PDA

View Full Version : Inside Cover 20th June.....

Bulbous
20-06-2006, 08:05 AM
I thought the story this morning was interesting - bloke complaining about the speed cameras being hidden on Canning Highway and snapping vehicles from the rear, then the article finishes with the classic line - "at least the camera snapped some motorcycles rear numberplates as they raced to their deaths".....

Love the irony of complaining about the way things are being done, more than likely because he got caught as well, then saying at least someone else got done like they should...... gotta love the sour grapes..... :no:

FJ Steve
20-06-2006, 08:11 AM
And Bulbous, that is the continuing social battle we have as fellow road users. We really need that awareness campaign a la Victoria.

Any more info on the impending get together Grunt....errr Grant Dorrington?

Steve

Bulbous
20-06-2006, 08:15 AM
Haven't heard so far, but the mentality that "If i do it, it is fine, but if someone else does it, it is not on" is getting to be far more prevalent these days...... "Not in my back yard" is becoming another catch cry where people want the benefits of something, but are not willing to pay the price......

In this case, if you want bikes caught so badly, why complain when the same system catches you out too? :rolleyes:

chief wiggum
20-06-2006, 08:20 AM
yeah, just read that myself, was about to go and scan and post it. what a dick. the camera was pretty well hidden too

dugy
20-06-2006, 12:42 PM
*puts rego disc on car*

rod
20-06-2006, 06:06 PM
I think the guy could live close to where the camera was set up (white pages). Some old coots just don't like motorbikes full stop, I guess he's one of them - plus he don't like the current government or something either. Not too crash hot on it all at a conceptual level though :lol:

sorry I did double post in the other section

Jonchilds
21-06-2006, 10:06 AM
*puts rego disc on car*
[/b]

Or you could go get a towball if your numberplate sits nice and low...

rgvlee
21-06-2006, 10:11 AM
Or you could go get a towball if your numberplate sits nice and low...
[/b]

Love to see you try to explain how the towball accidentally slipped over the number plate :rolleyes:

Jonchilds
21-06-2006, 11:21 AM
Love to see you try to explain how the towball accidentally slipped over the number plate :rolleyes:
[/b]

Next VL that drives past with a towbar, you'll probably find the rear plate obstructed, or the ball removed so as to not obstruct the plate...

Had a mate get fined for having an obstructed number plate in his VL years ago (before this whole rear facing debacle), because they couldn't pin anything else on him.

rgvlee
21-06-2006, 11:34 AM
Yeah, I know, it was a joke.

gytr_r1
21-06-2006, 12:48 PM
Or figure out how this is done :ph34r:

THIS (http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=21806&view=findpost&p=272245)