PDA

View Full Version : Californian police shoot dog.

03-07-2013, 07:03 PM
I'm sure there are many versions of events, but here is one news report, and one video account. (video is quite confronting, you have been warned)

Just another fine example of American policing at its finest...

Californian police have shot dead a dog in front of its owner after it went to the man's aid while he was being arrested for taking video of a police operation.

Dog owner Leon Rosby took the video as police barricaded a house.

Another bystander behind Mr Rosby was recording him, and can be heard saying that Mr Rosby asked the police why there weren't any black police present, The Huffington Post reports.

That remark apparently drew attention of police, who started to approach Mr Rosby.

Video of the incident taken by others show Mr Rosby, with the dog on a lead, put it in his car as the officers approached.

Mr Rosby walks towards the officers then turns his back, puts his hand behind his back and his handcuffed.

The dog initially stayed in the car and barks.

But then it jumps out of the car and heads towards the officers holding Mr Rosby in handcuffs.

Mr Rosby's dog leapt from the car to bark at officers after they hand-cuffed his owner.

The dog is close to the officers as several shots are fired at the dog, prompting screams from several people nearby.

Mr Rosby's attorney, Michael Gulden, said he plans to file a lawsuit against the Hawthorne Police Department.

Police said they had no choice but to shoot as the dog lunged toward them.

"It looks like the officer tried to reach down and grab the leash, and then the dog lunges in the direction of him and the other officers there," Hawthorne police Lt. Scott Swain said to the Daily Breeze.
"And I know it's the dog's master, and more than likely not going to attack him, (but) we've got a guy handcuffed that's kind of defenseless. We have a duty to defend him, too." Scroll down for the Hawthorne Police Department's full account of what happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qv-D7hyWKs

PS, since when is it against the law to film police? I know its not here, and I recall a few videos and follow up stories suggesting it is most definitely not against the law in the US of A either.

filbert
03-07-2013, 07:22 PM
They are the law and if it can be used against them then it's against the law....

They call it collecting evidence, if it's all in one place then they can cover their arses

twiz
03-07-2013, 07:31 PM
That's fucked up.... As if they can throw it in there that they were defending its owner... No dog would attack there owner
Shits fucked

GIXXEN
03-07-2013, 07:40 PM
That's up there with the worst thing I have ever seen and I have seen some horrible fucked up shit.

Ipad just got thrown along the floor while I had tears in my eyes.

Fucking cunts sorry fair enough he done wrong but I would be on a life long mission to fuck everyone involved in shooting my dog.

I can't even begin to think the pain that guy must be in standing there watching people wind bullets through your best friend :(

03-07-2013, 07:45 PM
he done wrong

elaborate...

GIXXEN
03-07-2013, 07:48 PM
The owner I mean. Not the dog.

I think I would prefer they put one in me before my dog.

Edit- by the sounds of it he was doing sweet FA wrong really anyway, I read a different article today that had other offences towards the man today I will try find it.

Mr_Mike
03-07-2013, 08:05 PM
read the story, not even gonna bother watching the video

Dragunov-21
03-07-2013, 08:23 PM
So it's (presumably) a corrupt act or complete failure on the part of a group of officers in a police department on the other side of the world.

Why the fuck is that a news flash? US Police departments need better training, oversight and accountability, that's nothing new.

But by all means start sticking the boot in to no good purpose.

*EDIT* It's not against the law to film Police in any US state as far as I'm aware, but it appears a lot of Police are unaware of a lot of details of law or find themselves in a position where they are able to infringe the rights of citizens without risk of harm. Once again, this isn't news.

I also find my sympathy reduced for anyone that has a negative police encounter after baiting or taking an unnecessarily adversarial approach. doesn't make anything the officers do acceptable but if I walked up to a bikie and call him a cunt, most people would feel I could have taken steps to better protect my interests.

Kawasaki cat
03-07-2013, 10:06 PM
there are other versions of this story where The owner rocked up with very loud music playing (that's why all of his windows are down), got out harassing the cops and generally being a nuisance... Stupid guy should have kept on driving and then his dog would have lived to see another day. Also It seriously is worrying that the first thing the cop decides to do though is shoot while there are people everywhere, pepper spray would have been a lot better.

Poor dog just trying to help his stupid owner:(

chew
03-07-2013, 10:41 PM
So he knew was going to be arrested and put his dog in the car with the windows down, dog jumps out and goes for coppers, gets shot.

The dog died because it's owner is a dickhead. Fucked if I would let a dog bite me if I could defend myself.

Perfect case for vetting dog owners IMO.

R.I.P. Dog

GreenMeanie
03-07-2013, 10:42 PM
I'm sure there are many versions of events, but here is one news report, and one video account. (video is quite confronting, you have been warned)

Just another fine example of American policing at its finest...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qv-D7hyWKs

PS, since when is it against the law to film police? I know its not here, and I recall a few videos and follow up stories suggesting it is most definitely not against the law in the US of A either.

In NB after a ride 96 I filmed(using my phone) the cops leaning all over my bike as a couple of the searched through the belongings of a guy they arrested. The rest of the posse was leaning on and over my bike, playing who could spot the illicit drugs first.
I picked up my phone and filmed, just in case. Just in case the fat cunts pushed it over in there eagerness.

A Senior spotted me. Grabbed a posse member and waltzed over to me and told me to stop as they would confiscate my phone as evidence.

We had a little bit of argument and the cafe owner got up and had words with them as well. They then wandered back to rejoin the posse.

SO! It seems as they can find an excuse here for anything they want to do. ANd probably with the blessings of all the righteous do gooders as well.

Br3ndan
03-07-2013, 10:46 PM
So he knew was going to be arrested and put his dog in the car with the windows down, dog jumps out and goes for coppers, gets shot.

The dog died because it's owner is a dickhead. Fucked if I would let a dog bite me if I could defend myself.

Perfect case for vetting dog owners IMO.

R.I.P. Dog

Unfortunately this is the case. He really should of had those windows wound up at least so the dog could not get out.

Officer was put in a tough spot and reacted to defend.

Would have been a different story if the dog actually jumped on the officer and took a chunk out of his face.

Dont get me wrong I love dogs but ultimately the owner is always responsible for the dogs actions. Which in this case, it was only doing what most (if not all) would do.. which is protect its owner.

The dog did the right thing by its owner, unfortunately the owner did not return the favour.

RIP Dog. Hope the owner gets what is coming to him.

filbert
03-07-2013, 11:12 PM
In NB after a ride 96 I filmed(using my phone) the cops leaning all over my bike as a couple of the searched through the belongings of a guy they arrested. The rest of the posse was leaning on and over my bike, playing who could spot the illicit drugs first.
I picked up my phone and filmed, just in case. Just in case the fat cunts pushed it over in there eagerness.

A Senior spotted me. Grabbed a posse member and waltzed over to me and told me to stop as they would confiscate my phone as evidence.

We had a little bit of argument and the cafe owner got up and had words with them as well. They then wandered back to rejoin the posse.

SO! It seems as they can find an excuse here for anything they want to do. ANd probably with the blessings of all the righteous do gooders as well.

First camera phone didn't sell until 00 :P

My Nokia 1630 was high tech back then and didn't have one :)

Phildo
03-07-2013, 11:17 PM
Got to wonder how popular that cop will be with his fellow (dog loving) officers from now on...

Huggy
03-07-2013, 11:22 PM
Dog defends owner. Cop defends self.

Short of letting himself or a colleague get bitten, the cop didn't really have any other option.

Dog owner deserved the bullet.

03-07-2013, 11:23 PM
does "reasonable force" not mean anything anymore?

Huggy
03-07-2013, 11:31 PM
does "reasonable force" not mean anything anymore?

Dogs like that can and will kill people in those circumstances.

What's your point?

GreenMeanie
03-07-2013, 11:40 PM
First camera phone didn't sell until 00 :P

My Nokia 1630 was high tech back then and didn't have one :)

That had me wondering for awhile. Then I saw the connection. Now I know you have a drug problem!

03-07-2013, 11:40 PM
horse. shit.

3 cops against a dog of approx 40kg (?)

remove the owner as it is cuffed.

it would not be reasonable to shoot a man for thowing a punch at one of three cops. they probably would, but it doesn't make it right.

i think my first reaction would be "release the owner (still cuffed) and back away" not "shoot it"

Huggy
03-07-2013, 11:54 PM
The test for self defence is still largely subjective.

Yes, there are probably lots of other things the police officers could have done, but the fact is at the time one of them made the call to defend himself.

Taking the cuffs off would have taken longer than the time it took for the dog to lunge at the officer anyway.

Would you have preferred the police officer had a few fingers taken off, a mauled face and several other injuries before it was eventually shot?

It would have been reasonable for the officer to shoot a man attacking them with a knife wouldn't it. The dog had a mouth full of blades that it was about to use on the officer, so I believe he was justified in using such force.

