PDA

View Full Version : I HATE SCHOOL ZONES

Enigma
21-06-2006, 03:59 PM
I FUCKING HATE SCHOOL ZONES

I just got done doing 63 in a school zone! 150 bucks and three demerits

i don't mind so much paying the fine, but the demerits on top is just a bit much in my books. Also i don't really aggree with the whole school zone idea, children are not stupid educate them and they will check before they cross the road - 63 km/h is not a fast speed.

nipPs
21-06-2006, 04:05 PM
dunno about the rest of it but I HATE SCHOOL ZONES too!
i got done the other day 57 in a 40 zone -$100- 1 demerit
SPEW!!!
was on hay st in the city (near victoria ave) about 9am
-just a heads up - the cops have been out there with the hair dryers about 3 times this week around 9am so watch out...

*oops edit
i should mention i didnt know it was a school zone!!!!!!! i didnt see the sign!!
im not into running down kiddies!!

Fastgirl
21-06-2006, 04:11 PM
ARE U FUKING KIDDING ME?

HAVE U SEEN A KID GET HIT AT 63KM????

WHICH WOULD YOU REGRET MORE? HITTING A KID, OR LOSING YOUR PRECIOUS DEMERIT POINTS?

THINK BEFORE U POST SHIT LIKE THAT.

shrike
21-06-2006, 04:13 PM
They're there for a reason, and I for one think they're a bloody good idea.

Too many kids act on impulse rather than think things through, so will happily go running through traffic without looking and without thinking twice about things.

40km/h gives drivers a chance to have a quicker relative reaction time and slow down/stop quicker and is also (I believe) the generally accepted maximum speed a pedestrian can be hit by a car and still survive.

I do agree that the time-based speed limit is a bit lame - especially on a bike, but... how else would you do it?

ARE U FUKING KIDDING ME?

WHICH WOULD YOU REGRET MORE? HITTING A KID, OR LOSING YOUR PRECIOUS DEMERIT POINTS?

THINK BEFORE U POST SHIT LIKE THAT.
[/b]

Spoken like a true parent :D

lee
21-06-2006, 04:14 PM
my only opinion is that in other states they have flashing lights on the signs when it IS a school zone

quite often i dont know exactly what the fucking time is and if its a 'school zone', if they spent 20 bux on a flashing light on top i'd have no issues what so ever with schoolzones

dugy
21-06-2006, 04:16 PM
^^WSS^^

I slow down anyway around school zones, bus shelters, shops.
I'd rather take an extra 10sec to get home than ever have to live with hitting a kid.
No matter how stupid the kid might be.
Also slow down due to dodging Mum's in cars most of whom are yelling at thier kids rather than head checking before pulling out.

That and I don't want my car or bike getting damaged. :ph34r:

Plus then you&#39;d have to sue the kid or their <strike>owner</strike> parents...

Mungus
21-06-2006, 04:26 PM
Sorry folks, but no sympathy here for people getting done in a school zone. For Christs sake, the kindy kids are only 3 or 4 years old. The slower the better through those areas, we all know the rules.

XSorXpire
21-06-2006, 04:27 PM
If a child runs across the road without looking, It is dumb, run it over.
If a mother picking up her child from school is yelling at it from the moment she see&#39;s it. She is dumb, run her over.
If you speed in a 40kph zone, you have survived childhood. Well done.

Scribble
21-06-2006, 04:36 PM
I&#39;ve been done in the cage before for doing 63km/h in a "40" zone. at 2:39 when the zone started at 2:30!. I like the idea of primary school zones etc, but this was outside a highschool. I beleive highschool kids should know better.

But then again some people beleive some stupid things :unsure:

Pkunk
21-06-2006, 04:38 PM
yeah sorry you are gonna get flamed on about the school zone thing

yeah 110 vs 100 on the freeway... not much differece there... probably not that much more "unsafe".

Now 40 vs 60 in a school zone, again probably not "unsafe" but dealing with kids around roads is a recipe for disaster. THEY GODDAM RUN ACROSS THE ROAD WITHOUT LOOKING :angry: :angry:

So to combat this sort of stuff, i SUPPORT FORCING EVERYONE TO TRAVEL AT AN UNREASONABLY SLOW SPEED.

I nearly hit a kid in my car because she decided to cross the road without looking. Because i had to slow down a bit earlier for another car turning, i was travelling damn slow .... if not i probably would have taken the corner at 50-60km/h or so with no chance of stopping in time (i managed to stop with maybe 1 metre to spare).

In summation, its only 3 demerit points, hopefully you suck it up and SLOW THE FUCK DOWN

Maxo
21-06-2006, 04:47 PM
ive got an issue with school crossings across dual carriageways or busy roads. period.

The fine isnt unfair at all, If its a quiet suburban street outside a kindy, then 40 is only 10 lower than usual.. no biggie, wear the fine.

getting ripped 6 points on double demerits for not wearing a seatbelt when driving in a carpark is a completely different story. then you can winge.

Barfridge
21-06-2006, 05:05 PM
I fully support 40km/h school zones. It gives you that little bit of extra time to line up the little bastards.

chief wiggum
21-06-2006, 05:11 PM
i live about 75metres from a school. my kids go to that school. it&#39;s not uncommon to see fuckwits come flying down the hill towards the school, doing 70, 80, 90kph, straight at a 90degree blind corner. i&#39;ve seen idiot parents doing u-turns in cars full of kids about 20metres past that blind corner. what do you reckon&#39;s gonna happen when you combine the two? or some kid decides they&#39;re just going to wander across the road from behind a parked car. kids do not have a friggin clue about road safety, no matter how much they&#39;re told, it&#39;s just a fact of life. and from what i&#39;ve seen, quite a few adults dont have much of clue either, the way they drive, park, and generally carry on around schools at opening/closing time. i know as well as anyone how hard it is to stick to the limit in school zones, but basically, i have no sympathy for you. just cop it on the chin and learn your lesson.

thro
21-06-2006, 05:24 PM
Also i don&#39;t really aggree with the whole school zone idea, children are not stupid educate them and they will check before they cross the road - 63 km/h is not a fast speed.
[/b]

I don&#39;t agree with vehicular manslaughter charges, let the biker figure out to keep out the way of traffic...

Erm.

They&#39;re *kids*. If they get hit by a car, they&#39;re not likely to get much of a chance to learn from the experience, are they?

I hate doing 40km/h as much as anyone, but we were all kids once - and we all start out stupid and feeling invincible - please have a little respect/courtesy....

63km/h is not that much faster than 40km/h ... by speeding through the short school zone, you probably cut what... a good 15 seconds off your trip?

:blink:

edit:
I don&#39;t have kids, quite possibly won&#39;t have kids.... i&#39;m not good with kids. However, I don&#39;t see why some innocent little kid should be put in any more danger than absolutely necessary just because someone is impatient...

If the school zones bother you that much, then avoid them....

Mattis
21-06-2006, 05:32 PM
meh, I have two school zones which I have to go through to get home and I usually go through them every day I go to work ( finish at 3pm, start at 3pm or finish at 7am and my journey to or from work takes 30 mins).

It doesn&#39;t really bother me that much, except I don&#39;t think the cops should be pinging people for speeding when they are only slightly over the limit and it is clear there are no kids around.

OZY
21-06-2006, 05:32 PM

i don&#39;t mind so much paying the fine, but the demerits on top is just a bit much in my books. Also i don&#39;t really aggree with the whole school zone idea, children are not stupid educate them and they will check before they cross the road - 63 km/h is not a fast speed.
[/b]

IF YOU HAD HIT A CHILD AT 63 KMS , and the child died !!!!! DO YOU THINK IT WOULD HAVE COST
YOU MORE THAN $150 AND 3X POINTS ............. <_<

i know one thing if you had killed a kid YOU WOULD NOT BE POSTING THAT COMPLAINT !!!!!

ozy

CB Boy
21-06-2006, 05:48 PM
deleted

chief wiggum
21-06-2006, 05:50 PM
a mate of mine killed someone on the road, accidentally, cos the the other driver was being an idiot. that really fucked his head up, and it wasn&#39;t even his fault. whattya reckon it would do to your head if YOU killed a kid because YOU were being an idiot?

TurboR1
21-06-2006, 06:11 PM
I enjoy the 40 KPH zone, gives you a chance to line the little fuckers up.

Lets face it 80% of them were the result of an unwanted pregnancy, and if they are really young it&#39;s not like you had THAT much time to get to know them.

Hey... by the time they have finished all their schooling imagine the house prices that they would have to face, you&#39;re really doing them a favour.

*waits for the backlash*

Maxo
21-06-2006, 06:13 PM
what about bringing in an abortion zone just after the school zones?

that would relieve tension.

jason
21-06-2006, 06:21 PM
i completely support the school zones, even before my daughter was born (shes only 4 months old now, so quite some time to go yet til school starts)

seen the aftermath of 2 kids being hit by one car, not the drivers fault, was 2 kids messing about and ran onto the road and were hit at what was reported to have been 64km/hr

40km/hr would have done them some damage too, 64km/hr one kid didnt make it the other paraplegic.

the flashing lights are a great idea, there is a school in murdoch with them.

i live 100metres from the local school and during the week i ride slowly to and from work past there as kids start earlier than the 7:30am time slot and are still there leaving after 4:30p, kids play sport near most schools and the majority of schools host osme sort of after school activity etc.

kids need the help, as do the oldies

i think there need to be larger signs and more of them regarding the school zones, so we dont get caught out.

Enigma
21-06-2006, 06:39 PM
i&#39;m sorry i was still fuming when i wrote that post

i should clarify -
i got pinged outside a highschool (highschool kids can cross the road safely)

and i fully aggree with 40 zones outside primary schools on quiet roads, i don&#39;t however on dual carriageways on a main road (children SHOULD NOT cross there anyway)

also i was under the impression that i had passed the scool zone when i was pinged

Pete
21-06-2006, 06:40 PM
Hey if you didn&#39;t see the sign before no amount of flashing lights are gonna make you see it unless u

OPEN YOUR FUCKING EYES.

There is no excuse for speeding in a school zone. Next time someone pulls out on you and says "i didn&#39;t see you" are you gonna put a flashing light on your head.

Dyno
21-06-2006, 06:43 PM
I think 40 limits in school zones are fair enough because kids being kids don&#39;t think.

sathid
21-06-2006, 07:16 PM
my only opinion is that in other states they have flashing lights on the signs when it IS a school zone

quite often i dont know exactly what the fucking time is and if its a &#39;school zone&#39;, if they spent 20 bux on a flashing light on top i&#39;d have no issues what so ever with schoolzones

[/b]
exactly what I was going to say. there are a couple (i think theres one on high rd) in perth that have flashing lights. driving through at 5 past 4, and wondering if your watch is fast, or if it&#39;s ok to do 60.

One that kinda does annoy me is on welshpool rd (wattle grove primary I think)
shouldn&#39;t be ANY kids crossing that road anyway.

It always amazes me tho, the things some kids do. Absolutely no common sense. That said, I know plenty of people my own age who do that too.

griffin
21-06-2006, 07:38 PM
Feel free to hate them as much as you want.
Do the speed limit through them...no need to lose money or demerits.
Easy peasy Japanesey.

Jonchilds
21-06-2006, 07:40 PM
What&#39;s always suprised me is that Beaufort St outside of Perth College isn&#39;t a 40kph zone. Quite a regular occurence to have a chick jump out infront of me on the bike.

Then again, I&#39;ve had that happen in northbridge, and almost come off when I was doing 30kph around a corner...

Cbr1k
21-06-2006, 07:57 PM
It is proven medical fact that until the brain is fully developed around the age of 18 our brain just doesn&#39;t process sights from our peripheral vision properly. To a kid that car or bike just doesn&#39;t register even though its has appeared in their field of vision..

I am the worst person for obeying speed signs but even I can manage to do 40kph through a school zone for a few hundred metres.

It really isn&#39;t much to ask. Ya f**ked up. Cop it sweet.

lee
21-06-2006, 08:03 PM
Hey if you didn&#39;t see the sign before no amount of flashing lights are gonna make you see it unless u

OPEN YOUR FUCKING EYES.

There is no excuse for speeding in a school zone. Next time someone pulls out on you and says "i didn&#39;t see you" are you gonna put a flashing light on your head.
[/b]

no spanner, not missing the signs completely, not knowing when is officially &#39;school zoned&#39; and when isnt.

j00lz
21-06-2006, 08:23 PM
I too got done the other day for doing 65 in a school zone... It was 7:45am and I could clearly see there were no kids around. The only living thing around was a cop, but I didn&#39;t see him because he was hiding behind a friggin tree. Lucky he didn&#39;t jump out in front of me, I might have run him over :D

But seriously - I could clearly see the "40" signs everywhere, so when I got pulled over I knew it was nobody else&#39;s fault but mine... I guess having kids helps me get a slightly different perspective on the zero-tolerance approach that is currently being taken around schools. :)

Jonchilds
21-06-2006, 08:28 PM
I have heard that in Tasmania, school zones are school zones 24/7 - that&#39;s 40kph at midnight on a saturday - Just to save any confusion.

PHOBiA
21-06-2006, 08:54 PM
I hate the inconsistancy of school signs.

Take Ocean reef road with Belrige High on one side. It&#39;s not defined as a school zone.
I got done driving up a hill at 7:45 with sunlight in my eyes, can&#39;t see the sign on Hutton st. I was doing 55 because I couldn&#39;t see shit, I didn&#39;t even see the cop until the last minute. Now Hutton is exactly like Ocean Reef road.. Dual carriage way with school on one side..

go figure. Revenue raising in my opinion. If they did have some flashing light I&#39;d be sure to have seen it.
To top it off the cop told me I should have seen the 40km written on the road.. so he admitted that it was almost impossible to see the sign with the sunlight in your eyes.

Ninjosh
21-06-2006, 09:10 PM
Fence the kids in, at places where they&#39;re hard to see, like around car parks =)

I&#39;m all for the 40km/h and all, but the times really suck ass. When the afternoon school zone time starts, its just as likely for a kid to come out as say 12pm, which would probably be due to sickness or something? Isolate the damn cars parked near them insteaddd~

Daise
21-06-2006, 09:49 PM
I support school zones, kids are taught from a young age to stay away from traffic, so when it&#39;s time to negotiate traffic, they have little or no idea. I just hope that one day when you do hve kids, your mentality will change.

When I was a kid I used to cross Albany Hwy near Brookton Hwy to get to my primary school (year4-5), without traffic wardens or lights. Scary stuff :blink:

Oh, and to those who joke about running over kids - don&#39;t. I have been in an accident where we&#39;ve hit someone on the road, and it sure as hell isn&#39;t a nice experience. It was 2 years ago and I still get nightmares :(

Rhino
21-06-2006, 10:03 PM

i don&#39;t mind so much paying the fine, but the demerits on top is just a bit much in my books. Also i don&#39;t really aggree with the whole school zone idea, children are not stupid educate them and they will check before they cross the road - 63 km/h is not a fast speed.
[/b]
In the words of Sam Newman.

YOU IDIOT.

That&#39;s all.

Crimmo
21-06-2006, 10:10 PM

OPEN YOUR FUCKING EYES.

[/b]

nah sorry mate thats bullshit. i agree completely with the school zone speed limits for obvious and already stated reasons, but the main problem is seing and knowing when ur in a school zone at the right time.

ive been stung with the 3 demerits and $150 for speeding in a school zone. it was 8:55 and the wardens were already hiding in their cars, with no kids in sight. as i was paying attention to traffic and sticking on the 60km/h limit i didnt realise it was school time.

a flashing sign would have changed this. simple as that. they will be here, but they are taking a while to get off their arses and get it done arent they.... :wacko:

Daise
21-06-2006, 10:30 PM
Pleading ignorance to the judge won&#39;t save your ass.

Dingo
21-06-2006, 11:14 PM
Ive seen one little kid knocked down by a car on a residential back street (impact ~ 25kph), and seen a high school kid knocked over outside the high school (impact approx 60kph) 100m away from my old place. Not Good things to see (or hear :( ). Neither were the drivers fault, because kids are unpredictable and as adults it up to us to look out for them.

They are kids, and whilst i would&#39;nt cotton wool mine, they still need protection.

-J-
21-06-2006, 11:42 PM

[/b]

FOR LACK OF A BETTER WORD........ SHUT THE @#$% UP

IF I WAS YOU I&#39;D BE HAPPY WITH f$%$ING FINE AND GET OVER IT

Kids are not stupid (especially mine) and it has been proven that they have tunnell vision ie: forget to look before crossing the road, cause their minds are quite at the development that yours should be.

My advice Get the F%^K over it, suck it up and start acting like an Adult

I dont mean to sound like an arsehole but I have a kid and god forbid any bastard ever hit her cause they were speeding through a school zone

dugy
21-06-2006, 11:50 PM
Question:

Is it actually possible for people on PSB to have a difference of opinion without abusing each other?

Ice
21-06-2006, 11:55 PM
Question:

Is it actually possible for people on PSB to have a difference of opinion without abusing each other?
[/b]
Answer:

Apparently not.

I have heard that in Tasmania, school zones are school zones 24/7 - that&#39;s 40kph at midnight on a saturday - Just to save any confusion.
[/b]
You see, Tasmanians are really dumb illiterates who can&#39;t read either the times on the signs or their watches so they need 24/7 school zones.
I hope you were joking - If not, you should stop listening to whoever told you that. ;)

Kids are just as unpredictable on quiet roads as they are on highways.
Its&#39; been covered - I won&#39;t bother repeating what others have covered quite succinctly!

Maxo
21-06-2006, 11:55 PM
Is it actually possible for people on PSB to have a difference of opinion without abusing each other?[/b]

yeah wtf you going to do about it dickhead? your an idiot
obviously you dont read POSTS ENOUGH!

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

:teehee:

Barfridge
21-06-2006, 11:57 PM
no dugy, it isn&#39;t possible, you moron! :P

One thing is quite clear about this thread, you can spot the parents a mile off.

Pete
22-06-2006, 12:21 AM
nah sorry mate thats bullshit. i agree completely with the school zone speed limits for obvious and already stated reasons, but the main problem is seing and knowing when ur in a school zone at the right time.
[/b]

I dont get it the times are on the sign. If you dont see the sign which is reflective and stationary, what hope do you have of seeing a kid stepping out from behind a car.

Sean'o
22-06-2006, 01:28 AM
Get pinged for speeding..tough shit..get over it...get done in a school zone...sucked in they have signs, didnt see the sign as your defence, they should book ya for negligent driving as well or take ya lisence away coz ya blind...but wait...as someone said in an earlier post they got done coz they couldnt see the sign as the sun was in thier eyes so they continued on at 55k&#39;s, so obviously its safe to travel at 55 if your blind!.....idiot!

Fucken hell, speed limits are law, break the law and get caught ya pay the penalty. If ya wanna sook about it do it to a mirror coz no one else gives a fuck

sabre1
22-06-2006, 01:32 AM
you could put flashing lights pink elephants and ferris wheels to get someones attention but if they dont look guess what

yep I am a parent 2 lovely daughters who go to primary school and yep on one side is the school zone 40kph AND 2 lollypop men for the kiddies and parents to cross the busy street , yep there are signs saying school zone and in big yellow letters on the road it says 40 kph

why am I explaining all this easy 3 months ago while picking up the 2 things that mean the world to me there was an almighty screech of brakes then the sickening dull thud of something soft being hit by something hard

you guessed it some moron who wasnt paying attention just skittled a kid right on the crosswalk with the lollypop men trying to stop traffic

now I kept my kids away so they couldnt see there was enough adults there to do what was needed I rang an ambo kid screaming in pain lying on the road people around her trying to comfort her and make sure she ok till the ambulance gets there

what do you do drag the driver out and lynch them on the spot as they definitly WERENT doing 40kph

me personally hurt either of my 2 precious bundles and I will kill you where you stand without a second thought as would any parent me I wouldnt just think about it

until your a parent you dont realise what kids know and dont know
mine are 4 and 6 both know to look both ways before crossing the street and to walk not run but guess what sometimes they forget and dont look and do run out luckily the school were they go has a quiet street I park in to offload and load them so its not as hectic but still those days they "forget "and run a chill goes thru my spine and all I can do is grab them or shout for them to stop and wait

I have been in the truck going past high schools and had them run out or not look before stepping out on the road and I glad I doing LESS than fourty usually 30 thru the school zone as sometimes over 3 tonne is hard to stop

I have seen the aftermath of children being hit by cars and I have seen idiots race thru schoolzones like it doesnt apply to them I posted here a couple months back about a squid doing over 110kph thru a schoolzone on a kwaka as kids were leaving for the day

the sorrow and regret you would have to live with IF you hit a child is not worth that extra 10 kph or that extra 5 minutes to get to work on time better to arrive late then not arrive at all

over 20 years I been in tow trucks and the one thing I wont attend is accidents with kids involved

you wont get sympathy from parents of kids here nor will you get it from people with an ounce of common sense

think of it this way when YOU have children of your own and they go to school and you see people do these things how are YOU going to react to it

XSorXpire
22-06-2006, 01:47 AM
I was run over by an old italian in a kingswood when i was two years old. It gave me a black eye and broke the back of my skull. Just above my neck, right side.
He would come in and pray over my bed every day.

I ran out in front of his car coz my sister was on the other side of the road and our family friends were on my side. Zoom splat.

I was on my way home from church.

You can tell by my posts i suffered brain trauma.....

Foofie Foofie
22-06-2006, 01:51 AM
ARE U FUKING KIDDING ME?
[/b]

NO I HAVENT , BUT I BET YOU HAVE A VIDEO LINK OF IT ?

Hahahha , i think your caps button is stuck Col :)

In all honesty, i support the 40 zones, i dont mind em. Kids can be silly, and they will allways do silly things. Only just last week i was riding with ADHD Kev and we rode thru a 40 zone on a street i would have much preferd to ride across on the rear wheel and standing on the pegs .... instead i was doing like 43kph and some primary school kids (like yr4) waved to me so i was waving back and i look up, and mr Plod on a radar at us ..... gives us the nod and no hass. A little understanding and no hass. I also CANNOT stand drivers or riders that actually go super fast in these scenarios ..... they should be beaten down. Even when not in a scool zone if im doing something silly on the road , a roller or a whelie, i see kids i back off there and then and roll past gently ready to slam the anchors on ... 40 zone or not.

HOWEVER, shit we never had that in our day , were here. Soon we shall need foam pits under monkey bars, tree&#39;s will have to have spikes around the upper part of the trunk so they cant be climbed and kerbs will have to be blended to the asphalt so no kid stubs a toe. Matter of fact "kid" is a bad word aswell , shouldnt it be more politically correct like little people short on age ? :)

Ugh. We didnt need "this bag may suffocate a child" labels on bags when we were kids. You watch your mate go purple and hit the floor like a wet log as his brain goes into away mode, and you juts know ..... DONT PULL TAHT BAG OVER YOUR HEAD !

Question:

[/b]

Dugy, No . Its call the bandwagon. See one person posts a opinion, thats the leader, and the bandwagon jumps in from that. A bandwagon user will use words such as dickhead, wanker, asshole, fuckwit, fucktard and so on, because he or she is fully aware there are others infront of him or her in the bandwagon, and others behind who will yet post, and agree with his or her 2c opinion (when we live in a 5c society where you cannot get a 2c coin unless you have a HQ and pull the seats out for a carpet swap), and feel comfortable in numbers to abuse and insult someone.

XSorXpire
22-06-2006, 02:28 AM
Dugy, No . Its call the bandwagon. See one person posts a opinion, thats the leader, and the bandwagon jumps in from that. A bandwagon user will use words such as dickhead, wanker, asshole, fuckwit, fucktard and so on, because he or she is fully aware there are others infront of him or her in the bandwagon, and others behind who will yet post, and agree with his or her 2c opinion (when we live in a 5c society where you cannot get a 2c coin unless you have a HQ and pull the seats out for a carpet swap), and feel comfortable in numbers to abuse and insult someone.
[/b]
It&#39;s not a bandwagon you dickhead it&#39;s a motorbike forum. I dont hear no music. See no instruments. All i see is more tools than a mechanics workshop. What kind wanker are you. One of them bird whistling cage drivering assholes or something. Why would i swap the vinyl in my kingswood for some ansty pansty fuckwit carpet. Real men dont need carpet we need pies and ya cant wipe a pie off the carpet.
Besides i need a new hood ornament and i reckon one of them new ostralians would look good on the bonnet of my black kingswood (with the statesman front end and the GTS badges).
What do you fucktards reckon?

Sean'o
22-06-2006, 02:35 AM
It&#39;s not a bandwagon you dickhead it&#39;s a motorbike forum. I dont hear no music. See no instruments. All i see is more tools than a mechanics workshop. What kind wanker are you. One of them bird whistling cage drivering assholes or something. Why would i swap the vinyl in my kingswood for some ansty pansty fuckwit carpet. Real men dont need carpet we need pies and ya cant wipe a pie off the carpet.
Besides i need a new hood ornament and i reckon one of them new ostralians would look good on the bonnet of my black kingswood (with the statesman front end and the GTS badges).
[/b]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hornet
22-06-2006, 09:32 AM
If a child runs across the road without looking, It is dumb, run it over.
If a mother picking up her child from school is yelling at it from the moment she see&#39;s it. She is dumb, run her over.
If you speed in a 40kph zone, you have survived childhood. Well done.
[/b]

[/b]

INSIDE voice, XS. Inside voice.
Personally, I think one of the silliest locations is on Scarb Beach Road, heading towards the beach, just as you crest the 2nd last hill near the police station opposite the Video Ezy. One little 40 zone, on a 4 lane, busy, major road. But I see it, and depending on the time, I do 40 (maybe 45). The amount of cars that pass me is phenomenal.
I agree that at certain times, there should be flashing lights there. Turn them on when the 40 zone applies. That&#39;s why they put them 100m back from traffic lights that are about to change... they get your attention. A moving object (alternating flashing lights) works better than a stationery sign.

9zero
22-06-2006, 09:43 AM
I really am blown away that someone would whinge about being done in a school zone - its a damn shame someone didnt beat the shit out of you, the way you came on and posted this leads me to a question

do you still have a full set of teeth?

Rhino
22-06-2006, 11:03 AM
Dugy, No . Its call the bandwagon.
[/b]
Fuck I&#39;m tired of people screaming "Bandwagon".

Whether we like it or not, society has rules.

Break them... deal with it.

Post a pathetic whinge... deal with it.

Yeah, what the hell are we thinking trying to protect children? :rolleyes:

Foofie Foofie
22-06-2006, 11:29 AM
[/b]

Bandwagon.

Here ya go ....

http://www.goldeneagleracing.com/photos29/kleenex.jpg

Bandwagon .

vbroom
22-06-2006, 12:05 PM
what the softest tissue

in the bathroom you can issue

why its softest softext kleenex for sure!

kleenex is economical

its sales are astronomical

buy kleenex at your favourite store!

Scoundrel
22-06-2006, 12:58 PM
[/b]

http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-bandwagon.gif

BANDWAGON

BANDWAGON

BANDWAGON

wombat39
22-06-2006, 01:53 PM
let me guess - this post started as a troll....

well it worked!!!

Crimmo
22-06-2006, 02:47 PM
Pleading ignorance to the judge won&#39;t save your ass.
[/b]

obviosuly not, and i dont expect it to. i copped it sweet, as the rules are there laid out. theres no point arguing against them in this case, especially when they are more than reasonable.

Its just about awareness.I bet a shitload of ppl out there get fined speeding in a school zone, just because they werent aware of the times/location. With the number of bullshit unimportant signs that litter the sides of our roads, its no wonder we dont pay attention to most of em.

I dont get it the times are on the sign. If you dont see the sign which is reflective and stationary, what hope do you have of seeing a kid stepping out from behind a car.
[/b]

so you watch signs to make sure they have seen you and wont try to cross the road? :teehee: theres much more important things to be focusing on, ones that will cause u to crash.

if you go through the area every day theres no excuse to be unaware that its a school zone, but due to the times it can get a little bit tricky for your subconcious to pick up. even moreso if u (like me) have a irregular schedule and pass through the area at different times each day.

certainly if ur riding in a new area u could miss a school zone too.

lee
22-06-2006, 03:18 PM
you could put flashing lights pink elephants and ferris wheels to get someones attention but if they dont look guess what

yep I am a parent 2 lovely daughters who go to primary school and yep on one side is the school zone 40kph AND 2 lollypop men for the kiddies and parents to cross the busy street , yep there are signs saying school zone and in big yellow letters on the road it says 40 kph
[/b]

Alot of people have misinterpreted my comment (I started the idea of flashing lights.. well, the idea of bringing them over from victoria)

So there is no confusion, I&#39;m not saying they&#39;ll make me notice more signs

I notice every school zone, what I have a problem with is knowing if its 9:35 or 9:30. Especially when I&#39;m riding, as a clock isn&#39;t easily accessible, and I don&#39;t wear a watch while riding anymore (increase injury risks in stacks).

Although I agree with vigilance all the time around school zones, I still think it should be a little more obvious than a few times on a sign that don&#39;t mean anything to me (I don&#39;t have kids, and as such don&#39;t memorise when school zones times are)

Although I am a hoon, I take care around the youngins. I think everyone who quoted me about the flashing lights had the same idea in mind as me

Pete
22-06-2006, 05:33 PM
I notice every school zone, what I have a problem with is knowing if its 9:35 or 9:30. Especially when I&#39;m riding, as a clock isn&#39;t easily accessible, and I don&#39;t wear a watch while riding anymore (increase injury risks in stacks).[/b]

Remember this old saying "If in doubt"

-J-
22-06-2006, 05:47 PM
^^^WHS^^^ best way to save a ticket misery etc is to just go forty if
your unsure what time it is....

BTW school zones are from 0730- 0900 and from 14:30 - 16:00

And I am not on the hypothetical bandwagon, I have no fear of what
I have to say, and yes I am a parent and so yes that does make me
more aware, but I read about people getting shitty when a cage hits them and
says "Oh I didnt&#39;t see you", because they are not looking for you are they??
Same applies with kids. For the people who do not have kids the majority of them
MAY not think of looking out for them, thats why I beleive a school zone was created.

And yes the kids are "gated in " during school hours so clowns like me and
you can speed if they want to, these times are only ment to be for when the
kids are comming to and leaving school.

While I agree people have there own opinions about how they feel about certains matters
(kudows), my personal opinion is that if you break the law and you get caught (no matter what
it is) then suck it up and take it like a "man", dont complain cause officer bloggs caught you doing some&#39;n
wrong cause it would have caught you if u werent doing it some&#39;n wrong in the first place

End

J

lee
22-06-2006, 06:07 PM
Remember this old saying "If in doubt"
[/b]

Although I agree with vigilance all the time around school zones, I still think it should be a little more obvious than a few times on a sign that don&#39;t mean anything to me (I don&#39;t have kids, and as such don&#39;t memorise when school zones times are)

Although I am a hoon, I take care around the youngins. I think everyone who quoted me about the flashing lights had the same idea in mind as me
[/b]

mystery
22-06-2006, 11:11 PM
I failed my first 250cc test for speeding in a school zone, 5 mins before it finished.

Test dude was riding behind me, I paid a bit too much attention to my mirrors to see his indicators and missed the sign. Saw the school and slowed down, but too late.

Bummer.

Cool story, huh?
:)

FaceThePower
23-06-2006, 12:29 AM
I agree that school zones are there for a good reason. I also agree with the idea of a flashing light for school zones during the restricted speed hours. It is more visible and indicate a school day. People without kids do not know school days vs school holidays so they take the sign less seriously or do not take notice of the restricted speed times.

chief wiggum
23-06-2006, 08:45 AM
if it makes you feel any better, superintendant duane bell who will be in charge of the perth police district next month, got pionged in a school zone recently. his excuse was that he was driving down a stretch of road he normally drives, but was a few minutes later than normal. but stiff shit, he got done anyway. according to the worst australian that is

sathid
23-06-2006, 09:28 AM
:rolleyes:

no wonder we have wars in this world...lol