PDA

View Full Version : RAGE guest programmer - Rick Astley!!

acegalaxi
16-12-2012, 01:44 AM
OMG soooo good, just got home, flicked on RAGE, Rick Astley programming. So far heard Tom Petty and Roxy Music. Bring it!

Time to rolled in the most Rick of ways...

deano68er
16-12-2012, 02:26 AM

kapyong
16-12-2012, 07:16 AM
I looked at the playlist last night on the web, best in years so I recorded it.

Some of these bands and artists actually play musical instruments as well.................

scotch
16-12-2012, 07:22 AM
Since when did PSB turn in to Facebook?

kapyong
16-12-2012, 07:55 AM
Look at the majority of threads here, let's just call this place PSBbook from now on

shmoo
16-12-2012, 09:42 AM
Since when did PSB turn in to Facebook?
Non motorbike related discussion in the 'off topic' section of a chat forum. What is the world coming to?

scotch
16-12-2012, 09:51 AM
Non motorbike related discussion in the 'off topic' section of a chat forum. What is the world coming to?

What exactly is there to discuss?...

shmoo
16-12-2012, 10:02 AM
the awesomeness of Rick Astley :)

Ryven
16-12-2012, 10:46 AM
Here I was thinking that he was a has-been singer who, although having had some talent in his glory days was ultimately unremarkable, and that most in my generation only know his name because of a stupid meme.

Mo-Fo
16-12-2012, 12:43 PM
What was the old 80's joke? "What has a hundred legs and 3 pubic hairs?" "The front row at a Rick Astley concert".

deano68er
16-12-2012, 12:50 PM
Here I was thinking that he was a has-been singer who, although having had some talent in his glory days was ultimately unremarkable, and that most in my generation only know his name because of a stupid meme.

As opposed to the obvious talent that the tv competition winners seem to have these days... Ha

Roger Explosion
16-12-2012, 01:10 PM
Last year, while in Singapore, I went to a Rick Astley concert for the lulz. I came away converted. Dudes a great singer, charming and spent the entire set making smutty jokes about all the milfs that were there. Believe me, he is very much aware of how shitty his teen pop hits were. Hell, never going to give you up was even performed ironically.
(Best bit, the gig was on the harbour. A ferry was going past with a lot of passengers clearly coming to the edge to see what was going on. Just as they came along side, Never gunna give you up struck up. Real life Rick-Roll)

Ryven
16-12-2012, 06:43 PM
As opposed to the obvious talent that the tv competition winners seem to have these days... Ha

I don't watch TV, and seldom listen to music on commercial radio, so I'm rather happy to say I don't really know what kind of "talent" those shows are pumping out these days. Although, if the music my housemate plays up loud and sings along to is anything to go by, I dare say I'm not missing much. However, that hardly makes the guy Prince, or Trent Reznor by comparison.

waikiki
17-12-2012, 07:13 AM
I too was Rick-Rolled !, watching some of those clips (not just his, but many of the others they showed later in the morning ie. 4-6am) was like a car wreck, you just couldn't help but look. Oh dear, the fashoin !!! :lol: