PDA

View Full Version : broken down mill point/coode st

Visitor
18-03-2014, 09:12 PM
Hi guys, rectifier shat itself on the corner mill point road and Goode st on the learner friendly ride. If anyone has a trailer ramps to help me out I'd be greatly appreciated to get back to marangaroo, plus a carton/bottle :)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh my tag is griffo_94, but can't login properly on the mobile

griffo_94
18-03-2014, 09:42 PM
Live to rides heading off who's my shadow, if you need a contact number its 0416212816. Please do not contact him as he is on his way home :)

Cole
18-03-2014, 10:32 PM
did this get sorted?

Live to ride
18-03-2014, 10:47 PM
I hope so, just got home and tried to ring, went to messages.
If no-one else offers, I've got a trailer here.

Visitor
18-03-2014, 11:24 PM
griffo_94 ended up pulling his seat off and checking the battery terminals while we were waiting for a ute/trailer. The negative was stupidly loose, so we tightened it and gave it a go. Sparks off the positive terminal this time so pulled that apart and reconnected. Bike came to life pretty easy, so did a quick test run down to the carpark and back.

He was happy it would last and headed for home. Hope he got there, did tell him to post in here when he did.

griffo_94
18-03-2014, 11:44 PM
Hey guys got home all okay, dropped the bike off and let livetoride know what the go was. I'd like to thank everyone who stayed around to help and offer their time and effort, it means a lot when I've only had the bike a week :)

Stoneville
19-03-2014, 06:58 AM
Damm batteries, it's always the batteries!!!

I was thinking kill switch, but with all the lads around that one would have ogtten sorted quite quickly :D

Good to hear you and the bike are home safe :)

Visitor
20-03-2014, 09:20 AM
Hey griffo_94 did you get this checked out any further?

With those sparks that were coming off the positive terminal I would be getting your electronics, battery & power commander checked over to make sure no permanent damage was done. Not sure how long it has been shorting out like that, but you don't want it happening again. Even making sure the battery is getting adequate charge etc would be a good start.

griffo_94
20-03-2014, 11:36 AM
We havent yet, but gonna get a voltage meter and have a look at it all tonight, and go from there.

Well before Tuesday night, i only rode it once and the lights wouldn't come to life after i stalled it coming out of the driveway. Took her out for a little bit last night and it started first go, without hesitation