PDA

View Full Version : Ute and Ducati 848 stolen - A lesson in securing your sh*t!

Rorschach
10-04-2013, 06:09 PM
Hey guys

My riding instructors ute was just stolen from Nandos in Myaree. Its a distinctive black Falcon ute with green lettering saying Global Motorcycle Skills. Its also got a red Ducati 848 in the back with Global Motorcycle Skills green vinyl on the side fairings. Ute was last seen heading East on Leach Highway a little while ago.
If you see either, can you please ring the cops and let me and John Green know.
Pics are on the PSB facebook group.

16/04/2013 update:
Ute found, 848 still missing.

Sprint
10-04-2013, 06:29 PM
http://globalmotorcycleskills.com.au/gms/images/teams/20130326212454_7621.jpg

S.

TheDarkSeraphim
10-04-2013, 06:30 PM
Shared on Facebook. Half tempted to pull the track car out and try follow them

Rorschach
10-04-2013, 07:13 PM
Thanks guys.

The ute was last seen heading south on the Kwinana at Cockburn, minus the 848. Unsure how recent, but probably last half hour

andy_b
10-04-2013, 07:35 PM
Wow I feel for ya man... I'm so down with just the fact I lost my motorbike... And for you to lose both in one hit sucks... :( all the best hope you get it back...

Rorschach
10-04-2013, 07:52 PM
Thanks mate. Neither are mine though, I'm just posting it up for someone else.

Sucks that you lost the F3 though!

shortSteve
10-04-2013, 07:55 PM
did he leave it outside running?

Kaido
10-04-2013, 07:59 PM
taken from FB

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/549118_10151432714923402_808323854_n.jpg

Rorschach
10-04-2013, 08:20 PM
did he leave it outside running?Don't know the details tbh mate, but I very much doubt it.

Eugene
10-04-2013, 08:24 PM
The people who do this low life crap seriously deserve a massive beating.
I hope for good news mate.

Johnno
10-04-2013, 08:26 PM
Smartlock falcons are very hard to start, wonder if he lost keys or something

Rorschach
10-04-2013, 08:43 PM
I thinks its an FPV F6 ute, but based on a Falcon. Unsure of the year though.
And he was in Nandos getting food (I assume) and someone swiped it. I'm assuming it was broken into and stolen as I'm sure he wouldnt leave it unlocked.

Old frt
10-04-2013, 08:54 PM
Thanks guys.

The ute was last seen heading south on the Kwinana at Cockburn, minus the 848. Unsure how recent, but probably last half hour

Given the timing, I'd hazard a guess the 848 was a premeditated and recently surveyed target, probably in a truck on it's way to the east as we speak.

Scumbags.

Rorschach
10-04-2013, 08:59 PM
Yeah, I think that too.
Having said that, it was spotted in Glen Forest a while ago, and the ute was heading south on the Freeway

ReCon
10-04-2013, 09:37 PM
Given the timing, I'd hazard a guess the 848 was a premeditated and recently surveyed target, probably in a truck on it's way to the east as we speak.

Scumbags.

Appears that with the Trumpy R , AndyB's F3 and now the Duc going missing , it appears that it could be shopping day for the pros?

Chain your women to the shed and put the bikes in your bedroom guys. :(

Wedge
10-04-2013, 09:39 PM
I wonder if the police can search bike boxes being transported over east? Ie, the easiest way to move a bike eastern states to me would be order a box and transport for Monday, Sunday night steal bike, put in the transport box, say it's a crapisaki on the box and it's heading east the next day..

Eugene
10-04-2013, 09:39 PM

Scumbags.

I've only driven through once by border security near Eucla. Is it a possibility the owner could ring through and ask to keep a lookout for a ducati with 'Xxx" engine number?? (Is there a way around getting checked?)

Though I do doubt that, but hey, the worst they could say is "no".

Kristy
10-04-2013, 09:46 PM
Thief may have drooled over duc and/or ute, gone into Nando's or wherever the dude was, seen dude wearing affiliated t-shirt advertising the company on the car, seen keys unattended, swiped keys and pissed off. Just a thought.

Sucks however it happened though.

Ze Max
10-04-2013, 11:00 PM
Wow, those scums have some balls... knowing that the owner is in Nandos... and John doesn't look like the kind of guy you want to mess with.

shortSteve
11-04-2013, 06:29 AM
I have seen the owner leave the ute unattended and running a few times now, once for around 40 minutes. Hope its not the case and best of luck with the return.

shoom
11-04-2013, 06:33 AM
i heard a cop chase going up canning highway earlier on, hope it was one of these scum.,. I reckon tghe ute will turn up fairly quickly, hopefully not torched, but the bike maybe in pieces as that's easier to hide. maybe it's one of these rings from down cockburn way (had my housemates scooter nicked a couple of years ago and the murdoch police found it at a house not far away, but wouldnt tell us where or who it was save that it was a 'ring' with many other bikes found on their property and basically there were older guys telling juveniles what bikes to go and nick) who thought all their christmases had come at once when they had the chance to get not only a bike but also a vehicle to nick more bikes with, probably did a ram raid with it. ah well I'm pretty sure their are video cameras in that carpark so hopefully they got a good picture of the temporary Australian(s) who did it!

shan
11-04-2013, 07:41 AM
I have seen the owner leave the ute unattended and running a few times now, once for around 40 minutes. Hope its not the case and best of luck with the return.
Just to clarify
The owner
its a broad statement here right, being any ute owner and not a particular one !

Eugene
11-04-2013, 10:41 PM
i heard a cop chase going up canning highway earlier on, hope it was one of these scum.,. I reckon tghe ute will turn up fairly quickly, hopefully not torched, but the bike maybe in pieces as that's easier to hide. maybe it's one of these rings from down cockburn way (had my housemates scooter nicked a couple of years ago and the murdoch police found it at a house not far away, but wouldnt tell us where or who it was save that it was a 'ring' with many other bikes found on their property and basically there were older guys telling juveniles what bikes to go and nick) who thought all their christmases had come at once when they had the chance to get not only a bike but also a vehicle to nick more bikes with, probably did a ram raid with it. ah well I'm pretty sure their are video cameras in that carpark so hopefully they got a good picture of the temporary Australian(s) who did it!

No word on if this was the thief?

Rorschach
13-04-2013, 05:58 PM
Na, they havent found either. Dont think they will.

Falcore
13-04-2013, 06:34 PM
Depends if it was pros or opportunistic thieves.

agrid
13-04-2013, 06:56 PM
I have seen the owner ....

Not the most helpful remark.

Falcore
13-04-2013, 06:57 PM
Meh if its the case.....

Old frt
13-04-2013, 07:01 PM
Doesn't give the thieving scumbags carte blanche to help themselves though.

Thieving is thieving regardless of how easy it is.:mad:

Falcore
13-04-2013, 07:09 PM
I agree 100% they are still scum bags either way.

But if it was the case odds are it was a opportunistic thief so might still turn up

Old frt
13-04-2013, 07:15 PM
Yeah, let's hope so, fingers crossed.

Corona 122
13-04-2013, 07:28 PM
I've only driven through once by border security near Eucla. Is it a possibility the owner could ring through and ask to keep a lookout for a ducati with 'Xxx" engine number?? (Is there a way around getting checked?)

Though I do doubt that, but hey, the worst they could say is "no".

WA border doesn't stop anything heading east unless the heavies decide to run an op and give the truckies a bit of a rev up. You could possibly try the checkpoint at Ceduna but they really only give a crap about fruit and nuts. I have never even had to get out of the car going east. Coming west they tend to give you a little harder time when you hit the border but it would still be pretty easy to hide shit if you show them the right shit and don't give them reason to look further.

When I went to PI with mine and Pottz bikes on an open trailer the trailer was not registered to me, neither bike was registered and mine doesn't even have a compliance plate. They never even looked at or asked about the bikes when heading either direction.

Falcore
13-04-2013, 07:45 PM
Maybe let the cops at Norseman and eucla (not border village) a heads up.

The eucla cops are fairly on the ball

shortSteve
13-04-2013, 08:03 PM
Not the most helpful remark.

But neither is complaining about your stuff getting nicked if it happens that you leave it all unattended, unlocked and running. i am hoping this isn't the case, but gee, dangle 2 big carrots at any rabbit and they will bite.

Manyak
13-04-2013, 08:15 PM
With the trend in thefts lately, leaving anything to chance is just asking for trouble!

Still sucks for the victim though, hope he sees his bike & ute again..

Falcore
13-04-2013, 08:19 PM
Yep my bike has a big F off chain to a anchor point and Scorpio alarm about 2m from my window.

Though mine should be right as the other two housemates don't lock theirs down :P

Manyak
13-04-2013, 08:38 PM
:lol:
Doesn't have to be impossible to steal, just harder than your neighbours.

andy_b
15-04-2013, 07:50 PM
Perth WA Crime Reports
Natalie Hofman
********ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT!!!********

********THE STOLEN GLOBAL MOTORCYCLE SKILLS UTE WAS SPOTTED IN THE GNANGARA - ELLENBROOK AREA LATE YESTERDAY AFTERNOON********

********THOSE IN THE AREA PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE KEEP YOUR EYES WIDE OPEN AND CONTACT THE POLICE ON 131 444 OR ME ON 0457 607 159********

********THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH!!!********

JG — at Ellenbrook,Perth.

Rorschach
15-04-2013, 08:30 PM
Was just posted on Facebook that the Ute's been found. Unsure of condition though, I'd suspect its fairly trashed.

848 hasn't been found yet, I suspect it's on a truck heading east

andy_b
15-04-2013, 09:12 PM
Was just posted on Facebook that the Ute's been found. Unsure of condition though, I'd suspect its fairly trashed.

848 hasn't been found yet, I suspect it's on a truck heading east

That's good to hear bout at least finding the Ute... However as obviously my F3 was one that was stolen last few days. Most my family and friends have changed from heading east to on a boat going overseas :p

keys
15-04-2013, 09:45 PM
Where overseas do you think they are going ?

andy_b
15-04-2013, 10:19 PM
NO idea but where could you sell parts or an MV F3 in Australia without it being picked up somewhere :P or a 848 with Global Motorcycle all over it and stuff like that :P

keys
15-04-2013, 10:32 PM
With the number of late model bike being stolen and never seen again there has to be a large gang operating somewhere in Perth who are shipping containers of bike parts somewhere , seems like a lot of work and risk for a small reward .

15-04-2013, 10:41 PM
why is the owner so interested in getting these back?

I wouldn't want my molested stuff back, id rather find it burnt, and have it replaced with insurance.

Corona 122
15-04-2013, 11:06 PM

I wouldn't want my molested stuff back, id rather find it burnt, and have it replaced with insurance.

Uninsured, under insured, poor claims history, maybe a couple of hidden ounces under the seat or perhaps the guys just attached to it.

Think I'd like the option of having it back. Kinda like viewing a body at a funeral.

15-04-2013, 11:10 PM
each to their own...

Seb
16-04-2013, 07:59 AM

If the car was left running or the keys in it, I doubt insurance would pay out.

Rorschach
16-04-2013, 08:56 AM
Looks like he did leave the keys in it, in which case insurance wouldnt pay out. The most retarded thing to do and hopefully he'll learn his lesson.
I'm paranoid about locking my shit and I drive a frigging Getz!

Falcore
16-04-2013, 09:25 AM
Was wondering.

Newer vehicles aren't exactly easy to start without the keys.

Rorschach
16-04-2013, 09:26 AM
Yeah. I didnt think anyone could be that stupid to be honest

shortSteve
16-04-2013, 11:25 AM
Yeah. I didnt think anyone could be that stupid to be honest

never underestimate...my money is still on running engine aswell, but kinda insignificant anyway. Only takes a second to dip the clutch and press the starter button (if the Tornado was manual).
Still, don't wish theft on anyone, regardless of carelessness

Rorschach
16-04-2013, 11:37 AM
In all honesty, there is careless and then there is being stupid. I'd argue that this is the result of the latter due to the fact that 'nothing like this has happened before'
No, theft isn't nice for the victims involved but minimizing the temptation by 1) taking your keys out 2) actually locking your car and 3) not having a frigging Ducati in the back (presumably with the keys in the ute) takes 5 seconds to do.
Anything else is just asking for it IMO. My whole viewpoint on this has shifted since I found out it was unlocked and keys in.

