PDA

View Full Version : I was discriminated against!

Daise
20-03-2006, 08:25 PM
I applied for an Admin job at a library in Mt Lawley. I get a phone call the next day from a woman telling me they were only accepting applicants from Aboriginals. :blink:

WTF??

I was too gobsmacked to say anything, but isn't that discrimination? :ohmy: :huh:

Jonchilds
20-03-2006, 08:27 PM
Get that in writing!

dugy
20-03-2006, 08:31 PM
No it's only discrimination when it goes the other way......

Like the female only gyms. :tongue:

No such thing as equal rights...just people that whinge enough to have it their way.

Maybe everyone there goes chroming on their lunchbreak and thought you might dob them in? :wink:

TurboR1
20-03-2006, 08:36 PM
Walk in with a VCR under your arm and say
"Can I have the job now?"
"No, I'm sorry its for Aboriginals only"
"But you see, this isn't my VCR"
Bing the jobs yours! :thumbsup:

Waits for the rose coloured glasses brigade to jump on this post.

JamesSpelt
20-03-2006, 08:44 PM
one word, fake tan

and really lay it on heavy

Rhino
20-03-2006, 08:47 PM
one word, fake tan

[/b]
They're employing Aboriginals, not Oompa Loompas

And yes, that IS discrimination.

It happens all the time. But they normally make up some non related excuse. Not just out and say it!

dugy
20-03-2006, 08:54 PM
one word, fake tan

[/b]

And get Muddy to smack you around a bit. :ninja:

TurboR1
20-03-2006, 08:55 PM
best one I heard was when i applied for a job at Bras "n" Things they said we need someone who can "multi-task" in other words NO GUYS... spoil sports!

Rhino
20-03-2006, 08:56 PM
best one I heard was when i applied for a job at Bras "n" Things they said we need someone who can "multi-task" in other words NO GUYS... spoil sports!
[/b]
And you didn't tell them you could feel two things at once?

tigerleo
20-03-2006, 09:00 PM
Depends whether the advertised position was part of a 'diversity pool' - something the government(s) try to do every so often to prove that there is no descimination in the work place... :wacko:

Do you know that if I came up with a training program specifically targeted at women I could get special funding and grants from the government as women are a 'minority'? :blink:

Mattis
20-03-2006, 09:24 PM
Tell em your 1-poofteenth aboriginal, let them prove your not.....

Barfridge
20-03-2006, 09:54 PM
The whole system shits me. It's like making everybody in one 'minority' get around on crutches, when only one or 2 of them have a broken leg. It doesn't help the healthy ones, they can walk without the crutches, and it makes the whole minority look like they need them to survive.

Putting any word you like in front of discrimination, and it's still discrimination.

Rick76
20-03-2006, 10:08 PM
Pilbara Iron was advertising jobs for female Operators for ages on their employment site :down: I dont see why being a female would be a prerequisite to operating heavy mining equipment...... other than for the company's image in relation to being seen as equal opportunity. Advertising for females only is hardly equal opportunity though is it?

Duffman
20-03-2006, 10:40 PM
when i was filling out my forms to live off the government i read something along the lines of "anyone who says they are aboriginal, is aboriginal".
didnt say anything about skin colour or religon.

it was almost as if being aboriginal wanst a genetic thing, but more of a lifestyle choice.

on the other hand i might have read it wrong. id probably been filling out forms for an hour by the time i got to that bit. its almost as if they didnt want to give me money :dry:

ENVEE 2
20-03-2006, 10:50 PM
when i was filling out my forms to live off the government i read something along the lines of "anyone who says they are aboriginal, is aboriginal".
didnt say anything about skin colour or religon.

it was almost as if being aboriginal wanst a genetic thing, but more of a lifestyle choice.

on the other hand i might have read it wrong. id probably been filling out forms for an hour by the time i got to that bit. its almost as if they didnt want to give me money :dry:
[/b]
if you are born australian, there is nothing on your birth certificate that says you are or are not aboriginal.....just a matter of ticking the box and there you go........you are an aboriginal..........

im not sure if the government no interest, no repayments loan scheme for aborigines extends to motorcyles though.........but if it does make mine a 999R..."i do believe mine one is plasher dan urs coz mines da red one mr bond"

"got a smoke"

mystery
21-03-2006, 12:09 AM
Funny how equality isn't uniform, isn't it?

All the time, or none of the time....When it suits best, of course.

sabre1
21-03-2006, 12:48 AM
if thats the case Daise you wouldnt want to work for the wankers anyway you would have ya lunch stolen and vehicle pinched and thats by 2 minutes past start time

ONYERBIKE
21-03-2006, 06:44 AM
Depends whether the advertised position was part of a 'diversity pool' - something the government(s) try to do every so often to prove that there is no descimination in the work place... :wacko:

Do you know that if I came up with a training program specifically targeted at women I could get special funding and grants from the government as women are a 'minority'? :blink:
[/b]

Okay - female only Alpaca runs to teach them ummmm ideas ?

jason
21-03-2006, 06:56 AM
its getting a bit more common on a daily basis.

one of the reasons is the subsidy paid to employers of aboriginal staff (Aboriginal Services will cover an employers absence from work if no other leave is entitled). even govt departments can see it as a way of cutting down on costs as there are allowances made.

i think its terrible, not just for non aborignal australians but for the person who gets the job as well. imagine going to work each day and your colleagues knowing the only reason you have your job is your ethnicity. would seriously fuck with your self worth.

yeah, people get jobs, but at what expense to the rest of the workforce. and how comfortable would that work environment be? they make allowances to get you into the job, then where do they draw the line once your there?

this is not something we should be bagging the aborignals for, this shit falls squarely on the shoulders of the govt.

Rebecca
21-03-2006, 07:32 AM
Ah well, I say cop it sweet.

That's what our fellow humans with more melonin had to do up until the early 70's in Australia. If it troubles you that they are actively recruiting Indigenous staff you wouldn't have enjoyed the work place ethic most likely anyway.

WA has the lowest unemployment rate in the country, and one of the lowest in the world, I have no doubt something will turn up for you soon.

Would you have felt the same if the position was earmarked for some other minority group member (ie physically disabled/deaf etc)?

aaargh1
21-03-2006, 08:09 AM
I applied for an Admin job at a library in Mt Lawley. I get a phone call the next day from a woman telling me they were only accepting applicants from Aboriginals. :blink:

WTF??

I was too gobsmacked to say anything, but isn't that discrimination? :ohmy: :huh:
[/b]

hahahahhaa

wogela woman trying to get a gubermint job from us dehr,,, you winyarn,,,, need a moonyin in ya tuppy.....i gib you dis ere,,,,,,make you ert....mate you got a dollar :yes: :yes:

Mr John
21-03-2006, 08:30 AM
Ah well, I say cop it sweet.

That's what our fellow humans with more melonin had to do up until the early 70's in Australia. If it troubles you that they are actively recruiting Indigenous staff you wouldn't have enjoyed the work place ethic most likely anyway.

WA has the lowest unemployment rate in the country, and one of the lowest in the world, I have no doubt something will turn up for you soon.

Would you have felt the same if the position was earmarked for some other minority group member (ie physically disabled/deaf etc)?
[/b]

WSS /\

Duffman
21-03-2006, 09:15 AM
what i said earlier about how the government defines "being aboriginal" was wrong

i read "or" when the sheet said "and", so u have to have some blood in you, and if its not plainly obvious, then you have to prove it.

shame really, cos its worth an extra $200 a fortnight.
still might have a go at it thou. we struggling aboriginal students need all the money we can get

"we are all equal. some of us are just more equal than others"

Breeza
21-03-2006, 10:56 AM
shame really, cos its worth an extra $200 a fortnight.

[/b]

and they still beg for money and crack the shits when you dont give it to them :mad:

eXume
21-03-2006, 12:07 PM
and they still beg for money and crack the shits when you dont give it to them :mad:
[/b]

Bahaha, was at the traino the other day and a guy asked me for two dollars, i said no and asked where he was heading, his reply, the childrens court for being disorderly. It gave me a laugh, everyone thinks were racist but everything we give them shit for is true.

