PDA

View Full Version : Dodgy roads

reddog
18-04-2006, 09:50 AM
Ripped the sidewall out of one of my tires on the Triton while moving from a gravel driveway onto a main road on Sunday night after going for dinner at the local winery (The hole is about 15mm x 50mm). Lucky the spare was in good nick, however wasn't much fun in pitch black rolling around in the gravel I can tell you.

What is the shire responsible for, just the repairing of the driveway? Bit annoyed that a nearly new 16" Pirelli Scorpion (Bob Jane price $249ea) is destroyed. Will make a nice tyre swing I guess or pot plant holder.

sabre1
18-04-2006, 10:10 AM
thats a hard one depends where in the driveway was it road to driveway or further in , this gets sticky due to councils having differing views on where there responsiblities lay
also depends on the council.

I remember a few years back someone on a motorbike having a prang on a side street due to all the seeds the trees had dropped , they took issue with the council over it as the council put the trees in ,I think it had something to do with one of the rider leaner schools cant quite remember was on the tv and stuff but they were having a shit fight with the councilo over that basically came down to safety issue and the council was not providing a safe enviroment for road users

Rooster
18-04-2006, 12:15 PM
Your Post gave me an idea reddog!
Check it out...
Click click (http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/board/index.php?showtopic=19489&st=0)

sathid
18-04-2006, 11:07 PM
great idea mate,
might report the pot hole at the end of the street across from me. they just resurfaced the whole street in nice asphault, but decided to leave the pothole (that is marked) that's right in the middle of a corner and has been there for like a year, (would not want to go over it on a bike...) that was about a metre away from the end of the section of resurfaced road.
gets me why they did it.

I just put it down to whomever being in charge of the roadworks being a moron. take for example the end of the mitchell fwy today.
comes off as two lanes, splits into three (one left two right) and then due to roadworks they close the far right lane, and everyone in the right two lanes merge back into one. why the hell not just leave it two lanes the whole way?!?
:mad:

I had a friend who blew a tyre on a pothole. the council said they were not responsible as they were not aware of it, and could not be expected to pay for damages. However, I would suggest if someone reported it, and they did not repair it in what could be seen as a reasonable amount of time, during which someone had an accident because of it, they could be seen as responsible or possibly negligent.