Para045
04-07-2013, 12:02 AM
Before I even read the article I figured it would be the Hawthorne PD, they have a bad reputation for this sort of anti social interaction with the public :o I have read a few articles where they have broken protocols and even the law during the course of their duty :mad:

filbert
04-07-2013, 02:06 AM
That had me wondering for awhile. Then I saw the connection. Now I know you have a drug problem!

Well that one failed, I need better bait if I want to become a master troll...

filbert
04-07-2013, 02:17 AM
The test for self defence is still largely subjective.

Yes, there are probably lots of other things the police officers could have done, but the fact is at the time one of them made the call to defend himself.

Taking the cuffs off would have taken longer than the time it took for the dog to lunge at the officer anyway.

Would you have preferred the police officer had a few fingers taken off, a mauled face and several other injuries before it was eventually shot?

It would have been reasonable for the officer to shoot a man attacking them with a knife wouldn't it. The dog had a mouth full of blades that it was about to use on the officer, so I believe he was justified in using such force.

He could probably have tried the tazer but if one barb missed or hit the wrong spot it could still be either fatal or ineffective and its single use unless the cartridge is removed and applied directly or a new cartridge loaded.

He could have tried pepper spray but that can cause bad reactions to bystanders and the increased effects on a dog would be fairly cruel anyway with unknown results such as blindly biting anything nearby.

The gun is quick, effective, he knew how to use it and what the result would be, right or wrong it worked at eliminating the hazard.

Dragunov-21
04-07-2013, 04:36 AM
horse. shit.

remove the owner as it is cuffed.

it would not be reasonable to shoot a man for thowing a punch at one of three cops. they probably would, but it doesn't make it right.

i think my first reaction would be "release the owner (still cuffed) and back away" not "shoot it"

It is not be reasonable to compare a dog attack to a guy throwing a punch. Saying it's three chops against a 40kg dog completely ignored the capabilities of the parties involved.

98kellrs
04-07-2013, 06:22 AM
Surprised that no-one has chimed in about dangerous breeds yet. Sad for the owner, but with that kind of dog you never know what or who it's going to attack, especially with so many people around on the streets.

If I were the cops I would have treated the animal as a weapon, and ensured that it was neutralised (well tied up/caged) prior to making the arrest, in the same way you remove a knife from the situation if a suspect is armed.

Fucked situation is fucked.

BusaSteve
04-07-2013, 07:21 AM
Disgusting abuse of power...no wonder the gun lobby is still able to make headway. I would expect those trigger happy sacks to be given the bums rush.

Dragunov-21
04-07-2013, 07:25 AM
Disgusting abuse of power...no wonder the gun lobby is still able to make headway. I would expect those trigger happy sacks to be given the bums rush.

Are you able to articulate why a police officer is not justified in shooting a rottweiler when it lunges at him?

The gun lobby is able to make headway because of public sentiment and the existing law of the land.

BusaSteve
04-07-2013, 07:36 AM
The dog lunged and backed off there are many things the cop could have done....put the owner in front ....back off and call animal control but no they had to shoot the poor thing several times how big of him...I personally hope he gets the boot and has to work as a mall cop with no real power.

As for the gun lobby...sentiment is going to increase with those sorts of police actions.

Dragunov-21
04-07-2013, 07:47 AM
The dog lunged and backed off there are many things the cop could have done....put the owner in front ....back off and call animal control but no they had to shoot the poor thing several times how big of him...I personally hope he gets the boot and has to work as a mall cop with no real power.

The dog was bouncing back and forth but the officers did not appear to shoot until the dog lunged directly at one of them when they attempted to gain control of it with the lead. The dog was in the air when shots were fired

It's a rottweiler, it's two feet away and it's just gone for you. Have a look at some pictures of dog attacks to see what can happen, and this is in a country where rabies has not been eradicated. I ask again, why do you feel the officer was not justified in shooting a potential threat once it was two feet away and attacking. I guarantee if it had been your throat they were protecting you wouldn't call it disgusting.

Bonus points if you tell me why it matters how many times the dog was shot (by multiple officers, by the way).

Any police officer who pushes a handcuffed man towards an aggressive dog is opening himself up to a massive lawsuit. Why should he be required to take that massive risk to save someone else's unsecured dog?

Whether or not the situation could have been handled better prior to the dog escaping is another issue.

Maxo
04-07-2013, 08:02 AM
I don't want to watch the video because it will put me in a shit mood.

Should have made owner subdue the pet. By the sound of the story it doesn't sound like he was being violent.

horse. shit.

3 cops, sure, but one of them is going to have a giant fucking chunk missing.

Tell me more about how you'd subdue an aggressive dog with hand to hand combat.

edit: what happens if you taze it? What's standard police procedure with a large dog?

Kia
04-07-2013, 08:23 AM
Im curious as to where that taser they so often love to use was.

AZAZL
04-07-2013, 08:29 AM
IMHO crueler to tazer than kill. Pepper spray also can have mixed results.

Cops would have allowed owner to wind windows. His problem.

Big protective breeds can move very quickly and that was for sure going to bite someone.

If he wasn't going to bite under those circumstances, then it's a pussy not a dog and needed euthanising anyway :D

chew
04-07-2013, 08:45 AM
Lets not forget the overall situation here with what looked like a house siege with an armoured car involved and some dick wandering around close to police cars with a large dog mouthing off. The people filming the dickhead situation could see he was causing mischief by their giggling and comments in what was looking like a stand off type situation with armed Police everywhere.

Don't know about the good ol' U.S.of A but a lawful command in Aus to desist or move away that is ignored is cause for arrest.

BusaSteve
04-07-2013, 08:53 AM
Well FWIW the next time a cop crosses that guys path he may be taking HIS life in his hands. Way to go to bolster already piss poor cop/public relations with this particular department.

As for the bonus points I guess some people once they pull the trigger cant stop, although I would like to think they were trying to put the dog out of its misery....shame they started in the first place.

Also yes the cop tried to grab the dog and at that point it was staying back....only when they tried to grab it did it spring forward again. Now I wasn't there but if the animal was backing down again which is what is showing on the footage why go and antagonise it again?...possibly so they could justify shooting it???

Rat750
04-07-2013, 09:07 AM
So he was pissed off because there were no black police present? So what?

I'm a dog lover......but sorry, in that situation I would have shot the dog too.

Dragunov-21
04-07-2013, 09:13 AM
Well FWIW the next time a cop crosses that guys path he may be taking HIS life in his hands. Way to go to bolster already piss poor cop/public relations with this particular department.

As for the bonus points I guess some people once they pull the trigger cant stop, although I would like to think they were trying to put the dog out of its misery....shame they started in the first place.

Also yes the cop tried to grab the dog and at that point it was staying back....only when they tried to grab it did it spring forward again. Now I wasn't there but if the animal was backing down again which is what is showing on the footage why go and antagonise it again?...possibly so they could justify shooting it???

You haven't managed to answer the question yet. I think you just don't like cops and are looking for a way to twist the situation to match your prejudices while pretending you have a rational argument.

As far as the number of rounds goes, if multiple shooters start shooting under stress and each stops only when certain the threat is eliminated (which takes time to assess), multiple shots will be fired.

BusaSteve
04-07-2013, 09:14 AM
Shoulda saved the dog and shot the owner. As for answering your question D... I dont know! is it the number 7.

As for hating cops no....I have an ambivilant attitude towards them. On the several occasions I have had to call them they took so long to turn up that what was happening was already in the newspaper. I also believe there are numerous reports of a very lack lustre interest in stolen property around Perth...I suppose it is similar in the good old USA. I dont expect all cops are like this...bit like politicians...there must be some good ones hey??

Dragunov-21
04-07-2013, 09:19 AM
The answer is that you don't like cops. All well and good, but looks retarded when you try to support a statement with it.

BusaSteve
04-07-2013, 09:31 AM
I am not the only one to have misgivings about police use of firearms and public relations.

I am not supporting a statement I was stating my opinion so in future I will try to remember to put IMO in it.

ps

If you want me to answer a question, I want you to ask one that doesn't put words in my mouth that were never there.

Irish
04-07-2013, 09:36 AM
That is So fucked up, outrageous even... That poor dog was just trying to protect his pack leader.. Watching that is sickening...

Maxo
04-07-2013, 09:48 AM
Surprised that no-one has chimed in about dangerous breeds yet.

I'm not. People are smart enough around here to realise that dangerous breeds is just a bullshit excuse for not training your dog properly.

Willing to bet that dog would be fine with anyone so long as they weren't intimidating it or the owner. Rottweilers aren't unpredictable and dangerous.

Rat750
04-07-2013, 09:56 AM
http://i.imgur.com/wsD1NtS.jpg

04-07-2013, 10:19 AM
Rottweilers aren't unpredictable and dangerous.

Yep. Big, strong dogs sure, but typically quite docile unless trained otherwise.

I understand the cop needed to defend himself, but the problem stems from the over acceptance of use of deadly force by officers in the US. They just don't even consider other options. It really is a shoot first, think later deal they have going on.

BusaSteve
04-07-2013, 10:32 AM
Yes and animals will act aggressively if faced with agression...like three or four gun wielding cops shouting.

I dont care what anyone says from the footage the shooting was not justified and that one cop who instigated the free for all should at least be sanctioned. As for the excuse keep shooting untill each deem it safe.... for fucks sake the animal was dropped with one shot talk about overkill!

Dragunov-21
04-07-2013, 10:42 AM
Yep. Big, strong dogs sure, but typically quite docile unless trained otherwise.

I understand the cop needed to defend himself, but the problem stems from the over acceptance of use of deadly force by officers in the US. They just don't even consider other options. It really is a shoot first, think later deal they have going on.

The US is a very different place and far more dangerous one to be a LEO in, IMO. Every second spent assessing a situation is another second for someone to shoot you and unfortunately US Police often draw that balance as far as possible in favour of their own survival. That's not to say that there aren't significant problems on the Police's side but when people start judging US cops for shooting they are often thinking with an Australian mentality and that skews the situation greatly.

Yes and animals will act aggressively if faced with agression...like three or four gun wielding cops shouting.

I dont care what anyone says from the footage the shooting was not justified and that one cop who instigated the free for all should at least be sanctioned. As for the excuse keep shooting untill each deem it safe.... for fucks sake the animal was dropped with one shot talk about overkill!

No-one's blaming the dog. It was a tragedy that could have been avoided by better handling on either side (owner or police).

I'm assuming you leave time when riding to account for reaction times. Why do you not afford the cops here recognition of the same human frailties? You say it's not justified but you can't say why.

GreenMeanie
04-07-2013, 11:00 AM
Well that one failed, I need better bait if I want to become a master troll...

I'll sell you my new book at a small price. Only the paperback edition of course!

BusaSteve
04-07-2013, 11:50 AM
Its not justified because the animal was backing off and only until the cop tried to grab it did it react agressively...ergo the cops action caused the animals reaction. If they had continued to back away the dog most likely would have just continued to bark at them. If not THEN they would be justified in shooting it. They were way too quick to take extreme action.

Dragunov-21
04-07-2013, 12:10 PM
So the Police should have issued commands until the dog complied? :huh:

Are you suggesting the force continuum applies equally to animals as humans, and that provoking one with sudden movement makes your right to defend yourself null and void? Animals aren't capable of human reasoning and communication. It attacked when attempts to control it were made and it was shot when it posed a threat that could not be dealt with by lesser means at that point in time.

If it's that hard to understand, picture a guy with a knife in place of the dog and ask yourself whether the cops were justified in shooting when he lunged at them with the knife from two feet away.

Huggy
04-07-2013, 02:23 PM
Put yourself in this officers position. Sure things could have been dealt with better leading up to the attack, but at that moment I believe any reasonable person would agree that he was justified in using the force he did due to a reasonable fear of being severely injured, or even worse should no one be able to get the dog off in time.

1v1 IRL a dog like that will fuck up a person, there is no denying that.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5488/9204282279_32aeecf7ae.jpg

Huggy
04-07-2013, 02:31 PM
The thumbnail[sic] for the video does a good job at sensationalising the situation doesn't it...

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3723/9204281643_2a313ff21a.jpg

As for the excuse keep shooting untill each deem it safe.... for fucks sake the animal was dropped with one shot talk about overkill!

Ever shot a dangerous animal before? Even the most placid of animals can put up a hell of a fight after copping a few rounds.

Para045
05-07-2013, 02:20 AM
I'm surprised the cop at the back didn't open up with the MP5 :huh:

BusaSteve
05-07-2013, 08:33 AM
OH ffs I never disputed how many rounds they pumped into the poor animal I said it was not, IMO, justified. Others then went on to say 'oh they shot it several times' or 'the cops were only doing their job or asking did I know why they shoot so may times or some other similar crap etc etc.

I think the whole thing was avoidable judging from the video and the cops went on to inflamed the situation to a point where there was no other option but to shoot the animal. I make no apology for being an animal lover and I couldnt give a shit how dangerous an animal can be when attacked often they are like that because of human intervention....like in this case...IMO

The more I see of people (like those cops) the better I like dogs.........

