PDA

View Full Version : The reason why i am excited today

Pkunk
19-04-2006, 11:22 PM
http://www.toolband.com/news/images/xmdays_mini_art.jpg

I cannot over emphasise how utterly brilliant this album is :wub:

Click here to recieve the glowing... (http://www.toolband.com/index_frames.html)

oh yeah buy the album when it comes out and stuff :thumbsup:

-pk

shrike
19-04-2006, 11:48 PM
New tool album?

Sweet!

Gresh
20-04-2006, 09:52 AM
aaargh i thought i couldve listened to it at that site :ninja:

when's the law abiding release date here? haflway thru may sometime right?

offtheshelf
20-04-2006, 10:34 AM
aaargh i thought i couldve listened to it at that site :ninja:

when's the law abiding release date here? haflway thru may sometime right?
[/b]

May 1st...

then apparently a tour in October-November... fingers crossed!!!

MaxxRR
20-04-2006, 12:30 PM
I cannot over emphasise how utterly brilliant this album is[/b]

WHS^

:pirate:

Infusi0n
20-04-2006, 03:05 PM
Trying to get back to the roots of what made him famous .. seriously nothing a perfect circle did ever hooked me as much as Tool has, heres hoping its good.

Pkunk
20-04-2006, 03:29 PM
Trying to get back to the roots of what made him famous .. seriously nothing a perfect circle did ever hooked me as much as Tool has, heres hoping its good.
[/b]

i dont understand your use of the word "him"

there is 4 men in the band you know

change anymore than 1 member and suddenly everything goes to shit :ohmy:

zadok
20-04-2006, 04:28 PM
Never heard of Tool before. Downloaded some, ahem, samples off the net. Quite impressed with the music, but the singing isn't all my cup of tea. At the tender young age of 47, you have to give me some leeway :happy: I'm also impressed with Wolfmother. :yes:

ScratchPervert
20-04-2006, 04:42 PM
I want a copy, rip rip wood chip !!!!!!!!

Pkunk
20-04-2006, 05:15 PM
Never heard of Tool before. Downloaded some, ahem, samples off the net. Quite impressed with the music, but the singing isn't all my cup of tea. At the tender young age of 47, you have to give me some leeway :happy: I'm also impressed with Wolfmother. :yes:
[/b]

Yes the vocals, while being very technically good (the vocalist is singing through a large and varying range), from what ive seen they tend to really only appeal to the younger (say angrier? :cool: ) generation.

Now the same vocalist sings for another band named "A Perfect Circle". The vocals are "softer" and more "feminine".

Perhaps you should download some "samples" off the net for that band also and see what you think :biggrin:

Irish
20-04-2006, 05:48 PM
So is Tool 10,000 days their latest sample? If so should finish having it all later tonight :)

azathoth
20-04-2006, 07:41 PM
I hated Aenima, Undertow and Opiate at first, even Lateralus took a while to grow on me. But now they comprise some of the greatest albums I own. The sample track was great straight away, which makes me feel it might not have the shelf life the previous albums had. It seems a bit more accessible then previous offerings. Anyone agree?

Stu
20-04-2006, 07:54 PM
I can tell you I have been hanging out for this for years.
Triple J (who else huh) have been playing the first single
off the album, which in typical TOOL style, runs for eight
minutes.
Stu

zadok
21-04-2006, 05:10 AM
Yes the vocals, while being very technically good (the vocalist is singing through a large and varying range), from what ive seen they tend to really only appeal to the younger (say angrier? :cool: ) generation.

Now the same vocalist sings for another band named "A Perfect Circle". The vocals are "softer" and more "feminine".

Perhaps you should download some "samples" off the net for that band also and see what you think :biggrin:
[/b]
Thanks for the tip pkunk. Got a few and doesn't sound too bad. :thumbsup: