PDA

View Full Version : Rider down - Maylands

Sauer
19-02-2013, 06:37 PM
Drove past rider down Guildford Road and Seventh Ave intersection about forty minutes ago or so. Bike across road facing into oncoming traffic (Harley I think, black/brown tank, rider on side of road/grassed shoulder being assisted, thankfully wearing gear). Looked like 2 cars involved (Green Commodore w/smashed up bonnet and I think a Lancer on the corner sitting over the give way sign). Couldn't tell what had happened and the rider looked in a lot of pain. Heal up fast!

DQ
19-02-2013, 06:50 PM
That intersection is like playing Russian Roulette at this time of day. Heal up quickly rider

bkm2009
19-02-2013, 07:01 PM
Hope rider is ok.

Courtesy of Mainroads;

CAR VS MOTORBIKE CRASH – GUILDFORD ROAD AND SEVENTH AVENUE, MAYLANDS

As a result Guildford Road has been reduced to one lane.

Emergency Services are on site.

Motorists are advised to avoid the area where possible.

Joosh
19-02-2013, 09:12 PM
Know the intersection well.. Hope the rider is OK!

McFly
20-02-2013, 04:06 PM
Drove past rider down Guildford Road and Seventh Ave intersection about forty minutes ago or so. Bike across road facing into oncoming traffic (Harley I think, black/brown tank, rider on side of road/grassed shoulder being assisted, thankfully wearing gear). Looked like 2 cars involved (Green Commodore w/smashed up bonnet and I think a Lancer on the corner sitting over the give way sign). Couldn't tell what had happened and the rider looked in a lot of pain. Heal up fast!

Hi thanks Sauer for the RD.

I haven't posted here in awhile, but that was me on a Black and Gold Moto Guzzi. A night in RPH and home just cuts and bruises nothing broken. You have to just roll with it, so they say.

It was an Accord that shot through the stop sign. Like irdizzle says its is a shocker there at Seventh Ave and Guildford Road ever week I see some fool in a car doing something at that intersection to beat the traffic coming of Eighth Ave traffic lights.

irdizzle

Rider down - Maylands
That intersection is like playing Russian Roulette at this time of day. Heal up quickly rider

Hi to Joe and the Guys.
and you to Azzal :lol:

McFly (Jason)

optimal
20-02-2013, 04:26 PM
Glad your still around to tell the story...

=Maz=
20-02-2013, 04:41 PM
Glad you could post.

Sauer
21-02-2013, 03:50 PM
Hi thanks Sauer for the RD.

I haven't posted here in awhile, but that was me on a Black and Gold Moto Guzzi. A night in RPH and home just cuts and bruises nothing broken. You have to just roll with it, so they say.

It was an Accord that shot through the stop sign. Like irdizzle says its is a shocker there at Seventh Ave and Guildford Road ever week I see some fool in a car doing something at that intersection to beat the traffic coming of Eighth Ave traffic lights.

Hi to Joe and the Guys.
and you to Azzal :lol:

McFly (Jason)
Glad to hear you're OK and on the mend. Hopefully your bike's not too banged up either. Sorry for calling it a Harley :D

Daise
21-02-2013, 03:56 PM
Glad you're up and about. That intersection is nuts. It's even worse when you're behind a timid driver who waits 20 mins for a gap!

AZAZL
21-02-2013, 04:38 PM
Hope the cali is a write off Jason so you can buy a proper bike.

Like my spare ducati which could be for sale. With a discount for you considering your fortuitous loss.

OzStriker_
22-02-2013, 12:29 PM
Glad you're up and about. That intersection is nuts. It's even worse when you're behind a timid driver who waits 20 mins for a gap!

I am perfectly happy with drivers who want to wait for a safe gap that they feel comfortable entering into it. It is the other type of driver you should worry about.

Para045
23-02-2013, 05:11 AM
I am perfectly happy with drivers who want to wait for a safe gap that they feel comfortable entering into it. It is the other type of driver you should worry about.

Trouble is it causes other drivers to get impatient when people take excessive amounts of time which then causes accidents :huh: