PDA

View Full Version : Stay safe!!!

MJP
07-04-2013, 04:50 PM
Bad day on the roads today...

One dead in horror day for bikers - Yahoo!7 (http://au.news.yahoo.com/latest/a/-/article/16609099)

GsxInShed
07-04-2013, 04:54 PM
yeh stay safe..

riding is meant to be a pastime....not a death sentence.

Wedge
07-04-2013, 05:51 PM
With ever increasing numbers of riders coming on the road I fear this trend will continue. Winter is coming.

RHYSW
07-04-2013, 08:15 PM
I was the rider in como, got cut up by a car who was looking the other way. Fortunately I'm ok thanks to all my gear, few bad grazes, could have been worse

Intherough
07-04-2013, 08:32 PM
I was directly behind the guy involved in the Wokalup crash. We were doing around 90kph when an adult emu and 4 smaller ones decided to run across the road. Rider tried to swerve to avoid but ended up collecting the lead adult emu in the middle of the road, he then hit the gravel road shoulder and down he went. There are now 4 orphaned emus and the rider ended up with a broken leg from the bike landing on him. He was on a cruiser.

Rich...
07-04-2013, 08:35 PM

Bendito
07-04-2013, 08:38 PM
Just you maybe?

Keep reading

Johnno
07-04-2013, 08:38 PM
Wrong quote Rich

At 1.20pm, the Department of Fire and Emergency Services said the RAC Rescue helicopter had been sent to motorbike crash in Wokalup in the State's South West.

That crash was on Mornington Road, near the intersection of Oregioni Road.

Rich...
07-04-2013, 08:40 PM
He ninja edited...He did have Coondinup where it now says Wokalup when I originally read it...

Johnno
07-04-2013, 08:48 PM
Damn ninjas

Intherough
07-04-2013, 08:53 PM
Damn those ninjas... Sorry too many red wines already. Rider is on the mend after being airlifted to RPH. Wasn't a pretty sight though seeing a foot pointing the wrong way.

HeyBrew
07-04-2013, 10:14 PM
I was the rider in como, got cut up by a car who was looking the other way. Fortunately I'm ok thanks to all my gear, few bad grazes, could have been worse

The news report makes it sound like you were at fault...

RHYSW
08-04-2013, 03:20 AM
That's what I thought when I read it, but the driver admitted that he was looking in the other lane and didn't even look for me when he moved over. Irony is he was knocked off his bike the week before. Just goes to show some people never learn.

Luckily the off duty cop following me witnessed it all... Sometimes there is one when you need one.

Bukefal
08-04-2013, 08:42 AM
The news report makes it sound like you were at fault...

news reports almost always make it sound like the rider was at fault.

GIXXEN
08-04-2013, 08:45 AM
Motorcyclists are thiefs, drug dealers, rapists, murderers general cunts.

Derrrr everyone knows that.

DrShan
08-04-2013, 08:49 AM
Motorcyclists are thiefs, drug dealers, rapists, murderers general cunts.

Derrrr everyone knows that.

And thats how we pay for our houses our bikes our cars our wives and live like the fucking crazy wankers we were born to be!!!
Secretly every man wants to be a biker! :P

Hurtlegear
08-04-2013, 09:24 AM
This kind of report makes it seem like a horror day, but it sounds pretty normal to me. Three injured, one from learner's drop, one from a bike vs wildlife that's probably really hard to avoid, and one chopped up by a cage. That role call must be fairly common I'd imagine.

One guy who was bringing up the rear of a bunch out for a fun ride is really sad, and I don't want to normalise it, but it's probably also not unusual. My condolences to rider, mates, family, and as it is probably the one that could have been avoided, so we all need to learn to keep our wits about us.

marklh
08-04-2013, 09:56 AM
The West mentions about 8 bike accidents :o .. though it doesn't give any details http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/wa/16617541/motorcyclist-dies-in-off-road-crash/

Falcore
08-04-2013, 10:04 AM
Actually I hate damn emus. Roos unless startled are fairly predictable. Emus are just bat shit stupid.

AZAZL
08-04-2013, 10:21 AM
Actually I hate damn emus. Roos unless startled are fairly predictable. Emus are just bat shit stupid.

Yeah, roos predictably jump opposite the direction you expect. :)

Huggy
08-04-2013, 10:26 AM

Yeah this is true. I've seen them do some whacked out shit under spotlight at night...

GIXXEN
08-04-2013, 10:31 AM
MJP might be able to recall seeing what could have been quite a bad stack on sunday too.

Going past karnet prison on sunday the cbr1000 that ended up on the wrong side of the road.

Lochwood
08-04-2013, 10:35 AM
MJP might be able to recall seeing what could have been quite a bad stack on sunday too.

Going past karnet prison on sunday the cbr1000 that ended up on the wrong side of the road.

I went past this yesterday, ambulance was just turning around having missed the Kingsbury Drive turn off, several cars already pulled over and providing assistance so I just let them know the ambulance was almost there.
Anyone know what happened, and if the rider was ok?

GIXXEN
08-04-2013, 10:43 AM
Did he actually come off ?

We were on a ride up the hill towards serpy dam and i didnt see it happen i was up the the front but i heard he ended up over the other side of the road.

Maybe he crashed after that ?

Lochwood
08-04-2013, 10:53 AM
Did he actually come off ?

We were on a ride up the hill towards serpy dam and i didnt see it happen i was up the the front but i heard he ended up over the other side of the road.

Maybe he crashed after that ?

Just South of the Scarp Road intersection on Kingsbury Drive, and he definitely came off and was in a fair bit of pain at the least. Looked like someone had splinted his arm and the ambulance was definitely coming for him from what people there said.

GIXXEN
08-04-2013, 11:02 AM
Well yeah from what we saw he was riding well out of his comfort zone and nearly binned it earlier down the hill.

Not good heal up.

Looked like a brand spanker cbr thou too.

SPman
08-04-2013, 12:09 PM
Yeah, roos predictably jump opposite the direction you expect. :)Except sometimes........

devolved
08-04-2013, 12:24 PM
Saw a purple ZZR on the side of the road heading into the city on the Great Eastern at around 1pm Sunday arvo - traffic piling up behind as a motorist had stopped too. Bike was up on stand and some conversation was going on, so I'm guessing nothing serious.