Anyway, back to Daise's problem, Id say the chick that rang you probably wasnt too happy about the new hiring direction. It would be discrimination, but what ya gonna do about it really.

TheSWAN
21-03-2006, 12:13 PM
hahahahahahaha

an aboriginal working at a library is like a surf lifesaver that cant swim.

TurboR1
21-03-2006, 12:38 PM
[/b]

If the job was a bricky or a crisis care hotline position then yes i would.

could you imagine a mentally handicapped helpline operator????
"I'm thinking of killing myself"
"TIMMAYHHH!"
"brilliant I feel better thank you!"
not likely

snowman95
21-03-2006, 12:38 PM
NEWS FLASH! - DISCRIMINATION STILL OCCURING!!!! - NEWS AT 11

CRB
21-03-2006, 12:44 PM
[/b]

But you fooled them with your resume... ROBIN!!!

TurboR1
21-03-2006, 12:48 PM
But you fooled them with your resume... ROBIN!!!
[/b]

thats why i got as far as the first round of interviews.

Jamathi
21-03-2006, 12:55 PM
$80K +to be made in the mines by ladies young and old.

Dubs
21-03-2006, 01:45 PM
could you imagine a mentally handicapped helpline operator????
"I'm thinking of killing myself"
"TIMMAYHHH!"
"brilliant I feel better thank you!"
not likely
[/b]

almost fell off my office chair

:geek:

Dubs

Daise
21-03-2006, 01:57 PM
[/b]

i agree with everything you said, except this. if i have the same skills as anyone, regardless of colour/disability/age/WHATEVER, why shouldn't i be considered for the job too? to do a job you need the right skills and the right attitude, not because the government gives the employer a couple of extra bucks if they employ a minority (even though it happens).

doesn't matter, job a job interview tomorrow elsewhere.

ps: fuck robin, thats GOLD! :laugh:

Daise
23-03-2006, 08:18 PM
RIGHT THATS IT

The interview I had yesterday was at a Temping firm, and they said that I'm too old, as I'll be competing with 17yo's who can be paid peanuts.

So not only am I too white, I'm too old.

*goes off to colour the greys*

:blink:

sabre1
23-03-2006, 08:38 PM
Daise wait until they tell you that your overqualified for the job

had that happen a few times before

tigerleo
23-03-2006, 11:53 PM
Sorry to hear about your on-going woes babe, but unfortunately you are 'old' when competing for the same jobs that 17 year olds are going for IF the employer is only willing to pay peanuts... :sad:

However you would think that dynamic, outgoing, intelligent employees would be every employers' dream...

The reality is that experienced temps get the on-going employment as they CAN do. Hang in there, and get your name down on number of temping lists...

OR you could look into a trainee-ship - the pay will be shit to start with, but with an honest employer you will not only gain a qualifiaction in the 'appropriate' field as well as land a job. Beware though if looking into trainee-ships as some employers are thieving dishonest bastards who use the system to grab what money they can from the government while leaving the trainee 'high and dry' by 'sacking' them at the 11th hour :dry:

You have just got to hang in there and find the right employer who recognises your strengths and the asset you will be to their business.

If you haven't already, put in an application for a Public Sector pool/position - these kind of 'pools' come up every so often (usually at the beginning, mid-way or end of each year). For example, at one stage last year there was such a shortage of temping admin staff employees available we were asked to source our own staff from 'anyone we knew'.

Hang in there - you will find a worthy job! :yes:

M_Green
24-03-2006, 10:36 AM
If your going through agencies, give Hudson a go,
i got my job through them and everything went smooth as, i was very happy :thumbsup:

Be wary of julia ross :down: some friends of mine worked there and told me their not very professional.

bladebabe
24-03-2006, 11:05 AM
What qualifications do you have?? And what sort of jobs are you looking for?

Dubs
24-03-2006, 11:22 AM
RIGHT THATS IT

[/b]

aint nuffin wrong wiv greys babe

u know it :no:

Dubs

pacman
24-03-2006, 11:58 AM
Straight white male,

everyone else in the world is allowed to be bias against us. Big pet hate of mine.

mstriumph
24-03-2006, 02:37 PM
beats me how the government can go on bleating about 'reconciliation' when they irritate the bejaysus out of so many non-Aborigines by financially [and otherwise] favouring Aborigines [even if the % of Australian aboriginal bloodline they have got is TINY] and fostering tokenism and state-sponsored discrimintation of the sort that seems to have sparked this thread...........

[:blush: yep - back to the thread kids!!]

all those do-gooders bleat about equality when what they actually want is an even bigger slice of the pie for a minority who already HAS a disproportionate share of the welfare goodies ........... you'll never achieve reconciliation until there is a TRULY level playing field with ALL citizens having similar rights and responsibilities.

my 2c

Daise
24-03-2006, 06:33 PM
Here comes the rant, just so people know what position I'm in.

First of all, I want to get into some admin work. For now, I'll be quite happy to be locked in a basement filing all day, and work my way up from there. Eventually I'd like to get into Accounts, I love number-crunching and would like to get into that specifically. If I get a chance for a job there I'd take it. NOT interested in Sectretarial jobs. It's just really hard to get a foot in the door, I've applied for so many jobs the past couple of weeks and the phone has only rung once :sad: I did a test at the temping firm and it shows I am experienced with Office software, but still nothing. It's just the lack of actual work experience is hindering me.

Anyhoo, my current job. I tried to do the right thing for myself and applied for a Business traineeship, which i managed to get. YAY! It was based at the airport, which I thought would be awesome.
I've been on a traineeship before (retail) and with that one, I had one day a week off-the-job training (paid for) and four days a week on-the-job. It was great, a little stressful due to the shit pay, but I learned a great deal and still use the knowledge to this day.
This traineeship though, the complete opposite. They have put me in a CALL CENTRE for 40 hours a week, I need to pay for my own fees, and there is no off the job training, or on the job training for that matter. I am NOT in a business environment, and I'm NOT learning anything! What makes it worse is that I am on a shit pay (which I knew I would get), and all I get is abusive customers all day every day on the phone. I have expressed my disappointment to the manager and she doesn't mind me staying there until I find somewhere else to work.

In short, I thought I was doing the right thing for myself, but got bitten in the ass instead.

:sad:

M_Green
25-03-2006, 12:06 AM

First of all, I want to get into some admin work. For now, I'll be quite happy to be locked in a basement filing all day, and work my way up from there. Eventually I'd like to get into Accounts, I love number-crunching and would like to get into that specifically. If I get a chance for a job there I'd take it. NOT interested in Sectretarial jobs. It's just really hard to get a foot in the door, I've applied for so many jobs the past couple of weeks and the phone has only rung once :sad: I did a test at the temping firm and it shows I am experienced with Office software, but still nothing. It's just the lack of actual work experience is hindering me.

Anyhoo, my current job. I tried to do the right thing for myself and applied for a Business traineeship, which i managed to get. YAY! It was based at the airport, which I thought would be awesome.
I've been on a traineeship before (retail) and with that one, I had one day a week off-the-job training (paid for) and four days a week on-the-job. It was great, a little stressful due to the shit pay, but I learned a great deal and still use the knowledge to this day.
This traineeship though, the complete opposite. They have put me in a CALL CENTRE for 40 hours a week, I need to pay for my own fees, and there is no off the job training, or on the job training for that matter. I am NOT in a business environment, and I'm NOT learning anything! What makes it worse is that I am on a shit pay (which I knew I would get), and all I get is abusive customers all day every day on the phone. I have expressed my disappointment to the manager and she doesn't mind me staying there until I find somewhere else to work.

In short, I thought I was doing the right thing for myself, but got bitten in the ass instead.

:sad:
[/b]

I work in the westpac call center at the moment (with morrighan!), as part of the standard job training you recieve a tier 2 accreditaion which is transferable to most financial/insurance companies (allows me to give personalised advice) and also most of a cert 3 in financial services(do the rest in my own time but still paid for, i think?).

