PDA

View Full Version : Man loses leg in Morley motorcycle crash ..

marklh
10-04-2013, 09:01 AM
Hope this was a bike thief ..Man loses leg in Morley motorcycle crash | Perth Now (http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/man-loses-leg-in-morley-motorcycle-crash/story-fnhocxo3-1226617084976)

Tim the PM
10-04-2013, 09:16 AM
Heard this on the radio this morning, apparently on collier rd, must have been soon after greeny missellaneous and I went that way after T bones ride :(

Captain Starfish
10-04-2013, 09:28 AM
argh shit, that sucks badly. Even if he was a norty boy, no-one deserves that kind of inconvenience.

BTW: he didn't lose a leg, I reckon he knew exactly where it was...

lee
10-04-2013, 10:01 AM
Corrrr, rough.

Sookie/Polony? All ok m8s?

Hooligan
10-04-2013, 10:10 AM
That is just horrible. The rider has my thoughts whoever they are.

Barfridge
10-04-2013, 11:06 AM
Corrrr, rough.

Sookie/Polony? All ok m8s?

tacky

Darren__P
10-04-2013, 11:35 AM
Hope this was a bike thief ..Man loses leg in Morley motorcycle crash | Perth Now (http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/man-loses-leg-in-morley-motorcycle-crash/story-fnhocxo3-1226617084976)

Not a bike thief but a friend of mine lost the leg from the knee Down not sure what happened yet as he is still in hospital getting surgery:(

thro
10-04-2013, 11:41 AM
Even if he was a norty boy, no-one deserves that kind of inconvenience.

Thieves do.

Deprive someone else of their hard earned property/money/etc and you deserve whatever bad shit fate happens to deal you, and more besides.

Desmo
10-04-2013, 11:49 AM
Where does it even say in that article that he was an bike thief?
It says "lost control of his machine" which would lead one to presume it was in fact his bike being legally ridden.

Barfridge
10-04-2013, 12:19 PM
Not a bike thief but a friend of mine lost the leg from the knee Down not sure what happened yet as he is still in hospital getting surgery:(

Sorry to hear about your friend. I wish him a speedy recovery.

Buffle
10-04-2013, 12:57 PM
Wow. My thoughts go out to this rider. I'm sure ours all do.

marklh
10-04-2013, 01:17 PM
Sorry to hear that news .. best wishes to him.

Falcore
10-04-2013, 01:26 PM
Not good. Hope the surgeries go well and he maintains as much of his normal life he had.

=Maz=
10-04-2013, 01:32 PM
Not good. Hope the surgeries go well and he maintains as much of his normal life he had.

^^^this

Falcore
10-04-2013, 01:34 PM
It goes without saying but if he needs any help with something speak up.

Might not be able to help but chances are if I can't someone else can.

Captain Starfish
10-04-2013, 01:39 PM
Darren__P, would he the see the humour in your visiting him with gifts of a stuffed parrot and a tripoint hat?

or too soon...?

(I think I'd appreciate it if I was in that horrible position)

thro
10-04-2013, 01:48 PM
Where does it even say in that article that he was an bike thief?
It says "lost control of his machine" which would lead one to presume it was in fact his bike being legally ridden.

It doesn't.

However theives were mentioned as undeserving of such a fate. I disagree.

I'm not saying this guy deserves it, if he isn't a thief.

Hope he makes a speedy recovery.

devolved
10-04-2013, 01:50 PM
Thoughts with the rider. Devastating.

shan
10-04-2013, 03:41 PM
Make sure he pushes as much as he can for the surgeons to keep that joint, it will make a big difference depending what side the chop is.

filbert
10-04-2013, 04:28 PM
Heal well rider, it's a big loss to deal with, some even think they would have been better off dead, but i can guarantee those who care would rather have him around so he's going to need their support now and well into the future.

As far as wishing it on bike thieves, just no, i could probably advocate the amputation of their thumbs as a preventative measure in more heated moods, but this is supposed to be a civilised society containing people with empathy and compassion not one stuck in the dark ages.

Falcore
10-04-2013, 05:08 PM
Well said cuz

rob636
10-04-2013, 07:54 PM
Another sad day hearing this and sadly for the 2nd time in a week .one lost his life and the other his leg.. Fecking bikes.

Darren__P
10-04-2013, 08:52 PM
Thank you for the get well wishes il pass them on... just a freak accident on his own bike (not stole or a thief) hopefully he will bounce back from this and go back to his normal life :-)

RRossi
10-04-2013, 08:55 PM
So sorry to hear this, I hope for a speedy recovery,

And Strength for the family to carry on.

RR

ReCon
10-04-2013, 09:31 PM
It goes without saying but if he needs any help with something speak up.

Might not be able to help but chances are if I can't someone else can.

Raises hand if I can help sometime :thumbsup:

OZY
10-04-2013, 09:58 PM
Thank you for the get well wishes il pass them on... just a freak accident on his own bike (not stole or a thief) hopefully he will bounce back from this and go back to his normal life :-) Sorry to hear about your friend mate very sad he lost his leg , I think everyone on PSB has done silly things or lost concentration while riding their bikes . he was out on his bike enjoying what he loves and has now payed for it ... not nice to hear

Old frt
10-04-2013, 10:26 PM
Just a horrible thing for anybody to endure.

For what it's worth, I faced the prospect of losing mine from a flesh eating bug some years ago and had a couple of weeks to contemplate the repurcussions while several doctors ummed and arred in unintelligible gibberish.

I resigned myself to losing it but thought how much worse would it be to lose a hand?

Not the end of the world mate, just a different approach to things and you can ride again if you want to.

If you need some inspiration, google Matt Battista.

Best wishes and keep your chin up.

filbert
10-04-2013, 10:40 PM
If he does get down and think he can't ride again so life will suck, look up dreamfit as well, they can customise a bike to almost any level of physical capability.

I've obviously never lost a limb but i have lost the full use of one for an extended period so i have some idea how depressing it can be, as does Falcore and a few others, so try to be supportive long term Darren__P a lot of people get the visitors first up when it's all too much to handle but nobody is there down the track when they really need the support and company for the rehab etc

Bikedrift
10-04-2013, 10:58 PM
Give me a buzz some of the Eve's Darren, it's dk here, Adrian has my new number

cosican
11-04-2013, 07:10 PM
Sorry to here the sad news, hope all goes well and who knows he just may ride again, anything is possible these days,