim, and was a member for quite some time before I became a Mod, and attend many rides and functions, as a member...

And yes I see douchenozzles, I'm seeing quite a lot of them lately, hence the thread to look at views and ideas of how to deal with douchenozzles...

"He's a Mod, He's a Mod, yeah yeah yeah!"

Stop it Rich. I beginning to think this is a personal attack!
Douchenozzlers UNITE.

somebodyelse
09-12-2012, 12:22 AM
if you keep removing the lowest rung of the ladder
no one can get up

Desmo
09-12-2012, 12:30 AM
This isn't about climbing a ladder, that's a silly analogy.
It's about removing a few thorns, that's all.

filbert
09-12-2012, 01:11 AM
When did a forum become about being at the figurative top or bottom of a metaphorical ladder?

It's a shared space, you can give or you can take and it will find its own balance, there's no requirement to bump somebody else out of the way to add something, nobody gains or loses position by contributing or seeking assistance, there are some known for their wealth of topical knowledge or wisdom but they're not in your way if you have something to add, just as not knowing shit from clay about bikes or riding doesn't put you at the proverbial bottom of the ladder.

It's more like a river, we all flow through and the passage of time changes the size and the landscape, but every now and then a fish pops his head up convinced he's a rock and we all have to go around him, he'll either be eroded over time or give up of his own accord, or he could just realise he's a fish and swim along with everyone else.

Rich...
09-12-2012, 08:17 AM
Well that's the thing...

You can remove a douche or they can change their ways, but there's always another douche and always will be because it is relative...

devolved
09-12-2012, 08:19 AM
When did a forum become about being at the figurative top or bottom of a metaphorical ladder?

It's a shared space, you can give or you can take and it will find its own balance, there's no requirement to bump somebody else out of the way to add something, nobody gains or loses position by contributing or seeking assistance, there are some known for their wealth of topical knowledge or wisdom but they're not in your way if you have something to add, just as not knowing shit from clay about bikes or riding doesn't put you at the proverbial bottom of the ladder.

It's more like a river, we all flow through and the passage of time changes the size and the landscape, but every now and then a fish pops his head up convinced he's a rock and we all have to go around him, he'll either be eroded over time or give up of his own accord, or he could just realise he's a fish and swim along with everyone else.

Ouch - intelligent, well thought out and expressed posts hurt my eyes - can't look for type-os.

Maxo
09-12-2012, 08:22 AM
I think the days of Maxo, lee, Satan1, CitizenD, The Saint, Cam, Desmo et al letting someone know how much of a cockholster they're being are gone.

This makes me incredibly sad. The forum that I joined up to four years ago has evolved into this thing that I'm only scarcely familiar with now and I just don't know how I feel about it anymore.

Maybe it's because someone hasn't bothered to maintain the brand that they're so eager to enforce?

Rich...
09-12-2012, 08:27 AM
That's another point...

The members who join now don't know or understand how the forum used to be...

So they think this Holden is great, but we know it used to be a Merc...

It is a numbers thing and happens in any group of any number greater than two...

Two people can get along and compromise...

When the number becomes three at some stage one person as to do the compromising and thus feels, "ganged up on"...

Maxo
09-12-2012, 08:39 AM
That's another point...

The members who join now don't know or understand how the forum used to be...

So they think this Holden is great, but we know it used to be a Merc...

It is a numbers thing and happens in any group of any number greater than two...

Two people can get along and compromise...

When the number becomes three at some stage one person as to do the compromising and thus feels, "ganged up on"...

Maybe rather than ostracizing the trolls that are diluting content, reward the contributing members (not only the corporate supporters).

If things are going peachy, then this whole thread is moot, but if PSB is actually starting to lose traction in droves, why not bring back back something like certified? <insert groaning>

Why'd that get shitcanned anyway?

to prove my point a little further:

a while ago i posted this as a pisstake
http://i39.tinypic.com/vxdto2.jpg
Fig1.

This was scorned by the god of PSB, "damaging the brand" or something. I understood that.

BUT

This is the psb logo.
http://d2kc0q60p107wd.cloudfront.net/forum/images/misc/psb_vb_header.gif
Fig2.

Talk about damaging the brand all you want, but if i had to pick one of these two logos as being the one more appropriate for PSB, it sure as hell wouldn't be Fig2.

Let me be clear, it's not because i've got it in for psb, but the community is represented much better by a nerdy keyboard warrior than a wheelie and stoppie dude.

Rich...
09-12-2012, 08:50 AM
Although Certified was great fun it doesn't really work, you are creating a clique of the main group, this will always cause problems...

The Rep system didn't work due to circle jerking. It probably works on forums where people don't socialise in real life...

But some sort of system like the Rep system could possibly work...

You also know the negative Rep didn't work due to people being on MSN and grouping together and down Repping people...

Maxo
09-12-2012, 08:56 AM
Although Certified was great fun it doesn't really work, you are creating a clique of the main group

Cliques happen anyway, human nature. What's the issue here?

But some sort of system like the Rep system could possibly work...

Doesn't work half as well as the certified system.

Heretic
09-12-2012, 08:59 AM
Maybe rather than ostracizing the trolls that are diluting content, reward the contributing members (not only the corporate supporters).

If things are going peachy, then this whole thread is moot, but if PSB is actually starting to lose traction in droves, why not bring back back something like certified? <insert groaning>

Why'd that get shitcanned anyway?

this was scorned by the god of PSB, "damaging the brand" or something. I understood that.

Talk about damaging the brand all you want, but if i had to pick one of these two logos as being the one more appropriate for PSB, it sure as hell wouldn't be Fig2.

Let me be clear, it's not because i've got it in for psb, but the community is represented much better by a nerdy keyboard warrior than a wheelie and stoppie dude.

i think you nailed it there Maxo
every brand / product needs to evolve with its customer base to maintain relevancy

Rich...
09-12-2012, 09:02 AM
I agree cliques are human nature...

Once you name that clique though and have restricted entry to it it's no longer a clique of the main group, it is now a new group...

Heretic
09-12-2012, 09:05 AM
yes, as you say, PSB is a unique forum because the members socialize and ride together, from what i see there are already cliques and when cliques collide you may get douchenozzle

Maxo
09-12-2012, 09:11 AM
I agree cliques are human nature...

Once you name that clique though and have restricted entry to it it's no longer a clique of the main group, it is now a new group...

Psb IS a clique. A strong community wants everyone to feel like they're a part of that clique.

All certified does is eliminate the anonymity that some of the faggots currently diluting this forum seem to hide in.
I'm more accountable for the shit i post here because I personally have met lots of, if not all the moderators and a tonne of the long time members.

what you're creating is an inverse of the creche, where people that are active members, that want to further PSB, can congregate, share ideas and post stuff out of the clear public eye without having to answer to a pack of douche nozzles that claim to 'only be friends with a couple of people on this otherwise terrible forum', or similar types.

Rich...
09-12-2012, 09:16 AM
Psb IS a clique. A strong community wants everyone to feel like they're a part of that clique.

All certified does is eliminate the anonymity that some of the faggots currently diluting this forum seem to hide in.
I'm more accountable for the shit i post here because I personally have met lots of, if not all the moderators and a tonne of the long time members.

Very good point...

I believe it is that anonymity that people use to post shit, big note themselves, and other shit...

I suppose that is something about Certified, is that every personally new every other person or maybe one step of separation...

Maxo
09-12-2012, 09:17 AM
Very good point...

I believe it is that anonymity that people use to post shit, big note themselves, and other shit...

I suppose that is something about Certified, is that every personally new every other person or maybe one step of separation...

exactly. Top that off with the very real threat of losing your status for acting like a twat (by a member vote) and all of a sudden you're always accountable for your actions.

Rich...
09-12-2012, 09:18 AM
I can't remember how many were in Certified when it closed, but sooner or later you won't know everyone, the group will get to big...

It would require people to get out and socialise in real life to maintain the group...

Heretic
09-12-2012, 09:23 AM
that would make the group a club?

Uncle Stinky
09-12-2012, 09:24 AM
Certified will only turn out as an engine for people to big note themselves and think they are better than everyone else.IMHO

Rich...
09-12-2012, 09:30 AM
Certified will only turn out as an engine for people to big note themselves and think they are better than everyone else.IMHO

It was not like that at all...

The people that were in Certified didn't speak about it on the forum, and were all mates who had met in real life so that it was known who they were in real life...

I had been a member for some time and had ridden and met many people...

I came home one night after an FNR, logged in to PSB an was met with a banner saying welcome to Certified...

I believe part of the problem was that the Certified section did start to become general knowledge and people felt laft out...

Maxo
09-12-2012, 09:32 AM

People are already accused of that.

The solution is working to become certified yourself. Put in the time to be a part of the community.

Uncle Stinky
09-12-2012, 09:34 AM
We shall see I guess

Maxo
09-12-2012, 09:36 AM
We shall see I guess

See what?

It was a part of psb before, it worked fine.

Before you go into "well you were a part of it so that's why it worked": I wasn't certified.

Heretic
09-12-2012, 09:39 AM
Maxo, is that the online community or the real life community - i so confuse

Uncle Stinky
09-12-2012, 09:39 AM
Maybe it worked before maybe it Will now who really knows.

shan
09-12-2012, 09:42 AM
Back a few years and PSB was one and the same for the most part

Maxo
09-12-2012, 09:43 AM

I guess one comes with the other.
I think the lack of organised events and large attendances could be put down to people being a part of an internet forum, not 'perths sports motorbike community'.

Maybe it worked before maybe it Will now who really knows.

Why all the 'up in the air' comments?

Nail on the head.

Rich...
09-12-2012, 09:45 AM
Yes, and that was due to the small number of members and the fact that a vast majority of the members were active posters, riders and partiers...

shan
09-12-2012, 09:52 AM
Yes, and that was due to the small number of members and the fact that a vast majority of the members were active posters, riders and partiers...
we haz kids now :lol:

Heretic
09-12-2012, 09:53 AM
ok, so is PSB today an online community, a forum, the onlline presence of a real life community, or is it a business ( Pty Ltd )

Maxo
09-12-2012, 09:54 AM
ok, so is PSB today an online community, a forum, the onlline presence of a real life community, or is it a business ( Pty Ltd )

Good question!

:D

Rich...
09-12-2012, 10:00 AM
That is another good point...

I was not a Commercial Enterprise back in the day. In saying that I doubt Deej is making a brass razzo out of it and possibly has never recovered the money he put in for many years to run it...

I think it pays for itself nowadays and that's about it...

shan
09-12-2012, 10:03 AM
its more a fremasons for the PSB elite :cool:
couldent help that one , sorry :lol:

Heretic
09-12-2012, 10:20 AM
That is another good point...

going around in a big circle then and back to OP, i think if you can get a clear direction on that one, you'll know with how to deal with the "douchenozzles", because then they will be part of a community, users on a forum, or customer - asset or revenue stream and you can deal accordingly

Rich...
09-12-2012, 10:27 AM
Well I think you could cross customer off the list as they have access to everything without having to pay for it, and they aren't forced to click ads...

We are all forum users, but I think the community bit has faded away...

The face to face members are now a small percentage of the total, so the sense of community has waned...

filbert
09-12-2012, 10:58 AM
there does seem to be an inferiority complex among some, i have never been a paid supporter and have only seen a rare few occasions where those of us not paying were referred to negatively and it wasn't by moderators or staff.

i live in bunbury and rarely find a ride that fits my timetable, i've only found the opportunity to shadow someone through the forum twice so besides trying to answer questions on here i really have nothing special to offer the PSB community.

yet i still haven't found this inner circle of supposedly elite members that closes people out, i talk to moderators like someone i just met just as i do with all other members, occasionally i clash with someone either through misunderstanding or me being a bit heavy handed with taking the piss but that even happens among friends, you learn the boundaries and someones usual intent by interaction.

there seem to be a few and not just new members who want what others seem to have and feel they have a right to have it, but it is the intangible, it's the back and forth between people developing a level of trust and respect and finding common interest, it's not something you have to fight someone for position to attain, if you choose to limit your interaction only to those who pat you on the back for being you and support your every action then of course you're going to think they're the only good people on the forum, but that in turn makes you the group that closes people out.

tl;dr if you feel PSB has elite groups maybe it is you making the discrimination and limiting yourself to a clique, the fact that you feel inferior doesn't mean that someone else thinks they are superior.

Heretic
09-12-2012, 11:03 AM
i dont envy your moderator role at all Rich, without clear guidelines you have to make it up as you go along somewhat and with it being pulled from one direction to another depending on who you talk to

eep

darkfibre
09-12-2012, 11:12 AM
Clearly there should be an elite, and the elite are those who ride. (or those who are building/fixing).

Old frt
09-12-2012, 11:43 AM
Clearly there should be an elite, and the elite are those who ride. (or those who are building/fixing).

As much as I despise the term "elite" can we put a little asterisk next to their user names so we know when we are in the prescence of superior beings.

There are many on this forum I have the utmost respect for but I woudn't consider them to be elite and respecting somebody will never stop me taking the piss out of them, given the opportunity.

As for stupid posts, just ignore them, why bother responding to an idiot, you only encourage them.

Rich...
09-12-2012, 11:47 AM
As for stupid posts, just ignore them, why bother responding to an idiot, you only encourage them.

Another good point...

Does just ignoring them work?

Sunshine & F'n Rainbows
09-12-2012, 11:52 AM
I think the days of Maxo (http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/member.php?u=6807), lee (http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/member.php?u=6779), Satan1 (http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/member.php?u=9109), CitizenD (http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/member.php?u=5445), The Saint (http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/member.php?u=8016), Cam (http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/member.php?u=7958), Desmo (http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/member.php?u=7104) et al letting someone know how much of a cockholster they're being are gone.

I don't have the time.

I'm honestly too busy with life/more important shit than to troll PSB or actively be engaged by it, or commenting on raging fucking retards.

The morons will either figure themselves out eventually, or they won't. No skin off my nose, I'll just keep on doing my own thing. Being deathly honest, occasionally checking in on some MAD stuff on here is about the only reason I log in anymore.

chew
09-12-2012, 11:54 AM
As much as I despise the term "elite" can we put a little asterisk next to their user names so we know when we are in the prescence of superior beings.

There are many on this forum I have the utmost respect for but I woudn't consider them to be elite and respecting somebody will never stop me taking the piss out of them, given the opportunity.

Another good point...

Was that a trap?

Old frt
09-12-2012, 12:43 PM
Another good point...

Works for me, but it would require much restraint from fellow PSBers to have any real effect.;)

On the subject of elitism though, the like button is useful and saves space but I find the like count totally unnecessary.

Anyway, gotta go, I have a barbie to attend and talk face to face with folk.

Must remember to smile instead of scowling at a screen.:lol:

Bendito
09-12-2012, 02:18 PM
if you blow enough wind up someone's arse they'll have to fart eventually.

Gold.

Crobbo
09-12-2012, 03:16 PM
How did certified work back in the day?

I'm guilty of not attending rides, but if it meant more people went and got to know each other I think it would be awesome.

It's much easier for people to be a dick to someone if they never have to meet them face to face.

Rich...
09-12-2012, 05:43 PM
You went on rides, you met people, they got to know you...

Then people decided if you got in I believe...

thro
09-12-2012, 11:23 PM

I believe that the whole Pty Ltd thing is a legal liability precaution, to make it harder/less likely for an individual to be personally sued for libellous remarks on here (or otherwise landing the forum management in hot water for similarly dubious shit).

It's not a business for the purposes of actually making money as far as I'm aware. I'm sure deej has far more profitable ventures on the go :D

Crobbo
09-12-2012, 11:41 PM
^^ It is a Pty Ltd to protect the founder, effectively its in its own little bubble if anything were to go wrong.

I Like ( . Y . )
10-12-2012, 07:08 AM
wait is this about people acting like fuckwits errr Douchenozzles or about the business side of PSB?

Sunshine & F'n Rainbows
10-12-2012, 01:04 PM
wait is this about people acting like fuckwits errr Douchenozzles or about the business side of PSB?

Are you convinced those are separate issues?

Rat750
10-12-2012, 01:05 PM
http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=80317&d=1355111233

Rich...
10-12-2012, 10:05 PM
So here's a another thought...

Does continually pointing out to a douchenozzle that they are a douchenozzle make you a douchenozzle?

Oh yeah and apparently I'm using the word douchenozzle too many times which makes me worse than a douchenozzle...

note: please use the word douchenozzle sparingly because otherwise you will be a douchenozzle and the rest of us will have to create a new word to define those who are more of a douche than a douche and a douchenozzle.

marras
10-12-2012, 10:08 PM

Does continually pointing out to a douchenozzle that they are a douchenozzle make you a douchenozzle?

Oh yeah and apparently I'm using the word douchenozzle too many times which makes me worse than a douchenozzle...
Looks like I'm the new douchenozzle :(

GreenMeanie
10-12-2012, 10:09 PM

Hang on! This is not about me at all!
This is about Desmo isn't Rich?

Manyak
10-12-2012, 10:20 PM
Rich, serious question: If we know douchenozzle make any community a worse environment for the contributing members, why are they protected here? Why are we at risks of bans for the flaming that makes their existence seem worth it (just!).

I just don't get why all the guys that usually have positive input, aren't allowed to call people out when their attitudes/decisions/way of thinking are just shit.

Understand if you have a totally different view, but the way I see it douchenozzle make me cringe when they post utter bullshit in an otherwise awesome forum.

I Like ( . Y . )
10-12-2012, 10:22 PM
What about a Douchenoob?

Shady7/8
10-12-2012, 10:27 PM
Here I'll call it.

Sookie is a complete and utter douchenozzled fuckwitard. a retardation on a level never seen before, even in the early days of Bunyack & T-roy.

The sooner he's gone, or pulls his fucking head in, and the decent contributing members of PSB can get back to doing what they do best, the better we'll all be.

Rich...
10-12-2012, 10:39 PM
Rich, serious question: If we know douchenozzle make any community a worse environment for the contributing members, why are they protected here? Why are we at risks of bans for the flaming that makes their existence seem worth it (just!).

I just don't get why all the guys that usually have positive input, aren't allowed to call people out when their attitudes/decisions/way of thinking are just shit.

Understand if you have a totally different view, but the way I see it douchenozzle make me cringe when they post utter bullshit in an otherwise awesome forum.

Here I'll call it.

Sookie is a complete and utter douchenozzled fuckwitard. a retardation on a level never seen before, even in the early days of Bunyack (http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/member.php?u=7222) & T-roy (http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/member.php?u=9151).

That is why?

Some douchenozzles can be saved and become great members of the community...

Some end up on a different forum...

jobbo
10-12-2012, 10:41 PM

Well yes actually if you continue the same repetitive manner without getting results then it displays a douchelike inability to see how the form your communication is taking is failing to have an impact and your perseverance goes beyond ironic similarity and off the edge into nozzle territory.

Pointing out douchenozzlery is not insightful. Pointing out the mental mechanics going on in such a mind, softened with compassion, has true potential to spark the lightbulb of understanding in the mind of the douchenozzle, and this is where wisdom lies.

Failing that, dismiss them and know you did your best, because if kind truth and reason have not arisen understanding in the douchenozzle...nothing will.

Manyak
10-12-2012, 10:49 PM
That is why?

Some douchenozzles can be saved and become great members of the community...

Some end up on a different forum...

I didn't see what happened to Bunyack/T-Roy.. Was it pre 09?

What fixed them? Time/flaming?

AZAZL
10-12-2012, 10:49 PM
I may have some input into this. I met some riders recently and when discussing PSB and my belief that many people were just bots, they confirmed two things. Woody was a real person, who in fact turned up late for the ride. And I met him. And he was human and quite nice. AND, more surprising, Sookie was a real person who was just a bit intellectually challenged.

Well that's cool. If he is a real person and says stupid things, who cares, he rides.

I just hope he realises that intellect is relative and it is cool if he is err, a little dumb.

Manyak
10-12-2012, 10:52 PM
Sookie was a real person who was just a bit intellectually challenged.

I thought he was an engineer that gets flown to site to fix toilets whilst also making massive botched business deals for the company?

Skut
10-12-2012, 11:12 PM
This kind of discussion has is not new. Call it a passing of the guard if you will, or simply a shame, but I still miss the "old" PSB.

However; a forum needs relevance for it's members (something it has to be product of) and for every perceived "negative" there is a "positive" - call this a social dynamic and let it play out. In other words, don't just shit-can a debate once it gets heated - let it hang on a little to separate valid argument from name-calling (personal insults to be reported)

I am happy to be wrong - only if the journey to that is robust and convincing ;)

edit: BTW a lot of the angst in this thread is about people being dicks and no-one having a great response... (Bhuddhist moment) "Think again"

Rich I think a period of less moderation (bar reporting) might clear the air a little - and make life easier for mods. Let some debates run their course, and test the nature of PSB contribution...

Glenn 74
10-12-2012, 11:48 PM

If you are going where I think and hope you are with this Rich.