All this is done fulltime, inhouse and fully paid for, plus they paid me normal wages, no trainee bullshit. A mate of mine is in a similar position with another bank.

might be worthwhile to get a job in a bank, good pay, good qualifications, and it'll look good on your resume' when you apply for the jobs you really want.

aaargh1
25-03-2006, 10:08 AM
as part of the standard job training you recieve a tier 2 accreditaion which is transferable to most financial/insurance companies (allows me to give personalised advice)
[/b]

yeah it is a good way to get some certificates up ya sleeve... i agree

but i thought tier 2 was general advice :ermm: :ermm:

mstriumph
25-03-2006, 10:45 AM

First of all, I want to get into some admin work. For now, I'll be quite happy to be locked in a basement filing all day, and work my way up from there. Eventually I'd like to get into Accounts, I love number-crunching and would like to get into that specifically. If I get a chance for a job there I'd take it. NOT interested in Sectretarial jobs. It's just really hard to get a foot in the door, I've applied for so many jobs the past couple of weeks and the phone has only rung once :sad: I did a test at the temping firm and it shows I am experienced with Office software, but still nothing. It's just the lack of actual work experience is hindering me................................................ .... :sad:
[/b]

c'mon peop.s? surely there's gotta be SOMEONE on the forum that's in a position to give Daise a hand towards getting into something she's happy with?

she's obviously articulate, can spell better than most of us here and it certainly sounds as though she's well-motivated . :yes:

................. even with very little experience, surely THOSE are attributes that would be valuable to any employer?

M_Green
25-03-2006, 03:49 PM
yeah it is a good way to get some certificates up ya sleeve... i agree
but i thought tier 2 was general advice :ermm: :ermm:
[/b]

As far as i'm aware, it allows me to make make recommendations of certain products to customers based on their indivual situation.

i classify that as personalised advice.

Infusi0n
26-03-2006, 10:26 AM
Doesn't it make you more upset that if we went for the same position that i would be paid more for it? I am sure it is not as common as it used to be, but i still get suprised by jobs where women get paid less (I never understood why). In my workplace (academia) this doesn't happen of course because the federal government worked that issue out ages ago (ie: got their asses handed to them in court :) ) Yes it is a suprise, but having delt with companies from the USA this last year, it is all about the minority employees, ever single information sheet has "please tick if you are a minority and specify".

mstriumph
26-03-2006, 08:26 PM
hmmmmmmmmm - wonder if being left-handed qualifies me as part of a minority group ?? :teehee:

griffin
26-03-2006, 09:32 PM
We are recruiting 60 permanent staff.... PM if you want to know more. :biggrin:

azathoth
26-03-2006, 11:48 PM
and HOW white you are too :P

Fenris
27-03-2006, 08:48 PM
Some animals are more equal than others...

Arkaon
27-03-2006, 10:58 PM
Aza, you calling ANYONE white is like the biggest case of kettle/pot - black incident ever. :P

P.S. Come back to australia, I miss you :( who else will father my illegitimate children?

Kassper
28-03-2006, 12:09 AM
RIGHT THATS IT

The interview I had yesterday was at a Temping firm, and they said that I'm too old, as I'll be competing with 17yo's who can be paid peanuts.

So not only am I too white, I'm too old.

[/b]

Unfortunately people want experience, sucks but that's the way it goes, and most of the time the only way to get experience is to be 17 !!

You can borrow my resume Daise if you like :lol: I started in admin at 17 then worked my way up to accounts, now I am doing PA temping :) Personally, I couldn't see you in any of these roles except the latter, you're a people person and have heaps to offer others, I think you would get bored in admin or accounts.

Anyway chicky, the only thing you can do is stick at at and hope that someone is willing to give you a chance, but luck isnt on your side without experience :(

Have you considered being a teachers aid or something similar ? You don't need experience for it, just people skills and that you have my darling ! I was offered a position in a school maybe I should give them your number !

Arkaon
28-03-2006, 07:30 AM
Whilst its true that often you can get employed on rare occasion as a teachers assistant without the qualification these days its unlikely due what you need to be taught in the course esp in regard to legality and the actual role you'll be placed in. The majority of teachers assistant gigs are either special needs or junior primary, and as you can imagine with all the child protection laws these days they prefer someone with a least some form of training rather than someone without, the department of education and the school itself has to cover their own asses.

