PDA

View Full Version : Rider down...but fine.

=Maz=
06-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Tonya glad you're ok kid...my heart was in my mouth when i came back to find you picking your bike up.
Looking forward to the "Parts Required" thread. :)
:wub

=Maz=
06-04-2013, 09:49 PM
Update for those playing at home.

We took our eldest for a blat through the hills around Brigadoon.
Someone got a little too confident, quick and complacent...target fixation and a tap of front brake did the rest.
Slight grazing on the Across and some bruising on the rider. Safety gear did its job despite the riders best effort to chew tarmac through the visor. Lol
From the post mortem it looks like the bike pancaked through the air, off the curb, as she dismounted.

Manyak
06-04-2013, 09:51 PM
Damn glad she's alright Maz.. Can't be fun having to turn around and see your daughters bike on it's side!

Take it easy Tonya, heal quick :)

=Maz=
06-04-2013, 10:19 PM
Cheers...no, it wasn't a good feeling.
I imagine it was worse for her mum who was behind Tonya but not close enough to see the incident. :eek:
Just makes me glad we pushed for full gear. Her TCX boots saved her ankle with scuffing right over both, inside and outside, Ankle-bones of her right foot. Jacket looks like her right shoulder took a good knock...but she's a true biker. Got back on after we tested it and limped it home. :)

Old frt
06-04-2013, 10:34 PM
Glad she's OK, my daughter is having lessons at the moment and guess who is shitting himself?

Hypocrite much?

Manyak
06-04-2013, 10:36 PM
Oh yeah.. So uhh, what's her username?? :cool:

Old frt
06-04-2013, 10:38 PM
Oh yeah.. So uhh, what's her username?? :cool:

Sookie.

Manyak
06-04-2013, 10:40 PM
:lol:

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/masonry/000/152/015/131121716703.gif

Tonya
06-04-2013, 11:24 PM

Someone got a little too confident, quick and complacent...target fixation and a tap of front brake did the rest.
Slight grazing on the Across and some bruising on the rider. Safety gear did its job despite the riders best effort to chew tarmac through the visor. Lol
From the post mortem it looks like the bike pancaked through the air, off the curb, as she dismounted.

Haha. I'm all good. Just a bit sore (and same goes for my bike). Lesson well learnt with no serious consequence (The best kind of lesson) :D
Let's fix her up already and get back out there (just maybe a bit slower through the 'slow-points' this time) :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Haha. I'm all good. Just a bit sore (and same goes for my bike). Lesson well learnt with no serious consequence (The best kind of lesson) :D
Let's fix her up already and get back out there (just maybe a bit slower through the 'slow-points' this time) :lol:

Old frt
06-04-2013, 11:30 PM
^^^
Might be an idea to get the double vision checked out.:thumbsup:

=Maz=
07-04-2013, 09:41 AM
^^^
Might be an idea to get the double vision checked out.:thumbsup:

Hmm...I'll get the Dr to check that while he examines her for the concussion. :(
ED on Sunday's is no fun.

rc_sam
07-04-2013, 09:50 AM
Glad to hear it's nothing major.

Moustacha
07-04-2013, 10:30 AM
Oh no, not my old Across! I hope she (and your daughter ;) ) are fine!

=Maz=
07-04-2013, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the kind thoughts.
Most of have been there...thankfully it's just rest and recover rather than surgery & repair. No titanium club membership this time :D

whowalks
07-04-2013, 03:30 PM
Glad she's OK, my daughter is having lessons at the moment and guess who is shitting himself?

Hypocrite much?

My wife's getting back into the saddle after a 15 year beak as a back warmer, and my 16 year old wants to ride too so I hear you!!

Glad everyone is OK guys and girls.

=Maz=
08-04-2013, 02:18 PM
Oh no, not my old Across! I hope she (and your daughter ;) ) are fine!

Hello.
Yes the Across is not so bad. Bit of bark missing, bent a mounting bracket for the fairing, a smashed indicator, Brake lever, Mirror and Bar End...no broken Fairing tho.
Could have been Much Much worse for both the bike and the rider. A lesson WAS learnt, of that I am 100% sure, and thankfully it didn't come at a higher price. :)

GIXXEN
08-04-2013, 02:27 PM
Glad she is ok :)

Will she ride again ?

