PDA

View Full Version : Anonymous Vs Westboro Baptist Church, Rd. 2

Desmo
17-12-2012, 04:32 PM
http://vimeo.com/55671721

Anonymous Targets Westboro Baptist (Again) Over Threat To Picket Newtown - Forbes (http://www.forbes.com/sites/parmyolson/2012/12/17/anonymous-targets-westboro-baptist-again-over-threat-to-picket-newtown/)

peter600
17-12-2012, 04:38 PM
Good to see Stephen Hawking keeping busy....

Wedge
17-12-2012, 04:53 PM
I'm lost for words.
http://rack.0.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDEyLzEyLzE3L2ViL3dlc3Rib3JvLmpwZwpwCXRodW1iCT k1MHg1MzQjCmUJanBn/a4bd7e2c/09c/westboro.jpg

Commander Keen
17-12-2012, 05:01 PM
That looks like a tasty burger.

I want an Obama burger now..

Mr_Mike
17-12-2012, 05:44 PM
watched the Louis Theroux doco about these nutcases, they are seriously whack jobs!!! But aparently they are all lawyers and if anyone even so much as shoves them they take them to court!

17-12-2012, 06:15 PM
Interesting that there are now (unsure if its been attempted before) calls for this group to be labeled as a hate group. I'd assume this would in one way or another outlaw them?

In all seriousness, next time a nut job goes on a spree, can they target these derelict members of society?

Mo-Fo
17-12-2012, 06:23 PM
Why is it that every now and then some whackjob will go to a school an slaughter innocent kids and yet no one's gone postal on these cunts yet?

filbert
17-12-2012, 06:26 PM
Interesting that there are now (unsure if its been attempted before) calls for this group to be labeled as a hate group. I'd assume this would in one way or another outlaw them?

In all seriousness, next time a nut job goes on a spree, can they target these derelict members of society?

Why is it that every now and then some whackjob will go to a school an slaughter innocent kids and yet no one's gone postal on these cunts yet?

because they're armed to the teeth with exceptional training, they believe god is on their side but they're not taking any chances.

17-12-2012, 06:28 PM
Bet your full auto could hit a half dozen of them before they dropped their pickets...

filbert
17-12-2012, 06:32 PM
Bet your full auto could hit a half dozen of them before they dropped their pickets...

and you could snipe out the same half dozen or more from a nearby hilltop, but they truly are an exceptionally dangerous group of people and having the law on their side makes them bold.

thro
17-12-2012, 07:08 PM
Torn.

On one hand, Westboro Baptist church are a bunch of muppets, and a clear example of the power of stupidity in large groups.

On the other hand, much of anonymous are a bunch of muppets (hacker-wannabe script kiddies), and a clear example of the power of stupidity in large groups....

CitizenD
17-12-2012, 07:18 PM
It is a good time to be alive.

shmoo
17-12-2012, 07:42 PM
It is a good time to be alive.

We might be fucked up but we're not America level of fucked up.

mekon
17-12-2012, 08:35 PM
I'm honestly waiting for the conspiracy theory to come out that noone could shoot that many children in under 10 minutes with such a kill rate. It must have been special forces training or false flag operation. It's really a very sad day, people let down by care systems and a general lack of compassion in the world. I can't help but think maybe if we smiled more at each other and said 'Hi' to the stranger we get into a lift with once in a while.

(*Disclaimer if that 'stranger' turns out to be a loony murderer or you're smiling at Gorillas baring your teeth.)

CitizenD
17-12-2012, 08:41 PM
I'm honestly waiting for the conspiracy theory to come out that noone could shoot that many children in under 10 minutes with such a kill rate. It must have been special forces training or false flag operation. It's really a very sad day, people let down by care systems and a general lack of compassion in the world. I can't help but think maybe if we smiled more at each other and said 'Hi' to the stranger we get into a lift with once in a while.

(*Disclaimer if that 'stranger' turns out to be a loony murderer or you're smiling at Gorillas baring your teeth.)

Too many of us. Like when locust populations reach critical mass.

Mo-Fo
17-12-2012, 08:47 PM
because they're armed to the teeth with exceptional training, they believe god is on their side but they're not taking any chances.
Just leave a car full of explosives next to one of their roadside protests that they're always doing. Their picket schedule is available.

They're also planning on picketing the school were the shooting just happened with signs thanking God for the shooting.

Not sure how the parents will feel about signs praising the death of their little kids.

thro
17-12-2012, 08:50 PM
I'm honestly waiting for the conspiracy theory to come out that noone could shoot that many children in under 10 minutes with such a kill rate. It must have been special forces training or false flag operation.

Nah dude.

Even worse.

He played quake.

fincl
17-12-2012, 08:51 PM
Just write Inshallah on the side of the car and they can be assured it is a message from 'God'

filbert
17-12-2012, 08:52 PM

of course it's a conspiracy the CIA are putting subliminal messages in the computer games training up sleeper agents, once triggered they can be used for false flag missions to add leverage to the movement to disarm private citizens, with the citizens disarmed the president can issue executive orders to declare himself supreme leader and a state of emergency, deploying national guard and military personnel for security operations with shoot to kill orders on their own countrymen for dissent or anti government protests etc

most of the plan has already been carried out in previous attempts at installing the new world order, some would have learned in history about that guy with the funny mustache and emo fringe who tried something similar around the time of WW2.

those who learn from history are doomed to watch the US repeat it.

GreenMeanie
17-12-2012, 08:54 PM
of course it's a conspiracy the CIA are putting subliminal messages in the computer games training up sleeper agents, once triggered they can be used for false flag missions to add leverage to the movement to disarm private citizens, with the citizens disarmed the president can issue executive orders to declare himself supreme leader and a state of emergency, deploying national guard and military personnel for security operations with shoot to kill orders on their own countrymen for dissent or anti government protests etc

most of the plan has already been carried out in previous attempts at installing the new world order, some would have learned in history about that guy with the funny mustache and emo fringe who tried something similar around the time of WW2.

those who learn from history are doomed to watch the US repeat it.

I've always been suspicious of 3D Blox.

Barfridge
17-12-2012, 08:57 PM
Gotta respect them, for they are the highest masters of trolling.

Makes CitD look like a kid pretending his brother did it

Taz
17-12-2012, 09:06 PM
got to love a thread that is actually wishing that someone goes postal on them and shoots the shit out of them just cause you dont agree with them....
so the killing of large groups is only horrendous as long as you think they are likable or children...but great if you think they are a bunch of whack jobs...

and now you know why the world is all sorts of fucked up.....killing is ok given the right reasons

Desmo
17-12-2012, 09:11 PM
got to love a thread that is actually wishing that someone goes postal on them and shoots the shit out of them just cause you dont agree with them....

Where did you draw that conclusion from? Or are you just making things up and believing them again?

shan
17-12-2012, 09:13 PM
Post 9 by 96

Desmo
17-12-2012, 09:15 PM
One post by a user with a history of narrow minded leanings does not "make the thread about".

Ryven
17-12-2012, 09:26 PM
I'm honestly waiting for the conspiracy theory to come out that noone could shoot that many children in under 10 minutes with such a kill rate. It must have been special forces training or false flag operation.

I forget which shooting spree it was, some time ago now, but it was a young guy who shot up a whole bunch of people with what was considered disturbing accuracy and efficiency at the time. Turned out the most part of the kids experience with guns was from shooting video games.

Taz
17-12-2012, 10:04 PM
Desmo dont kick the sleeping dog as when it gets annoyed it has a long memory and there are others that also have a long memory in trying to help you out.....there are people far worse than me that have questions for you....

as Shan said post 9 in this thread called for killing of a certain group.....I believe it is called justafied homicide if you thinking is off centre

chew
17-12-2012, 10:16 PM
I forget which shooting spree it was, some time ago now, but it was a young guy who shot up a whole bunch of people with what was considered disturbing accuracy and efficiency at the time. Turned out the most part of the kids experience with guns was from shooting video games.

Michael Carneal

Eight shots, eight different people, five head shots, three upper torso, never fired a pistol before.