- Maybe we could just accept people for who they are, without feeling the need to judge, ridicule and criticise. Caring advice and constructive criticism yes, but lets face it, that is not what is happening here.

- Maybe some of the people on here could come up with a list of reasons as to why they are so perfect and in a position to decide who is and isn't a so called douche. Seriously, what is it that makes some people on here think that they are somehow better than others ?, what, because they happened to join a forum earlier than someone else ?

- Maybe those that want to be part of a seperate group to seperate them from the other members should decide if they really want new members on here.

Just my opinion. I hate to see people being bullied. Let me guess, Im the duche yea ?.

filbert
11-12-2012, 12:32 AM
If you are going where I think and hope you are with this Rich.

- Maybe we could just accept people for who they are, without feeling the need to judge, ridicule and criticise. Caring advice and constructive criticism yes, but lets face it, that is not what is happening here.

- Maybe some of the people on here could come up with a list of reasons as to why they are so perfect and in a position to decide who is and isn't a so called douche. Seriously, what is it that makes some people on here think that they are somehow better than others ?, what, because they happened to join a forum earlier than someone else ?

- Maybe those that want to be part of a seperate group to seperate them from the other members should decide if they really want new members on here.

Just my opinion. I hate to see people being bullied. Let me guess, Im the duche yea ?.

Well that's just completely fucked my night, I actually have to agree with you, you are the douche.....

:lol: nah that's not the bit I agree with :lol:

there are lines being crossed leaning heavily towards bullying, sure we might have our opinions of some and plenty might agree but there's still a person at the other end of that internet connection.

I'm just as guilty as the next guy of taking the piss and even taking it too far but systematically berating a forum user without abating crosses that line, sometimes it's even funny if you're not the one on the receiving end, but a bit of empathy goes a long way.

It's not going to hurt anyone to sit back for a while and let this sink in, send your pms tell the douchenozzle he's being a douchenozzle if you're that way inclined but let the poor bugger have a chance to do something about it :)

Crobbo
11-12-2012, 07:13 AM
How many chances do they get?

Shady7/8
11-12-2012, 07:57 AM
This kind of discussion has is not new. Call it a passing of the guard if you will, or simply a shame, but I still miss the "old" PSB.

However; a forum needs relevance for it's members (something it has to be product of) and for every perceived "negative" there is a "positive" - call this a social dynamic and let it play out. In other words, don't just shit-can a debate once it gets heated - let it hang on a little to separate valid argument from name-calling (personal insults to be reported)

NO!! We can't be seen to have any negativity. Any heated discussion or debate will be shut down immediately, and the thread removed to maintain the harmony.

Guess which ex-mod I'm playing :D

Desmo
11-12-2012, 07:59 AM
What fixed them? Time/flaming?

Yes.

CitizenD
11-12-2012, 08:04 AM
NO!! We can't be seen to have any negativity. Any heated discussion or debate will be shut down immediately, and the thread removed to maintain the harmony.

Guess which ex-mod I'm playing :D

All of them.

Manyak
11-12-2012, 08:04 AM

That's one of the biggest problems IMHO.. Lets look at yesterdays events:

*Douchenozzle post stupid thread about dodgy workmanship on bike he's selling
*Douchenozzle gets flamed and berated for being a Douchenozzle
*Douchenozzle barely replies when being flamed (PSB is instantly a better place)
*Rich comes in and tells DoucheHunters to leave the Douchenozzle alone - this is backed up with the every constant threat of a ban
*Douchenozzle then takes advantage of this and revives 3 or 4 of his past threads that were all controversial

So tell me what the correct action is? Who cares if he can be saved! Why is it our issue if some fucktard on an internet forum can become a better person. I'm not here to save the Douchenozzles.. I'm here to help those that know less than me & learn from those that know more than me. All while having a good time with a bunch of cool people who are in to bikes and tits.

EDIT:

Yes.
So did they have the mods constantly saving them from the ass whooping PSB used to hand out so well?

Shady7/8
11-12-2012, 08:06 AM
All of them.

Missed you <3

Desmo
11-12-2012, 08:08 AM
So did they have the mods constantly saving them from the ass whooping PSB used to hand out so well?
No, they'd make idiots of themselves and everything was left to run it's course.
I honestly think that the pack raping they got bettered their lives.

Desmo
11-12-2012, 08:13 AM
*Rich comes in and tells DoucheHunters to leave the Douchenozzle alone - this is backed up with the every constant threat of a ban......I'm here to help those that know less than me & learn from those that know more than me.

I've had this recently in technical threads where I actually might know something and where the OP is just being an idiot.
I try to help and offer advice, OP is a twat and no one is willing to step in and back me up or berate the OP because they are afraid of copping a swift kicking from the banhammer.
OP then by default and the verbosity of his posts believes he is correct.
This is why I stopped inputting in tech threads and after this last couple I've been involved in, I doubt I will again in the future.

Manyak
11-12-2012, 08:16 AM
No, they'd make idiots of themselves and everything was left to run it's course.
I honestly think that the pack raping they got bettered their lives.
That's what I think needs to happen as well.. I've got a fun Douchenozzles story:

Got this guy at work who is a MASSIVE DOUCHENOZZLE.. None of us supervisors like him as he's just a trouble maker that likes to waste ours & the other drivers time. None of the other drivers even like him with many refusing to help out if he's ever stuck/delayed/broken down. So anyway he comes in with a Ducati 1198 one day and sits at my desk trying to talk bikes with me. So PSB comes up and I ask him if he's on here, this is his reply "Oh I joined there but there's that one guy that was just a massive wanker so I left.. I think he's name was Desmo"

I looked at him with a straight face and replied "oh yeah, I like that guy. He makes PSB a better place I reckon". He walked away and hasn't tried to talk bikes with me since.

So thank you Desmo - for your clean up services & Mods, it's not always a bad thing when douchenozzles leave PSB. Some of them are just real life, no hope, pain in the arse douchenozzles!

Desmo
11-12-2012, 08:19 AM
It's good to know that I'm right. Yet again :)

Barfridge
11-12-2012, 09:10 AM
modest too

Hornet
11-12-2012, 09:15 AM
I see nothing has changed while I've been gone.

Barfy is still a dick.

Hornet
11-12-2012, 09:18 AM
So this new term I'm hearing, douchenozzle - would this be one of them? http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/f82/correctly-apply-wet-look-tyre-shine-146116/ ?

Manyak
11-12-2012, 09:23 AM
So this new term I'm hearing, douchenozzle - would this be one of them? http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/f82/correctly-apply-wet-look-tyre-shine-146116/ ?

No - is their Cult God!

Rich...
11-12-2012, 06:33 PM
That's one of the biggest problems IMHO.. Lets look at yesterdays events:

*Douchenozzle post stupid thread about dodgy workmanship on bike he's selling
*Douchenozzle gets flamed and berated for being a Douchenozzle
*Douchenozzle barely replies when being flamed (PSB is instantly a better place)
*Rich comes in and tells DoucheHunters to leave the Douchenozzle alone - this is backed up with the every constant threat of a ban
*Douchenozzle then takes advantage of this and revives 3 or 4 of his past threads that were all controversial

So tell me what the correct action is? Who cares if he can be saved! Why is it our issue if some fucktard on an internet forum can become a better person. I'm not here to save the Douchenozzles.. I'm here to help those that know less than me & learn from those that know more than me. All while having a good time with a bunch of cool people who are in to bikes and tits.

EDIT:

You have no idea what is going on in the background...

The problem with letting things go is it does resort to name calling and personal insults...general school yard stuff...

The report button gets used, and rightly so in some instances...

Why the fuck do people have to comment with shit if a Douchenozzle is doing something stupid...let them do shit, maybe it will teach them a greater lesson than your shit comment...

You know why I come in the thread...it's in On topic section of the forum, you know the stuff about motorbikes, so I would like to see that content as sensible contribution, otherwise whats the point, just shit up the whole place...

PSB was a lot different...when I joined I was around user number 1500 to 1600, somewhere in there...

There were probably 100 heavy users, so it was a little different...

The thing you have to remember is a n00b comes in and starts looking thru the forum and sees a guy asking a question and then everyone attacking them...He doesn't know the history behind it, he just sees a guy getting attacked for asking a question...do you think he's going to be keen to now ask a question?

Or even he sees it and thinks "cool I can get my rage on here, derp" and starts hanging shit left right and centre like a tool..."But they were doing it, derp"...

Aufitt
11-12-2012, 06:38 PM
Starting more Lambs threads = Instant Douchenozzlery.

Old frt
11-12-2012, 06:44 PM
Not sure wether ewe spelt that correctly.

Sonik
11-12-2012, 06:44 PM
Maybe it's a good thing for n00bs to be a little scared of the post button. Maybe they could spend some time lurking, learning the way the forum works and learning how to search for the answers to n00b questions that have been answered eleventy billion times.

Or we could just have another thread about how much insurance costs, what chain lube to use or (my personal favourite) did I just get fined by that camera? I wasn't speeding :(

Rich...
11-12-2012, 06:48 PM
In some way a "n00b pack" should probably go out to every new user immediately as they join...

Telling them this and that, a few pointers as to how to survive here and stuff...

But most wouldn't read it, or like riding a 250 on your RE, think it doesn't apply to them...

Barfridge
11-12-2012, 06:52 PM
PS. It's fucking LAMS, I think that will become the new poor ban (as opposed to a Rich ban, geddit?) - starting new LAMS threads, or calling it LAMBS.

Sonik
11-12-2012, 06:58 PM
Rich: Nah fuck that. More flaming is key.

If I've learned anything about forums it's that most barely read anything. Especially instructions, rules or anything posted on the previous page(s).

On that note, the sentence "I haven't read the other comments but... " shits me. It's usually followed by something irrelevant to the current direction of the thread or been said before in the thread and how can you expect people to listen to your opinion when you haven't taken the time to listen to (read?) theirs?

Nine
11-12-2012, 06:59 PM
I think calling it LAMBS is just pulling the wool over readers eyes

Rich...
11-12-2012, 07:02 PM
The list continues to grow...:wallbash:

shan
11-12-2012, 07:03 PM
I like flaming dickheads

Aufitt
11-12-2012, 07:04 PM
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t316/chaoticdismay/signatures/search_it_noobgif.gif

Nine
11-12-2012, 07:05 PM
Haha sorry gents.

shan
11-12-2012, 07:05 PM
Fuck your good autfitt

Aufitt
11-12-2012, 07:10 PM
Fuck your good autfitt

*you're

(sorry couldnt resist, :) getting in before a certain grumblebum)

Old frt
11-12-2012, 07:31 PM
The list continues to grow...:wallbash:

You seem a bit tetchy Rich.

Are you getting enough sleep mate?:lol:

shan
11-12-2012, 07:34 PM
*you're

(sorry couldnt resist, :) getting in before a certain grumblebum)
Sorry in return
that is way over my head, no shit .

Glenn 74
11-12-2012, 09:37 PM
In some way a "n00b pack" should probably go out to every new user immediately as they join...

Telling them this and that, a few pointers as to how to survive here and stuff...

But most wouldn't read it, or like riding a 250 on your RE, think it doesn't apply to them...

I like this.

You know, when the new kid at work is asking me "how do we do whatever" and I`m thinking "dude, I showed you this yesterday and twice last week ffs..". I remind myself that I was the noob guy at some stage, we were all the noob guy at some stage....

Of couse there is a limit to this and I can understand the frustration of the long term members with some stuff that gets posted. Fuck, the LAMS thing is even starting to give me the shits and I am a noob.

pest
12-12-2012, 08:52 AM
How about when a new thread is started we have a "douche button" on the original post, and if the button gets clicked 10+ times the poster of the douche thread gets a badge added to their avatar to indicate the infraction. That way the tribe can speak and people will hopefully think before starting a new thread.

Desmo
12-12-2012, 09:06 AM
It's not just about new threads though.
And as soon as you start adding things like "douche" buttons, you'll have all the noobs circle jerking each other on MSN to shut down legitimate posters.

Crobbo
12-12-2012, 09:29 AM
People still use MSN?

Commander Keen
12-12-2012, 10:14 AM
Old people still use MSN

Fixed

danmac
12-12-2012, 02:13 PM
A few, but I don't think I fit the "douche" label as much as Sookie, polonY, etc et al.
danmac appears to be one who also could be on that list unless swift corrections are made.
I prefer to view myself as a sometime dick.
I am also buoyed by the apparent fact that a large number of people agree with a lot of the things I say and the views I have, evident by the PMs and likes I get in relation to certain posts and douchenozzles.

Strange reading a thread you havent seen before and seeing yourself mentioned :lol:

I never try to be a douchenozzle, though at times the next day i look over a thread i posted and think wow i was a douchenozzle. I acknowledge this.

but, i've noticed that it takes one person to disagree with the way you worded something for you to become a massive douchenozzle.

I realize alot of you older riders who have seen alot of douchenozzles come and go, so you know one when you see one.
I have been trying to stay away from keyboard fights, after my first couple, because i know i cant win, and it just seems so unneccasary to get that upset that another noob wants to know something they don't know.

Alot of my posts/threads have been stupid, but they've always been with the intent of helping or trying to learn, and i try to be as polite as possible, but theres always something that gets worded wrong, and you guys bring the hammer down on that.

once again i don't try to be a douchenozzle, but i come accross as one, so i don't see why social alienation is necessary.

you can't expect there to be no noobs.

(this post was written with no implied attitude or anger :lol:)

Rich...
12-12-2012, 05:05 PM
Dude...it's all about how who respond when they bring the hammer down...

Manyak
12-12-2012, 05:07 PM
Who you talking to Rich? Danmac imploded thanks to the PSB flaming. Check the Help section.

Bunyack
12-12-2012, 05:12 PM
oh wow, I get so many mentions. Thanks, jerks.

I'm still the same Douchenozzle I always was, I just don't get on PSB as much.

Rich...
12-12-2012, 05:15 PM
oh wow, I get so many mentions. Thanks, jerks.

I'm still the same Douchenozzle I always was, I just don't get on PSB as much.

You were never a douchenozzle...

Just your regular douche...

:wub:

Rich...
12-12-2012, 05:19 PM
Who you talking to Rich? Danmac imploded thanks to the PSB flaming. Check the Help section.
Just generally talking...your post just brought some points up...

This thread wasn't meant to cause people to leave, just to stop and think about their behaviour...

And that's both sides, the douches and the flamers...

danmac will be back...

agrid
12-12-2012, 05:26 PM
I would like to think this thread would get three sides of PSB to stop and think about their behaviour... the douches, the flamers and the mods.

Rich...
12-12-2012, 05:47 PM
and the mods.
And what is it you would like us to do?

GreenMeanie
12-12-2012, 06:03 PM
Pizza and ice cream would be nice.

AZAZL
12-12-2012, 06:04 PM
Pizza and ice cream would be nice.

I don't DO sweet with savoury.

filbert
12-12-2012, 06:06 PM
I would like to think this thread would get three sides of PSB to stop and think about their behaviour... the douches, the flamers and the mods.

i would have thought this thread was evidence of at least one mod stopping and thinking

Manyak
12-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Just generally talking...your post just brought some points up...

This thread wasn't meant to cause people to leave, just to stop and think about their behaviour...

And that's both sides, the douches and the flamers...

danmac will be back...

I don't think it was because of this thread.. I think it was the pub that was the final nail in the coffin.

I think this thread has done well to clear the air with regards to why people flame the douchenozzles and why mods delete it. Also, if a noobs thinks twice about posting because of this thread, then that's an added bonus :D

Rich...
12-12-2012, 06:11 PM
i would have thought this thread was evidence of at least one mod stopping and thinking
A prize for filbert...

Rich...
12-12-2012, 06:13 PM
danmac admitted he can be a douchenozzle...

That means he can be saved as he realises he has a problem...

somebodyelse
12-12-2012, 06:14 PM
my mother always told me
that you've got two ears and only one mouth
so you you should listen twice as much as you talk
trouble with online is
i got two eyes and TEN fingers

filbert
12-12-2012, 06:17 PM

i happened to have a pm conversation with another who no longer thinks they're just a victim or that you were picking on them, time will tell but it was taken pretty seriously and we could see some real change :)

agrid
12-12-2012, 06:22 PM

Lead by example.

Manyak
12-12-2012, 06:23 PM

Even before he admitted it I thought he wasn't too bad. He's only semi douche cause while be does ark up pretty bad when he thinks he's being attacked, he's still pretty open to advice/criticism.

The douchenozzles are the ones that think they're above the people who's advice they asked for and have it in their heads that we're just 'jealous haters'. And the ones that post absolute shit!

Rich...
12-12-2012, 06:24 PM
Lead by example.
What? be role models for a whole forum?

Old frt
12-12-2012, 06:26 PM
A prize for filbert...

Steady on Rich...

Filbert doesn't deserve a ban surely. :)

filbert
12-12-2012, 06:34 PM
Steady on Rich...

Filbert doesn't deserve a ban surely. :)

sure i do :) pretty sure i've only just managed to skirt around the edges of a few

but i come in peace to share a laugh here and there :P

Buffle
12-12-2012, 07:05 PM
Why can't douchenozzles be called out as douchenozzles on PSB? Google ads, that's why.

Because while you may think it's all fun and games, when you are sitting on the train surrounded by school-leaver aged girls and decide to switch to Safari view on your iPhone and an ad comes up asking if you have a vaginal odour problem....well, it's not so harmless then I can assure you.

Skut
12-12-2012, 07:12 PM
Lead by example.

Hence this thread?

I think Rich is one of the more "considered" mods who at least engages in a discussion. I would call that refreshing :)

Glenn 74
12-12-2012, 07:37 PM

Dont think Agrids comment was aimed directly at you Rich. As others have said, admire what you have done with this thread and have noticed the way that you step in or pull people up when they get a bit shirty, noob or pro alike.

Old frt
12-12-2012, 07:44 PM
Why can't douchenozzles be called out as douchenozzles on PSB? Google ads, that's why.

Because while you may think it's all fun and games, when you are sitting on the train surrounded by school-leaver aged girls and decide to switch to Safari view on your iPhone and an ad comes up asking if you have a vaginal odour problem....well, it's not so harmless then I can assure you.

Stop bitchin, and thanks for the tip on getting a seat on the train.:D

Commander Keen
13-12-2012, 09:40 AM
Speaking of douchenozzles.. is Gippo still banned?

BOFH
13-12-2012, 10:39 AM
How To React When Someone Says You’re Wrong (But You Know You’re Right) | Lifehacker Australia (http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2012/12/how-to-react-when-someone-says-youre-wrong-but-you-know-youre-right/)

Commander Keen
13-12-2012, 10:59 AM
The most important part of that article is "Be willing to change your mind"

speed3
13-12-2012, 11:08 AM
and some people need to take a holiday from clicking that inane fucking button.

NEVER.

lc

speed3
13-12-2012, 11:29 AM
http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/f29/pdwtk-ignoring-users-128582/

Take poster X, he's annoying and you hate his posts and continually troll him and are counter trolled in return. This leads no where except for headaches for the mods.

Or you can just ignore that person and never have to worry about them again (if a troll lives in a forest does anyone give a fuck), extra points for realising that a LOT if these douchenozzles just like the attention.

thro
19-12-2012, 08:14 AM

I think this is worth stressing.

I've been online for what ... 18 years now and it happens on every discussion forum.

The original members get other stuff to do, move on, spend less time online and the newer members "aren't the same" as the old guys and things were always so much better.

Reality is, there were always douches on here, the user base was just smaller and the community was more close knit.

I say you just replace the report post button with another "ignore user" button and let the end user moderate what they see as appropriate.

Trolling on line is often more offensive than trolling IRL because of the way tone carries electronically. It doesn't.....

T-roy
21-12-2012, 03:29 PM
If enough people call you a Douchenozzle, then you are a Douchenozzle.

Its not genetics, or age.

Its a democracy based title, doesn't matter how cool you are in 10 years, people will always remember you as a douchenozzle, you have been branded.

Rich...
21-12-2012, 03:55 PM

Its a democracy based title, doesn't matter how cool you are in 10 years, people will always remember you as a douchenozzle, you have been branded.
Well there you have it...

Apparently once a douchenozzle, always a douchehozzle, according to the, well apparently still a douchenozzle...

Barfridge
21-12-2012, 04:02 PM
LEAVE T-ROY ALONE.

We wub him now, he's a shining beacon of how people can by rehabilitated.

T-roy
21-12-2012, 04:19 PM
LEAVE T-ROY ALONE.

We wub him now, he's a shining beacon of how people can be rehabilitated.

Thanks barfy, but you can't polish a turd.

In saying that, imagine a world with out toilet humor.

Vomiting on yourself wouldn't even be funny.

Gippo
29-12-2012, 10:38 PM
Speaking of douchenozzles.. is Gippo still banned?

No not banned.

Log in every now and then to check out For Sale threads and occasionally to see what shit the real douchenozzles are spouting.

