PDA

View Full Version : X-MEN III; Who's seen it?

Hornet
26-05-2006, 02:38 PM
I'm a HUGE fan, have been for years. Before the 1st movie, even. *gasp* :o

Anyway, I'm stuck out in the middle of nowhere (missed the opening :down: :() and I want to know who's seen it and is it any good?
Do they do justice to the 'Jean Grey/Pheonix' plot?
Are the new characters all they can be? :D
How many plot holes have you spotted?
Any other bits that you can tease me with?

NOTE: I don't want to know how it ends!!!
Just if it's as good as or better/worse than the first 2.

Cheers

Hornet.

ENVEE 2
26-05-2006, 02:48 PM
havent watched it yet, but already got on dvd...

Slice
26-05-2006, 03:19 PM
well im going to see it sunday but the jean grey/pheonix plot seems to be a side one with the main one being that a guy with a mutant son has created a "cure" for mutants and conflict ensues :P

Rhino
26-05-2006, 04:13 PM
Come to the MAD movie night (http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=20275&hl=mad+movie)... raise some funds and meet some peeps... and watch XMIII

cowgirl
29-05-2006, 12:36 PM
IVE SEEN IT!
hahahahahaha
was good, lol
im not much of a critic so thats all i really have to say!

chief wiggum
29-05-2006, 01:11 PM
IVE SEEN IT!
hahahahahaha
was good, lol
im not much of a critic so thats all i really have to say!
[/b]
worst movie review ever :D

cowgirl
29-05-2006, 01:25 PM
worst movie review ever :D
[/b]

shut up u!
i said it was good, what more can i say without ruining anything for anyone else!
jeez! :lol:

chief wiggum
29-05-2006, 01:32 PM
sorry, i'll crawl back under my rock now :(

cowgirl
29-05-2006, 01:34 PM
sorry, i'll crawl back under my rock now :(
[/b]

and so you should!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hornet
29-05-2006, 01:50 PM
POST WHORES!!!! Chiefy is even stalking Hoongirl in here!!!! :lol:

MODS - delete the bastards!!!! :lol: :lol:

I WILL be at the PSB Movie night (day, it's 12:40 or something), but I wanted to know what it was like. What some other fans thought of it. How it compared to the other 2.

But aside from Duke800ss saying they had it on DVD and not if it was any good, Slice telling me what I've already seen in the movie previews, Rhino telling me to come on a ride I've already said I was going on (in that thread) and Hoongirl and CW flirting/whoring in MY thread, NOONE HAS TOLD ME ANY BLOODY THING USEFUL!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Wintermute
29-05-2006, 02:09 PM
3 stars... very watchable (kinda sad in spots) but I don't think it'll be in the running for any oscars.... lots of pwetty explosions and general blowing stuff up. Lots of action scenes as well... and yeah... it may have been "the last stand" but you can see they've left the window open for another movie... probably titled "X-MEN 4...The Last Last Stand (honest!!!)"

snowman95
29-05-2006, 02:21 PM
<span style="font-family:Impact">Stay AFTER the credits have finished rolling at the end </span>

tlad
29-05-2006, 03:14 PM
<span style="font-family:Impact">Stay AFTER the credits have finished rolling at the end </span>
[/b]

I knew I shoulda, was busting for a wizz and had to bolt, "Gonna have to go see again, now"

As for review: It was OK. I used to collect Wolvies mags and am a big fan. I think they tried to put too much into it and so you got good breadth but little depth. A few cheap laughs which sadly cheapened the movie in some ways, but hey, it&#39;s still X-Men, it still rocks!

Hornet
29-05-2006, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the reviews, guys. :thumbsup: That&#39;s what I was after.

As for leaving it open for a 4th... I&#39;ve heard that Hugh Jackman&#39;s production company (that had a hand in this X-men) is going to produce a Wolverine off-shoot movie. There&#39;s also talk of other off-shoots, though I&#39;m not up on those.

cowgirl
29-05-2006, 05:38 PM
id just like to say... my name is not hoon girl.....
i am a hoon and i am a girl.... but my name isnt hoongirl
jeez!

ps... i know im post whoring

Hewie
30-05-2006, 12:07 PM
[/b]

:rolleyes:

Hornet
30-05-2006, 12:45 PM
id just like to say... my name is not hoon girl.....
i am a hoon and i am a girl.... but my name isnt hoongirl
jeez!
[/b]
Post whoring, pillion whoring... if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck... :lol:

:rolleyes:
[/b]
Yeh, Hewie, she knows, but still does it. :blink: What can you do?... hopeless case, I&#39;m afraid. :lol:

Any more reviews?????

XSorXpire
30-05-2006, 12:54 PM
Any more reviews?????
[/b]
I think your script is well worded.
You have left the ending open to a sequel.
I think their was an element of truth in your post
(Four stars)

Hornet
30-05-2006, 01:00 PM
I think your script is well word.
You have left the ending open to a sequel.
I think their was an element of truth in your post
(Four stars)
[/b]

Why, thankyou, XSorXpire. I value that review and will quote it in any future references to that comment -
**** (four stars) - XSorXspire; comment critic.[/b] :D
I left it open for a reason, though I&#39;m not sure she&#39;ll understand it.

Gresh
31-05-2006, 09:07 AM
I saw it last night and was really disappointed. I&#39;m not totally down with the force when it comes to x-men but I used to read them and am pretty sure they got the script people from Pearl Harbour in to just MAKE SHIT UP for this movie. Why would you do that when there is such a rich back story that heaps of people love?

And I&#39;m pretty sure the Scott/Jean Gray thing was completely raped in this movie, but Im off to wikipedia now to get my story straight

Pkunk
31-05-2006, 12:46 PM
its shit

they just shat on the series

so many glaring retarded bits

wah wah wah wah

i laughed most of the way through ;)

cowgirl
05-06-2006, 05:03 PM

Why, thankyou, XSorXpire. I value that review and will quote it in any future references to that comment - :D
I left it open for a reason, though I&#39;m not sure she&#39;ll understand it.
[/b]

lol, how do u know me so well?!?!?!
i read it and i was like... i dont get it, scrolled down and saw that!
jeez!