17-12-2012, 10:16 PM
i may have been missunderstood here.

would i support the act? no.
killing is killing. the groups action does not justify the act.

what i intended to say was, if you want to go out with a bang, and make the news, why hasnt someone targeted a more specific group. westborough, or otherwise.
why schools everytime?
sure, it invokes emotion in many, quite easily, for obvious reasons, but there ARE other options (for those that way inclined)

Shady7/8
17-12-2012, 10:33 PM
Enough others have discussed the concept. In this same thread. Explosives, car with Inshallah on it etc etc.

They need to be put away in padded cells. I agree that people have the right to a differing perspective to me, but when their perspective endangers my life, or my ability to enjoy a free thinking life, we have an issue.

Taz
17-12-2012, 10:38 PM
96...i tried to copy Morgan Freemans response to this same question but it didnt work

if the gunman targeted a bunch of know activists/whackjobs then the media and infamy would not be achieved....
the media goes to town on schools etc being targeted..

I again watched a news story on this tonight and 4 victims got mentioned by name but the name of the shooter was mentioned at least 10 times.....

Taz
17-12-2012, 10:40 PM
Michael Carneal

Eight shots, eight different people, five head shots, three upper torso, never fired a pistol before.

strangely enough the people I take to pistol shooting for the first time are very accurate until they try to control what the gun does...the first dozen shots are usually very on target...

CitizenD
17-12-2012, 10:49 PM
Michael Carneal

My sister, the first time she fired a pistol, had a grouping of less than 1 inch at 15 meters all 8 rounds. She's never played an FPS, I don't recall her even using a water pistol. Scary shit.

So 96, essentially what you're getting at is, if you're going to be unhinged sociopath at least be a helpful unhinged sociopath? Take out the trash on your way out.

CitizenD
17-12-2012, 10:55 PM
Gotta respect them, for they are the highest masters of trolling.

Makes CitD look like a kid pretending his brother did it

I hack lowtech.

filbert
17-12-2012, 11:18 PM
as the yanks keep posting on Facebook all of these mass shooting have been gun free zones, you're not going to get a decent body count against Westboro they'll fight back and they've had training in how to do so.

there was an attempt in Oregon not long beforehand in a shopping mall the story goes that he only got to 2 before someone pulled a gun on him and he ran off and killed himself.

You need the fish in a barrel scenario to make history.

Schools, cinemas, shopping malls, where people are least likely to expect it and the probability of armed resistance is low.

It's another of many variables that keeps their gun culture thriving, they know they're surrounded by people who think just like they do and carrying a gun gives them a fighting chance, when the switch is tripped on the next loony he might be stopped at a handful of victims instead of having to take off their socks when they run out of fingers and bring a friend to keep count.

Barfridge
17-12-2012, 11:18 PM
Do you, or is that nostars?

17-12-2012, 11:46 PM
So 96, essentially what you're getting at is, if you're going to be unhinged sociopath at least be a helpful unhinged sociopath? Take out the trash on your way out.

Yeah. Why do these types always go for infamy. Shoot the right people and you'll be less hated, but equally remembered.

CitizenD
18-12-2012, 10:05 AM
Do you, or is that nostars?

This may be a surprise to you but he's seriously skilled in hi-tech bastardry.

Älen
18-12-2012, 10:11 AM
watched the Louis Theroux doco about these nutcases, they are seriously whack jobs!!! But aparently they are all lawyers and if anyone even so much as shoves them they take them to court!

Here is the 2ed one he did...
ABC iview (http://www.abc.net.au/iview/#/view/29206)

They are whacked jobs....

CitizenD
18-12-2012, 10:23 AM
Look for Kevin Smith Red State (inspired by WBC) Q&As. He invited the Phelps flock to the screening and has ex members Josh and Libby Phelps take the mic and talk about their views on WBC.

Smith has had a very long relationship with WBC and has always managed to turn it into quite an amusing show.

Not the best version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv7Z_u1U8go

Skut
18-12-2012, 04:03 PM
The best of Fred Phelps....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fuet7GRv7Bo

...oops

=Maz=
18-12-2012, 04:44 PM
Here is the 2ed one he did...
ABC iview (http://www.abc.net.au/iview/#/view/29206)

They are whacked jobs....

Watched it.
Holy fuck...whack jobs is such an understatement for this mob.

