PDA

View Full Version : Rider Down - Bike vs. Car - Huntingdale

bkm2009
19-02-2013, 05:24 PM
Just seen on Facebook...

Bike vs. Car, corner Warton road and Garden street, Huntingdale.

Hope rider is ok.

Mr_Mike
19-02-2013, 05:51 PM
missus just called me cos she drove thru it, looks like someone has shot the light and the bike and car have collided, she said its a complete mess but there is no ambos on site. Bike with yellow fairings she said.

mekon
19-02-2013, 05:56 PM
Yep, the bike looks familiar, I'm hoping for a pm soon I know someone local with the scheme. Not putting anything else up.

Kawasaki cat
19-02-2013, 06:04 PM
just passed this, there were 2 police cars and a fire truck .

hope it wasn't to bad but the bike looked like a mess, heal fast rider.

bkm2009
19-02-2013, 06:22 PM
Mainroads have this on their page,, quite vague as usual

Entered: 19/02/2013 5:53:34 PM
CRASH – INTERSECTION OF WARTON ROAD AND GARDEN STREET, THORNLIE

As a result Garden Street (westbound) has been closed and Warton Road (southbound) is reduced to one lane.

Emergency Services are on site.

Motorists are advised to avoid the area where possible.

Kristy
19-02-2013, 06:25 PM
bkm2009 - when was it posted on FB/does it say when it was (obviously recent, but how recent)?

bkm2009
19-02-2013, 06:31 PM
bkm2009 - when was it posted on FB/does it say when it was (obviously recent, but how recent)?

Was posted an hour ago on 'Perth WA Revenue Raisers Alert' page

some comments;

Certainly does not look good bloke down stripped of riding gear ambos treating but he looks unconscious only one lane open freeway bound

hope the guy on the bike is ok. the bike was yellow an black an had Corona on the side panel... doesnt look good at all

Kristy
19-02-2013, 06:34 PM
Thanks bkm2009. Have just heard from the person I was worried about. Dread is a terrible feeling - is kinda why I don't really like rider down threads - those that need to know, will know/find out :(
Fingers crossed for the unknown rider though.

CROSSFIRE
19-02-2013, 06:34 PM
I went past but there was no ambo or rider to be seen. looked like a white holden captiva involved and parked on the medium strip heading south. 3 people were kept seperate by the police and about 4 cars and a police bike sectioned off the road.

the bike looked a mess. really hope they are ok.

thebradybunch
19-02-2013, 06:39 PM
Crash happened around 4:50pm. Mate of mine was around that area when it happened.

kessen
19-02-2013, 06:46 PM
There are a lot of police around now, with a car as far as the roundabout of Forest Lakes Dr/Huntingdale Rd/Warton Rd blocking access west on Warton. Hope the rider is okay, with such a heavy police presence...

shortSteve
19-02-2013, 06:50 PM
Not the stolen 99 gsxr750 Corona by chance? big number "7" in the tail? These are rare, hoping for a good outcome for all regardless.

mekon
19-02-2013, 07:10 PM
Pretty sure I saw the camel scheme on it. If it's a bloke it's not who I thought it was, unless their partner is riding it. Either way heal well rider.

ZAN
19-02-2013, 07:37 PM
Saw it happen.
Was alistaire corona.
Rider went throught very very red light and hit white captiva.
Poor driver could not have done anything.
Was very disturbing accident.

DreamTheater
19-02-2013, 08:25 PM
Just around the corner from my place, hoping for a good outcome.

Macey
19-02-2013, 09:41 PM
went past there after work at 9, fuzz everywhere. bike is in a million pieces. whole intersection is blocked off

bkm2009
19-02-2013, 09:50 PM
Just seen reports the rider died en route to hospital.

RIP rider.

Eugene
19-02-2013, 10:00 PM
RIP rider, very sad news.

bkm2009
19-02-2013, 10:33 PM
mainroads advise the following road closures are in place;

Warton Road and Garden Street have been closed in both direction and traffic management is in place at the following intersections:

Garden Street / Forest Crescent
Garden Street / Harpenden Street
Warton Road / Shrene Road
Warton Road / Blue Gum Road
Warton Road / Forest Lakes Drive

Sookie
19-02-2013, 10:40 PM
RIP rider...

truewheel
19-02-2013, 10:47 PM
Rest in Peace rider, so sad - one moments lapse in concentration.

Keep focus everyone...

cpw80
20-02-2013, 03:13 AM
Roads are now open (2am).... I was the traffic management crew leader out there. It appears he was being chased by an unmarked cop car and ran the red light at 4:40pm. And yes he died on the way to hospital, looked like a yellow & white gsxr with lots of sponsor type stickers on it (Mobil etc etc) rip rider

Para045
20-02-2013, 04:19 AM
Roads are now open (2am).... I was the traffic management crew leader out there. It appears he was being chased by an unmarked cop car and ran the red light at 4:40pm. And yes he died on the way to hospital, looked like a yellow & white gsxr with lots of sponsor type stickers on it (Mobil etc etc) rip rider

I guess they aborted the chase just before he crashed as well :whistling:

MJP
20-02-2013, 05:10 AM
Motorcyclist crashes while evading police - Yahoo!7 (http://au.news.yahoo.com/latest/a/-/article/16186839)

Arwon
20-02-2013, 06:01 AM
I guess they aborted the chase just before he crashed as well :whistling:
hardly what you would call a chase, If you know the area.

Ryan85
20-02-2013, 06:37 AM
rider is in a critical condition. not fatal

=Maz=
20-02-2013, 07:17 AM
Best of luck to the rider...hope you pull through.

Fergie90
20-02-2013, 07:37 AM
Motorcyclist crashes while evading police - Yahoo!7 (http://au.news.yahoo.com/latest/a/-/article/16186839)

Just seen reports the rider died en route to hospital.

RIP rider.

rider is in a critical condition. not fatal

I don't understand how it can be both at once guys... One of you has spoken too soon...

The Flea
20-02-2013, 08:00 AM
I don't understand how it can be both at once guys... One of you has spoken too soon...

i was there 5 seconds after impact.. i live on this road, and all has been is correct from said what the police has told me..

it was a chase and running a red light, the lady that he collided with was shell shocked to the max..

he lay there life less, and police were on the scene within in 30 seconds of the crash,

took about 10 minutes for the first ambos to turn up..

and died on way to hospital.. was not a pretty site and can not blame police for him running..

pnork
20-02-2013, 08:05 AM
According to the news on Nova just then, he was left in a critical condition - nothing about dieing on the way to any hospital.

Edit: Also - Motorbike rider critical after Southern River crash | Perth Now (http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/motorbike-rider-critical-after-southern-river-crash/story-e6frg13u-1226581777449)

Maxo
20-02-2013, 08:07 AM
Internal affairs detectives are investigating a crash in Southern River yesterday afternoon which left a motorcycle rider in a critical condition.

About 4.30pm on Garden Street, police officers in an unmarked car noticed a motorcyclist approaching them from behind at speed.

Police spokesman Sam Dinnison said the officers activated their emergency lights as they were overtaken by the motorcyclist.

He said the rider appeared to slow down at first, but then sped out of sight.

As the officers mounted a crest they saw the motorcyclist drive through a red light at the Warton Road intersection and collide with a white Volkswagen Tiguan.

The man was thrown from his motorcycle, sustaining serious head injuries.

He was taken to Royal Perth Hospital where he underwent surgery and remains in a critical condition.

The driver of the Tiguan suffered shock and was taken to hospital for treatment.

Mr Dinnison said internal affairs detectives and major crash officers were investigating.

Anyone who saw the crash is urged to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

^4.5char

Ryan85
20-02-2013, 08:07 AM
heard on the news also that the rider was in hospital. maybe they got it wrong. apologies if incorrect

51 New West
20-02-2013, 08:53 AM
Glad he's not dead, can't pineapple a corpse. Fucking idiot

Munkers
20-02-2013, 09:47 AM
Well was it the stolen bike ? and is the rider damaged or dead, I is confused.

timd0907
20-02-2013, 10:07 AM
Any one know if it was the bike in the link below?