=Maz=
08-04-2013, 03:48 PM
Glad she is ok :)

Will she ride again ?

Yeah...both her mother and I are glad there was no Major injuries. Thanks for the thoughts.

I think she will ride again...trouble will be trying to stop her, but who would want that?! :D

Hurtlegear
09-04-2013, 09:17 AM
Excellent news. The falling off is crap but the surviving is great. And with my kid sitting his test in a week, the safety message is pretty high in my mind. Bit hard to expect he'll do nothing stupid, given his genetics.

Tonya , best wishes for a long safe future from here, and may the next lesson be even cheaper.

Captain Starfish
09-04-2013, 10:16 AM

Sounds like the problem (with the brake) would have been avoided if you DIDN'T try and slow down through the 'slow-points' :D

=Maz=
09-04-2013, 01:18 PM
Sounds like the problem (with the brake) would have been avoided if you DIDN'T try and slow down through the 'slow-points' :D

Yes...a slower entrance speed was what was required. lol
In fairness the first thing I did was run through the incident with Tonya...she knew, and explained to me, exactly what she had done wrong and how she should have handled the situation.
First mistake was entry speed, second mistake was looking at the curb(Target Fixation) which she corrected by looking where she wanted to go but, then went on to make the third mistake of touching the brake instead of leaning more...result, face-plant.

=Maz=
15-04-2013, 10:28 AM
Fuck me, I have been absorbed into the most competitive family in history.

Refusing to be outdone by his Grand-daughter, Jodes dad(who is 73) has thrown his shit down at the Moto Cross track yesterday and broken a couple of ribs, punctured a lung, got concussed and hurt his shoulder...spent the night in hospital and, no doubt, charmed the pants off the nurses.
Thats how you do it Tonya!!! lol

I hope they don't hurt too much Ol-mate...I know they hurt like fuck at 42 so I can only guess what they feel like when your 73. :D

=Maz=
15-04-2013, 03:49 PM
A few pics of the damage to the Across...really surprised at how little damage was done for the speed she was doing. Inertia, that musta been my problem in the past. :( :lol:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d725gu53g67i7py/Acros_snapped_fair.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/atgl2ztc3kqlxfq/Across_Bent_fair-mount.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y4d40172evipboz/Across_right_indicator.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pgazgrrsh8q7017/Across_right_Mirror.jpg

TurboR1
15-04-2013, 05:20 PM
Pictures of damaged daughter??

Come on you're all thinking it too.

Cbr1k
15-04-2013, 06:07 PM
I'll be happy to shadow your daughter. Even when she isn't riding. ;)

Buffle
15-04-2013, 06:11 PM
Just saw this, and I'm glad you are all doing well. My son is not even one yet, but I can't imagine how scary it must be to have your son or daughter crash, let alone right near you.

=Maz=
15-04-2013, 06:17 PM

Yeah...nah.
I lol'd tho. :)

=Maz=
15-04-2013, 06:26 PM
Just saw this, and I'm glad you are all doing well. My son is not even one yet, but I can't imagine how scary it must be to have your son or daughter crash, let alone right near you.

There is only thing that is 100% certain in life Mr Snail...i tell em i love em. If i die riding so be it, i try and let them do what they want with all the support i can muster. It's harder to see who they're dating, being chased by, sometimes but its not up to me to control em...just be there, be me and love them for being them.

Phildo
16-04-2013, 06:46 AM
Dibs on sponge bath with her.

=Maz=
16-04-2013, 08:57 AM
Dibs on sponge bath with her.
OK.

You get the first bath from me tho Phil...no, the sponges are supposed to be connected to the battery with charge cables...stop struggling!! :D

TurboR1
16-04-2013, 09:01 AM
Haha, to be fair you probably 1/2 expected these sort of comments from these animals...

Unlike the caring, concerned nurturing and sincere thoughts that I have.