Desmo
18-12-2012, 05:52 PM
Desmo dont kick the sleeping dog as when it gets annoyed it has a long memory and there are others that also have a long memory in trying to help you out.....there are people far worse than me that have questions for you....

Oh give it a rest, Taz.
***EDITED OUT BY JIM***

Actually, forget it. Enjoy your life, Taz.

Eugene
18-12-2012, 06:06 PM
Watch a movie called red state, similar with crazy "Christians", but the movie is more on the anti gay side of things.
Awesome movie if you ask me, great storyline.
I'm Christian, but Fuck me these idiots are hearing voices from inside their heads not God. Absolute whackjobs..

Skut
18-12-2012, 06:28 PM
I'm Christian, but Fuck me these idiots are hearing voices from inside their heads not God.

No disrespect, but how do you tell the difference?

filbert
18-12-2012, 06:53 PM
a christian may just be living what they consider a christ like existence, be good to your fellow man, forgiving, turn the other cheek etc and a belief in god rather than blindly following a church or the word of god as presented by a church leader.

whereas a whackjob is either brainwashed or delusional :)

CitizenD
18-12-2012, 07:42 PM
Anybody truly believing in a supernatural paternal entity is a whackjob in my eyes. I don't trust cunts who think there's some kind of afterlife. The philosophies of charity and the like are great to live your life by, but seriously if you can accept the truth about the tooth fairy, the easter bunny, santa claus and the female orgasm - why can't you let this god thing go?

Eugene
18-12-2012, 08:09 PM
No disrespect, but how do you tell the difference?

None taken.

This is coming from what I believe; God will not tell you to put up picket signs that say "God hates fags" and Anal penetration = eternal damnation and stuff about abortions...
Also personally I've never heard the voice of God, So i wouldn't know. But if you are christian and have good sense, then a voice tells you to form a clan and then commit mass suicide, I'd highly consider you checking yourself into a mental asylum. Because that is just crazy.

a christian may just be living what they consider a christ like existence, be good to your fellow man, forgiving, turn the other cheek etc and a belief in god rather than blindly following a church or the word of god as presented by a church leader.

whereas a whackjob is either brainwashed or delusional :)

This Is brilliantly said. Good man.

Taz
18-12-2012, 09:02 PM
Oh give it a rest, Taz.
***EDITED OUT BY JIM***

Actually, forget it. Enjoy your life, Taz.

I am enjoying my life very much but every now and then some leech ( seemily forgetting that i gave them an opportunity, paid for a ute for them to drive around in and pay off on a fortnightly basis only to be stabbed in the back as the work wasnt good enough and needed to be lanced on the spot to stop any futher problems and retained a shit load of tools supposedly in what he called a "lien" which ultimately lead to me being asked to look elsewhere for work) from my past pops thier ugly head up and makes a stupid comment...took a few years to recover and I still didnt advise said owner of tools where you moved to.....but he does know and I guess he is a very patient person as you can still type....

i enjoy the smirk that typing that out gave me.....
as i said "dont poke the sleeping dog" i am enjoying my respite

CitizenD
18-12-2012, 09:13 PM
I am enjoying my life very much but every now and then some leech ( seemily forgetting that i gave them an opportunity, paid for a ute for them to drive around in and pay off on a fortnightly basis only to be stabbed in the back as the work wasnt good enough and needed to be lanced on the spot to stop any futher problems and retained a shit load of tools supposedly in what he called a "lien" which ultimately lead to me being asked to look elsewhere for work) from my past pops thier ugly head up and makes a stupid comment...took a few years to recover and I still didnt advise said owner of tools where you moved to.....but he does know and I guess he is a very patient person as you can still type....

I sense a lock coming....

Skut
18-12-2012, 09:18 PM

I sense a take it it to PM, phone, or email rather than kill a thread?

andymac
18-12-2012, 09:18 PM
This is starting to feel like a competition to see who can eat the most dog turds. Sure you can win, but do you want to?

In other news I hope everybody involved with WBC dies in a fire

CitizenD
18-12-2012, 09:22 PM
Good opportunity though to drop a nugget of unsolicited pseudo-wisdom.