Gsxr750 Blue and Yellow 1999 STOLEN FROM HIGHGATE | Motorcycles | Gumtree Australia Perth City - Highgate (http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/highgate/motorcycles/gsxr750-blue-and-yellow-1999-stolen-from-highgate/1013628389)

bkm2009
20-02-2013, 10:13 AM
'Fatal' wording removed from thread title until more info in known.

GIXXEN
20-02-2013, 10:18 AM
Deserves everything if bike was stolen.

If it was just a chase then no one deserves to die for that.

If caught or hurt because of a police chase, Well - You play You pay.

DreamTheater
20-02-2013, 10:52 AM
Glad to hear he's still breathing.

Not that long ago there was another accident a bit further down the road (Warton/Forest Lakes roundabout - can't remember if fatal or not but I'm pretty sure it was, RIP). Police are going to have more of a presence targetting bikes around this area if this kind of stuff keeps happening.

Hopefully the bike wasn't stolen and he makes a quick recovery without any permenant damage.

Tim the PM
20-02-2013, 11:20 AM
Yeah DT and IIRC it was stolen and fatal

devolved
20-02-2013, 11:25 AM

Then he is/was/will be - an 'A' grade fuckwit.

cpw80
20-02-2013, 11:30 AM

kapyong
20-02-2013, 11:32 AM

If that is the case then sympathy to the victims here, owner of said stolen bike, lady in the volksie, emergency workers and even wapol.

BenG
20-02-2013, 11:33 AM
Deserves everything if bike was stolen.

If it was just a chase then no one deserves to die for that.

If you blow through a red light into a car you deserve whatever the outcome is. Doubly so if the bike was stolen.

cpw80
20-02-2013, 11:33 AM
Definitely mate....sure wasn't a pretty site to be at all night.... lots of people wouldn't be feeling very chirpy today.

timd0907
20-02-2013, 11:46 AM
Well I guess that's Karma for you. Just a pity other people were involved and the poor woman in the car must be in bits.

Anyone know who I can contact about getting hold of whats left of my bike or even to see if its worth looking at?

cpw80
20-02-2013, 11:58 AM
Best bet would be just call the cops mate.. will be a while before its released though.

BenG
20-02-2013, 11:58 AM
Anyone know who I can contact about getting hold of whats left of my bike or even to see if its worth looking at?

I'm guessing start with the police station you reported the theft to... They should be able to point you in the right direction.

timd0907
20-02-2013, 12:17 PM
Will give them a call later, its been reported so they should be able to link it up. Was just wondering if anyone got the name of the pick up truck or anything.

Now the joys of seeing if its worth salvaging or scrapping. :(

Why do scum like this always have to ruin good peoples lives, especially that woman! :mad:

GIXXEN
20-02-2013, 12:19 PM
If you blow through a red light into a car you deserve whatever the outcome is. Doubly so if the bike was stolen.

And that.

cpw80
20-02-2013, 12:21 PM
Nah sorry mate the flat beds that came had no visible name on them so not sure who they were.

Z900owner
20-02-2013, 12:23 PM
Aaac have the towing contract for all stolen/ police impounded vehicles, call them on 93525000 they can tell you where it is and when you can get it back,

Kristy
20-02-2013, 12:26 PM
Should have put the guy on the flat bed and taken the bike for emergency resus. (that is, if the info that has come to light is true i.e. stolen and he is the person who stolededed it)

Phildo
20-02-2013, 12:42 PM
Should have put the guy on the flat bed and taken the bike for emergency resus.

Brilliant. Oh, how I have missed Kristy.

The owner of the bike should be in contact with the relevant police. When the thief goes to court, try and get restitution ordered. Either that, or find out his name and what hospital he's in and serve a summons on him ASAP.

green litre
20-02-2013, 12:46 PM
Hi all, the woman driving the Volkswagen was my wife's cousin & she is doing ok, not sure if there was a miscommunication about the riders condition but PerthNow is reporting that he is in a serious condition in hospital ?
If the reports about the bike being stolen are correct I hope the owner of the bike is sorted eventually & yes your best to contact AAAC direct in regard to viewing your bike.

cpw80
20-02-2013, 01:01 PM
Well looks like he is still alive.....I myself was told by the cop in charge that he died on the way to hospital....technically that probably is true but they most likely were able to revive him.

Tim the PM
20-02-2013, 01:20 PM
If that is the case then sympathy to the victims here, owner of said stolen bike, lady in the volksie, emergency workers and even wapol.
Sorry I seem to be adding to the confusion in this thread I was referring to the one last year on warton that DT mentioned.
There was a thread on that one and there were members upset about the criticism of the poor misunderstood lovable larrikin thief...

Munkers
20-02-2013, 02:00 PM
A MOTORBIKE rider is fighting for his life in hospital after colliding with a car in Southern River late yesterday.

Police have launched an internal investigation into the crash because an unmarked police car was in the area at the time.

Police say the unmarked police car was on patrol heading south-east on Garden Street towards Warton Road about 4.40pm when the motorcycle came up behind them at speed.

The unmarked police car activated its lights but not its sirens as the motorbike approached them.

As the bike drove past them it accelerated away.

The officers then lost sight of the bike but as they drove over a crest they saw the rider enter the intersection of Garden Street and Warton Road.

The intersection is controlled by traffic lights.

“At that point in time the motorcycle rider collided with a Volkswagen that was going through the intersection,” a police spokesman sa

The rider was thrown from his bike and received serious head injuries.

He is in a critical condition in hospital.

Police are asking anyone who saw the crash or the motorcycle prior to the collision to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

timd0907
20-02-2013, 02:03 PM
Hi all, the woman driving the Volkswagen was my wife's cousin & she is doing ok, not sure if there was a miscommunication about the riders condition but PerthNow is reporting that he is in a serious condition in hospital ?
If the reports about the bike being stolen are correct I hope the owner of the bike is sorted eventually & yes your best to contact AAAC direct in regard to viewing your bike.

Good to hear your cousins wife is doing alright!

As far as I know the bike fits the description of mine and its currently with the cops as evidence. Plate number is different but my bike was last seen with no plates so this all adds up. Colour scheme is the same and make and type. The woman from AAAC seemed to think that it was a fatality so I would take their word. I''ll be talking to the police later on so will see what I can do.

Beece
20-02-2013, 02:13 PM
Glad to hear he's still breathing.

Not that long ago there was another accident a bit further down the road (Warton/Forest Lakes roundabout - can't remember if fatal or not but I'm pretty sure it was, RIP). Police are going to have more of a presence targetting bikes around this area if this kind of stuff keeps happening.

Yep that one was a fatal. He had stolen a bike and police gave chase, he chose to run from them and suffered the ultimate price. Why steal? Why run? I remember family having a huge uproar regarding the chase, "they shouldn't have chased him" etc people complain if the police do give chase, people complain if they don't... Seriously is really worth risking your life or someone elses trying to avoid stopping?

agrid
20-02-2013, 02:29 PM
Dibs on the corneas.

shortSteve
20-02-2013, 02:38 PM
Any news on rider or bike? Seems very similar to timd0907 stolen bike, even down to the white oggies, but from that angle can't see the 2 distinctive features, the number "7" on the ductail and gold bar ends.
As said, either way hope rider recovers.

sS

cpw80
20-02-2013, 02:56 PM
I was talking to the coppers and Towies right next to the flat bed when it was on the back...and yes although it does look very similar but I also don't remember seeing the 7 on the back.....I do however recall a largish Mobil sticker on the bottom side panel.

cpw80
20-02-2013, 02:57 PM
That being said it being very distinctive who's to say they didn't buy a cheap $3 can of white spray paint and spray over the 7

timd0907
20-02-2013, 03:11 PM
Its hard to tell if its mine so will have to wait and see what comes back from the chassis and engine numbers.

cpw80
20-02-2013, 03:14 PM
That's all you can do buddy. Hope it all goes well for you.