Graelin
05-07-2013, 08:50 AM
Has anyone here had experience on how to handle a large aggressive dog attacking them?

Has anyone here seen the resulting injuries to police officers attacked by a large aggressive dog?

Who was responsible for that particular dog?

Who caused the incident?

Fact there are groups of people in US who train large dogs to attack police.

BusaSteve
05-07-2013, 08:54 AM
I give up on this thread...sure others were to blame and the dog needed to be shot end of story.

Graelin
05-07-2013, 09:34 AM
I'm not. People are smart enough around here to realise that dangerous breeds is just a bullshit excuse for not training your dog properly.

Willing to bet that dog would be fine with anyone so long as they weren't intimidating it or the owner. Rottweilers aren't unpredictable and dangerous.

WA brings in toughened legislation on dangerous breeds while other countries who have had it are repealing it because it does not work in their experience.

Two people working in university conducted PHD research with answers proven to work had to give up in WA after ten years of trying to make change happen.

This world first research was trialled in WA and over four years resulted in a fifty percent reduction on offences against the Dog Act. WA local government dept officer so badly attacked both of these persons they gave up.

WonderPants
05-07-2013, 10:52 AM
my 2 cents.... the cops messed up, before approaching the owner and "cuffing" him for viciously camming them on his phone, they should have ensured to dog was safely restrained. It's a very simple procedure, one that does not take a rocket scientist to work out. The cops messed up and found themselves in a bad situation and faced with a dog that was just defending it's owner, at which point they should have backed off and told the owner to appease the dog before going any further. I have worked with the police in the UK and they are told that if they have dealings with a person with a dog that the owner has to restrain the dog before anything else happens. This is just simple self preservation of knowing when to go into a situation and when not to! Think of it as roadcraft for policing. The Dog did not need to be shot if the cops knew what they were doing!

shan
05-07-2013, 10:54 AM
dog was black
Had it coming

WonderPants
05-07-2013, 10:57 AM
^^^^LOL

BenG
05-07-2013, 12:10 PM
my 2 cents.... the cops messed up, before approaching the owner and "cuffing" him for viciously camming them on his phone, they should have ensured to dog was safely restrained. It's a very simple procedure, one that does not take a rocket scientist to work out. The cops messed up and found themselves in a bad situation and faced with a dog that was just defending it's owner, at which point they should have backed off and told the owner to appease the dog before going any further. I have worked with the police in the UK and they are told that if they have dealings with a person with a dog that the owner has to restrain the dog before anything else happens. This is just simple self preservation of knowing when to go into a situation and when not to! Think of it as roadcraft for policing. The Dog did not need to be shot if the cops knew what they were doing!

Or, maybe the guy should have secured the dog properly when he put it in the car, since he clearly knew he was about to get arrested. It is ALWAYS the dog owner's responsibility to ensure that their dog is secure.

Could the cops have handled it differently? Maybe...

But, at the end of the day, the dog's owner was asking for it. Stopping his car in an intersection with music blaring from the stereo, getting out purely to stir up trouble with the cops. And then failing to properly secure his dog. Well, he got the trouble he was looking for, If he'd just driven on and minded his own business, or at least just secured his dog properly in the car, then the whole situation would never have arisen.

IMO, the person most at fault here is the dog's owner.

chew
05-07-2013, 12:37 PM
Again, this appeared to be a siege situation. Not a traffic stop or similar.

I also noted the cop didn't fill in a jsa before shooting the dog either tsk, tsk.

All this in a country where someone is murdered every 80 minutes and Police are shot at regularly.

filbert
05-07-2013, 12:58 PM
He couldn't close the windows to secure the dog because dogs die in hot cars

chew
06-07-2013, 07:01 AM
These blokes pretty much sum up my take on this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7RV_NgwSLE

CharlieAlpha
06-07-2013, 08:44 AM
Haven't read it all, just the first two pages.

The cop was justified in defending himself.

Imagine the pain of being savaged by a dog. Operations, skin graphs, infections, pain killers, getting hooked on pain killers, muscle wastage, time off work, unable to play with the kids or help the wife, marriage strain, hopelessness, post traumatic stress disorder, not being able to return to work because you don't feel safe anymore, cheating wife fucking gets a restraining order against you, as a result you can't keep your firearms licence so you lose your job as a cop, can't keep your firearms. Life in Merica without firearms too painful to consider.. jumps off bridge.