Never offer a favour to someone you can't forgive for disappointing you.

peter600
18-12-2012, 09:35 PM
Never mind Westboro, what about football fans....?/

Sandy hook shooting News, Video and Gossip - Deadspin (http://deadspin.com/sandy-hook-shooting/)

CitizenD
18-12-2012, 09:46 PM
Never mind Westboro, what about football fans....?/

Sandy hook shooting News, Video and Gossip - Deadspin (http://deadspin.com/sandy-hook-shooting/)

Wouldn't it be great if it turned out it was actually Obama?

Kia
18-12-2012, 09:50 PM
http://christwire.org/2012/02/skrillex-uses-satanic-and-homosexual-influence-to-win-grammys/

Over 100% of homosexual gays listen to, or have listened to Skrillex in their life — mostly while participating in door-to-door recruitment for sex orgies or attempting to molest children in one of the patented “Rape Vans” used by the gay homo community.

It is rumored that 1 in 3 women are raped at a Skrillex concert and forced to abort their children soon after.

As for WBBC, their just like children. Don't pay attention to them and they'll go away. Also this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoxhPL1B9qc

CitizenD
18-12-2012, 09:52 PM
It's like he's doing all his research on 4-chan.

Desmo
18-12-2012, 09:56 PM

I try to refrain from spilling the past, especially on a public forum. It's pretty poor form and as I've tried to work this out in the past with you, numerous times, via PM I see no need to air this all in public; hence, my edited post.
I seem to remember things remarkably differently, Taz but considering we are both obviously passionate people, perhaps there are flaws in both our thinkings. I'll not go into specifics again with you as I have on phone and PM as you seem incapable of actually viewing this from any perspective other than your own and it would be fruitless to air it here on a public forum.
If you'd like to resolve this issue then feel free to drop me a civil and open PM and we can chat about this as adults, if you can't, just let it go.
And I'm sorry if you feel the need to blame me because of a turn your life took.

Skut
18-12-2012, 10:09 PM
http://christwire.org/2012/02/skrillex-uses-satanic-and-homosexual-influence-to-win-grammys/

As for WBBC, their just like children. Don't pay attention to them and they'll go away. Also this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoxhPL1B9qc

All noise and not even a burnout? Biker fail.

CitizenD
18-12-2012, 10:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT0Op_haMsU

18-12-2012, 10:18 PM
None taken.

This is coming from what I believe; God will not tell you to put up picket signs that say "God hates fags" and Anal penetration = eternal damnation and stuff about abortions...
Also personally I've never heard the voice of God, So i wouldn't know. But if you are christian and have good sense, then a voice tells you to form a clan and then commit mass suicide, I'd highly consider you checking yourself into a mental asylum. Because that is just crazy.

Ever read the old testament?

Openly admitting you're a Christian in a thread about wbbc is just asking to be called 'a whackjob'.

darth lefty
18-12-2012, 10:21 PM
Openly admitting you're a Christian in a thread about wbbc is just asking to be called 'a whackjob'.

You're precisely right! It is like riding a motorcycle makes you a hoon!

Skut
18-12-2012, 10:31 PM
Quoting Leviticus is like strapping your dick to a tree and inviting believers to throw rocks at it when you last fantasised about Summer Glau... oh dear

18-12-2012, 10:40 PM
I really have no response for you lefty...

Your comment doesn't even make sense to me.

Call it how you see it I guess, but I see people who ride motorcycles as motorcyclists.
I see people who believe in the word of 'god' as religious.

I as a motorcyclist am not going to care how others enjoy their set of two wheels.
I find the fact that a religious man can differentiate between the sanity of his (uh, I mean the church's) beliefs and another religious man's beliefs, quite laughable.

filbert
18-12-2012, 10:47 PM

Call it how you see it I guess, but I see people who ride motorcycles as motorcyclists.

I as a motorcyclist am not going to care how others enjoy their set of two wheels.
I find the fact that a religious man can differentiate between the sanity of his (uh, I mean the church's) beliefs and another religious man's beliefs, quite laughable.

you must be a honda rider

18-12-2012, 10:59 PM
you must be a honda rider

http://www.mememaker.net/static/images/templates/14288.jpg

Kia
18-12-2012, 11:00 PM

Can I just ask you a few questions? How old are you and What social class would you say you belonged to growing?