Arwon
20-02-2013, 06:43 PM
And the thread moves on before it becomes a public shit fight

Aufitt
20-02-2013, 07:08 PM
So was it a motorcyclist or a thief on a stolen bike?

news stories are conflicting.

ReCon
20-02-2013, 07:18 PM
Dibs on the corneas.

On serious note , if the young fella passes on and his family Do donate , then I think penance will well and truly be paid.

If he pulls through , then he has a lifetime to change and make up for a poor decision.

Sookie
20-02-2013, 07:48 PM
Show a little respect guys, a guy may or may not have lost his life, regardless, it's someone that someone would of cared about somewhere who has been critically injured (criminal or not, no one deserves this). I know we are animals and don't need to care about the world around us but this kind of thing, someone could know someone. I work a guy whose family friends with the driver of the vehicle who was hit. Please show some respect, regardless of your opinion and it being a public forum. God damn keyboards and screens...

mekon
20-02-2013, 09:35 PM
The faring I saw was clearly yellow with blue Joe Camel on it, if it helps. It concerned me greatly at the time as I thought it was a member here, luckily it wasn't. At the end of the day someone has impacted (excuse the pun) on many lives and I really don't think any of it befits the crime. If someone stole my bike, I'd be all, "Bargle, bargle fucking die and I'll kill you bitch! Chicken farken!" on the internet but really I'd be glad of the insurance payout and could live with the inconvenience. Certainly wouldn't be pleased to hear the thief was dead or seriously injured and critical. I'm just glad Doctors, nurses, ambos etc don't behave that way. If they were that judgmental there'd be lots of dead people and half filled hospital ER rooms.

Joe Shabadoo
20-02-2013, 10:09 PM
The faring I saw was clearly yellow with blue Joe Camel on it, if it helps. It concerned me greatly at the time as I thought it was a member here, luckily it wasn't. At the end of the day someone has impacted (excuse the pun) on many lives and I really don't think any of it befits the crime. If someone stole my bike, I'd be all, "Bargle, bargle fucking die and I'll kill you bitch! Chicken farken!" on the internet but really I'd be glad of the insurance payout and could live with the inconvenience. Certainly wouldn't be pleased to hear the thief was dead or seriously injured and critical. I'm just glad Doctors, nurses, ambos etc don't behave that way. If they were that judgmental there'd be lots of dead people and half filled hospital ER rooms.

nah fuck that.. If someone (so long as they are adult) has come onto my property and stolen anything which I worked, saved and sacrificed for, and really like it because all of that work/saving/sacrifice was worth it - then I hope they die. I don't give a fuck about what motivated them, or what excuse they have, or what lack of upbringing got them to that position. Its my stuff, my privacy and sanctity which they want to fuck with.. my missus or kid might be out in the garage when they rock up... then what?
Unfortunately on bikes, they often kill themselves rather spectacularly and involve people who should not be involved and unfortunately the law does not allow me to do the deed myself.
Goddam tree huggers and soft touch do gooders is why you cant go out to Northbridge without a stab vest, why old pensioners get raped by home invaders, and why generally shit is getting increasingly fucked up.
Sure these pricks are someone's family.. but hey, maybe that family shouldnt have raised such a screwup

Huggy
20-02-2013, 10:25 PM
nah fuck that.. If someone (so long as they are adult) has come onto my property and stolen anything which I worked, saved and sacrificed for, and really like it because all of that work/saving/sacrifice was worth it - then I hope they die. I don't give a fuck about what motivated them, or what excuse they have, or what lack of upbringing got them to that position. Its my stuff, my privacy and sanctity which they want to fuck with.. my missus or kid might be out in the garage when they rock up... then what?
Unfortunately on bikes, they often kill themselves rather spectacularly and involve people who should not be involved and unfortunately the law does not allow me to do the deed myself.
Goddam tree huggers and soft touch do gooders is why you cant go out to Northbridge without a stab vest, why old pensioners get raped by home invaders, and why generally shit is getting increasingly fucked up.
Sure these pricks are someone's family.. but hey, maybe that family shouldnt have raised such a screwup

So it's different if they haven't yet turned 18?

I believe one of the issues with the similar crash in the area was that the rider was a minor (or at least close to it).