P.S the course itself to become a teachers aid is 6 months fulltime at tafe.

vscorsa
28-03-2006, 09:43 AM
c'mon peop.s? surely there's gotta be SOMEONE on the forum that's in a position to give Daise a hand towards getting into something she's happy with?

she's obviously articulate, can spell better than most of us here and it certainly sounds as though she's well-motivated . :yes:

................. even with very little experience, surely THOSE are attributes that would be valuable to any employer?
[/b]

Hi Daise,

Have you thought about applying with some of the temp firms to get your initial experience? Mining people International might have some places on the mines which would both give you experience and a good wage. The only catch with them is that you would only be paid casual rates with no sick or holiday pay.

It could be a good starting point.

Dave

Hussy
29-03-2006, 09:12 AM
Have you considered being a teachers aid or something similar ? You don't need experience for it, just people skills and that you have my darling ! I was offered a position in a school maybe I should give them your number !
[/b]

As Arkaon said, you actually do need qualifications nowadays. You have to do the training course at TAFE and do a stack of hands on time in the classroom. We have always got TAFE students doing prac in our school. That and you have to get a police clearance, get a Crimtrack clearance and by the end of this year register with WACOT. Its not that easy anymore, but well worth it.

Foofie Foofie
29-03-2006, 09:38 AM
As Arkaon said, you actually do need qualifications nowadays.
[/b]

In theory.

In reality there are many jobs that are for people who want to work and who can show they are capable, cause we know that tehre are many who are total idiots who have paper qualification, and in practice it means squat.

Offereing to start a job on a one week trial basis unpaid is a great start , with or without papers.

Dubs
29-03-2006, 09:53 AM
In theory.

In reality there are many jobs that are for people who want to work and who can show they are capable, cause we know that tehre are many who are total idiots who have paper qualification, and in practice it means squat.

Offereing to start a job on a one week trial basis unpaid is a great start , with or without papers.
[/b]

but an employer may have to LEGALLY pay you for the one shift or the whole week

I concur with the attitude "show em your interested and can do the job by offereing your services" but the employee may be due pay for their services

Dubs

shrike
29-03-2006, 10:05 AM
"please tick if you are a minority and specify".
[/b]

*ticks* "White person with job"

Hussy
29-03-2006, 11:12 AM
In theory.

[/b]

Not for a teachers aide anymore. A lot of the teachers aides who have been in schools for years actually used to be education department employees (ie cleaners, admin) but when they restructured they had to put them in schools so many of them are unqualified.

Nowadays, with all the outcry about paedaphilia and stuff, you have to have qualifications to 'work' with kids and clearance to be with them also.

I agree with the theory that if someone is eager to work and shows they can do it, employ them, but when it comes to working with kids, I agree with the security measures nowadays.

Pkunk
29-03-2006, 01:15 PM
Some animals are more equal than others...
[/b]

damn those pigs
:verymad:

azathoth
29-03-2006, 05:08 PM
I agree with the theory that if someone is eager to work and shows they can do it, employ them, but when it comes to working with kids, I agree with the security measures nowadays.
[/b]

Is there an outbreak of kids being molested in schools or something? There's a lot of noise about it happening, but is it really that prevalent? (Honest question here, not a criticism)

letterman
29-03-2006, 05:46 PM
Is there an outbreak of kids being molested in schools or something? There's a lot of noise about it happening, but is it really that prevalent? (Honest question here, not a criticism)
[/b]

I pay my $70 a year so there better not be :mad: :mad: :mad:

Note : non- teachers who have not been fucked up the ass with a large carrot called WACOT will not understand this referance

Hussy
29-03-2006, 06:39 PM
I think its just the education department being reactive rather than proactive. Its been around forever but the media did a shite load of coverage on paedaphilia a little while ago and so the education department felt the need to be seen to be doing something. :ninja:

As for WACOT , what a load of f@cken bollocks. :mad: :verymad:

Foofie Foofie
29-03-2006, 11:36 PM
but an employer may have to LEGALLY pay you for the one shift or the whole week[/b]

Dubs, Legally, ya. But, most dont. Ironically i setup 2 cousins to do just that , even did the same with Jana with her work ..... yet when i needed specific Harley exp , and offered to work in a workshop for free, 4 days a week , 10-4pm .... i got knocked back , AND i knew the guy. He sounded freaked out .... but .... his loss.

Hussy, I was speaking in general ... for you maybe, for me, i have no papers, and i wouldnt ask any . Id hand a potential employee a sheet of alum and tell hyim a project to do ...... and i will know in a matter of 40 mins if he/she is the person i need.

Daise
04-04-2006, 08:45 AM
Update:

Big JAMATHI for sorting me a job. You're a bloody legend! :thumbsup:

Infusi0n
04-04-2006, 09:05 AM
Congrats Daise !!! :) Now tone down the pink i think my eyes are bleeding. Say will you be sandbagging in pink leathers? (at least you'd be easy to pick out of a crowd)

Daise
04-04-2006, 10:52 AM
Congrats Daise !!! :) Now tone down the pink i think my eyes are bleeding. Say will you be sandbagging in pink leathers? (at least you'd be easy to pick out of a crowd)
[/b]

unfortunately not, they'll be blue and silver to match the BHS solo riders. But I can't complain, they're free!! :teehee:

by the way:

No such thing as too much pink! :tongue:

Barfridge
04-04-2006, 10:54 AM
Congrats Daise!

And Bert, you a champ, it's great to see you helping people out.

FJ Steve
04-04-2006, 10:55 AM
Update:
THANKYOU JAMATHI for sorting me a job. You're a bloody legend! :thumbsup:
[/b]

Spill the beans Daise...has he got you polishing the Honda? What's the job?

Daise
04-04-2006, 11:14 AM
Heh it's definately a case of who you know, not what you know. He gave me the number of a guy he knows who works at a recruitment firm in Perth. So I call him and he said that Burt told him about me, and my 'plight'. So I went in yesterday for a meeting and to do all the paperwork, and no more than three hours later I get a phone saying not only do they have a job for me, but it's at the actual recruitment firm! It's an all-rounder job, a bit of data entry but it's a foot in the door! YAY!!!! :woot:

Moral of the story: Seek.com sucks arse, and Jamathi rocks. over 50 applications made on Seek and no lead, and all it took was one pm from Jamathi and I'm on my way to a career. :biggrin:

FJ Steve
04-04-2006, 11:17 AM
Congratulations..well done. You certainly have had your patience tested. Well done Bert...good work mate :thumbsup:

So...back to the topic of bikes...what does this newfound source of wealth allow you to peruse as far as your next motorbike?

GORCAT
04-04-2006, 06:57 PM
I pay my $70 a year so there better not be :mad: :mad: :mad:

Note : non- teachers who have not been fucked up the ass with a large carrot called WACOT will not understand this referance
[/b]

Cat was deregistered in WA during the time we were in South OZ after being in the system for 12 years,

when we got back and did the maths it was better (and more rewarding on all levels) to take a position in a Child care centre,

now I dont think you could get her to go through the 6 months of red tape and hundreds of dollars in lodgement fees to get back in the WA system. Her SA registration is still current and wll remain so (it took 8 months to get that)

the WACOT insertion device is far more pineapple than carrot

BTW congrats and good luck with the new job Daise,

is it with Killed Engineering?? they been looking after me on and off for 15 years.

Dingo
04-04-2006, 07:27 PM
Congrats Daise!

Sounds a lot more promising then ya last gig :smile:

Hey, are you becoming a CBD residente? if so, lunch on me !

tigerleo
04-04-2006, 07:34 PM
Congrats Daise! And Bert, you're a champ! :thumbsup:

Kassper
11-04-2006, 12:38 AM
Congrats chicky, I hope it all works out for you :)

And it's defintely true about the saying it's not what you know it's who you know, that's how I was offered the teacher's aid position, all I needed was my police clearance which I had from being a postie !