CitizenD
18-12-2012, 11:01 PM
I guess we know what the number is now.

filbert
18-12-2012, 11:01 PM
yep honda riders are odd :lol:

18-12-2012, 11:03 PM
Um... Looked after, but far from wealthy(have never defined my 'social class' before)

CitizenD
18-12-2012, 11:05 PM
Fffaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrk.

Kia
18-12-2012, 11:06 PM
Um... Looked after, but far from wealthy(have never defined my 'social class' before)

Did you ever live in a poor country or live in a state of poverty/famine/war for an extended period of time? Divorce, simplistic family/friend quarrels and drugs don't count.

18-12-2012, 11:15 PM
Oh It's 20 questions!

No.

Next.

thro
18-12-2012, 11:15 PM
None taken.

Who are you to judge god's will?

18-12-2012, 11:17 PM
God's*

Capitalise that Shit, thro.

Kia
18-12-2012, 11:30 PM
EDIT:

Fuck it, I'd really rather avoid a flame war.

CitizenD
18-12-2012, 11:43 PM
If we had had the DSM back then prophets would be known as schizophrenics.

GreenMeanie
19-12-2012, 12:27 AM
Did you ever live in a poor country or live in a state of poverty/famine/war for an extended period of time? Divorce, simplistic family/friend quarrels and drugs don't count.

I'm interested in the reason why you asked this question?

I'm just supposing it was to backup your comment about billions can't be wrong. Once humanity looses all hope they turn to a God.

Aren't we a feeble lot!

Eugene
19-12-2012, 02:21 AM
Ever read the old testament?

Each to their own opinion.

darth lefty
19-12-2012, 04:19 AM

But if you struggle to see beyond religious and into fundamentalist or extremist then there is really not much point in me being high brow with you.

Drasius
19-12-2012, 06:47 AM
But if you struggle to see beyond religious and into fundamentalist or extremist then there is really not much point in me being high brow with you.

You're on PSB, there's generally not much point in ever being highbrow around here.

Buffle
19-12-2012, 07:51 AM
Back on topic, I like the idea of anonymous but have to ask: which organisation have they brought to its knees thus far?

zebathin
19-12-2012, 09:58 AM
Did anything come of them hitting that security company, or was that the other group?

Dragunov-21
19-12-2012, 10:10 AM

Actually, they've been bombed once or twice...

CitizenD
19-12-2012, 10:12 AM
Are we advocating executing the mentally ill or deranged now?

Back on topic, I like the idea of anonymous but have to ask: which organisation have they brought to its knees thus far?

Apparently a Law firm that represented some jarheads who shot up a few civilians. I know that doesn't narrow it down much. I never saw the epilogue to it all, for all I know they managed to make the pays a week late. Google it, I'm sure you'll find something.

I just like the idea that whilst governments around the world are trying to force regulation of the internet - which has been a social revolution for good and bad - that enough people are concerned with the history of technology being used by governments against the population, they've chosen to use it as a tool and a weapon, like in any rebellion. I think it's cool.

Skut
19-12-2012, 10:15 AM
Are we advocating executing the mentally ill or deranged now?

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/13200000/Khan-Noonien-Singh-star-trek-the-movies-13224024-1170-1485.jpg

Good ole eugenics? What could possibly be wrong with that ;)

filbert
19-12-2012, 10:20 AM
why stop with the mentally ill or deranged? just eliminate anyone unproductive or detrimental to society :)

Commander Keen
19-12-2012, 10:33 AM
why stop with the mentally ill or deranged? just eliminate anyone unproductive or detrimental to society :)

Don't start with that shit again, it was hard enough making it through last time.

filbert
19-12-2012, 10:43 AM
Don't start with that shit again, it was hard enough making it through last time.

well that's no fun, i seldom get the opportunity to extol the virtues of utilitarian bioethicism :)

CitizenD
19-12-2012, 10:54 AM
well that's no fun, i seldom get the opportunity to extol the virtues of utilitarian bioethicism :)

What the hell are you doing working at the G? :confused: That was both too many syllables and far too obscure a field of knowledge for a G-oon.

filbert
19-12-2012, 11:00 AM
i have antisocial traits that make me unsuitable for working with others :)

the two go together :lol:

CitizenD
19-12-2012, 11:07 AM
i have antisocial traits that make me unsuitable for working with others :)

the two go together :lol:

You'd have been made leading hand if you were working for Central.

filbert
19-12-2012, 11:16 AM
You'd have been made leading hand if you were working for Central.

i'm surprised you never heard of me, i was the clown who arrived on the back wheel and rolled a stoppie into the parking lot in the middle of a safety/toolbox meeting and all the directors were there watching :)

i negotiated a couple of EBA's and had a couple of notable run ins with people that you mentioned in PM one where i said "if DM speaks to me like that again i will reach over the desk and strangle him" he was upset about me threatening him until i explained that it was not a threat but a fact and he's been polite to me ever since :)

CitizenD
19-12-2012, 11:51 AM
i'm surprised you never heard of me, i was the clown who arrived on the back wheel and rolled a stoppie into the parking lot in the middle of a safety/toolbox meeting and all the directors were there watching :)

i negotiated a couple of EBA's and had a couple of notable run ins with people that you mentioned in PM one where i said "if DM speaks to me like that again i will reach over the desk and strangle him" he was upset about me threatening him until i explained that it was not a threat but a fact and he's been polite to me ever since :)

PM - I'll show you mine if you show me yours. Maybe I can work it out.

Wedge
17-04-2013, 07:53 PM
So they are back in all their "glory"

Anonymous To Westboro Baptist Church: Picket Boston Marathon Funerals At Your Own Risk (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/16/anonymous-westboro-boston-picket-marathon-funerals_n_3093516.html)

Speed Dealer
17-04-2013, 08:02 PM
Anonymous hacked Westboro's Facebook today

http://i.imgur.com/eB2L1lI.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/8YwxOxM.png
http://i.imgur.com/yqRanHt.png
http://i.imgur.com/X4pXNeM.png
http://i.imgur.com/qNTWVeS.png

Dragunov-21
17-04-2013, 08:07 PM
I hope they picket, if only to see what the "full wrath of the online community" amounts to.

Wedge
17-04-2013, 08:10 PM
I wonder, Westboro's whole financing is making people angry so they get assaulted, etc and then sue them.
At what point does someone go, ahh fuggit, and just plain kills them all? Can't sue if you are dead..
Then again, from the documentary I'm pretty sure Westboro are armed to the teeth and do regular target practise, anyone wanting to take them out might want to bring an army..

AliastheJester
17-04-2013, 08:11 PM
They only need to be able to inform people of the need to create a counter protest. If we're hearing about it in Australia you can be sure the locals know about it.
Edit: Can you imagine the fuss they would make if it was them being attacked by 'terrorists'. "Oh we are just innocent good Christians who have never done anything wrong, why do these terrible people hate us?"

17-04-2013, 08:17 PM
I am truly amazed these lot have not been taken out yet.

It can't be 'that' hard.

Desmo
17-04-2013, 08:34 PM
If you can bomb a marathon, surely bombing a church wouldn't be that hard.

17-04-2013, 08:42 PM
If you can bomb a marathon, surely bombing a church wouldn't be that hard.

Putting aside the fact I think a government funded courtesy package dropped from a military plane would be perfectly accepted, it is hard to fathom that of all the crap that goes on in America, and the objections to this 'church', there hasn't been a successful extremist (though probably quite rational) atack on this fucks.

Slice
17-04-2013, 08:55 PM
fairly surprised that some navy seal type person hasn't snapped after their protests at soldier's funerals and gone Rambo on their ass. I don't think anyone would blame them.

Barfridge
17-04-2013, 09:16 PM
So now you're wishing death on those you don't agree with?

17-04-2013, 09:18 PM
yes.

There are people with opinions, and there are people who are wrong.

Slice
17-04-2013, 09:26 PM

Wishing Death on people who are wishing death on others? as Hypocritical as it sounds, at least the people I'm wishing death on are wishing it on innocent children. I think it's wise to ask the question "how long until one of the 'followers' decides that not enough is happening to 'save' the world from itself and gets all ancient crusade about it?"

