PDA

View Full Version : 250 with petrol leak, crnr of Kenwick link and Albany hwy

Sn0wcr45h
30-03-2017, 04:08 PM
Hey all, got a Honda 250 Repsol with a petrol leak on corner of Kenwick link and Albany highway, just across from Bunnings. Chinese guy, English not so good. Anyone around that can help him get his bike home to willeton?
[REMOVED number]
I'll be here for next 15 minutes, just trying to help a fellow rider out.

Sn0wcr45h
30-03-2017, 04:15 PM
Ok, so, opened the tank and I could see fuel... So I started her up, which was fine. Then, as I gave a little throttle, she began to choke, and dumped fuel like she pissed herself... Any ideas what the problems might be?

potato
30-03-2017, 04:24 PM
try Ken at motorcycle ambulance

he might be available 0408958557

[to get it home or to a mech ]

Sn0wcr45h
30-03-2017, 04:35 PM
I'm getting him to ride slowly to my house in Gosnells... Staying in first and no throttle... Hoping he can make it, I'll try storing it overnight

BusaSteve
30-03-2017, 06:57 PM
Good on you ...hope all went well....carbed bike??? sunk/stuck float/s

Water pig
30-03-2017, 08:26 PM
Sounds like a stuck needle and seat or float that's sunk. Try giving the float bowl ( bottom of carb) a tap with a hammer sometimes it frees a sticking part up. Top work on helping a stranger out

Sn0wcr45h
31-03-2017, 08:36 AM
Quick update... he never made it to the house, bike ran out of fuel on way there.. managed to talk to a local car mechanic as he was shutting up for the evening, and had the bike stored in there over night.
He'll arrange today to have the bike moved. gave him a ride to his work after also... Guy was just not having much luck. Hes a chef at the local chinese (tang palace) but his english wasnt very good. new father too, by the looks of the little baby in his mrs' car wen she rocked up tpo translate.

ill pass on the comments about the stuck needle/sunk float to his Mrs, hoping they can get a good mechanic to sort it for them.

filbert
31-03-2017, 11:59 AM
Didn't have the fuel tap turned to prime did he?

Sn0wcr45h
31-03-2017, 12:53 PM
don't think there's a fuel tap on the newer 250s, is there? even if there was, dont think he'd know about it himself to have been messing with it.

Its one of those baby repsols...

Sent a text to his mrs to see if they managed to get things sorted, apparently getting it picked up around 2pm to take to a mech at cannington. hoping it works out for them...