PDA

View Full Version : Crash caught on cam

Pages : [1] 2 3

Mario64
04-06-2013, 03:15 PM
Crashed my bike today. Complete squid mistake yes I know.

Heres the vid, for everyone to have a lol at and maybe learn (!) a thing or two about entering roundabouts on motorcycles...

Motorbike Crash at Roundabout - YouTube (http://youtu.be/xXTBpSSNelA)

Rich...
04-06-2013, 03:20 PM
Nice step off...

I give it an 8...

Speed Dealer
04-06-2013, 03:21 PM
Why wouldn't you just keep this to yourself? Don't get me wrong, it's funny...but at your expense. Did those cars really just keep on driving? Wankers.

Johnno
Ouch, very effective way to stop a motorcycle. Good news you're not hurt but do you really think thats only $1000 damage? I'd be thinking you wrote that frame off.

Huggy
I blame the ride leader for this one! :lol:

Lucky to not have been too badly hurt mate. All the best with the insurance claim/fixing it up :(

shan
04-06-2013, 03:22 PM
Dude , fuck.
well you know there are things to learn , glad your ok .
Insured I hope .

bobinatcat
04-06-2013, 03:23 PM
Lucky there mate. I'd be thinking more expensive too.

agrid
04-06-2013, 03:24 PM
Oh Mr Hart, what a mess.

sumo
04-06-2013, 03:24 PM
maybe learn (!) a thing or two about entering roundabouts on motorcycles...

they are round and require turning?

Fozzy
04-06-2013, 03:25 PM
Hows your nuts?

Mario64
04-06-2013, 03:26 PM
Why wouldn't you just keep this to yourself? Don't get me wrong, it's funny...but at your expense. Did those cars really just keep on driving? Wankers.

Well, motorcyclists enter roundabouts quite often either a) too quickly and/or b) cut thru them.

Simply because you dont have to make the circle as in a car...

I did that all the time and I see other riders doing it all the time too. It might raise a bit of awareness to those riders doing it and might potentially prevent one of these accidents. Save a life? Save someone a shitload of money?

Thats why.

Mario64
04-06-2013, 03:29 PM
Ouch, very effective way to stop a motorcycle. Good news you're not hurt but do you really think thats only $1000 damage? I'd be thinking you wrote that frame off.

Yea well just dropped her off at the mech. Thats what he estimated. Will get a more detailed quote tomoro, but it was driving surprisingly well when I babied it to the mech down the road... Steering completely fine. Fingers crossed.

Huggy
04-06-2013, 03:30 PM
Well, motorcyclists enter roundabouts quite often either a) too quickly and/or b) cut thru them.

Don't always have to do what the other kids are doing... I think we're starting to learn this.

To play devils advocate; is your third party property insurance taking care of the damage to that post? If not, then it may not be wise to have the video up online if you've just bowled it over and left the scene.

Speed Dealer
04-06-2013, 03:31 PM
I did that all the time and I see other riders doing it all the time too. It might raise a bit of awareness to those riders doing it and might potentially prevent one of these accidents. Save a life? Save someone a shitload of money?

Thats why.

The only thing people will learn from this video is that the best place to ride is a safe distance behind you with their Gopro rolling.

Mario64
04-06-2013, 03:32 PM
Don't always have to do what the other kids are doing... I think we're starting to learn this.

To play devils advocate; is your third party property insurance taking care of the damage to that post? If not, then it may not be wise to have the video up online if you've just bowled it over and left the scene.

nah, talked to the coppers on scene (patrol car happened to stop by and help me out. top blokes). he said not to worry about it. the council will fix it... sry guys for wasting ur taxpayers money

AliastheJester
04-06-2013, 03:33 PM
Why didn't you lay it down to avoid an accident. :teehee:
Bloody good aim though, you got it right in the middle of the loop.

Your next bike should be a supermoto, just go straight over the island.

shan
04-06-2013, 03:34 PM
The only thing people will learn from this video is that the best place to ride is a safe distance behind you with their Gopro rolling.
There is no dislike button so i quoted you
There is pleanty to lern here for a noOb

Huggy
04-06-2013, 03:34 PM
nah, talked to the coppers on scene (patrol car happened to stop by and help me out. top blokes). he said not to worry about it. the council will fix it... sry guys for wasting ur taxpayers money

They breathalysed you, right? :P

I'm surprised they didn't try book you for dangerous driving. They'd have the video footage to prove it.

Sound like I'm being a cunt, but it would be a different story if there was a pedestrian standing there waiting to cross the road.

Mario64
04-06-2013, 03:42 PM
They breathalysed you, right? :P

I'm surprised they didn't try book you for dangerous driving. They'd have the video footage to prove it.

Sound like I'm being a cunt, but it would be a different story if there was a pedestrian standing there waiting to cross the road.

no breath test. nothing.

they were really nice and understanding. helped me un-jam that bloody thing and said not to worry about it too much. real top blokes.

Yes, Im really glad its only monetary damage that has been done here. Really glad no-one was standing there.

To be fair though, in terms of dangerous driving or the like, there was no intent whatsoever. I honestly just did a beginners mistake. Was not speeding and well under the speedlimit...

Why didn't you lay it down to avoid an accident. :teehee:

I wish I had, had the reactions to do that... To be honest I was also sort of hoping to just roll onto the grass and gradually slow down. I was going past that bloody thing might have just grazed it if you look at the slow mo, but the curb put me back full onto collision course... :(

Johnno
04-06-2013, 03:43 PM
Yea well just dropped her off at the mech. Thats what he estimated. Will get a more detailed quote tomoro, but it was driving surprisingly well when I babied it to the mech down the road... Steering completely fine. Fingers crossed.

Really? looked like bent forks on the ground but maybe just the angle it was on. Good luck mate with the repairs and good on you for trying to help others from it.

FJ Steve
04-06-2013, 03:44 PM
hmmm...target fixation? Where were you looking at
1) entering the round-a-bout
2) half way around the round-a-bout
3) and at the point of trying to correct the ill-handling 250 which had just kissed the kerb on it's way around the round-a-bout.

To me, they are the lessons to be learned. You will steer in the direction you are looking....and the sooner you get out of the habit of maintaining a 'watch' on the target, then the safer you will be come. (look up...at the horizon...or further down the road)

My first thought when I saw the pedestrian rail coming up? "Oh fuck, that's gonna hurt"

Glad you're still here to tell the tale.

Arwon
04-06-2013, 03:46 PM
whats to learn... classic fuck up....

Huggy
04-06-2013, 03:48 PM
To be fair though, in terms of dangerous driving or the like, there was no intent whatsoever. I honestly just did a beginners mistake. Was not speeding and well under the speedlimit...

Yeah I understand that, and wasn't calling for you to be charged or anything, just surprised that they wouldn't have charged you seeing as often they do when damage to something other just your own bike has occurred.

No need for them to prove any kind of intent either. We don't always 'intend' to speed do we, but they still ping us for it.

Glad to hear you dealt with reasonable officers.

euphoric
04-06-2013, 03:54 PM
kudos for manning up and posting the vid! two or three newbie mistakes all in a row, bet you won't do any of them again!

Sookie
04-06-2013, 03:59 PM
Fuckkkkk lol. Badluck, props to you for posting it up mate, might as well! Hope your insured because that more than likely would be a write off...your frame might be twisted from the forks being turned so hard to the point of it stopping..and yeah your forks looked a tad bent but hey, might spring back...either way I reckon your frame stoppers might be toast ^_^

Glad to hear your okay, post up tomorrow when the aches and pains set in ^_^

Crobbo
04-06-2013, 04:11 PM
Your YouTube uploads are certainly.... colourful.

Jaw
04-06-2013, 04:12 PM
Ouch ouch ouch. Did you get the lefty or the righty? Easy and common mistake to make, no dangerous driving just staring in the wrong direction and a dodgy line. Hope you didnt batter yourself too much..

SteelHorse
04-06-2013, 04:14 PM
Just curious, but ah... How long have you had your license?

Just kinda thinking, 10 days off your bike and you forget how to turn the handlebars and lean... Don't know if it was the angle of the camera, but the whole way through I was thinking "ok, so when is he going to start turning/leaning?"

Jon1
04-06-2013, 04:14 PM
Now I wish I recorded the moment I flipped my bike over the handlebars from grabbing a handful too much brake :P

But yes; target fixation is bad. Thanks for the video! Reminds me to not fixate

Rennis
04-06-2013, 04:20 PM
Time to get back in a cage and sell all your gear :)

Dragunov-21
04-06-2013, 04:21 PM

You allergic to leaning or something? Roundabouts are an excuse to make an awesome circle...

*EDIT* Speed had nothing directly to do with that - you were either lazy and clipped the edging or you felt​ like you were going too fast, froze up and clipped the edging.

*DOUBLE EDIT* Had a look at some of your other videos; they make you look like a reckless dickhea demonstrate a need to work on your hazard perception and (IMO) drop your threshold of "acceptable risk". So many instances of you rushing past gaps/streets with poor vision assuming that no-one's going to enter your path.

*TRIPLE EDIT*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se4RYdCFWhc

Time to get back in a cage and sell all your gear

agrid
04-06-2013, 04:35 PM
I'm not sure what is the worst piece of riding I've seen recently; yours or the guy that ran up the arse of the cyclist.

thackleberry
04-06-2013, 04:38 PM
Good on you for posting vid, sh1t goes wrong quick.. glad you are uninjured and have recognised your mistake!

Brodiezx10r
04-06-2013, 04:51 PM
unlucky in that one mate at least there is no damage to anyone else or yourself beginners mistake it happens nothing much you can do apart from learn from your mistakes let us know what they say about the bike.

boeman
04-06-2013, 04:52 PM
Perfectly executed example of motorcycle croquet.

Commander Keen

Priced up a new fairing, dash, headlight, etc from Kawasaki recently? I wouldn't be surprised if that's a write off dude.

Avoid kerbs in future.

Sookie
oh god man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHNOu3a6VQo

shan
I'm not sure what is the worst piece of riding I've seen recently; yours or the guy that ran up the arse of the cyclist.
This one Can anyone tell me what happen to him! - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIy7lRGnBZM&feature=player_embedded)

Speed Dealer
04-06-2013, 04:56 PM
To the OP you're exactly the type of rider who is giving other riders a bad name. You're bloody wreckless on the road and by uploading your videos it appears you're proud of it.

Unfortunately it's only a matter of time before you kill/seriously injure yourself or someone else. Whilst I'm glad you weren't injured, I'm also glad you're off the road for a little while.

Johnno
04-06-2013, 04:57 PM
Ummm the generation that puts their whole life online including drag racing on the street. Thank fuck I'm an old man now and have some shame and sense of self preservation.

shan
04-06-2013, 05:00 PM
Dude looking at some of these vids its just a matter of time , learn before you cannot

Sookie
04-06-2013, 05:01 PM
Not to bombard you man, but you nearly got done for murder...

WHY DIDNT YOU SLOW DOWN???

Edit: that wasn't an almost, i clearly hear her hit your bike

Speed Dealer
04-06-2013, 05:03 PM

Thats why.

So you've posted a video of a hit and run on the internet?

Huggy
04-06-2013, 05:04 PM
OP really is in to self incrimination isn't he

chew
04-06-2013, 05:05 PM
Mistakes are useful if you learn from them.

What have you learnt?

agrid
04-06-2013, 05:07 PM
This one Can anyone tell me what happen to him! - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIy7lRGnBZM&feature=player_embedded)

Ok you win.

Dragunov-21
04-06-2013, 05:08 PM
Mistakes are useful if you learn from them.

What have you learnt?

To make sure everyone's a much of a dickhead as you are before sharing your proudest moments?

Phildo
04-06-2013, 05:12 PM
Yep, poor planning and execution.

If you're having trouble steering something like a Ninja 250/300, then get something with wider handlebars (eg Honda VTR250). Makes a shitload of difference.

AliastheJester
04-06-2013, 05:18 PM
Yep, poor planning and execution.

If you're having trouble steering something like a Ninja 250/300, then get something with wider handlebars (eg Honda VTR250). Makes a shitload of difference.

That's not how you spell CT 110.

harpo
04-06-2013, 05:19 PM
Holy shit, I guess you get some points for manning up and posting up (as previously mentioned by others), but seriously dude I have to agree with Speed Dealer. If you can't steer through a roundabout at that speed...would only have required the mildest of rider input, as opposed to none at all. As for the other vids...damn, just quit while you're ahead alive. Ten days without riding is NOT the reason you binned your shit.

and shan, if I hadn't seen that vid with my own eyes I would never believe anyone could suck that badly, with such brilliant consistency! :lol:

shmoo
04-06-2013, 05:22 PM

woah. hit a pedestrian and you not only keep going but speed up. nice.

shan
04-06-2013, 05:23 PM
get to the RAC training mate, and read a lot on here. You do not have road any road craft, skills need a lot of improvement also. Its worrying to say the least.

FJ Steve
04-06-2013, 05:26 PM
dude...stay away from me on the roads

You are a sh*t magnet

Dragunov-21
04-06-2013, 05:27 PM
Holy shit, I guess you get some points for manning up and posting up (as previously mentioned by others)

I'm not having a shot at you here, but are you able to explain why? (beyond that other people have mentioned it)

It doesn't need anything admirable to tell everybody you fucked up or post a video; it can be anything from being thick-skinned and wanting advice to wanting to give people a laugh to being a complete attention-whore.

AliastheJester
04-06-2013, 05:30 PM
get to the RAC training mate, and read a lot on here. You do not have road any road craft, skills need a lot of improvement also. Its worrying to say the least.

^^^This.
IMO it doesn't have to be an RAC course (initially). Go to any of the (good) riding schools and ask for lessons on roadcraft, not just passing the test, and take on board what they teach you. There is plenty to be learned before you head to an RAC course or a trackday.

Speed Dealer
04-06-2013, 05:34 PM
Videos and the rider have been reported to WAPOL...and no, I'm not joking.

Ok, maybe I am joking, but OP, if one of your victims sees the videos online, they could potentially take them to the Police.

captainpaul
04-06-2013, 05:36 PM
I was gonna post something of a concerned nature to the OP's prang but with a mild hint of wittiness until... I saw two other vids of his wreckless riding and endangering the public.

Mental note to self... Avoid any red ninja's from this day forward and hope he fubars himself very soon before he injures or kills innocent people.

Atrocious mate, simply atrocious.

Dragunov-21
04-06-2013, 05:36 PM
I suspect someone will have downloaded it already so the damage is already done...

Heretic
04-06-2013, 05:37 PM
wtf did i just watch

You've bought GoPro mate, not a fucking GoStupid

Phildo
04-06-2013, 05:38 PM
Quick tip for the rider.

On the right side of the handlebars, in front of your fingers, there is a lever.

That is to activate the front brake.

Activating this wonderful invention would be appropriate when riding between cars, and you see a pedestrian.

Also quite useful when you've clipped a roundabout and are about to hit a kerb and pedestrian pole.

captainpaul
04-06-2013, 05:42 PM
Phildo... To operate said wonderful devices, rider must have more than one brain cell.
It's safe to say the OP fails that pre-requisite ;-)

Sprint
04-06-2013, 06:00 PM
Fuck me.
Please hand in the following items:

Licence (i assume you have one?!?).
GoPro.

S.

Blazon
04-06-2013, 06:00 PM
hey OP,
I've watched a few of your videos. May be start writing your own obituary, cause you have a death wish.

You do not pass a vehicle on the left side of a left hand lane when approaching the traffic lights....Never, Ever!

Go get some lessons or Give up riding.

This would be funny if it was'nt so fucking dangerous!!

darkfibre
04-06-2013, 06:05 PM
Thats a helmet mounted camera?

All your videos show no head check movement at all, even when you pulled out on the white 4x4.

On a serious note your videos show 3 incidents/close calls that were all avoidable, with you at fault.

Considered booking a refresher lesson? (call it a big bike lesson if you like)

Dragunov-21
04-06-2013, 06:08 PM
This would be funny if it was'nt so fucking dangerous!!

The first video is still funny. Really, really​ funny.

filbert
04-06-2013, 06:09 PM
To the OP you're exactly the type of rider who is giving other riders a bad name. You're bloody wreckless on the road and by uploading your videos it appears you're proud of it.

Unfortunately it's only a matter of time before you kill/seriously injure yourself or someone else. Whilst I'm glad you weren't injured, I'm also glad you're off the road for a little while.

correction... he was wreckless now he has a wreck.

definitely reckless though :) reminds me of a few others who had mishaps on similar model bikes who don't post here anymore.

Mario64
04-06-2013, 06:11 PM
woah. hit a pedestrian and you not only keep going but speed up. nice.

I did not hit her. She touched my shoulder with both her hands and pushed herself away. That was it. Obviously I had not seen her otherwise I would have slowed down. Sounds like some people are saying I intentionally sped up...

Had I hit her, rolled over her feet or anything serious, of course I would have stopped. It was peak hour traffic, very hard to pull over anywhere and in this situation I decided not to pull over. Should someone know her I am more than happy to supply my personal details should she have carried away any injury. I would not have continued had I not 100% been sure she was not injured.

But also, it was a red light for the pedestrians and I was lane splitting. This can seriously happen to any rider splitting. In fact Motovlogger Old Man Triple from Perth has had a very similar situation which he uploaded on youtube too.

*DOUBLE EDIT* Had a look at some of your other videos; they make you look like a reckless dickhea demonstrate a need to work on your hazard perception and (IMO) drop your threshold of "acceptable risk". So many instances of you rushing past gaps/streets with poor vision assuming that no-one's going to enter your path.

Yes I agree with you and many other posters.

Many of those vids are irresponsible and today made me re-think a lot.
Many of the vids are also from when I started riding (i.e. within the first two months of obtaining my license). I was an over-excited kid and yes, I have done stupid stuff (havent we all though?).

I find it curious how some guys here seem to be angels on their bikes. Common for gods sake, you are a motorcyclist too. A new and shiny sports bike. Your first motorcycle. Dont tell me you were an angel on yours when you started. I have seen a fair few riders out there and a lot of extremely risky manoeuvres. Way crazier ones, than I would ever do.

Nonetheless, my driving has not been very responsible at times and I have since calmed down a lot and in this situation I really did not ride like a reckless idiot... It was simply a beginners mistake.

I have been meaning to do the RAC Advanced Rider training and was actually planning on doing it this month. I will do it as soon as my bike is fixed.

I have been able to get together a fair few spare parts and I think I was lucky as the front forks were not bent. Only the front sub frame supporting the fairings is severely bent. the side fairings have cracks in them on both sides but they are relatively small cracks which need not be fixed apparently. I have a spare windshield and the lights were undamaged (unbelievable) as they flew straight out and were not damaged. Also it looks like I have found a very cheap second hand front fairing.

As for the others, I really appreciate the CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. Its great to get some support as well as advice as to what went wrong, what could have been done better and what should be improved. One of the main reasons also why I posted it in the first place.

cheers guys.

Blazon
04-06-2013, 06:13 PM
The first video is still funny. Really, really​ funny.

I had a chuckle :D

check his other vids and see how much of a loon this kid is.

zero
04-06-2013, 06:14 PM
Firstly, I am glad you're not injured.

You are supposed to avoid the banana skins, but this is not a game.

*shakes head*

TurboR1
04-06-2013, 06:18 PM
oh god man

Certainly makes you sit up and take notice when even this guy can see the faults in your riding and hazard perception.

I think you should most definitely reassess you preferred choice of transport... Maybe a set of Nike runners... keep going the way you're going and you will be doing your transportation shopping here; Glide Rehabilitation Products : Australian Manufacturers of Manual & Power Wheelchairs: Home (http://www.glide.com.au/)

AliastheJester
04-06-2013, 06:21 PM
I find it curious how some guys here seem to be angels on their bikes... Dont tell me you were an angel on yours when you started...

A lot of the blokes that are posting have friends that are well acquainted with angels, some also came close to meeting some angels themselves.

It really doesn't need to be advanced rider training, find an instructor and get all the training you can get.

Dragunov-21
04-06-2013, 06:24 PM
But also, it was a red light for the pedestrians and I was lane splitting. This can seriously happen to any rider splitting.

Bull-fucking-shit. If the risk is there and unable to be mitigated, then you should not be taking it. That's the biggest thing I don't understand about riders - a lot of us seem to think that recognising a risk makes it ok to do stupid shit; just because you know how stupid it is.

Split slower, especially at intersections, gaps and potential crosswalks, pay attention and you won't have that issue.

Yes I agree with you and many other posters.

Many of those vids are irresponsible and today made me re-think a lot.
Many of the vids are also from when I started riding (i.e. within the first two months of obtaining my license). I was an over-excited kid and yes, I have done stupid stuff (havent we all though?).

That little lane-splitting effort was posted in mid-March. How long have you had your license?

I find it curious how some guys here seem to be angels on their bikes. Common for gods sake, you are a motorcyclist too. A new and shiny sports bike. Your first motorcycle. Dont tell me you were an angel on yours when you started.

Riding and mitigating risk aren't mutually exclusive, dude. Do you think it's expected that you intentionally do stupid shit when you start riding? You're supposed to save the fast stuff for when you are able to control the bike and constantly scan for threats without thinking.

Nonetheless, my driving has not been very responsible at times and I have since calmed down a lot and in this situation I really did not ride like a reckless idiot... It was simply a beginners mistake.

As for the others, I really appreciate the CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. Its great to get some support as well as advice as to what went wrong, what could have been done better and what should be improved. One of the main reasons also why I posted it in the first place.

cheers guys.

Props if the show of willingness to learn is genuine, but you need to fix it before you hurt yourself or someone else, and your attitude looks to be one of the huge problems.

Bikes are like birds - fast, mobile and completely unnoticed until they bounce off your windshield in a broken heap.

If you've got a straight piece of road ahead of you, with no cars but a dozen blind intersections, that means you need to ride slowly, not think that because you see them they suddenly don't exist.

shmoo
04-06-2013, 06:25 PM
I did not hit her. She touched my shoulder with both her hands and pushed herself away. That was it. Obviously I had not seen her otherwise I would have slowed down. Sounds like some people are saying I intentionally sped up...

Had I hit her, rolled over her feet or anything serious, of course I would have stopped. It was peak hour traffic, very hard to pull over anywhere and in this situation I decided not to pull over. Should someone know her I am more than happy to supply my personal details should she have carried away any injury. I would not have continued had I not 100% been sure she was not injured.

But also, it was a red light for the pedestrians and I was lane splitting. This can seriously happen to any rider splitting. In fact Motovlogger Old Man Triple from Perth has had a very similar situation which he uploaded on youtube too.

Dude....contact was made with a pedestrian. You should have stopped. Too hard to pull over??? Bullshit. You indicate and move straight to the left and park. Pull up on the verge is necessary. You gave yourself a fright and your automatic reaction was to get out of there - i totally understand that as a reaction.

You were overtaking, it's up to you to do so safely.

Buffle
04-06-2013, 06:27 PM
I am being completely honest and not intending to be mean when I say that, judging by your videos, I don't believe that any training will help. You should never operate a vehicle. I don't think you're being intentionally reckless, but believe you just lack the required abilities such as situational awareness and perception. You are a danger to yourself and to others. I feel sorry for those, including yourself, that you are likely to kill or maim one day. Please use public transport, walk, or settle for being a passenger.

agrid
You should have expected someone to be crossing the road as you split. People do it all the time. Just because you can't see someone it doesn't mean they are not there. You need to be able to see that there is not someone there. Your riding is so bad that I'm not sure there is any hope for you. I'd suggest you quit but at least if you stay on a bike you'll probably only kill yourself.

Sookie
Take it from me Mario64 everyone here is giving you advice. At least absorb some of it. I wouldn't have believed some of it until now...knowing people who have been killed or seriously injured...is never a laughing/fun matter. As a motorbike community, we represent a fairly well knit group, maybe you should take the advice and really really get a refresher lesson..maybe ride with someone who would like to be around you and give you some pointers...the last thing we wanna read about mate is a red 250 ninja wrecked due to being collected by someone / something...take your crash as a reality check buddy...

zero
04-06-2013, 06:28 PM
All the training in the world is for naught if there is no will to recognise failings and improve.

I don't know if the OP has this - but has shown some indications or reflection on it. As have other recently much maligned members.
!
Cross fingers is all we can do, And keep your eyes open - very wide.

TurboR1
04-06-2013, 06:30 PM
You gave yourself a fright and your automatic reaction was to get out of there - i totally understand that as a reaction.

He got a fright? I'm pretty sure the octogenarian evacuated all her bowels in way she long thought was no longer possible.

If she had had a heart attack from that incident there on the road... Guess who's fault it would have been?

If you're splitting where pedestrians can walk through, chances are that they will.

- - - Updated - - -

the last thing we wanna read about mate is a red 250 ninja wrecked.

Oh I don't know... that clip is pretty funny.

Mario64
04-06-2013, 06:32 PM
To make sure everyone's a much of a dickhead as you are before sharing your proudest moments?

First video was uploaded 5 months ago... so you've been riding for 5 months and you still have no riding skills whatsoever? I know a female learner who can ride better than you.

The reason I post my videos are not for show off.

The main reason I posted this vid on PSB, is genuinely to show other beginners what mistakes can be made and can be avoided.

I always considered PSB somewhat of my extended motorcycle family, where I can share stuff, discuss stuff and get advice from.

I am genuinely not proud of my mistakes, but I have learnt a fair bit from other Motovloggers (obviously not enough though).

I also posted this video to see what other people think I did wrong, what I could have done better, and what I should work on.

Maybe I should stop riding though. I never considered myself to be an angel of a rider and I know I have been dumb at times. But dont we all enjoy that adrenaline rush when we get onto our bikes?

I have been trying hard to calm down and have become a lot more aware and responsible (partly due to the feedback and interaction through my youtube account). But equally have I never considered myself to be the most reckless rider around.

Judging from the reaction, maybe I was mistaken. Its always good to get some feedback and constructive criticism.

Maybe I will stop riding. I am thinking about it. Its a shame though, because just like many of you, its my passion. Adding to that are of course the practical reasons for commuting to work...

Fozzy
04-06-2013, 06:32 PM
Holy crap.. At first I felt a little sorry for you.. Then everyone started to talk about your other vids. So I watched them..

I have come to the conclusion that if a Goat was to ride a motorcycle and post videos on Youtube this is exactly what it would look like.

Mario64
04-06-2013, 06:36 PM
Ive had my license for 7 and a half months Dragunov-21

Rich...
04-06-2013, 06:40 PM
Time is nothing...

How many kays?

TurboR1
04-06-2013, 06:42 PM
Maybe I will stop riding. I am thinking about it. Its a shame though, because just like many of you, its my passion. Adding to that are of course the practical reasons for commuting to work...

From what I can tell in between wiping away tears from that round-a-bout clip is here are the primary flaws you need to work on;

HAZARD PERCEPTION - Take a look at this picture and tell us all hazards that you see; You should get 10 easy.
http://ephemeralnewyork.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/28thstreet2010.jpg

ROAD RULES - Learn them... had that ute driven over your sorry ass in the roundabout... you were in the wrong.

LOOK WHERE YOU WANT TO GO - I bet my arse you were staring straight at that bollard that you ever so elegantly parked your bike inside of.

AliastheJester
04-06-2013, 06:45 PM
The main reason I posted this vid on PSB, is genuinely to show other beginners what mistakes can be made and can be avoided.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrJMDIt-sZY&feature=player_detailpage

filbert
04-06-2013, 06:46 PM
you could always just cut your losses and go buy yourself a supermoto at least then if you can't negotiate roundabouts you have half a chance of riding over them in a straight line.

Desmo
04-06-2013, 06:48 PM

Crashed my bike today. Complete squid mistake yes I know.

Heres the vid, for everyone to have a lol at and maybe learn (!) a thing or two about entering roundabouts on motorcycles...

Because this, and good on him. Don't be ridiculous please.
And I wouldn't call it a squid mistake, just target fixation and possibly some inattentiveness.

AliastheJester
04-06-2013, 06:48 PM
From what I can tell in between wiping away tears from that round-a-bout clip is here are the primary flaws you need to work on;

HAZARD PERCEPTION - Take a look at this picture and tell us all hazards that you see; You should get 10 easy.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/349/990/304.gif

TurboR1
04-06-2013, 06:50 PM
Seriously if you can't spot 10 hazards there...

agrid
04-06-2013, 06:51 PM
My pet hate at the moment.

"Single continuous (unbroken) white lines
Single unbroken lines are used either to mark edge
lines, lane lines or dividing lines (centre lines)
on roads. Where there is a single continuous
dividing line (centre line), You must not cross
that line except to leave or enter the road or turn at
an intersection or ‘U’ turn. Where the line is
between lanes travelling in the same direction
(lane lines) You must not cross the line to change
lanes."

Dragunov-21
04-06-2013, 06:51 PM
If your adrenaline rush is coming from knowing that a single mistake by another driver (ie failure to compensate for YOUR shithouse behaviour) could mean the end of you, I'm pretty sure you're not going to find many kindred spirits. Partly because a lot of them wipe themselves out if they don't get it out of their system in a few months.

The way you talk you're right into this whole motorcycling thing but are failing to realise that you've got sod-all experience; not even enoguh to realise when you're doing a horrible job of it. I'm guessing you watch a lot of videos, right? Maybe read a lot of MC stuff too? I was the same, and I also thought that meant something; that I was ahead of the curve because I'd done all my research. Binned my shit on day 2 because I wasn't used to leaning the bike over and froze up mid-way through a turn (a bit like you on that roundabout, I suspect).

IF you want to keep riding, here would be my heartfelt advice.

- Stick to the speed limit (or at least don't intentionally exceed) for six to twelve months unless you're out country. You need to learn how to read what's going on and you need some room for error.

- Leave the "grey areas" of the law like lane-splitting alone until you can at least adequately control your bike and assess risks. When you do it, do it at walking pace.

- Play what-if. If a single foreseeable action by another road user can hurt you, you're in the wrong place and/or doing the wrong speed.

- Ride, regularly, in the conditions you want to ride fast in. (Country/City/whatever)

- For Christ's sake stop assuming that places you can't see don't exist. Assume they are full of moving vehicles about to move in front of you, or grannies or boxes of bricks. Every area is hazardous until you can see it completely and only remains safe as long as you can see it and every area leading into it.

Example. I speed religiously. I also slow down at every blind entry, don't allow my closing speed on vehicles to reach a point where I can't react to an immediate unindicated lane change. I might want to blast past cars and empty streets and 99% of the time I probably could without anything going wrong. But that's not an acceptable risk to me.

Risk is a subjective thing and my balls aren't huge, but I can say pretty comfortably that you're far too happy leaving your life in everyone else's hands while you pull stupid shit.

Blazon
04-06-2013, 06:52 PM
Mario64,
there is no malice intended. No one on here wants to see you in a (fatal) accident is all.

I saw the vid where you overtook the truck at the lights on Riverside drv.(Yes it was so wrong).
It seems like whatever you learnt you pretty much threw out the window. Keep riding like this and you'll be dead very soon.

Sincerely, go get some refresher lessons.

agrid
04-06-2013, 06:53 PM

Are you counting Maccas as a health hazard?

Speed Dealer
04-06-2013, 06:54 PM
Because this, and good on him. Don't be ridiculous please.
And I wouldn't call it a squid mistake, just target fixation and possibly some inattentiveness.

Lol you haven't read the whole thread and watched his other videos have you? Wait till you see him clip a Granny and ride off, and nearly get taken out by a Hilux.

Desmo
04-06-2013, 06:56 PM
Lol you haven't read the whole thread and watched his other videos have you? Wait till you see him clip a Granny and ride off, and nearly get taken out by a Hilux.

Oh.
I'll be back in a bit.

Dragunov-21
04-06-2013, 06:57 PM
Dis gun' be good.

Heretic
04-06-2013, 06:57 PM

uuum, 10 you reckon, can i count the McDonalds store? Heart disease and obesity are big killers you know

updated
oh bugger beaten by Agrid, didn't see that

Kawasaki cat
04-06-2013, 06:59 PM
Noticed you just started deleting some videos:o

Don't want to be a bitch but here goes..... I personally think anyone that uses an emergency lane for avoiding traffic and not for an actual emergency is a DICKHEAD and if the excuse is "it's to dangerous to filter in the middle" then you shouldn't be filtering at all.

Sookie
04-06-2013, 06:59 PM
the ute video has been removed

shan
04-06-2013, 07:01 PM
Seriously RAC dude

Dragunov-21
04-06-2013, 07:04 PM
Wanna tell me what would've happened if you'd had your little freezey-unstable moment in the video below instead?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOKWpHbQ4CU

Mario64
04-06-2013, 07:05 PM
Time is nothing...

How many kays?

7 and a half months & ~6000kms.

Speed Dealer
04-06-2013, 07:05 PM
Oh.
I'll be back in a bit.

Well he's started to delete the videos but you get the idea from these pics.

Yes, the bike is moving in this shot, you hear him clip her then keep riding.
http://i.imgur.com/lJnYz10.png

And you get the idea in this one.
http://i.imgur.com/4dyXF2o.png

Dragunov-21
04-06-2013, 07:07 PM
Y'all should've listened and downloaded them earlier... ;)

shan
04-06-2013, 07:07 PM
Wanna tell me what would've happened if you'd had your little freezey-unstable moment in the video below instead?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOKWpHbQ4CUIf the car had of taken off quicker you would have had the door slammed shut , ouchies

Eugene
04-06-2013, 07:11 PM
The problem is, you are videoing your antics. I seriously want to see some videos of the other riders on here of their riding.. People do immature, silly and fucking downright dangerous manoeuvres on motorcycles all the time. The sad thing is, you've only been riding a few months and the unlucky one who posted up the video, on psb. Which you shouldn't have done.

TurboR1
04-06-2013, 07:11 PM
uuum, 10 you reckon, t

Oh for fucks sake, no wonder you all bin your shit.

From the Left,
One Way signs - You already have an idea where traffic is coming from.
Lady stepping out between cars
Car next to lady has wheels turned out - could be about to pull out.
Can just see bicycle wheel in front of car - can get in your way quicker than pedestrians
Pedestrian crossings x 2
Traffic Lights ahead are green - BUT
Traffic is stopping.
Traffic backing through intersection - expect a lane change.
Bus changing lanes way up ahead
bus could pull out from right
lady waiting to cross
another lady waiting to cross
man waiting to cross
trolley with man could be poorly strapped and can come undone 1/2 across giving you more to dodge.

Rennis
04-06-2013, 07:15 PM
Please refrain from attending any rides I attended for the sake of us both

Oh and how much for the gopro?

Cheers
;)

Kristy
Dude, the vids you upload suggests that you think what occurs is part and parcel of riding. It's not. May I suggest in a friendly way that you're doing it wrong. I know a great many riders who would have nothing of note to upload in a 7.5 month period cos the frequency of shit happening is pretty low - and if something happened it may be due to a douchenozzle not paying attention and pulling out and were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Don't get me wrong, I don't ride like a nana, far from it but I seriously would have nothing to report in a 3 month period. The reason there would not be many incidences is it's called hazard perception and risk avoidance - fanging down the slip lane to the cut in cross of traffic going straight is not ballsy, it's... well, I'm speechless. You are actively putting yourself in situations that most people wouldn't... that's why you've got so many videos to upload. Please take the constructive criticism on board and be well pleased, and count your lucky stars that you haven't had a serious injury.

shan
You forgot Taxies

Mario64
04-06-2013, 07:16 PM
- Stick to the speed limit (or at least don't intentionally exceed) for six to twelve months unless you're out country. You need to learn how to read what's going on and you need some room for error.

- Leave the "grey areas" of the law like lane-splitting alone until you can at least adequately control your bike and assess risks. When you do it, do it at walking pace.

- Play what-if. If a single foreseeable action by another road user can hurt you, you're in the wrong place and/or doing the wrong speed.

