PDA

View Full Version : Bike fatals up 17% from last year...

n00b_Ryder
10-06-2013, 06:15 PM
...and apparently we're to blame some 80-something% of the time....says nine news.

Trying to find the video but I just saw it on nine news....sigh

Mr_Mike
10-06-2013, 06:19 PM
yeah i just seen it as well, pretty much same bullshit as that perthnow report a couple weeks back, we're all on drugs/drunk, we've all got a criminal record and we're all to blame for accidents

n00b_Ryder
10-06-2013, 06:21 PM
Bloody motorcyclists

kapyong
10-06-2013, 06:29 PM
And te two fatal examples they showed was the recent Nedlands crash where the car turned in front of the rider and the other is a similar crash and I know that the driver has been charged with driving causing death or whatever it is correctly titled.

Riders not at fault in either but very dead!

Speed Dealer
10-06-2013, 06:33 PM
I believe rider error is a big contributing factor. I know of probably 10 crashes in the past month, only one of which was NOT the rider's fault. The most recent of which, this rider has wrecked multiple times before in only just over a year of riding. All his own fault.

Or should I say noob rider error.

Nothing wrong with statistics...just make sure you're not one of them.

Huggy
10-06-2013, 06:36 PM
100% of people who drink water will die

emrys74
10-06-2013, 06:41 PM

1/3 of all accidents are caused by drink drivers so dose that mean that the rest of the drivers arent drunk ?

chew
10-06-2013, 06:45 PM
1/3 of all accidents are caused by drink drivers so dose that mean that the rest of the drivers arent drunk ?

Caused by or involve?

emrys74
10-06-2013, 06:48 PM
Caused by or involve?

who knows could be any number of combinations

you can make statistics say pretty much what you want.

Sventek
10-06-2013, 06:56 PM
Just wait until you see what they're softening us up for.

Aufitt
10-06-2013, 07:00 PM
You just need to hit the roundabout bollard straight on for a harm free dismount.

keys
10-06-2013, 07:01 PM
Did they allow for the Sookie effect ?

Sorry if its to soon .

Sookie
10-06-2013, 07:09 PM

keys
10-06-2013, 07:12 PM
Good to see you posting hope your ok and what the hell happened ?

Phildo
10-06-2013, 07:14 PM

That's because fish have sex in it, and then we get fish AIDS later on.

Fish are bastards.

Desmo
10-06-2013, 07:15 PM

Perhaps you could consider stopping riding, Sookie and I don't doubt you'll find that the ridicule level will drop, especially seeing as this action would go some way to placating those who have suggested such in the past and could be seen as finally taking some advice and positive action.
Granted, there will always be a place in PSB folklore for you, alongside byte, polonY, Bulla et al, but the constant ridicule should subside to a tolerable level, especially if/when you stop logging on to PSB.

ReCon
10-06-2013, 07:20 PM
Just wait until you see what they're softening us up for.

You have any industry gossip ol' timer, or just a general comment? [You know , in case I need to kill as many puppies or bash as many Grannies as I can before said law is introduced.]

Joe Shabadoo
10-06-2013, 07:21 PM
did he fuckin bin it again?

Desmo
10-06-2013, 07:22 PM
Yes.

:awesome:

Nudge
10-06-2013, 07:22 PM
I was thinking it was morse code something like ... --- ... traditionally save our souls but now, save our sookie :)

Joe Shabadoo
10-06-2013, 07:25 PM
haha fuckin lol, will wait for the writeup and deferral of blame

Phildo
10-06-2013, 07:25 PM
I was thinking it was morse code something like ... --- ... traditionally save our souls but now, save our sookie :)

Yes, but he has to want to be saved...

:lol:

Sventek
10-06-2013, 07:26 PM
You have any industry gossip ol' timer, or just a general comment? [You know , in case I need to kill as many puppies or bash as many Grannies as I can before said law is introduced.]

I am "reliably informed" - as they say. Don't worry, it's only increased costs, increased penalties, high-vis clothing, a ban on pillions, and a new penalty for losing your motorcycle license while retaining your car license.

Speed Dealer
10-06-2013, 07:30 PM
did he fuckin bin it again?

Wasn't actually his fault this time to be honest.

keys
10-06-2013, 07:34 PM

So the guy standing in the middle of the road the other day has a car ?

Old frt
10-06-2013, 07:36 PM
I am "reliably informed" - as they say. Don't worry, it's only increased costs, increased penalties, high-vis clothing, a ban on pillions, and a new penalty for losing your motorcycle license while retaining your car license.

Boris is not happy.

Sventek
10-06-2013, 07:37 PM
Boris is not happy.

No, he wouldn't be.

Phildo
10-06-2013, 07:40 PM
Let one in 1,000 riders carry a handgun, and have a permit to use one bullet per day. No legal repercussions and no murder charges.

Within weeks, every car driver will be obsessively looking out for motorbikes.

Joe Shabadoo
10-06-2013, 07:40 PM

never fukn is

Captain Starfish
10-06-2013, 08:04 PM
Just think kiddies - the way we see sookie is the way the rest of the world sees us.

"Ever consider not riding?"

"Fucking muppet, it's your own fault"

etc.

No wonder we be rollin, haters be hatin.

Desmo
10-06-2013, 08:12 PM
haha fuckin lol, will wait for the writeup and deferral of blame

I did honestly laugh when I found out.

Old frt
10-06-2013, 08:13 PM
"Fucking muppet, it's your own fault.

Bet It was a fuckin tradies fault.:tongue:

mekon
10-06-2013, 08:13 PM
That's because fish have sex in it, and then we get fish AIDS later on.

Fish are bastards.

That's why the oceans are salty.

Captain Starfish
10-06-2013, 08:23 PM
Bet It was a fuckin tradies fault.:tongue:

I was wondering who'd pick that... My incident, whilst legally totally not my fault, was in my own mind entirely my fault - put myself where I had nowhere to go and no warning in a spot where I know cars dart across.

Speed Dealer
10-06-2013, 08:27 PM
I bet you wouldnt' be laughing if he had actually died and his missus and two kids are left without a father. As much as I hope it won't, there's a very real possibility it might, could be any of us at anytime, then all these Sookie bashing posts won't be so funny.

HAGG!S
10-06-2013, 08:38 PM
So now we think its a good laugh when people crash their bikes. Didn't realise everyone on psb where such great riders who never make mistakes.

Doesn't say much for the community when things like this are said, I realise not everyone's opinion is this stupid but there seems to be ones out there that think like this and it gives everyone a bad name.

Desmo
10-06-2013, 08:39 PM
I bet you wouldnt' be laughing if he had actually died and his missus and two kids are left without a father. As much as I hope it won't, there's a very real possibility it might, could be any of us at anytime, then all these Sookie bashing posts won't be so funny.

That's fair and I've already stated in other threads that I'm glad his kids still have a father but it has kind of gotten to hilarious proportions, don't you think?
The first time you pretended to throw a stick for a dog you found it hilarious and a bit sad at the same time because the dog was so dumb. After time and many more times pretending to throw the stick you still find it uproariously funny at how dumb the dog is, the joke never gets tired and evidently even the dog never tires of it, you soon lose the sadness and pity you had for the dog because you realise that it is just what it is; a fucking dumb dog.
There was actually a point in the past where I called out Phildo for having a needless crack at him in an unrelated thread;

Like a good FE joke, I think it's time to leave it.
However I certainly think Sookie has now firmly cemented his place in the PSB hall of shame and to be quite honest, he earnt the badge, he can wear it.

Sookie
10-06-2013, 08:42 PM

Rich...
10-06-2013, 08:43 PM

He got rid of the god part of his name years ago...

keys
10-06-2013, 08:45 PM

Broken fingers can not type ??

filbert
10-06-2013, 08:47 PM
The first time you pretended to throw a stick for a dog you found it hilarious and a bit sad at the same time because the dog was so dumb. After time and many more times pretending to throw the stick you still find it uproariously funny at how dumb the dog is, the joke never gets tired and evidently even the dog never tires of it, you soon lose the sadness and pity you had for the dog because you realise that it is just what it is; a fucking dumb dog.

small things amuse small minds and some people are just cunts, just saying.

shan
10-06-2013, 08:47 PM
Broken fingers can not type ?? Avatar

CharlieAlpha
10-06-2013, 08:49 PM
Excuse but what does it mean when people post nothing but dots?

Desmo
10-06-2013, 08:50 PM
It means they went back and changed what they wrote. Apparently accountability for one's words and actions isn't quite what it used to be.

small things amuse small minds and some people are just cunts, just saying.

Fair enough and you know I value your opinion but don't tell me I'm the only one who had a personal bet on how long it would take before this bike was written off. Even I'm amazed at the efficiency with which this latest bike has been dispatched.

Old frt
10-06-2013, 08:53 PM
Excuse but what does it mean when people post nothing but dots?

Usually means they have posted something in anger, thought twice and edited it shortly after with three dots.

Joe Shabadoo
10-06-2013, 08:57 PM
No, if his wife and kids were without a husband/father, I would not laugh about it. Nor would I be surprised
Hopefully his missus has more sense, and stops putting out until he gives up riding or in some other way gets him to stop
that much shit happening to one person on a bike .. i think this is really telling you something

Desmo
10-06-2013, 08:59 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy the guy isn't dead and that his kids have a father, I'd not laugh if he were seriously hurt or worse but you have to admit that is has now escalated to train wreck levels.

filbert
10-06-2013, 09:00 PM
It means they went back and changed what they wrote. Apparently accountability for one's words and actions isn't quite what it used to be.

Fair enough and you know I value your opinion but don't tell me I'm the only one who had a personal bet on how long it would take before this bike was written off. Even I'm amazed at the efficiency with which this latest bike has been dispatched.

it refers to the game with the dog and when it's played with people, it's your choice whether the shoe fits.

there is a lot more to the story but it's not my place to tell it beyond reporting that he has come out of it pretty well considering for those who were concerned, i'd like to think i can judge each situation on its own merit rather than develop a prejudice from prior actions, i can clearly see where he's gone wrong but i can also acknowledge his efforts whether he fails or not, at the point he decides to get on the wrong side of me it will be a different story but as yet nothing he has done has harmed me.

Desmo
10-06-2013, 09:02 PM
it refers to the game with the dog and when it's played with people, it's your choice whether the shoe fits.

I'm not throwing the stick, I'm just an innocent bystander.

filbert
10-06-2013, 09:08 PM
I'm not throwing the stick, I'm just an innocent bystander.

i get that ;) hence it wasn't a direct shot, but i also don't find it all that funny to make fun of those less fortunate whether it's cognitive abilities, mental or emotional development, coordination and riding skill or just the species they happened to be born, i may not speak up or make a scene but you can guarantee i'd be shaking my head and siding with the dog if it turned :lol:

ReCon
10-06-2013, 09:14 PM

Well that sounds positive. :mda:

- - - Updated - - -

Well that sounds positive. :mda:

Hope the Hi-Vis won't clash with my 49 colour leather race jacket...

Nudge
10-06-2013, 09:15 PM
So now we think its a good laugh when people crash their bikes. Didn't realise everyone on psb where such great riders who never make mistakes.

Doesn't say much for the community when things like this are said, I realise not everyone's opinion is this stupid but there seems to be ones out there that think like this and it gives everyone a bad name.

Look, listen, laugh and learn. When all that is hurt is pride, and the person is ok, a good laugh to reflect on the what could have been is sometimes the best relief. To get back on the bike, to fight the resulting financial fire and to understand that essentially our pastime and our choices can lead to a sacrifice of the ultimate cost - if we couldn't laugh it off this place would be the morbid dead centre of the internet.

I am stoked the bloke is ok and lately post in remorse code. (Ha this tablet is funny some times )

SomeBloke
10-06-2013, 09:33 PM
Far out, you guys are harsh!
Fair enough he has had more than a few offs, but every chance someone gets people take the piss out of him?

Has anyone heard of bullying? A few times you may call it a joke but every day I see sookie being ripped into. Give him a break.

thro
10-06-2013, 09:43 PM
If you have this many accidents, you are plain doing it wrong.

Some people aren't cut out for it.

This many offs in 12 months or so is fates way of telling you maybe riding a bike isn't such a good idea.

Huggy
10-06-2013, 09:46 PM
Why let fate tell you when PSB can...

Mr_Mike
10-06-2013, 09:46 PM
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmVr6RLeSnEkSxA_zuupwrfRBojw1fr qZx5xK8Q9JiUIHYcnFE

Huggy
10-06-2013, 09:48 PM
Eugene ?

devolved
10-06-2013, 09:51 PM
I suspected exactly the same thing that you're eluding too Sventek - this is just propaganda to get the public and police on side for some law changes and extra work for the filth in the near future.

Speed Dealer
10-06-2013, 09:54 PM
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmVr6RLeSnEkSxA_zuupwrfRBojw1fr qZx5xK8Q9JiUIHYcnFE

That only works if the 'victim' is female. White Knights rescuing the fair maiden etc. etc. Leave the use of memes/trolling etc to those that know what they're doing.

If you have this many accidents, you are plain doing it wrong.

Some people aren't cut out for it.

This many offs in 12 months or so is fates way of telling you maybe riding a bike isn't such a good idea.

Exactly, first time, maybe it is amusing...but when it's the fourth time it's more concerning than anything else.

Mr_Mike
10-06-2013, 09:56 PM
That only works if the 'victim' is female. White Knights rescuing the fair maiden etc. etc. Leave the use of memes/trolling etc to those that know what they're doing.

Exactly, first time, maybe it is amusing...but when it's the fourth time it's more concerning than anything else.

Urban Dictionary: whiteknight (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=whiteknight)
#6 and #7

Speed Dealer
10-06-2013, 10:02 PM
Urban Dictionary: whiteknight (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=whiteknight)
#6 and #7

Problem? It was said above, maybe Sookie isn't cut out for riding. Well, maybe you aren't cut out for trolling. As someone who has mastered the art of trolling, take my advice kid.

http://i.imgur.com/2n97yx6.png
http://i.imgur.com/ttRuFzI.png

Mr_Mike
10-06-2013, 10:11 PM
where was i trolling?

Ahh now makes sence when i read back over your post thats been added to 3 times to make you sound very condecending.

Glenn 74
10-06-2013, 10:31 PM

Old frt
10-06-2013, 10:41 PM

Could not agree more bro...

filbert
10-06-2013, 10:49 PM
Well, maybe you aren't cut out for trolling. As someone who has mastered the art of trolling, take my advice kid.

i've seen better attempts from 11 year olds, rank amateur at best....

you should probably speak to someone about those delusions of grandeur.

Glenn 74
10-06-2013, 10:51 PM
Could not agree more bro...

Philbert already said it perfectly...

Old frt
10-06-2013, 10:54 PM
Philbert already said it perfectly...

K, is Philbert the cabbie or the truckie?

Glenn 74
10-06-2013, 10:56 PM
K, is Philbert the cabbie or the truckie?

Sorry, Filbert.

Speed Dealer
10-06-2013, 11:02 PM
i've seen better attempts from 11 year olds

Interacting with 11 year olds on the internet...pedobear.jpeg.

Stephan
10-06-2013, 11:03 PM
What did I miss? Did Sookie come off again???

Huggy
10-06-2013, 11:16 PM
http://static.quickmeme.com/media/social/qm.gif
http://static.quickmeme.com/media/social/qm.gifhttp://assets.diylol.com/hfs/c6c/f93/aa1/resized/leave-britney-alone-meme-generator-leave-sookie-alone-6b765b.jpg

Phildo
10-06-2013, 11:25 PM
What did I miss? Did Sookie come off again???

Yep. Rear ended, apparently.

http://static.quickmeme.com/media/social/qm.gif
http://static.quickmeme.com/media/social/qm.gifhttp://assets.diylol.com/hfs/c6c/f93/aa1/resized/leave-britney-alone-meme-generator-leave-sookie-alone-6b765b.jpg

Easy... when he leaves us alone (or grows up), then we'll leave him alone. He chose to make himself the laughing stock of the forum. Make your bed, lie in it, etc.

Stephan
10-06-2013, 11:27 PM
Bugger...another one to hang it up?

Captain Starfish
11-06-2013, 06:43 AM
Or we could leave out Sookie out of a thread which has absolutely nothing to do with him and talk about a report hilighting that bike fatals are up 17% from last year.

Sventek: interesting, a little disturbing, but I wonder how it will go...

shan
11-06-2013, 09:03 AM
I wonder the stats on licenced riders , have they gone up much ?
Just saying XX% has the desired efect, numbers that sound terrible (they are), could it be lies lies lies and statistics ?
I am in agreement, its a properganda campain ,

imoXu
11-06-2013, 09:09 AM
Little scooters should not be include in motorbike stats until they have the same training and licensing
otherwise someone might look at the increased numbers and publish bs

Joe Shabadoo
11-06-2013, 10:10 AM
as idiotic as scooter riders can be, i'd say pricks on litre bikes have a far greater propensity to kill themselves than those on a 50cc
i don't doubt the stats tbh. cashed up bogans are no longer just happy with a 315KW V8, they need something that can do 300k/hr, because short of an exotic car, that stat will make em the fastest of all guys on site

andymac
11-06-2013, 10:57 AM
When taking into account an increasing number of motorcycles on the road, the fatality rate has actually decreased
- the fatality rate per 10,000 registered motorcycles has been decreasing on average by 3% per annum since 2002

Source: Royal Australasian College of Surgeons

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/andrewbmcadam/stats.jpg (http://s296.photobucket.com/user/andrewbmcadam/media/stats.jpg.html)

orazzal
11-06-2013, 01:49 PM
When taking into account an increasing number of motorcycles on the road, the fatality rate has actually decreased
- the fatality rate per 10,000 registered motorcycles has been decreasing on average by 3% per annum since 2002

Source: Royal Australasian College of Surgeons

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/andrewbmcadam/stats.jpg (http://s296.photobucket.com/user/andrewbmcadam/media/stats.jpg.html)

i still cant believe this guy supposedly is a doctor, theyll give a phd to anyone these days

Eugene
11-06-2013, 04:36 PM
Eugene ?

Yo.