Seriously, lock your shit up!

Ze Max
16-04-2013, 11:39 AM
Stupid might be a tad strong... carelessness or distraction could be the cause. I know JG is a very busy man, always working late, might have been tired.

shortSteve
16-04-2013, 11:41 AM
In all honesty, there is careless and then there is being stupid. I'd argue that this is the result of the latter due to the fact that 'nothing like this has happened before'
No, theft isn't nice for the victims involved but minimizing the temptation by 1) taking your keys out 2) actually locking your car and 3) not having a frigging Ducati in the back (presumably with the keys in the ute) takes 5 seconds to do.
Anything else is just asking for it IMO. My whole viewpoint on this has shifted since I found out it was unlocked and keys in.

It is very very rarely i am right, but when i am it isn't always a good thing :(

Rorschach
16-04-2013, 11:42 AM
I know JG quite well and yes, stupid might be a bit strong, so I can only assume that he didnt take his keys out and lock the car as its become a bit of a habit.

Falcore
16-04-2013, 12:04 PM
Stupid might be a tad strong... carelessness or distraction could be the cause. I know JG is a very busy man, always working late, might have been tired.

Oh so he's driving around that tired he can't even think to take keys out of ignition? That's such a swell idea.

Neuroglider
16-04-2013, 12:04 PM
I know jg as well. As soon as I saw they were stolen I said "Bet the keys were still in the car."

Sigh.

Lesson learnt hopefully. Least he has the ute back. I know some work went into it as well.

Rorschach
16-04-2013, 12:07 PM
I know jg as well. As soon as I saw they were stolen I said "Bet the keys were still in the car."

Sigh.

Lesson learnt hopefully. Least he has the ute back. I know some work went into it as well.I know some works gone into it as well, its been clogging up my facebook feed (and probably yours!) for the last few days!

Neuroglider
16-04-2013, 12:10 PM
I know some works gone into it as well, its been clogging up my facebook feed (and probably yours!) for the last few days!

Haha yeah, I think 95% of my fb updates are to do with JG.

I keep getting excited like "I HAVE FRIEN...oooo no i don't...:("

Rorschach
16-04-2013, 12:17 PM
:(

Annoyingly it wont stop until every single person on earth knows the 848 was nicked too.

Ichigoat
16-04-2013, 12:19 PM
Haha yeah, I think 95% of my fb updates are to do with JG.

I keep getting excited like "I HAVE FRIEN...oooo no i don't...:("

Haha, know that feeling.

I was upset for John until I heard about the keys. That is just asking for it, especially in Myaree

- - - Updated - - -

:(

Annoyingly it wont stop until every single person on earth knows the 848 was nicked too.

If it annoys you that much, just turn notifications from him off

timmay
16-04-2013, 12:21 PM
if he has the ute back, wouldn't insurance still pay out on the bike?
The keys were in the ute, not in the bike surely? A bit technical perhaps, but there is a possibility for it.

Ichigoat
16-04-2013, 12:23 PM
if he has the ute back, wouldn't insurance still pay out on the bike?
The keys were in the ute, not in the bike surely? A bit technical perhaps, but there is a possibility for it.

Unless he lies to the insurance company about leaving the ute unlocked I highly doubt they will pay him out for it. Same theory as leaving your house unlocked.
Insurance company is far more likely to just turn around and go "You wot? You avn a larf? On your bike son, and don't darken my doorway again"

Rorschach
16-04-2013, 12:26 PM
If it annoys you that much, just turn notifications from him offI'd also have to turn notifications off for everyone else I know through him, and there's quite a few of them.
Still, no use me getting upset about the facebook thing, I'd probably be the same.

Ichigoat
16-04-2013, 12:29 PM
I'd also have to turn notifications off for everyone else I know through him, and there's quite a few of them.
Still, no use me getting upset about the facebook thing, I'd probably be the same.

Oh fuck yeah, me too. I wouldn't stop until even the Eskimos knew about my bike being stolen

Rorschach
16-04-2013, 12:34 PM
As an aside, have you tracked your 250 yet? What are you doing for a replacement?

andy_b
16-04-2013, 12:39 PM
Thats to bad to hear aye... first thing i did when F3 got taken was find all the keys for it and they have been right next to me 24/7 since so when the time comes to send them to insurance i will have them ... dont want them saying not paying out cause i left keys in or whatnot...

chew
16-04-2013, 01:03 PM
Be warned if you leave your keys on a public coffee table or wrapped in a towel at the beach you may not be covered.

Make sure they are in a bag of some description.

Kristy
16-04-2013, 01:20 PM
Rorschach, I get that you're pissed about having attempted to help someone who left his goods vulnerable to being nicked, but despite it perhaps being made easy for the thief, it still doesn't change the fact that someone's hard earned was nicked by someone who thought they needed/deserved it more without working for it.

TL;DR - yeah sure, the guys a knob for leaving the keys in it but surely your initial outrage was that someone's goods had been nicked? Making it easier to nick doesn't change what you were likely initially outraged about?

Rorschach
16-04-2013, 01:34 PM
Kristy I understand completely the point you're trying to make and would be exactly the same if it was my hard-earned that was nicked by some scrote that didnt work for it or deserve it.
Yes, the OP was posting up that someones pride and joy was nicked and I was pissed off that people stole something that wasnt theirs, and I suppose some of that has now been directed back to the victim who didnt secure their shit. We all know these people are out there, why make it easier for them? I'd say the people that took it saw a target of opportunity.

Seriously folks, lock your shit up.

Edit: And surely having a tl;dr is for a long post :)

Kristy
16-04-2013, 01:45 PM
Rorschach, not defending the dude at all, just trying to look at the the bigger picture of thievery, not the mechanism by which it happens (whether it be made easy or not). Regardless of ease of theft, someone else has wanted something for nothing to the deteriment of the owner who has worked for it.

But yes I'm all for making it hard for thiefs. I do have a general sense of mistrust, not because I have necessarily been wronged but I value my stuff highly and don't want it to go walkabouts because a) i've worked for it b ) I don't want to be without it - I bought it for a reason, and c) I don't want someone else to enjoy for free (by theft) what I have worked for.

The TL;DR was that I just managed to express it better in that sentence than the rest of the post and I was being too lazy to edit the stuff I first wrote :P

filbert
16-04-2013, 01:53 PM
Women should wear burkas so they don't make things easier for the rapists.

A crime is a crime

negligence affects insurance but the intent and result is the same.

agrid
16-04-2013, 02:05 PM
Given the great secrecy that usually surrounds PSB crashes, I'm surprised to see the presumed circumstances regarding the theft of a fellow riders vehicles so openly discussed.

Rorschach
16-04-2013, 02:17 PM
agrid I suppose the discussion has now moved into the stupidity of leaving your stuff unlocked and the general morality of stealing things in general, not just when people make it easy for the crims.

Kristy I agree 100%.

Again, secure your shit people!

chew
16-04-2013, 02:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siRpBH6wUUk

Rorschach
16-04-2013, 02:26 PM
One of my favourite scenes in that film :)

chew
16-04-2013, 02:44 PM
Game over man. ;)

Live to ride
16-04-2013, 02:46 PM
Regardless of how easy it was to steal, I just want to see the theiving pricks caught and hung out to dry.
Not that judicial system will stop them doing it again to someone else, but it might keep them off the streets for a little while.

Ichigoat
16-04-2013, 04:14 PM
Regardless of how easy it was to steal, I just want to see the theiving pricks caught and hung out to dry.
Not that judicial system will stop them doing it again to someone else, but it might keep them off the streets for a little while.

Can we just send them to a different country? How about where the asylum seekers are coming from?
Or you know, coal mines always need workers to go into the more treacherous areas, couldn't think of a better place to send a worthless soul