- Ride, regularly, in the conditions you want to ride fast in. (Country/City/whatever)

- For Christ's sake stop assuming that places you can't see don't exist. Assume they are full of moving vehicles about to move in front of you, or grannies or boxes of bricks. Every area is hazardous until you can see it completely and only remains safe as long as you can see it and every area leading into it.

Hey thanks for that advice. Nice to see some constructive criticism.

the ute video has been removed

Noticed you just started deleting some videos:o

Yes I removed some of the vids.

After listening to all the stuff many of you guys say, I am actually feeling really bad about many of those vids now and begun taking them down.

While some of my vids are genuinely intended to be educational to beginners such as the dangers of pedestrians while lane splitting, the hilux vid and the freeway undertaking vid are just plain dumb and not educational.

I knew my driving was bad, but to me it seemed in line with most sports-bike riders out there. Maybe it isnt or maybe they just dont upload their vids and commit their 'crimes' in silence.

And yes I had already been planning my RAC rider training to improve my skills.. Too late.

In any case, those vids where I am (after a good think) genuinely not proud of, I took them down. Not the grandma one though. I made mistakes there, but they were (as the crash vid) beginner mistakes and people can learn from it.

Dragunov-21
04-06-2013, 07:16 PM
The problem is, you are videoing your antics. I seriously want to see some videos of the other riders on here of their riding.. People do immature, silly and fucking downright dangerous manoeuvres on motorcycles all the time. The sad thing is, you've only been riding a few months and the unlucky one who posted up the video, on psb. Which you shouldn't have done.

Do you or anyone you consider to be a responsible rider do that kind of stuff that often or with that dangerous an attitude? Cuz I don't and neither does anyone I'd ride within a mile of.

Eugene
04-06-2013, 07:17 PM
[QUOTE=Speed Dealer;2859583]Well he's started to delete the videos but you get the idea from these pics.

Yes, the bike is moving in this shot, you hear him clip her then keep riding.
http://i.imgur.com/lJnYz10.png

By the looks of things, she was j-walking, so it was her own fault if she got hit.

Dragunov-21
04-06-2013, 07:21 PM
In any case, those vids where I am (after a good think) genuinely not proud of, I took them down. Not the grandma one though. I made mistakes there, but they were (as the crash vid) beginner mistakes and people can learn from it.

I'm not trying to be snarky, but you took down a couple of helpful vids and left the one that (planets aligning to fuck you up) you would most likely to be charged over?

The pulling out on the ute at the roundabout is very demonstrative of a newbie mistake and probably the most helpful of the lot. In fact a lot of the videos are helpful; it's the descriptions that need work, because almost every single one should read "I did something fucking stupid, chekkit."

Anyway, I've about said everything I'd planned to, so if you're genuinely interested in picking up your act and getting a healthy attitude and skillset, all the best.

*EDIT* And then that happened...

By the looks of things, she was j-walking, so it was her own fault if she got hit.

Are you serious? The average person does not think of it as a third lane. We have no right to expect the general public to foresee our deviant (literal definition) actions on the road. If you're doing stuff that is out of the ordinary or contrary to the law or popular expectations, it's up to YOU to make sure nothing happens.

Mario64
04-06-2013, 07:21 PM
Can I ask the OP what age he is?

And have you been taught to look behind you at all?

Im 23. Probably part of the problem.

As for your question: No. I learnt: Indicator Mirror and blindspot check. The mirror usually gives me a good idea whats behind.

51 New West
04-06-2013, 07:22 PM

Thats why.

I always maintain lane position through roundabouts, for 2 reasons. Firstly it's more fun; instant chicane. Secondly, entering a roundabout at the speed limit or higher is a great way to get cut off by the motorist entering from your left who either doesn't see you or underestimates your speed because they're expecting you to be slower at the entrance to a roundabout; instant accident. But awesome re-entry, and congrats on having the balls to post this and brains to admit fault.

Crobbo
04-06-2013, 07:24 PM

After listening to all the stuff many of you guys say, I am actually feeling really bad about many of those vids now and begun taking them down.

While some of my vids are genuinely intended to be educational to beginners such as the dangers of pedestrians while lane splitting, the hilux vid and the freeway undertaking vid are just plain dumb and not educational.

I knew my driving was bad, but to me it seemed in line with most sports-bike riders out there. Maybe it isnt or maybe they just dont upload their vids and commit their 'crimes' in silence.

And yes I had already been planning my RAC rider training to improve my skills.. Too late.

Good, think of how people see you when you do this.

It just reaffirms the stereotype that we're all dangerous. Not what we as motorcycling community need.

Dragunov-21
04-06-2013, 07:25 PM

http://assets.gearlive.com/filmcrunch/blogimages/nocountry_tommyleejones_lawsuit.jpg

Speed Dealer
04-06-2013, 07:25 PM

Bullshit. plenty of people that age or younger on here. I'm 24. It's having plans more ambitious than your skill set that's the problem.

Blazon
04-06-2013, 07:26 PM

I think its a good thing the OP posted the vid.

Otherwise he wouldn't know how much of a terrible rider he is. We might be actually saving his life.
As for newbs doing silly and stupid shit, yep I'll put my hand up...but this guy has no roadcraft and no idea.

saj
04-06-2013, 07:27 PM
I don't mean to be rude or disrespectful to the OP. At any point did you take lessons from a professional riding instructor? I've seen a few vids on your channel before and thought you where a crazy lunatic. I'm kind of glad it's come to PSB's attention and perhaps you've learnt or may learn from your own stupidity.

I'm sorry you binned your bike into a pedestrian pole, but I've NEVER seen anyone attempt to take a roundabout in a straight line. They're mini chicane's and should be treated as such.

Eugene
04-06-2013, 07:27 PM
Do you or anyone you consider to be a responsible rider do that kind of stuff that often or with that dangerous an attitude? Cuz I don't and neither does anyone I'd ride within a mile of.

Wheeling, swerving in and out of traffic, 80+kph splitting, accelerating stupidly quickly. I see it happen so damn often with bikes (less so with wheeling).

It a bloody stupid thing to do, but even I will admit I've done stupid things while riding and generally on the severity I think "Fuck I looked like a tool just then, don't do it again."

There's a time and a place to do that stuff, yet it happens at the best of times where everyone sees said person stuff up while trying to show off or "be cool".

Mario64
04-06-2013, 07:32 PM
I personally think anyone that uses an emergency lane for avoiding traffic and not for an actual emergency is a DICKHEAD

Agreed. Thats why I removed it. Nothing to be proud about. You might be happy to hear that, since I received so much negative feedback on that particular vid from randoms on youtube I re-thought my driving and had stopped doing it for a while now (believe it or not).

Please refrain from attending any rides I attended for the sake of us both
Cheers
;)

Yea dont worry I wont be attending any, anytime soon. Im a tad surprised about the reactions. Well now I've learnt. Might not even have a bike soon so dont worry :)

Thats what I was thinking. She was jay-walking AND not injured. That why I acted like that in that moment. And Im still convinced she did not carry anything other than a scare from that incident. If not pls contact me.
And: Yes TurboR1 I could have seen all those warning signs and anticipated pedestrians. In all honesty it just had not occurred to a beginner like me, that pedestrians could pop out in between cars like that.

Oh for fucks sake, no wonder you all bin your shit.

From the Left,
One Way signs - You already have an idea where traffic is coming from.
Lady stepping out between cars
Car next to lady has wheels turned out - could be about to pull out.
Can just see bicycle wheel in front of car - can get in your way quicker than pedestrians
Pedestrian crossings x 2
Traffic Lights ahead are green - BUT
Traffic is stopping.
Traffic backing through intersection - expect a lane change.
Bus changing lanes way up ahead
bus could pull out from right
lady waiting to cross
another lady waiting to cross
man waiting to cross
trolley with man could be poorly strapped and can come undone 1/2 across giving you more to dodge.

TurboR1
04-06-2013, 07:33 PM
Actually... forget everything I said...

after watching this... please never ride, drive, walk, crawl or so much as pucker your upper lip in the hope of making forward motion. The human race won't be able to handle it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPh-4p8JGr0

captainpaul
04-06-2013, 07:33 PM
Is it just my eyes deceiving me? But in the OP's vid where he blasted around the right hand turn lane on the rev limiter only to then illegally go straight, it looks like the bike is missing its left hand side mid fairing.
Seems that bike has seen quiet a bit of the bitumen in its short life.

Kristy
04-06-2013, 07:34 PM
Here's a hazard perception/risk analysis question: do you change wheel track to enhance visibility for you and other vehicles? Example - you are approaching an intersection that has two lanes either way, there is no slip lane to turn right so there is traffic banked back waiting for the chance to turn right. You are going straight but your line of sight of the intersection is blocked by the cars that were travelling in the same direction as you, but are now wishing to turn right. You cannot see past these cars to see if you can enter the intersection safely to continue straight. Do you slow down and change to the left wheel track of the left lane to allow yourself (and vehicles turning right from the other direction across your path) both earlier, and greater vision, and do you also slow to the point that you could stop in the intersection, or at the least, ensure that there's no serious damage to vehicles/bodies if someone turned across your path?

The cars turning right from the other direction will not look up the road to see if anyone's coming, they will look AT the intersection and say to themselves, no one's come through for a few seconds, the stream of traffic must have stopped, and they will start inching out and get to the point of no return and floor it. If you blindly travel through this intersection at the speed limit thinking I'll deal with it when/if anything happens, you're doing it wrong.

Do you cover your rear brake while splitting?

Johnno
04-06-2013, 07:35 PM
You could almost just put all your YouTube videos together and watch them with the title 'Shit I will never do on a bike again' and it will be a good start towards improving your riding.

Speed Dealer
04-06-2013, 07:35 PM
Thats what I was thinking. She was jay-walking AND not injured. That why I acted like that in that moment. And Im still convinced she did not carry anything other than a scare from that incident. If not pls contact me.And: Yes TurboR1 I could have seen all those warning signs and anticipated pedestrians. In all honesty it just had not occurred to a beginner like me, that pedestrians could pop out in between cars like that.

Why are you quoting something I never said? I never said it was her fault.

zero
04-06-2013, 07:37 PM
I'm sorry you binned your bike into a pedestrian pole, but I've NEVER seen anyone attempt to take a roundabout in a straight line. They're mini chicane's and should be treated as such.

What's wrong with straight-lining roundabouts or chicanes provided you don't hit the curb, and the curbs are lower than your pegs?

Mario64
04-06-2013, 07:37 PM
Wheeling, swerving in and out of traffic, 80+kph splitting, accelerating stupidly quickly. I see it happen so damn often with bikes (less so with wheeling).
It a bloody stupid thing to do, but even I will admit I've done stupid things while riding and generally on the severity I think "Fuck I looked like a tool just then, don't do it again."

Thats exactly the point Im trying to make. I always knew I was doing stupid stuff, but it appears somewhat 'normal' in comparison to other riders. The reaction here really surprised me.

Dragunov-21
04-06-2013, 07:38 PM
Thats what I was thinking. She was jay-walking AND not injured. That why I acted like that in that moment. And Im still convinced she did not carry anything other than a scare from that incident. If not pls contact me.

And you were wrong.

She was crossing the road through two lanes of stationary vehicles. Irrespective of the law (which unless she was within 100m of a pedestrian-controlled intersection is a non-issue) she was crossing at a point where any person would reasonably expect to safely cross.

You fucked with the way things should have been, so it's up to you to take precautions to ensure no-one gets hurt or their shit busted up. Same goes if you're speeding.

Eugene
04-06-2013, 07:41 PM
Thats exactly the point Im trying to make. I always knew I was doing stupid stuff, but it appears somewhat 'normal' in comparison to other riders. The reaction here really surprised me.

Best thing to is make your youtube profile private for at least a few weeks... Or delete videos.

It's psb mate, if you make the slightest mistake people will pick on that and 400 other things.
And I think it didn't help that you stated how long you've been riding with the amount of close calls, and now the accident you've had.

I do hope you're ok from the incident though.

Dragunov-21
04-06-2013, 07:41 PM
What's wrong with straight-lining roundabouts or chicanes provided you don't hit the curb, and the curbs are lower than your pegs?

It's boring?