Besides the point anyway. Hope the rider recovers and gets everything he deserves, legally.

kapyong
21-02-2013, 07:13 AM
. I'm just glad Doctors, nurses, ambos etc don't behave that way. If they were that judgmental there'd be lots of dead people and half filled hospital ER rooms.

Wouldn't be such a bad thing given the lack of beds plus the amount of lowlife fukin time wasters that attend ER's must shit the medico to tears due to people with real problems and I don't mean kleptomaniacs.

If I caught anyone atempting to steal my stuff I would "fearing for my life of myself and my family" and the prick wouldn't get up to tell a different story. I ain't no keyboard warrior either.

Hamster
21-02-2013, 07:44 AM
If I caught anyone atempting to steal my stuff I would "fearing for my life of myself and my family" and the prick wouldn't get up to tell a different story. I ain't no keyboard warrior either.

Should this situation ever occur in your life (and lets hope the chances are very remote) I'd suggest this post wouldn't do you any favours in court, especially given you "ain't no keyboard warrior".

Personally it keeps me sane to think that Karma will have its day and if he is indeed the thief/culpable I hope the guy pulls through and karma ensures his injuries give him significant pain for the rest of his life.

RRossi
21-02-2013, 08:33 AM
Guy apprently steals bike then crashes it then may or may not be dead?

I would like to hold my opinions till I hear the facts?

Sad thing for anyone to die but doing the wrong thing in life 99% of the time ends in somthing bad happening to you or the people around you?

simple stuff really?

We have all done bad shit in our lives ( the entire Human Population- Not just PSB) from a simple white lie to raping little kids with lollie pops,

you may get away with it a few times but it always cataches up with you in the end!

Moral of the story...... dont do bad shit, easier said than done for some of us in this world..

Im Dr Phil and you all have been great...

RR

Bendito
21-02-2013, 09:14 AM
I ain't no keyboard warrior either.

That's what all the keyboard warriors say...

kapyong
21-02-2013, 12:36 PM
Heat of the moment ^_^ , I'm a pussycat really and nothing short of sarcasm should be read into the comment dear mr plod.

timd0907
24-02-2013, 02:18 PM
Heard back from the cops and the bike isn't mine. Very similar bike but it was registered to the guy who crashed as far as they could see. Looks like he tried to run and didn't know the road.

Its sad that these things happen and my thoughts go out to all those involved.

Now to get back to looking for my bike. If anyone sees it please call the cops.

filbert
24-02-2013, 03:45 PM
Heard back from the cops and the bike isn't mine. Very similar bike but it was registered to the guy who crashed as far as they could see. Looks like he tried to run and didn't know the road.

Its sad that these things happen and my thoughts go out to all those involved.

Now to get back to looking for my bike. If anyone sees it please call the cops.

so people were jumping the gun wishing harm on a fellow rider who was innocent of their accusations?

nothing to see here eh?

shortSteve
24-02-2013, 08:23 PM
so people were jumping the gun wishing harm on a fellow rider who was innocent of their accusations?

nothing to see here eh?

Actually, a question was asked, people responded with the "if it was the stolen one blah blah". But it wasn't, so those responses need not be of reference methinks?
As i said early a few times, all the best for the rider and those involved.

sS

Old frt
24-02-2013, 08:35 PM
One of several reasons I try to avoid these threads.

If I wanted to read unsubstantiated gossip, I'd buy the Womens Weekly.

Spina
24-02-2013, 09:27 PM
One of several reasons I try to avoid these threads.

If I wanted to read unsubstantiated gossip, I'd buy the Womens Weekly.

But you didnt refrain and subsequently read such material and replied....Guilty your Honour :lol:
The waiting room can get so lonely and a pile of junk women's gay infront, no ones looking so you pick one up for a squiz... its ok. We all do it.

Old frt
24-02-2013, 09:33 PM
I only do the crossword...

Honest.:rolleyes:

Arwon
25-02-2013, 07:53 AM
I could close this thread and hide forever the comments of people jumping on the band wagon of speculation and innuendo..

but no... lets see you edits their comments.