I should also be clear, the more preferable option is that they shut the fuck up and stop preaching hate under the guise of religion. Everybody wins.

Speed Dealer
17-04-2013, 09:33 PM

"It's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her not to be alive anymore."

-Stewie Griffin-

Dragunov-21
18-04-2013, 06:12 AM
They only need to be able to inform people of the need to create a counter protest. If we're hearing about it in Australia you can be sure the locals know about it.
Edit: Can you imagine the fuss they would make if it was them being attacked by 'terrorists'. "Oh we are just innocent good Christians who have never done anything wrong, why do these terrible people hate us?"

Actually, the one thing they've got going for them is their strength of will, I feel. They've been bombed before and I'm pretty sure their only response was laughing in the faces of them wot did it, calling them fags and such and claiming that it was God's love for them that stopped them from getting killed.

No idea how they'd react if one of them got killed, but I suspect it'd just be more hate.

Is that inherently wrong?

Commander Keen
18-04-2013, 02:03 PM
Is that inherently wrong?

It depends on your perspective however it could be suggested that you are just as immoral as WBC.

Dragunov-21
18-04-2013, 02:16 PM
Anything could be suggested.

WBC exercises their ability to purposefully have a negative impact on the lives and freedoms of others. I believe that to be immoral. Would I zot them out of existence if I had God-powers? Maybe, maybe not. Would I judge anyone else for wishing they were dead? Nope.

Would the wish to kill them (or act of killing them) be immoral but become morally correct the moment the prevailing community attitude swayed toward killing them for their actions? Because that's the only reason they're not allowed to be killed - law that stems from prevailing community attitude at the time it was drafted.

I also suggest it is never immoral to think or wish something; that would be a thought crime, and I don't believe such exists.

Commander Keen
18-04-2013, 02:32 PM
So to prevent WBC from having a negative impact on the lives and freedoms of others.. You want to have a negative impact on the lives and freedoms of WBC.

I don't see the difference myself. They're wishing someone dead (fags, etc) but not acting on it. How does that make them any different to people wishing WBC were dead but saying "I would never act on it"?

I'm not supporting WBC in any way, personally I think they're the lowest of the low, but people/the media is it's own worst enemy in giving these loony tunes a voice. Their whole game is to provoke a reaction.

AliastheJester
18-04-2013, 02:43 PM
They show the ugly side of free speech. Just because someone feels they have something to say, doesn't mean anyone should have to listen to it. I suspect in Australia they would have been removed by the police as soon as they tried to start any of their protests, if not gaoled for what they say.

Dragunov-21
18-04-2013, 03:08 PM
So to prevent WBC from having a negative impact on the lives and freedoms of others.. You want to have a negative impact on the lives and freedoms of WBC.

Want to implies intent with a lack of power, but let's posit that for a minute.

Yes, just as we (as a society) force a negative impact on the freedoms of any number of other transgressors in the form of fines, jail terms or other sanctions. It's in no way an alien concept.

It's not because they want fags dead that I might support sanctions against them by the community, it's because they cause intentional disruption and harm to the lives of others who, by community standards, should be protected. The bigotry and hate is merely an aggravating circumstance.

The other part is that some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them, so I wouldn't shed too many tears were someone to think it worth the jail time.

What would I support in practice? Getting the cops to issue move-on orders at the first sign of a picket at a funeral. I think that specifying funerals as a sacred place free from protest would be far enough away from "the thin end of the wedge".

smoothpierre
18-04-2013, 03:14 PM
Free speech has been allowing Idiots to out themselves just by opening their mouths!
Without free speech idiots would only be identified by their actions and a lot more innocent people would get hurt!:lol:

Desmo
18-04-2013, 03:21 PM
I have no issues with free speech, and the rationalist part of my brain says they are entitled to do so without fear of reprisals.
Then there is a part of me that wants to see them push it too far and get ruined by Anonymous or beaten shitless by a bunch of bikies.

Dragunov-21
18-04-2013, 04:10 PM
ruined by Anonymous

Ahaha, you funny man, I like you...

Unless the good Reverend has been fiddling kids and storing the evidence on his fb, of course...

beaten shitless by a bunch of bikies.

More likely this.