That's probably because people doing normal safe boring stuff doesn't catch your eye the way someone pulling some stupid bullshit does. You'll notice every crazy maneouvre and possibly won't even notice the safer riding.

Tried to quote Eugene and borked it.

kale
04-06-2013, 07:42 PM
If the car had of taken off quicker you would have had the door slammed shut , ouchies

In any case, those vids where I am (after a good think) genuinely not proud of, I took them down.

Don't know if you are yet to get to the one Shan. Serious question, do you think what you did in that one was ok? Skipping traffic via a turning lane then racing to make the gap as you try and get back on your course...

Mario64
04-06-2013, 07:45 PM
What's wrong with straight-lining roundabouts

Yes that was my intention. I just pushed it too hard and posted the vid for other beginners to see that you should not straight line it THAT close to the curb.

after watching this... please never ride, drive, walk, crawl or so much as pucker your upper lip in the hope of making forward motion. The human race won't be able to handle it.

no roadcraft and no idea.

Yea I think you guys are right. I might just stop riding...

I don't mean to be rude or disrespectful to the OP. At any point did you take lessons from a professional riding instructor?

Yes I actually had several lessons. More than on many of the PSB threads people said they took. I think around 15 hours with a professional instructor plus several hours supervised with my mate.

I failed the practical assessment twice. Maybe its just not for me. I have had this doubt in my head ever since but ignored it till now..

Stephan
04-06-2013, 07:45 PM
Mario64 since your name and editing of your vids suggests, it is becoming apparent that you're a bit of a gamer. It might come as a surprise to you, but in real life, you've got one chance, not an unlimited amount. The way you are going and behaving on the road, I think you'll be running out of yours very soon.

I have only once given a rider the advice to stop riding and he was miles ahead of you in ability...so please stop riding!

Kawasaki cat
04-06-2013, 07:46 PM
Agreed. Thats why I removed it. Nothing to be proud about. You might be happy to hear that, since I received so much negative feedback on that particular vid from randoms on youtube I re-thought my driving and had stopped doing it for a while now (believe it or not).

Good choice,I witnessed a very near miss last year when during peak hour a guy riding decided to use the emergency lane on kwinana freeway but little did he know just around the bend there was a car broken down in it......he stopped in time but I imagine he would have shat himself.

sometimes you just need people to knock some sense into you so you can learn :)

darkfibre
04-06-2013, 07:46 PM

If it was the only video, the reaction would have been sympathetic. Noob error.

Some of those vids are scary, not because of what you are doing, but how you are doing it.

Start splitting slow for a while, learn what jumps out (slow down when there are gaps a car can fit into etc), then work your way up.

There is a difference between shenanigans and pulling out on a car without looking.

Rennis
04-06-2013, 07:47 PM
Could be a prize at the end of the tunnel for the vids

Clown shoes candidate 2013 perhaps ??

TurboR1
04-06-2013, 07:47 PM
The reaction here really surprised me.

Acting like a tit, and drawing really unnecessary attention to yourself and adding to the perception to our ill education motoring public that all motorcyclists are a bunch of dangerous retards? For that you do deserve everything you have coming to you. Anyone of those cars you're rolling the dice with could also have a camera on board... guess which one will work better in court when you end up there.

Yes we do wheelies, stoppies, ride fast, but not form day dot... these are skills you work up to and part of that learning is choosing the right time and place.

For a start... just try and and not fall off.

Sprint
04-06-2013, 07:48 PM
Thread summary:

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/03/44/d2/54/piranha-feeding-time.jpg

And feeding time has been extended:

There are currently 51 users browsing this thread.

S.

keys
04-06-2013, 07:48 PM
Just buy a car , Watching that video you cannot and should not ride a bike ever .

cianski
04-06-2013, 07:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=UNy6uZWNmlQ

1:24 you left your right indicator on and changed into two left lanes.

I think I may have seen you filtering the Mitchell before, crazy fast, like....too fast to avoid anything that 'could' happen, but it coulda been another red ninja 250, lots of them around. Anyway, do a track day, you will learn that you are not actually fast at all (I laughed at the vid of you dragging off some white tradey's ute at the lights...), but more importantly you will know how to tip your bike into corners at speed. Otherwise when you upgrade to a bike with real power, you will end up doing yourself mischief.

Mario64
04-06-2013, 07:49 PM

Sorry mate Eugene said that.

Blazon
04-06-2013, 07:52 PM
Best thing to is make your youtube profile private for at least a few weeks... Or delete videos.

It's psb mate, if you make the slightest mistake people will pick on that and 400 other things.
And I think it didn't help that you stated how long you've been riding with the amount of close calls, and now the accident you've had.

I do hope you're ok from the incident though.

Absolute bullshit. Its not a PSB thing at all and they weren't slight mistakes....3.5 years I've been riding and I've never seen anything as bad as this. Don't encourage him by saying its normal.....coz it just isn't......NO WAY.

TurboR1
04-06-2013, 07:53 PM
Clown shoes candidate 2013 perhaps ??

More like a memorial thread.

Sookie
04-06-2013, 07:53 PM

Eugene this may have been a typical reaction but as you note in the first page most people are implying, bad luck maybe get some lessons learn up...

I agree posting was a silly idea but not until I seen the Grandma getting hit..what if it was your <insert loved ones name>?

If it was just that video and the crash one...again it could be forgiven...but the stupid shit he was doing really was not good...

For instance, that set of lights where he splits in the right turning lane and takes to the front as quick as he could...

Let's just say a child started crossing the road in front of the cars going straight...who crossed on a flashing red man...and didn't think about how much 'time they had left because the cars were stopped still'...

ETC.

No sympathy.

Eugene
04-06-2013, 07:55 PM
Absolute bullshit. Its not a PSB thing at all and they weren't slight mistakes....3.5 years I've been riding and I've never seen anything as bad as this. Don't encourage him by saying its normal.....coz it just isn't......NO WAY.

No it is.
Check threads, there is shit like this on here where people fucked up in the most silly ways.

Mario64
04-06-2013, 07:56 PM
Mario64 I have only once given a rider the advice to stop riding and he was miles ahead of you in ability...so please stop riding!

As at now that is the plan.

I am sure many of you guys will be very glad to hear that. Who knows, maybe this thread saved my life... Another good thing from posting the vids..

pottz
04-06-2013, 07:57 PM
firstly, thanks for the laughs, I havnt seen a youtube channell that funny for ages, subscribed to it.

Secondly as mentioned keep safe. Maby just calm down a little, back off a bit and don't be in such a rush everywhere. As you must have learnt now shit can go bad real fast and you have been lucky. Get some track time in, you learn a lot from it and it slows a lot of people down on the road not to mention the fun you'll have there as you do seem to enjoy riding, Hell If you book in a day that I can coach I'll even help you out with things.

Don't give up just because guys on a forum say so but please do be a little more careful for your own and other peoples sake.

out_in_front
04-06-2013, 07:58 PM
I know I have done some stupid and silly things in the past, but this is a different league.

OP - Watch some video's of some crashes, proper ones where people get fucked up - that is going to be you if you continue down this road. some of them will be below 50km/hr too.

Then go straight to RAC and book the course, also watch 'A twist of the wrist' too.
Then, If you want to go fast - get to the track, it's cheaper than speeding fines, license loss or injury. You will get trained, and you will find out exactly how shit a rider you are at the moment and hopefully how much you need to learn. Hopefully that will inspire you to get better.

Dragunov-21
04-06-2013, 07:59 PM
No it is.
Check threads, there is shit like this on here where people fucked up in the most silly ways.

What's does the collective total of 27,000 people's mistakes do to justify the normalcy of one person's mistakes over half a year?

Yes some people do very stupid stuff. That doesn't apply to everyone and any one person isn't doing it as often as demonstrated here.

It's the consistency and attitude that's so alarming.

On the rare occasions where someone is noticed to be doing dangerous shit consistently they're generally pulled into line or torn a new one, depending on their attitude.

Eugene
04-06-2013, 07:59 PM
Eugene this may have been a typical reaction but as you note in the first page most people are implying, bad luck maybe get some lessons learn up...

I agree posting was a silly idea but not until I seen the Grandma getting hit..what if it was your <insert loved ones name>?

If it was just that video and the crash one...again it could be forgiven...but the stupid shit he was doing really was not good...

For instance, that set of lights where he splits in the right turning lane and takes to the front as quick as he could...

Let's just say a child started crossing the road in front of the cars going straight...who crossed on a flashing red man...and didn't think about how much 'time they had left because the cars were stopped still'...

ETC.

No sympathy.

Due care should be given from both parties yes, (on granny vid), but he was splitting when all traffic was at a stand still, didn't look like he was going too fast, granny looked at ground while crossing not checking for cyclists or motorcycles that could split, and it was a green light for him to go straight ahead. People don't get green pedestrian man while traffic light is green to go.

Blazon
04-06-2013, 08:02 PM
No it is.

Nope...its isn't!,
know what you're saying.....but Like I said I've never seen anything as bad as this.

check his vids (I mean all of them ) and then say how its an over reaction.

TurboR1
No it is.

Yep we can tally them up;

Byte
Sookie
Browncow
Resist
Spike
Sookie

Plus a few more.

All stand out as doing some truly stupendous efforts on 2 wheels. All deserved the flak that they had coming... this one does indeed trump them all.

Two of them still ride... this is a good thing, for all concerned.

Eugene
What's does the collective total of 27,000 people's mistakes do to justify the normalcy of one person's mistakes over half a year?

Yes some people do very stupid stuff. That doesn't apply to everyone and any one person isn't doing it as often as demonstrated here.

On the rare occasions where someone is noticed to be doing dangerous shit consistently they're generally pulled into line or torn a new one, depending on their attitude.

I know this. But I am saying there's no reason for people to be this rude to Mario, Even if he has made so many mistakes.

Tell him constructively to get more lessons, better road craft, not just to say he's useless and can't ride. Only if he fails after additional training and continually stuffs up, then he should probably stop.

zero
04-06-2013, 08:03 PM
Yes that was my intention. I just pushed it too hard and posted the vid for other beginners to see that you should not straight line it THAT close to the curb.

You did not push it too hard and you didn't get too close to the curb. You hit it at low speed.

If it's a passion, fix your bike and get better at it. Learn - Maybe even before you ride on your own again.

Just buy a car , Watching that video you cannot and should not ride a bike ever .

No. We don't need more car drivers that can't drive.

When your driving improves from your M/C roadcraft, you are getting it.

Sookie
04-06-2013, 08:04 PM
Due care should be given from both parties yes, (on granny vid), but he was splitting when all traffic was at a stand still, didn't look like he was going too fast, granny looked at ground while crossing not checking for cyclists or motorcycles that could split, and it was a green light for him to go straight ahead. People don't get green pedestrian man while traffic light is green to go.
Agreed mate, until I see he actually 'seen' her... gave a little rev then WOT away from here...when he could of simply slowed down or performed an Estop (which may cause him to bin it into her but hey)..

red light, stopped traffic across an intersection..it should of been fairly obvious.

IIRC I posted up about dumb pedestrians 30 days into my license crossing stopped traffic 100+m away from a controlled intersection but I should have 'realised' due to the bus stop... I got torn up on here and learn from it...

As stated, the slip lane turning is just stupid...

And if you managed to see the ute video...I guarantee you he got lucky...as a generalisation, tradies are the worst for not giving a fuck if they plow into you in the 'work car'...

shan
04-06-2013, 08:04 PM
Dude slow down and get some track time in, learn road craft, read more , like here , its serious shit. this is the lucky few that lived . So so many do not sadly. http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/f29/dwtk-psb-team-titanium-yukky-pics-inside-33717/

Dragunov-21
04-06-2013, 08:09 PM
I know this. But I am saying there's no reason for people to be this rude to Mario, Even if he has made so many mistakes.

Tell him constructively to get more lessons, better road craft, not just to say he's useless and can't ride. Only if he fails after additional training and continually stuffs up, then he should probably stop.

You really need to look back and see what people have said; most people haven't told him he's useless and most of the aggressiveness has been wrapping constructive advice.

Better that he be shocked out of his obliviousness now than be talked nicely to and ignore a single piece of advice here.

Stephan
04-06-2013, 08:10 PM
Yes, he had a green light Eugene, but it says in the RTA somewhere, that you shall not enter an intersection, if you can't cross. Consideration to other road users, there is a concept. An old grandma won't expect a bike splitting at all, let alone at the speed he was going.

vroonvroon
04-06-2013, 08:13 PM
I have watched a few of your vids and my reaction went from "lol" to holy shit this guy is an idiot. Your main problem is that you seem to be riding in your own little world lala land (Yes I named the world you ride in). You have no conception of what is happening around you, you have posted a series of videos that can all be summarized as the greatest collection of bad habits and poor decision making I have ever seen from any single rider. I am not shit stirring I am being completely serious. Your lack of judgement and common sense is bewildering (Forget about skill you seriously need to work on these first). If you like riding that is cool but honestly you need an instructor to beat into you what is important on the road and how to behave.

Eugene
04-06-2013, 08:15 PM
Yes, he had a green light Eugene, but it says in the RTA somewhere, that you shall not enter an intersection, if you can't cross. Consideration to other road users, there is a concept. An old grandma won't expect a bike splitting at all, let alone at the speed he was going.

If I can see the clause of this, I will change my opinion. (I may look into it). Yet I've seen police stop in the middle of intersections in peak hour.
And do those rules include motorcycles splitting? (which is a grey area in WA road rules regarding splitting traffic)

marras
04-06-2013, 08:16 PM

The guy is 23 years old, how old does he need to be before he starts to think for himself?

Kristy
04-06-2013, 08:18 PM
If the OP took this on board and rode like a law abiding citizen (purely for his own safety) and didn't do group rides, I would be ok with this fact. I think he got carried away with the idea that this is what all sportsbike riders do and felt justified in doing it, plus being armed with a go pro, did some stupid stuff. But let's be honest, not everybody has got the temperament and skills/ability to ride a bike. Maybe the OP doesn't have it, but maybe he can temper his racer boy/spare no risks attitude and channel it into sensible riding until he determines if he has it or not? If he wants to continue riding like a clusterfuck waiting to happen, then nope, get off bikes now. Regardless of what decision is made by the OP, we all well know that cars are one of our greatest threats, so please also evaluate your attitude to driving and your skill set as well.

You didn't cut too close to the curb, you failed to negotiate a fairly decent obstacle that was not unexpected... and even if it was unexpected, you didn't have enough in reserve to deal with it.

Dragunov-21
04-06-2013, 08:19 PM
If I can see the clause of this, I will change my opinion. (I may look into it). Yet I've seen police stop in the middle of intersections in peak hour.
And do those rules include motorcycles splitting? (which is a grey area in WA road rules regarding splitting traffic)

You're missing the point. It is not realistic to expect that the majority of people account for the specific actions of a very small number of road users on a day to day basis.

If you do, shit like this will happen and it might only be partly your fault under law, but as far as I'm concerned it's all your fault for being an entitled dumbass.

Mario64
04-06-2013, 08:21 PM

Thank you.

While I agree I could have been more alert and anticipated this situation, I dont think that vid is as wrong as its made out to be here.

Sookie
04-06-2013, 08:25 PM
While I agree I could have been more alert and anticipated this situation, I dont think that vid is as wrong as its made out to be here.

You will learn in time. Like I learn about Hyundai's and give way signs... Give it at least 12 months and revisit this thread...you will reflect in a completely different way.

zero
04-06-2013, 08:27 PM
It doesn't matter 2 beans whether it was her fault or who was right or wrong FFS.

How would you feel if she were killed. Geddit?

Edit: How would others feel?

Mario64
Agreed mate, until I see he actually 'seen' her... gave a little rev then WOT away from here...when he could of simply slowed down or performed an Estop (which may cause him to bin it into her but hey)..

Im sorry but thats wrong.

I did not give a 'little rev' because I'd seen her. Matter of fact I had NOT seen her until very few metres before I had contact with her and I had no time to react. I did not speed up on purpose and I was splitting at 15 (!!!!!!!!) km/h. Thats far from what I see on a daily basis. Play it fullscreen and in HD if you dont believe me.

As said before. There were warning signs a pro would have picked up on. I did not. I have admitted that everywhere.

But the matter of fact is it was green for the cars and red for the pedestrians.

Kristy
Riding is not a passive activity, it requires every ounce of concentration you have because you have to think for other people, therefore you can't be happy go lucky on a bike and figure you'll deal with it if, or rather when it happens. Riding keeps you mentally alert - I know because I haven't been able to ride in 7 months (and indeed over the last 12 months for the most part) and I can seriously feel my brain slowing. I would honestly say on the road most of my attention is spent assessing risk from outside sources and minimising/negating it, not going out of my way to subject myself to it.

marras
04-06-2013, 08:28 PM
You will learn in time. Like I learn about Hyundai's and give way signs... Give it at least 12 months and revisit this thread...you will reflect in a completely different way.
But you still haven't learnt.

Mario64
04-06-2013, 08:30 PM
It doesn't matter 2 beans whether it was her fault or who was right or wrong FFS.

Absolutely correct. Thats why I posted the vid. So other beginners learn to look out for such a situation.
I had absolutely not considered pedestrians jay-walking while lane splitting until this happened to me. Thats why I want to warn other oblivious beginners. Now, I always watch through the gaps to see whether there are pedestrians crossing.

Before I would just keep a too close eye on the doors and that none of them opened suddenly (as many beginners would do).

Graelin
I for one would prefer you to stay riding. I would hate to share the road with you driving a car with the same attitude you have displayed in your videos. The videos are great for use by those wishing to crack down on riders that is all, not new rider errors.

If you continue please do not take that gopro with you I think you may well be riding (playing up) to the camera not the traffic conditions and this is a distraction.

Yes we have all done things that have pushed boundaries but you have taken this to a new level, this is pure reckless riding. You ride with no concept of other road users. You make plenty of errors and assume no one else will. Until you are able to manage your attitude any training of skills and knowledge will be a waste of yours and the instructors time.

Sookie
But you still haven't learnt.

Sorry what?

thackleberry
04-06-2013, 08:31 PM
Jeeze I felt sorry for you mate, but I joined the train and watched some of the other videos. I'm shocked, like utterly. No headchecks, reckless bizzare behavior, and a complete disregard for your own life. Overtaking/splitting in the turning lane in Vic Park? Riding down fucking cycle lanes to over take cars? When you saw the ute coming, you kept going into his path for some reason?! Hit a pedestrian when splitting but thinking it's ok cause she is jaywalking? Agree with others you should either hang up your gloves, or get a good bunch of supervised lessons with a good instructor - and don't do any damn splitting or speeding or hell even overtaking for quite some time.

- - - Updated - - -

Jeeze I felt sorry for you mate, but I joined the train and watched some of the other videos. I'm shocked, like utterly. No headchecks, reckless bizzare behavior, and a complete disregard for your own life. Overtaking/splitting in the turning lane in Vic Park? Riding down fucking cycle lanes to over take cars? When you saw the ute coming, you kept going into his path for some reason?! Hit a pedestrian when splitting but thinking it's ok cause she is jaywalking? Agree with others you should either hang up your gloves, or get a good bunch of supervised lessons with a good instructor - and don't do any damn splitting or speeding or hell even overtaking for quite some time.

Stephan
04-06-2013, 08:31 PM
Thank you.

Im sorry but thats wrong.

I did not give a 'little rev' because I'd seen her. Matter of fact I had NOT seen her until very few metres before I had contact with her and I had no time to react. I did not speed up on purpose and I was splitting at 15 (!!!!!!!!) km/h. Thats far from what I see on a daily basis. Play it fullscreen and in HD if you dont believe me.

As said before. There were warning signs a pro would have picked up on. I did not. I have admitted that everywhere.

But the matter of fact is it was green for the cars and red for the pedestrians.
What it comes down to is, you do not know if you hurt another person. She might well have fallen back on her hip, broke it and is now in hospital...

Dragunov-21
04-06-2013, 08:34 PM

That is not the important thing, it is not a justification and if you can't understand why after a little thought then I have to echo the "hang up the helmet" sentiment.

You were splitting, a behaviour not expected by the general public, placing the onus upon you to adequately manage any and all foreseeable risks.

Ever heard the phrase "No good being in the right if you're in an ambulance"? it's not trite.

Bendito
04-06-2013, 08:34 PM
If nothing else, you absolutely need to go get that bike checked out properly.
Forget insurance, I'd be surprised if that thing ever steered straight again after a hit like that.

Rich...
04-06-2013, 08:35 PM
Sorry what?

He's seen you ride...

We are running a book on when you are hoon lawed...

westy74
04-06-2013, 08:39 PM
I have watched a few of your vids and my reaction went from "lol" to holy shit this guy is an idiot. Your main problem is that you seem to be riding in your own little world lala land (Yes I named the world you ride in). You have no conception of what is happening around you, you have posted a series of videos that can all be summarized as the greatest collection of bad habits and poor decision making I have ever seen from any single rider. I am not shit stirring I am being completely serious. Your lack of judgement and common is bewildering (Forget about skill you seriously need to work on these first). If you like riding that is cool but honestly you need an instructor to beat into you what is important on the road and how to behave.

I watched all of the videos posted on youtube and I Have to agree with your comments, the guy is an absolute disaster and a Fatal just waiting to happen.. Get some lessons dude and maybe some advanced rider training before you kill your self or others..

Archie
04-06-2013, 08:39 PM
If you ever get back on a bike, leave the GoPro at home. You might actually discover you know how to ride a bike properly without being a complete twat every five seconds in the hopes of snapping some sweet YouTube material.

From everything I've witnessed on the road; inexperienced riders + action cams = pending statistics.

Mario64
04-06-2013, 08:41 PM
Ever heard the phrase "No good being in the right if you're in an ambulance"? it's not trite.

What it comes down to is, you do not know if you hurt another person. She might well have fallen back on her hip, broke it and is now in hospital...

I am confident she was fine. I would have stopped had I the slightest doubt about that. I was in that situation. Her two hands pushed me away from her and there was a distance between the bike and her body and/or feet. That was all the contact we had.

Dont get me wrong though. Its not like I am rejecting any fault. I have said even in the video description: there were many warning signs and I should have anticipated it.

I dont accept the accusation of being a criminal, intentionally injuring somebody, leaving them to die or even being reckless. I was splitting at stationary (!) traffic (which many riders dont) and doing 15km/h. I did not speed up on purpose.

Eugene
04-06-2013, 08:42 PM
Edit: Nevermind.

Mario64
04-06-2013, 08:43 PM
If you ever get back on a bike, leave the GoPro at home. You might actually discover you know how to ride a bike properly without being a complete twat every five seconds in the hopes of snapping some sweet YouTube material.

From everything I've witnessed on the road; inexperienced riders + action cams = pending statistics.

I agree. I think that is actually one of the main reasons. I find the camera is a huge temptation to do spectacular and spectacularly stupid things...

Dragunov-21
04-06-2013, 08:44 PM
Dont get me wrong though. Its not like I am rejecting any fault.

That isn't how it comes across when you say things like

To me that says "she shouldn't have been walking".

agrid
04-06-2013, 08:50 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOKWpHbQ4CU

hahahaha, what a dickhead.

Eugene
04-06-2013, 08:51 PM
111. No entry to choked intersection
(1) A driver shall not enter upon, or attempt to cross, an
intersection, whether or not it is controlled by a traffic-control
signal, if the intersection or the carriageway beyond it is
blocked.
Modified penalty: 2 PU
Examples
The intersection, or a carriageway beyond the intersection, may be blocked
by congested traffic, a disabled vehicle, a collision between vehicles or
between a vehicle and a pedestrian, or by a fallen load on the carriageway.
(2) The provisions of subregulation (1) apply —
(a) despite the instruction of a traffic-control signal to
proceed; and
(b) in addition to the provisions of regulations 61(3), 62(4)
and 145(2).
[Regulation 111 amended in Gazette 22 Dec 2006 p. 5820.]

Stopping on or near marked foot crossing (except at
intersection)
(1) A driver shall not stop on a marked foot crossing that is not at
an intersection, or on the carriageway within 10 m before the
traffic-control signal pole nearest to the driver at the marked
foot crossing and 3 m after the marked foot crossing, unless the
person stops the vehicle at a place on a length of carriageway, or
in an area, to which a parking control sign applies and the
person is permitted to stop at that place under these regulations.
Modified penalty: 1 PU
(2) A driver shall not enter upon, or attempt to cross, a marked foot
crossing if the carriageway beyond it is blocked.
Modified penalty: 1 PU
Examples
The carriageway beyond the crossing may be blocked by congested traffic, a
disabled vehicle, a collision between vehicles or between a vehicle and a
pedestrian, or by a fallen load on the carriageway.
(3) For this regulation, distances are measured in the direction in
which the person is or was driving, and as shown in the
example.
Example
Measurement of distance — marked foot crossing
***Check website for photo***

But by the looks of things, everyone in that video would have been at fault,
Mario not stopping or taking care when approaching a green light for his flow of traffic, cars stopping on foot crossing and blocking traffic, including granny, j-walking when she did not have the right to walk.

Dragunov-21
04-06-2013, 08:55 PM
Cool, so what's your point?

Bendito
04-06-2013, 08:57 PM
I am confident she was fine. I would have stopped had I the slightest doubt about that. I was in that situation. Her two hands pushed me away from her and there was a distance between the bike and her body and/or feet. That was all the contact we had.

You didn't even know she was there...
You have two fingers on the brake, because you read that it's a good idea I guess, and your brake/throttle hand doesn't even twitch...

But you assessed the situation well enough to be 100% confident she was fine?

agrid
04-06-2013, 08:57 PM

Who taught you to ride? A friend or a professional?

sumo
04-06-2013, 08:58 PM

Dont get me wrong though. Its not like I am rejecting any fault. I have said even in the video description: there were many warning signs and I should have anticipated it.

I dont accept the accusation of being a criminal, intentionally injuring somebody, leaving them to die or even being reckless. I was splitting at stationary (!) traffic (which many riders dont) and doing 15km/h. I did not speed up on purpose.

i seriously think it's best for you to stop defending or trying to justify any aspects of what others are pointing out as bad riding / road craft and just listen to everything everyone is telling you, and absorb what will inevitably save your skin. a lot of those who are giving advice are seasoned riders with many years of riding experience. some probably as much as your age. i suggest if you want to reach that same age, you just step back, listen and learn. cut the excuses or reasons - there are none for what i've seen of your riding attitude and ability.

Sookie
04-06-2013, 08:58 PM

Eugene
04-06-2013, 09:04 PM
Cool, so what's your point?

Read. Don't just blame Mario.

Mario64
04-06-2013, 09:07 PM
Who taught you to ride? A friend or a professional?

15 hours of professional instruction plus several (~10hrs) supervised.

Looks like Im just a born bad driver..

- - - Updated - - -

i seriously think it's best for you to stop defending or trying to justify any aspects of what others are pointing out as bad riding / road craft and just listen to everything everyone is telling you, and absorb what will inevitably save your skin. a lot of those who are giving advice are seasoned riders with many years of riding experience. some probably as much as your age. i suggest if you want to reach that same age, you just step back, listen and learn. cut the excuses or reasons - there are none for what i've seen of your riding attitude and ability.

Trust me, Ive taken a lot in from this thread and will be re-reading and thinking about it the next few days. And I have agreed with most of it. But not all.

agrid
04-06-2013, 09:08 PM
I agree. I think that is actually one of the main reasons. I find the camera is a huge temptation to do spectacular and spectacularly stupid things...

Hang on... maybe there is hope for you.

While I think of it, you're not that idiot that used to go flying past me along Charles St North Perth into the city about 8 months ago? I haven't seen him for a while and figured he had been killed.

Dragunov-21
04-06-2013, 09:09 PM
Read. Don't just blame Mario.

I'm not a public prosecutor, dude. I don't blame people for breaking the law, I blame them for having unrealistic expectations of other road users/pedestrians that will get them and said road users/pedestrians injured if he doesn't adjust them.

Doing something stupid is not made to look better just because someone else involved did something that was illegal but completely foreseeable and commonly-accepted.

Well, I'm out.

G'luck Mario, whatever you choose to do.

Aufitt
04-06-2013, 09:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLd6cz7-Jgw
Posting dumb shit wont educate anyone.

Give up riding immediately and report yourself to the police station for that hit and run on the old lady,
that's someones Mother, Gran, Auntie or loved one.

I hope you bike is rooted.

Mario64
04-06-2013, 09:17 PM
Hang on... maybe there is hope for you.

While I think of it, you're not that idiot that used to go flying past me along Charles St North Perth into the city about 8 months ago? I haven't seen him for a while and figured he had been killed.

Nah I dont ride in that area plus, 8 months ago I would not have had my license.

mekon
04-06-2013, 09:18 PM
Wow, vids need more Benny Hill music or Mr. Bean voice overs. Dude. Take this moment to collect your thoughts, sit and reflect on what could have happened. Just blind luck has kept you alive up to now. Please get some better lessons or advice on riding. Take it fucking easy. Just think it through, cut out the dick moves on the road, it makes it harder for the rest of us. No wonder people try to cut of people splitting/filtering when some douche bag screams down the filter lane to cut cars off in the right hand lane.

When traffic is stopped like that near an intersection think! It's like the bend on riverside towards the lights near the old east perth police building, you expect some fucking numpty to step out from stationary cars, thus you don't split faster than you could possible stop when Joe ipod wearing oblivious mother fucker steps out from behind a large stopped bus.

harpo
04-06-2013, 09:19 PM
I'm not having a shot at you here, but are you able to explain why? (beyond that other people have mentioned it)

It doesn't need anything admirable to tell everybody you fucked up or post a video; it can be anything from being thick-skinned and wanting advice to wanting to give people a laugh to being a complete attention-whore.

Fair call. I suppose I was looking for something vaguely positive to say. Upon further reflection (and considering the common theme running through the OP's other youtube vids), I can't see anything remotely praise-worthy. Not being a mind reader, I can't say with any certainty why he's advertising his recklessness and lack of roadcraft, but can't help wondering if he thinks it's just funny shit and wants some attention...any kind of attention :hurr::hurr:

saj
04-06-2013, 09:20 PM
I'm not saying to quit riding altogether, just re-evaluate what your doing and the position that you're putting yourself and others into. I don't know at what point getting professional lessons and shadows from experienced riders causes you to totally change riding style but the fact is the riding displayed is not conductive to you staying alive.

Having yet to undertake a roadcraft and RAC course I'd definately recommend a roadcraft course. I think you just might need to settle down and stop living in the moment and just consider what you're doing. I enjoy riding too much to ever tell someone to give it up. It's a joy and a hell of a lot of fun, but you just need to do it in a responsible way.

Aufitt
04-06-2013, 09:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPh-4p8JGr0

This one almost raised a chortle.

Nudge
04-06-2013, 09:22 PM
Congrats Mario64 you just melted the internet. Please cash your bike in from the insurance. Use the money to buy the cheapest dirt bike to go ride on or in the bush. Tell or go with some one. I am thinking .er185 or xl 175. Ride it, drop it crash it. All solo. Video it. Hurt yourself. Make sure that you do. (A fractured wrist will conducive to the learning)
Your guardian angel has been overworked of late and you are using up every other motorcyclists luck.
Remember after an accident Someone has to pick you up and someone is going to miss you. Parents don't raise kids to watch them be so reckless.so please think about others when you step onto a bike god only knows they are thinking about you.

Graelin
04-06-2013, 09:23 PM
As a professional trainer there is three things we need in any job.

Skills

Knowledge

Attitude

The hours completed with a professional instructor are completely wasted if the attitude is not addressed. In fact the only people I can not train are those who have closed minds. (Attitudes)

The first thing I can suggest to you is to look at your attitude to others and yourself. Once this is addressed then you may benefit from additional skills and knowledge.

I have asked other riders in the past with little experience to remove their Gopros before riding on learner styled rides with me as I can see them riding to them and they are another distraction.

At your stage, once the attitude is right the skills and knowledge will develop with experience and learning from others. I am still learning from other experienced riders on here who share their experience freely like Short Steve. Only you can make the change.

harpo
04-06-2013, 09:27 PM
...I clearly hear her hit your bike
Just like the curb and the pedestrian rail hit his bike...fuckers! :lol:

Sookie
04-06-2013, 09:30 PM
This one almost raised a chortle.

He also leaves his house unlocked :D

Bukefal
04-06-2013, 09:33 PM
As a professional trainer there is three things we need in any job.

Skills

Knowledge

Attitude

The hours completed with a professional instructor are completely wasted if the attitude is not addressed. In fact the only people I can not train are those who have closed minds. (Attitudes)...

best post on this thread.

filbert
04-06-2013, 09:35 PM
i used to have a mate who rode like Mario64

whenever i pointed out his errors and situations he had entered without assessing the hazards his defense was that he had seen other people do it

he was splitting at under 50km/h one day with plenty of room and i was not far behind him, i saw an opening in traffic up ahead and noted that his brake lights didn't come on and planned to point out his error when we stopped, i checked my mirrors and scanned for more hazards which is when the car turned across in front of him and he hit the b pillar head first and broke his neck and i almost ran into the back of his bike.

Aufitt
04-06-2013, 09:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rqt7vmngd4

'Published on Feb 8, 2013
This is why Im upgrading from my Ninja 250R to a bigger bike.'

ninjaa
04-06-2013, 09:38 PM
Pricing - Headstones, Gravestones & Grave Markers by Affordable Markers (http://www.affordable-markers.com/pricing.html#price)

Cosimo_Zaretti
04-06-2013, 09:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFytH7HkivE

I'm surprised no one has taken exception to this one yet, and it's the one giving me the most concern (of the one's I've watched so far anyway). The goPro is helmet mounted, so we can see where you're looking. There's a truck in the left lane, you move to pass it without checking the right hand lane. Even when you realise there's another truck, you still should have room to brake and stay in the left lane. Instead you angel lane your way between two trucks, for no reason at all.

This one's not even about whether you should ride, you can't be making any decisions in traffic until you start trying to build a picture of what's going on around you. You can't drive a car, ride a pushbike and you probably shouldn't cross the road unassisted until you learn to check what's coming.

sumo
04-06-2013, 09:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rqt7vmngd4

'Published on Feb 8, 2013
This is why Im upgrading from my Ninja 250R to a bigger bike.'

i've seen a green 250 on the track that puts many a 'big bike' to shame.... now who was that nutter?

Wedge
04-06-2013, 09:43 PM
I think this video is a perfect case study on target fixation. Please keep it public as I will want to reference it for other riders.

04-06-2013, 09:43 PM

As for your question: No. I learnt: Indicator Mirror and blindspot check. The mirror usually gives me a good idea whats behind.

im bored of this thread now....

BUT, no...

mirror, indicator, look, over.

don't fucking indicate before you know if anyone is there or not.

congrats Sookie, you're off the hook. welcome to PSB.

SIKYSA
04-06-2013, 09:49 PM
This thread is epic.

T-Rex
04-06-2013, 09:50 PM
In the spirit of this thread's original intent, to educate people via bad example - here is the glaringly obvious from each upload (that hasn't been covered yet)

Close.. - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5db_19Qku0) Wrong lane for a start

Dont even try... - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVTto7Yxb-U) calm yo tits!

Two Trucks scary - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFytH7HkivE) WTF was that :huh: There is a disturbing lack of head checks, mirror checks, spacial awareness and that truck slowing down could have been slowing down for an obstruction ahead - like a bus that they were letting in. If the vehicle you are following slows down for an unknown reason - excersise more caution than you already were... which should be impossible without slowing down yourself as your normal riding should reduce all posed risk to ALARP. You couldn't see through that truck either.

Tight Squeeze - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmomOVRxgRc) That truck could have been waiting for someone to finish crossing the road you wouldn't have known until you hit them. Stop and check before entering an intersection even when you have a green in that situation, if you've missed the light, pull in behind a car. Also that was faster than I would have gone along banked up cars. Also illegal + twatty riding

POLICE!!!!!!! - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMC3Tjxrkos) Yeah, this is illegal and the fact you didn't spot a cop car until it was way too late indicates you weren't paying attention.

Also, I wouldn't have a GoPro as my riding is fucking boring. No one would want to watch it. I have had 2 close calls in 5 years of commuting despite being at risk of getting hoon lol'd almost every time I ride (time and a place). From the displayed riding in the videos I can also assure you that my two close times would have had you under the wheels as you wouldn't have foreseen them in time and subsequently reacted quick enough.

drifter
04-06-2013, 10:01 PM
I started at page 1. wow.

Dude, nobody can force you to quit riding, but you do need to pull your head in before you are nothing but a skin crayon.
Slow the fuck down (especially in suburban streets) and start riding defensively.

04-06-2013, 10:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMC3Tjxrkos

sigh, I've said it before, if I see this, i'll break down and use the emergency lane.

Rich...
04-06-2013, 10:14 PM
This guy is truly a knob...

devolved
04-06-2013, 10:18 PM
:popcorn:

Have just watched all the vids - now looking forward to reading this thread.

Bluebandit
04-06-2013, 10:20 PM
To the OP, I have seen you on the Mitchell Fwy in the afternoons I'm sure. Every time you were splitting like a clown. I split, and at a reasonable pace, but do so concentrating like my life depends on it (which it does).

Every time I've seen you coming I've gotten we'll out the way, and now the Gopro footage has vindicated my actions. You won't be around long unless you change your ways.

Lose the camera for some time. You don't need it and its a distraction and a reason to make life 'exciting'.

Maybe follow some experienced riders when you come across them on the road, particularly the freeway. Don't overtake them. Maybe sit a safe distance behind them for a while and watch and learn.

Your biggest failing is hazard perception - you have zero ability in that department. Handling the bike will come in time, but you will never get time to learn the handling skills if you continue to fail at spotting hazards to both yourself and others. Get professional help - more lessons!!

Old frt
04-06-2013, 10:27 PM
Yawn, he's not the first on here seeking attention of any kind, won't be the last either.

This shit is best ignored.

G'night folks.

harpo
04-06-2013, 10:36 PM

So now you see the error of your ways? Fuck off Noddy, if it takes a flaming to change your attitude after this long- which I seriously doubt. Are you familiar with the term 'crocodile tears'? Google it.

While some of my vids are genuinely intended to be educational to beginners such as the dangers of pedestrians while lane splitting, the hilux vid and the freeway undertaking vid all of them are just plain dumb and not educational.
fixed

I knew my driving was bad, but to me it seemed in line with most sports-bike riders out there.
Fuckin' LOL. But Muuum, all the other kids were doing it! You really are clutching at straws now, sunshine. Yes, a lot of riders do dumb shit. I know I have in the past, and don't want to be a hypocrite, but do you seriously believe that gives you some kind of entitlement to follow suit?

andymac
04-06-2013, 10:38 PM
;

http://ephemeralnewyork.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/28thstreet2010.jpg

Add
- oil slick in lane approaching crossing
- shitloads of paint (crossing markings)
- trees overhanging; possible leaf litter on road
- if Perth, gale force crosswind as you enter junction

AZAZL
04-06-2013, 10:40 PM
I liked the staionery drop. Sidestands don't work in cooch grass on sand. Forget the haters and their pretent pig ways, if you survive, you'll have a fun time riding motorcycles.

If you die, who gives a fuck. You wont.

None of the things you have posted detracts from the fact that if you survive, nothing else matters.

as for the haters. Lolz. You are not really trying to be serious.

A haters example:

"if the car had ov take off quicker, the door would have been slammed shut. Ouchies."

What is this guy on about? If the door is about to slam shut, rattle the rev limiter and GTFO!

Is this forum now filled with not so fabulous fabulous peeps?

Manyak
04-06-2013, 10:54 PM
Can't help but feel OP is ignoring all advice and masturbating to his YouTube view counter..

Speed Dealer
04-06-2013, 11:01 PM
15 hours of professional instruction plus several (~10hrs) supervised.

Looks like Im just a born bad driver..

You seriously had 15 hours of professional instruction + 10hrs supervised and failed your test twice? I had never ridden a motorbike when I had my first lesson. 6 lessons later and I passed my test first time, then bought my a 250. I then passed my R test first time. In four years I've never even come close to having an accident or a near miss. No, that's not me being cocky saying I'm a great rider. I'm not a great rider. I just eased myself into riding at a level I was comfortable with and practiced what I had learnt...and continue to learn every time I ride. I also ride like every other person on the road is trying to kill me.

My best friend's first bike was a Panigale S. I thought it was suicidal, but he's turning into a great, responsible rider, because from day one he's respected the bike he's on. Ridden within his ability and spoken up when he's not comfortable with something. He's kept his ambitions in check with his skill level.

That's what you need to do.

I wouldn't define skill as having the ability to do something. I would define skill as having the ability to do something, but also handling it when shit goes wrong. You've proven you don't have the skill to handle things when shit goes wrong.

Kristy
04-06-2013, 11:15 PM
Like so many things in life - just because you can (fit down a bicycle lane, screw your workmate [ok that's debatable] etc.), doesn't mean you should...

milesiles
04-06-2013, 11:16 PM
I just bought a motorbike. I don't know how to ride it, but I've seen it on YouTube. How hard can it be...?

harpo
04-06-2013, 11:41 PM
What a load of horseshit. Regardless of whether the old lady was jay-walking or not, or what colour the friggin light was, a pedestrian doing something unsafe and/or unexpected doesn't absolve you (as any kind of motorist) of your responsibility to be fully aware of your surroundings and act accordingly. Ever.

Goofy
04-06-2013, 11:45 PM
This deserves being put up again Motorbike Crash at Roundabout - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXTBpSSNelA)

It's hilarious.

Speed Dealer
04-06-2013, 11:58 PM

AliastheJester
05-06-2013, 12:11 AM
Edit: now my comment has no context:mellow:

HeyBrew
05-06-2013, 12:16 AM
Glad to see the rider is alright and hopefully the bill is not too harsh

Speed Dealer
05-06-2013, 12:16 AM

harpo
05-06-2013, 12:33 AM
Thanks for editing that GIF out speedy :lol: I want to go to bed but I just couldn't stop looking at it.

thro
05-06-2013, 01:06 AM
Learn 2 counter steer

I see you just decided to try and straight line the whole thing and drive over the curbs when it turned out that there was turning required.

- - - Updated - - -

Wannabes who don't know how to ride, i think you mean....

edit:

looking at some of your other videos - do you even have your license? I seriously DO NOT believe that you have passed a motorcycle test with the total lack of road awareness and bike control demonstrated in your youtube videos.

I suggest getting some lessons before you injure yourself or somebody else.

shoom
05-06-2013, 01:14 AM
I bet your poopshoot was like . from the second the barrier flashed up infront of you until the moment you realised you were still alive and actually standing on your feet and looking back on your bike shitmixed on the ground and thought maybe you had re-enacted the scene in the movie dogs in space when Michael Hutchence steps into the dream sequence limousine no longer for this world. it's kind of like the moments when a family member puts you back in touch with reality but x 10.

Huggy
05-06-2013, 01:17 AM

Yeah, you're right, being only 23 is partially to blame for your actions.

A 23 year old really shouldn't be expected to be a responsible adult and operate dangerous equipment responsibly....

http://www.army.gov.au/Our-history/~/media/Images/Our%20History/AAHU/Australian%20Soldiers_WWII_719x357px.jpg

thro
05-06-2013, 01:24 AM

There is illegal, and there is (and take this on board) "fucking retarded".

Doing a wheelie at 180km/h down the freeway at 9pm in the evening is a LOT safer than some of the shit you've posted, given the rider has reasonable bike control and traffic is light.

You need to look for hazards, and anticipate them. You need to think. Riding a bike is mentally draining at times and if you can't handle it, you need to either ride shorter distances until you can get used to the effort required, or give it up.

NOT just do a head check to pass the test, and not just get tunnel vision down the line of cars when splitting. Actually WANT to find the hazards, and search for them, because you know that it will fuck you up.

You realise, if some car drives into you, no matter who has right of way, you're fucked, right? Not a skinned knee, not a few bruises like your low speed traffic bollard crash. Proper fucked.

In all of the videos of yours i have watched so far (overtaking on the turning lane at high speed directly next to stationary traffic, failing to yield on the roundabout, nearly hitting the old lady) you have shown a sheer lack of thought as to what could fuck you up. Your brain has not processed what could have happened. Either that, or you didn't care - in which case just go and jump off a bridge and save us the trouble.

In the accident, you demonstrated a clear lack of motorcycle control. That roundabout could have been negotiated at the speed you went through it either turning left or probably even turning right.

Now, I'm not just trying to be a cunt here, and I'm sure others aren't either no matter how harsh it sounds but dude....

You should not be on the road. Your attitude isn't right, your skills aren't there, and it is only a matter of time before someone in a car fucks your day up, quite likely by NOT even doing anything retarded, because you're raising the stakes just fine by yourself. And people in cars do retarded shit every damn day in Perth.

Please get some lessons, because I'm not sure just how you passed your test. I'm amazed you have made it 6,000km on the road so far.

harpo
05-06-2013, 01:41 AM
You realise, if some car drives into you, no matter who has right of way, you're fucked, right? Not a skinned knee, not a few bruises like your low speed traffic bollard crash. Proper fucked.
If you take only one idea from this thread to heart, let it be this one.

Hoddo
05-06-2013, 04:32 AM
Don't you dare give up riding and don't even think about getting rid of that video camera.
Get rid of that pesky bad handling 250 and move up to a THOU , shit loads more air time if you straight line a round about plus I look forward to seeing the next series of vids on a quicker bike.
I was actually in Coles the other day and saw a loaf of bread with your name on it, on closer inspection it said Thick Cut.

Dragunov-21
05-06-2013, 04:54 AM
I was actually in Coles the other day and saw a loaf of bread with your name on it, on closer inspection it said Thick Cut.

That made me laugh a lot harder than I feel it should have...

shan
05-06-2013, 06:12 AM
As has been pointed out , lack of head checks, your riding for your camera. It has given you many many bad habit's. Get rid of the go pro, or at least bike mount it so you remember to move your head, at intersections most of us have our heads moving around like a bobble head toy, lots of danger and we are on high alert, you my friend are thinking about you tube, I cannot emphasise enough how scary this shit is.

chibi
05-06-2013, 06:23 AM
Prime candidate for the 2013 Clown Shoes if he makes it to next year

Ferris
05-06-2013, 06:32 AM
Judging by the sheer amount of pages, I guess OP is being slammed. I just watched a couple of your vids. No need for me to jump on the bandwagon.

In a nutshell, your attitude to riding is all wrong. You have really poor roadcraft. Go back to bike school. Get more lessons. Re-evaluate how you think when you ride.

That's probably the nicest way I can put it.

andymac
05-06-2013, 07:59 AM
And I get annoyed with myself if I don't head-check a side road when I'm in the car ...

Mario, focus on the positives for a moment. You're still alive and able-bodied. Yes there's some shit being flung in the thread, most of it justified. But you have an opportunity to improve yourself, your riding and the quality of life for anybody else you're sharing the road with.

Additional training. Get some. Pronto.

You don't need to stop riding, but you do need to stop putting yourself and other road users at risk of serious injury or death unnecessarily.

Sunshine & F'n Rainbows
05-06-2013, 08:14 AM
Dude.

What is wrong with you?

Seriously.

**edit: I'm starting to agree with WAPOL, some of these retards probably shouldn't be allowed near motorcycle keys and the general public.

The_Wookie
05-06-2013, 08:21 AM
I do worry when I see these videos, and some of the general road sense of other bike users.

Is there something wrong with the training these days? I know when my wife was taking driving lessons I was amazed at some of the crap the instructor told her (and stuff he totally failed to mention). Am wondering if it's the same with bike instructors.

TurboR1
05-06-2013, 08:25 AM
I think it's a generational thing... each generation is gifted almost instant satisfaction and results when they want it... information is at your fingertips and is easier to obtain than ever before. I think they apply this same "learning" technique to practical situations. They do the bare minimum to get their license and once obtained that is the peak of the learning scale they are willing to undertake.

"I have my license, what else is there? Like you know, whatever"