Otherwise just lurking around, keeping the peace..

JEM
29-12-2012, 11:04 PM

Just for you T-roy: http://www.guffsturdpolish.com/

Chaos-incarnate
29-12-2012, 11:10 PM
No not banned.

Log in every now and then to check out For Sale threads and occasionally to see what shit the real douchenozzles are spouting.

Otherwise just lurking around, keeping the peace..

Well get stuffed you pansy bitch :P

Desmo
30-12-2012, 12:10 AM

Yeah, I was quite heartened when I saw Rich had posted it.

thro
30-12-2012, 09:46 AM

No, but you can roll a turd in glitter.

Gippo
30-12-2012, 09:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rax27_ZIVM

Desmo
30-12-2012, 10:27 AM

You aren't a douchenozzle, you were, but certainly not anymore.
There are many more who are much more qualified than you to be a 'nozzle. I'd love to see a return of the "Cocksnogger" username but "Douchenozzle1, 2 , 3" etc. I can think of at least 1 person who is worthy.

Gippo
30-12-2012, 12:28 PM
I too can think of at least one person (http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/member.php?u=7104)who is worthy.

Plus has been known as Cocksnogger4 at one point too! Check out user name history....

Rich...
30-12-2012, 12:30 PM
Will you two just fuck and get it over with...

GreenMeanie
30-12-2012, 12:47 PM
I believe Spina (http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/member.php?u=34026) has a nomination for this thread.

Rich...
30-12-2012, 01:08 PM
On what grounds?

Arguing with a cop when he had no chance winning that argument?

Desmo
30-12-2012, 01:20 PM
On what grounds?

In the Windows 8 thread, then acting like a douche when told not to act like one.

Ha no chance as a happy as larry apple user this thread is providing me no end of entertainment.!
History here shows I am one of those 'sensitive' apple users!!!
Haven't seen this level of disgruntled windows users since xp..... Must be because the ui is very similar to apple's...bahaha.(sorry)
Microsoft strikes again!

Sent from my i5

I'm sure there are other situations.

Spina
30-12-2012, 01:44 PM
Desmo, I think slagging me off continuosly as your fantasy pom shit kicker when you have no idea who I am deserves a mention; re-stoner signs to ford.

I learn quick here dont argue computer shit here, too many geeks to compete with! For the record, it was my personal experience with these products that I was conveying my distaste for, not the users.

GreenMeanie
30-12-2012, 01:48 PM
On what grounds?

Arguing with a cop when he had no chance winning that argument?

Maybe. I'll nominate the cop if he doesn't. I had a taste of him last night as well. Same booze bus, same cop, different location but a very tidy policewoman who breathoed me and then the fat cunt fat cunt fat constable decided he reckonized me from Friday night!

Spina
30-12-2012, 01:58 PM
Maybe. I'll nominate the cop if he doesn't. I had a taste of him last night as well. Same booze bus, same cop, different location but a very tidy policewoman who breathoed me and then the fat cunt fat cunt fat constable decided he reckonized me from Friday night!

Yea, the tidy women was there as well was thinking of the Chilli Peppers song on her whilst blanking my ears to the inane fat cat blurb.

filbert
30-12-2012, 02:00 PM
I nominate Spina too because he's over sensitive about his ugly Ducati and it will be fun to see his reaction to me doing it :)

agrid
30-12-2012, 02:11 PM
I nominate Spina too because he's over sensitive about his ugly Ducati and it will be fun to see his reaction to me doing it :)

Blasphemy!

Just as there are no bad dogs, there are no ugly Ducatis. It's the owner that is the problem.

Spina
30-12-2012, 02:30 PM
Its about as ugly as you filbert now it has all the pit/fat cop friendly garb back on :fuck:

Gee filbert, I thought we had this bunno thing going, your dropped....

GreenMeanie
30-12-2012, 02:31 PM
Yea, the tidy women was there as well was thinking of the Chilli Peppers song on her whilst blanking my ears to the inane fat cat blurb.

Ah! You were keeping the eye candy treat to yourself. You didn't mention that on Friday. She only came up to my shoulders when she was standing on the curb and I was still seated on the bike. I'd like to meet her on a purely social occasion. Using my imagination I'm sure I could come up with a new angle of "Catch the greasy pig". Satin sheets, baby oil, whipped cream in a can and handcuffs.

filbert
30-12-2012, 02:45 PM
Blasphemy!

Just as there are no bad dogs, there are no ugly Ducatis. It's the owner that is the problem.

Waiting for him to bite at the possible implications of your comment......

It's like playing two up but better odds, come in Spina :lol:

Spina
30-12-2012, 02:47 PM
Waiting for him to bite at the possible implications of your comment......

It's like playing two up but better odds, come in Spina :lol:

I would but its bit like the comedian that only has one joke..

cleopatra
30-12-2012, 06:14 PM
Ah! You were keeping the eye candy treat to yourself. You didn't mention that on Friday. She only came up to my shoulders when she was standing on the curb and I was still seated on the bike. I'd like to meet her on a purely social occasion. Using my imagination I'm sure I could come up with a new angle of "Catch the greasy pig". Satin sheets, baby oil, whipped cream in a can and handcuffs.

Did you use this same imagination when we had sex last night or did I come into it somewhere?

Spina
30-12-2012, 06:20 PM
Did you use this same imagination when we had sex last night or did I come into it somewhere?

Oucho mondo...

GM?

marras
30-12-2012, 06:23 PM
:popcorn:

Desmo
30-12-2012, 06:26 PM
Don't whore out the douchenozzle thread you fucking nozzles.

GreenMeanie
30-12-2012, 06:29 PM
Oucho mondo...

GM?

Ah! Dummy spit! Hey! I am so so so used to it!

I was asked to remove the post, but I replied very politely, "Get Fucked"

Does this make me a nominee?

Fusion
30-12-2012, 06:31 PM

bahaha next time just double bag his head and replace with a pic of THOR and use ya own imagination :lol:

cleopatra
30-12-2012, 06:50 PM
bahaha next time just double bag his head and replace with a pic of THOR and use ya own imagination :lol:

Thanks for the advice I have a couple of air tight plastic bags in the cupboard.

marras
30-12-2012, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the advice I have a couple of air tight plastic bags in the cupboard.
Vacuum sealed bags would be better, there isn't much of him so a small one is all you need :lol:

GreenMeanie
30-12-2012, 07:00 PM
Vacuum sealed bags would be better, there isn't much of him so a small one is all you need :lol:

Don't you go siding with you, you, ........ TURNCOAT! :dwarf:

cleopatra
30-12-2012, 07:27 PM

When have you seen him with no pants on^_^

Rich...
30-12-2012, 07:32 PM
Hey...

Go and be Douchenozzles by PM...

I don't need to think of Greenpeenie naked...

*shudder*

Spina
30-12-2012, 07:55 PM
You already have seen it...

GreenMeanie
31-12-2012, 01:56 AM
You already have seen it...

We hold an FNR annual bonding weekend Spina. After you have been a member for more than a year Rich will invite you.
The lads find a secluded high altitude camping spot just under the snow line and lay out our sleeping bags. No tents. We all get naked and compete in boot camp obstacle courses. Marras likes to re-enact the odd scene or two from Deliverance with the noobs as the evening entertainment. Rich presides over the exercise offering helpful hints to both parties.("That's not squealing!"). sS is waiting for his legs to grow so he can join in, One day sS.

You'll be invited on next years camp!

GreenMeanie
31-12-2012, 02:34 AM
Hey...

Go and be Douchenozzles by PM...

I don't need to think of Greenpeenie naked...

*shudder*

Rich you Douchesnuffleupagus.....................

They call me The Melbourne Cup thank-you very much. You can't get a bigger honour than that.

When I walk naked in public I stop a friggin' nation.

Fusion
31-12-2012, 11:42 AM
Rich you Douchesnuffleupagus.....................

They call me The Melbourne Cup thank-you very much. You can't get a bigger honour than that.

When I walk naked in public I stop a friggin' nation.
hmm is that because the nation die from fright .... or from laughter???? :scare2:

Tim the PM
31-12-2012, 12:24 PM
I went on a midnight ride with GM last night but I suddenly remembered this thread and got scared and headed for the hills ;)

filbert
31-12-2012, 12:38 PM
I went on a midnight ride with GM last night but I suddenly remembered this thread and got scared and headed for the hills ;)

To make camp on high ground for shenanigans?

GreenMeanie
31-12-2012, 02:07 PM

Hmmmm! And I listen so carefully to your story of how you always wanted to ride motorcycles. You didn't want to get to 70 and find you never tried it.

There is other experiences in life young Timmy.

Tim the PM
31-12-2012, 02:14 PM
Haha I'm happy to get old still wondering about that one :)

Spina
31-12-2012, 02:34 PM
Hmmmm! And I listen so carefully to your story of how you always wanted to ride motorcycles. You didn't want to get to 70 and find you never tried it.

There is other experiences in life young Timmy.

Now your into other blokes as well, there's no stopping you or the nation tiger...lol

Desmo
31-12-2012, 02:34 PM
Shut up, douchebags!

GreenMeanie
31-12-2012, 03:05 PM
Shut up, douchebags!

Your iGramophone broken Desmo?

Manyak
18-01-2013, 07:36 PM
So uhh.. Where did I go wrong fellas?

Serious question is serious.

filbert
18-01-2013, 08:13 PM

i thought it might have been when you were telling the noob they should be at a certain stage of rider training and the instructor must be milking them for cash....

but not sure of the timing :lol:

Manyak
18-01-2013, 08:14 PM
:lol:

Surely that wasn't it! I was actually being for cereal.. And a few people agreed in the end.

But noted, nonetheless..

filbert
18-01-2013, 09:00 PM
i know you were serious and possibly even justified, just the way it came across.

i liken it to someone having trouble with spelling or english as a second language and someone saying "c'mon how can you not get it, either you're a shitty student or you need a better teacher"

it is how it is, some learn quickly some don't, i've had a couple take several months to learn the basics in spite of the majority being test ready in 5 lessons or less, whether it's physical limitation such as coordination or having trouble handling the weight or height of the bike or a psychological limitation and seeing it as too hard or being fearful of the next steps.

i usually let their lessons run over for no charge if they're finally going well and look like getting the hang of it, or arrange a ride for them in my own time to help out, sure instructors are in the business to make money but i wouldn't say they're in the business of trying to milk it out of one person when they could get more by putting them through and taking in more students from the reputation that earns them.

but it's highly likely i'm not even in the right ballpark for the reason for the name change and then it would just be me having a dig at you, so don't take it personally just sharing my opinion on the topic :)

Manyak
18-01-2013, 10:00 PM
Na that's fair enough. I was even thinking the same but it really seems odd that after 6 lessons, she can only go in a straight line and stop. But like you said everyone learns in their own time and that's fair enough..

I agree though, I don't think that's what did it..

filbert
19-01-2013, 04:25 AM
Na that's fair enough. I was even thinking the same but it really seems odd that after 6 lessons, she can only go in a straight line and stop. But like you said everyone learns in their own time and that's fair enough..

I agree though, I don't think that's what did it..

after further perusal of recent threads it appears that i was reading too much into it and trying to think of an event that could have been perceived as acting like a doucheozzle :lol:

looking at the times of posts and what was said it was far more likely to have been inspired by your comments in the "Cycling and doping, again." thread where you suggested particular actions by a mod and used the word "douchenozzle" :lol:

Yesterday 01:02 PM
At first I also wondered why they were going so hard on him, everyone dopes, they're just jealous blah blah blah..

But just watched a bit of the interview and he SUED PEOPLE THAT OUTED HIM!! WTF! He knew they were telling the truth, and still sued them to try and silence them. Completely agree that he's just a fucken bully that went too far. Imagine how much some of those court cases cost those that were innocent. It's not just other riders & tabloids that he sued. He sued his masseuse ffs.

Guys a fucking douchenozzle! Ban him Rich...

they're a funny bunch these mods, sometimes even in a humorous way :lol: suggesting namechanges or bans usually yields similar results :) even in jest when the person in question isn't even related to the forum apparently :lol:

Barfridge
19-01-2013, 08:47 AM
That Filbert, he's pretty smart

Ferris
19-01-2013, 08:58 AM
Shut up, Fridgenozzle!

Glenn 74
20-01-2013, 03:05 PM

I'd hazzard a guess at publicly quoting PM's and the constant telling of someone that they are douchenozzle - thus making you a douchnozzle...

Hope this doesn't start the overly verbose argument session, I'm on an Ipad and it's a pain in the arse.

Manyak
20-01-2013, 03:23 PM
I'd hazzard a guess at publicly quoting PM's and the constant telling of someone that they are douchenozzle - thus making you a douchnozzle...

Hope this doesn't start the overly verbose argument session, I'm on an Ipad and it's a pain in the arse.

So who's pm did I publicly quote?

B0RDEX
20-01-2013, 03:34 PM

I think he's got you confused with Phildo....

Wait, was it even Phildo who posted the Hate On Sookie thread?

Glenn 74
20-01-2013, 03:38 PM

Didn't you quote all that sookie stuff in the interpersonal shitflinging thread ?. I'm not even sure how harshly that would be viewed anyway as I'm relatively new to the forum. I'd say it has more to do with constantly telling sookie that he is a douchenozzle.

Not having a go mate, but you asked, so just offering an opinion as someone on the outside looking in. I may very well be wrong.

Glenn 74
20-01-2013, 03:39 PM
Didn't you quote all that sookie stuff in the interpersonal shitflinging thread ?. I'm not even sure how harshly that would be viewed anyway as I'm relatively new to the forum. I'd say it has more to do with constantly telling sookie that he is a douchenozzle.

Not having a go mate, but you asked, so just offering an opinion as someone on the outside looking in. I may very well be wrong.

Thanks Lady Jonas, yes, I had that very wrong. Sorry.

Manyak
20-01-2013, 04:23 PM
That's alright..

But I'd disagree - calling someone out for being a douchenozzle doesn't make someone a douchenozzle.. And phildo had a very good point in that thread.