PDA

View Full Version : Car detailer required asap.

benlikesbikes
22-12-2012, 10:40 AM
Hi guys, anyone got a number for a detailer i'm perth, my wife's waters broke in the car and I want to get the seat cleaned asap as I've heard that shit stinks if left for too long. Thanks in advance.

Ben.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

GIXXEN
22-12-2012, 10:41 AM
fuck !

I just lost my drink out my nose !

kennyboy
22-12-2012, 10:48 AM
Gold, trade the car in

22-12-2012, 10:53 AM
Phildo

Isn't this your expertise...

Lolly
22-12-2012, 11:07 AM
yoiks.
The guys at Morley Galleria in the undercover area under Myer do a great job on detailing our car but they only have to clean doggy paw prints off leather - not sure about their experience with regards to this though. And you can go shopping while you wait and buy your Mrs something very expensive and beautiful.. :)

Hope the birth goes smoothly from here - if it hasn't already happened. Congrats in advance.

Fozzy
22-12-2012, 11:11 AM
Set it on fire. Claim insurance.

Nine
22-12-2012, 11:36 AM
I think you might need more than a general detailer when it's biological waste. Fresh out of school I was detailing and we did cars that Ppl died in etc but I think the bloke who ran it specialized.

Sprint
22-12-2012, 11:48 AM
GrimeScene Clean Welcome to Grimescene.com.au! (http://www.grimescene.com.au/)

All the best for wife and baby :)

S.

Phildo
22-12-2012, 08:07 PM
Phildo (http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/member.php?u=5421)

Isn't this your expertise...

1) Have a waterproof seat cover on the seat.

2) Be a big bastard, look the person directly in the eye and tell them straight out that if they put one drop of bodily fluid in your car then you're going to take them out past Mundairing and beat the living shit out of them. Proceed to then stare ahead with an angry, raging look on your face, like you are fighting back urges to just thump them now. Also explain that once you've taken them out to Mundairing and thumped them, that you'll be leaving them 12km down a gravel track... minus wallet, phone and shoes (ie walking 12km of gravel barefoot = pain). Or, simply don't puke in the car.

Basically, create two options, where the most appealing one is to not make a mess in the car in the first place.

Of course, this strategy may not be appropriate for one's wife if you want her to continue to be your wife. Highly applicable to excessively drunk people though, including possibly the occasional in-law.

Edit: next time you're taking a knocked up chick somewhere, chuck a plastic rubbish bag on the seat first. For your task, you can probably pull the seat apart, wash the seat cover in a washing machine and either hose out or replace the seat foam.

Fusion
22-12-2012, 08:11 PM
lol im a detailer but our work is closed for 2weeks over xmas. but my friends flatmate is a mobile detailer, il see if i can get his number for you.

Para045
22-12-2012, 09:28 PM
fuck !

I just lost my drink out my nose !

As long as it wasn't in your car otherwise you may need a detailer :rolleyes:

benlikesbikes
22-12-2012, 09:50 PM
Couldn't get anyone today so I rented a carpet cleaner with upholstery head and had a good go with that, it looks clean, will see if there's a nice stink for me in the morning.

Now, here's the fucking unbelievable bit. I had put a disposable mechanics type seat cover on the seat the night before, you know, just in case..open the door for wife mid contraction at 530am and she said she didn't want to be treated like a wet dog, I put my point across that it was better safe than sorry, "how demeaning", she was in control of her body and would know of her waters were going to break ffs! so I dutifully removed the cover. I hadn't even backed HALF A CAR LENGTH out of the garage and she says "oh Jesus! My waters just broke" I knew she wasn't joking...

If I didn't know what she was about to go through I might have uttered I told you so...

Fusion
22-12-2012, 10:31 PM
conrates on the new baby Ben:)

D'Artagnan
22-12-2012, 10:34 PM
'Grats!

SomeBloke
22-12-2012, 11:57 PM
Congrats!

Biffer
23-12-2012, 01:34 AM
boy or girl? thats some chrissie prezzie congrats!

Phildo
23-12-2012, 05:21 AM
Couldn't get anyone today so I rented a carpet cleaner with upholstery head and had a good go with that, it looks clean, will see if there's a nice stink for me in the morning.
Are you able to unbolt and remove the seat? That will at least get the source of the smell out of the car.

Brute
23-12-2012, 06:27 AM

Now, here's the fucking unbelievable bit. I had put a disposable mechanics type seat cover on the seat the night before, you know, just in case..open the door for wife mid contraction at 530am and she said she didn't want to be treated like a wet dog, I put my point across that it was better safe than sorry, "how demeaning", she was in control of her body and would know of her waters were going to break ffs! so I dutifully removed the cover. I hadn't even backed HALF A CAR LENGTH out of the garage and she says "oh Jesus! My waters just broke" I knew she wasn't joking...

If I didn't know what she was about to go through I might have uttered I told you so...

So why are you the one doing the cleaning then? Tell her to stop being lazy, and get out there.

JamieBlade
23-12-2012, 07:29 AM
Now, here's the fucking unbelievable bit.....very funny story.....If I didn't know what she was about to go through I might have uttered I told you so...
That's awesome! My wife and I could be in this same situation in the next few weeks, so I'll try to get her used to the seat cover idea now!

Rooboy
23-12-2012, 07:32 AM
Congratulations.

Boy or Girl?

benlikesbikes
23-12-2012, 08:45 AM
Cheers guys, we had a boy, he's quite a large one at 4kg, all his bits are where they should be and has good grip with his throttle hand.

He's got a brother 18 months older than him so here's to lots of camping and riding shenanigans!

Para045
23-12-2012, 10:53 AM
Are you able to unbolt and remove the seat? That will at least get the source of the smell out of the car.

+1 I had to do this a few years back when the dog decided to get the runs on the back seat :o Took forever to get the stink out and dry the seat :huh:

Pixie
23-12-2012, 12:21 PM
Hahaha! We could be in this situation any day in the next few weeks! Except, it's my car, so I'll be the one concerned :-D