PDA

View Full Version : Mad Dog Super Hybrid Train Surfer

Gippo
10-04-2018, 10:20 AM
Yer so the news is a few days old and the condemnation from authorities was swift.

https://youtu.be/8o4G0Y8mWpo

Yep, I agree this bloke was abit loose or very bored to try this on, knowing there is no dress rehearsal's for a ripper 1 timer that could go wrong in so many ways so quickly.

This guy does need a proper pineapple. Which is a shame. Such awesomeness goes punished because of the potential for copycat dumbshits killing themselves.

So that said, pretty sure everyone from 6 to 76, (watching that clip for the first time) was saying on the inside:

"Phhhhhaaaarrrrkkk YEEEAH!!!!! GET ME SOME TRAIN!!!"

Discuss this PSB nannies!

Alternate
10-04-2018, 10:33 AM
Natural Selection has been thwarted by modern medicine for many years. It almost won this time.

Benny D
10-04-2018, 10:39 AM
Natural Selection has been thwarted by modern medicine for many years. It almost won this time.

too many warning labels on everything i believe. would have been a solid 10/10 if he bounced off the concrete and done a flip into the water. probly also be dead but meh. YOLO son. :superman:

BusaSteve
10-04-2018, 10:48 AM
If someone wants to put their life at risk then who are we to stop them...the only person hurt would've been him....or some poor passing fish. Anyway they ride trains in India like that all the time....if fact TransPerth should encourage it....make more money!

Crobbo
10-04-2018, 10:58 AM
So who did he hurt doing this?

Was there any damaged caused?

I don't see the issue apart from him being an idiot.

pnork
10-04-2018, 11:26 AM
I bet he didn't pay his fare..

Skut
10-04-2018, 11:43 AM
Gippo - you are like the Today Tonite of PSB.

All the media attention and hyperbole simply gave the dude the attention he craved and will encourage others.

More vacuous headlines in the guise of moral disgust/disdain but simply a cynical exploitation of stupidity for profit.

Gippo
10-04-2018, 11:48 AM
Gippo - you are like the Today Tonite of PSB.

All the media attention and hyperbole simply gave the dude the attention he craved and will encourage others.

More vacuous headlines in the guise of moral disgust/disdain but simply a cynical exploitation of stupidity for profit.

Word of the week right there.... "Vacuous"

Skut
10-04-2018, 11:53 AM

You should have left your pre-ninja-edit..(since it turns up in the emails and stuff)

Word of the week right there.... "Vacous"

Gippo
10-04-2018, 11:55 AM
You should have left your pre-ninja-edit..(since it turns up in the emails and stuff)

Word of the week right there.... "Vacous"

I always correct my spelling mistakes. Denies the word warriors of their satisfaction.

You ok bro?

chew
10-04-2018, 12:14 PM
So who did he hurt doing this?

Was there any damaged caused?

I don't see the issue apart from him being an idiot.

Using your formula then, why is he an idiot?

wonky
10-04-2018, 12:42 PM
I think it would have been a tragedy if this awesome stunt had been pulled off without anyone witnessing it.

chew
10-04-2018, 12:55 PM
I heard he was on roofies, spotted a good size blue manna and just went for it.

Crobbo
10-04-2018, 01:04 PM
Using your formula then, why is he an idiot?1 He was using public transport.

2 Those HV lines.

Joe Shabadoo
10-04-2018, 01:22 PM
Used to do that all the time as a kid over the old burswood/claisebrook bridge. Diesel trains though, I remember someone got fried when electric ones came in..

chew
10-04-2018, 01:49 PM
1 He was using public transport.

2 Those HV lines.

Maybe I misinterpreted but I thought you were saying "What's the problem" but instantly contradicting that by calling him an idiot?

TurboR1
10-04-2018, 01:55 PM
The action of this one individual does fly pretty strongly in the face of what it means to be a West Australian.

Then again so does anything that resembles living with some form of adrenaline going through your system.

Naturally I expect a wave of rules and regulations to further micro manage our existence.

Benny D
10-04-2018, 02:17 PM

had to look this word up. i learned something today. :D:D

Skut
10-04-2018, 02:25 PM
I think it would have been a tragedy if this awesome stunt had been pulled off without anyone witnessing it.

"Pulling off" without witnesses is masturbation. With witnesses it's a misdemeanor at the least ;)

chew
10-04-2018, 02:27 PM
had to look this word up. i learned something today. :D:D

Did it have a picture of this bloke?

https://images.theconversation.com/files/178577/original/file-20170718-21991-1fiswnq.jpg?ixlib=rb-1.1.0&q=45&auto=format&w=926&fit=clip

GsxInShed
10-04-2018, 04:10 PM
Did it have a picture of this bloke?

https://images.theconversation.com/files/178577/original/file-20170718-21991-1fiswnq.jpg?ixlib=rb-1.1.0&q=45&auto=format&w=926&fit=clip

...and his sister Penny Wong......neither of whom have ever been seen having fun or allowing anyone else to do so......yet I digress...

Trifecta.. Train-Bridge-Jump.. what are the odds.??

BusaSteve
10-04-2018, 05:24 PM
I once tried to ring Penny...she said Wong number so I hung up.

sixofthebest
10-04-2018, 05:39 PM
I wonder whether this guy was trying to go out with a bang. Suicide is a big issue out there...

GsxInShed
10-04-2018, 06:14 PM
I wonder whether this guy was trying to go out with a bang. Suicide is a big issue out there...

Nah you can tell he has heaps of good stuff to live for......

Facebook 'likes'

Not dying from blunt force trauma..with the pylon footing...

A career in stunt work..aka dumbass oh jackass.....

At least one 'friend' he did wave to someone before he jumped...

And...... chicks dig stupid.....he has it made....

- - - Updated - - -

I once tried to ring Penny...she said Wong number so I hung up.

hahha haa?

Oh I get it... the penny just dropped...

Para045
10-04-2018, 09:46 PM
I bet he didn't pay his fare..

That I reckon is the big reason they're pissed off, can't have people not paying their dues :whistling:

TurboR1
11-04-2018, 08:07 AM

I doubt he was doing that to kill himself, if anything he was living more than most.

I've had enough friends top themselves (one with the use of our rail system) to pick the difference between a genuine attempt, a cry for help or in this case just an adrenaline rush.

GsxInShed
11-04-2018, 04:38 PM
....Maybe the cops were chasing him...and they just called it off........

Edit....Michelle Vendetta Roberts has issued a description that sounds a lot like that singer dude.....Shearin....

Crobbo
11-04-2018, 06:16 PM
Could be Algy he's a ranger

Algy
11-04-2018, 07:43 PM

4th time I've been told that

Crobbo
11-04-2018, 07:51 PM
That you're a ranger?

sixofthebest
11-04-2018, 08:04 PM
I doubt he was doing that to kill himself, if anything he was living more than most.

I've had enough friends top themselves (one with the use of our rail system) to pick the difference between a genuine attempt, a cry for help or in this case just an adrenaline rush.

Me too - unfortunately. No reason they can't be all three at once though. A big adrenaline rush, combined with the feeling that if it doesn't work out it's not really a problem - no-one would miss them perhaps. Beats more mundane methods maybe? I wonder, given how close he went to that pylon... I reckon it was more than just adrenaline.

Mind you, it's the fourth option that is most likely of course - high as a kite on ice - thought he was superman or something...

shortSteve
12-04-2018, 09:55 AM
I dont get how he wasn't fried. Unless standing on the train itself means no zap? When i worked with pta some of the pics/vids of people dying where from far greater distances than his head would have been.

TurboR1
12-04-2018, 10:12 AM
Had me buggered too, there's enough tension there for them to arc quite a long way. Guess that's one of the advantages to being in a dry climate, I'd like to see how he'd go if it was raining.

shifted
12-04-2018, 10:24 AM
How'd he even get up there at a station in the first place without being seen by the driver?

5/7 solid attempt would not attempt myself.

Para045
12-04-2018, 07:26 PM

Which one?

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/BPMW3Y/blue-dino-ranger-black-dino-ranger-red-dino-ranger-yellow-dino-ranger-BPMW3Y.jpghttp://cdn.playbuzz.com/cdn//6ad055cf-b5f8-46f8-8660-7f62191bb2a2/8cdf1ebd-e0a6-4ee6-8d80-c0443ae2591f.jpg

Alternate
13-04-2018, 06:32 AM
I dont get how he wasn't fried. Unless standing on the train itself means no zap? When i worked with pta some of the pics/vids of people dying where from far greater distances than his head would have been.

Electricity will take the path of least resistance, and my guess while the train is connected to the HV lines not that far away he's *kind of* safe from Arcing.

sixofthebest
13-04-2018, 01:33 PM
Electricity will take the path of least resistance, and my guess while the train is connected to the HV lines not that far away he's *kind of* safe from Arcing.

That would be incorrect. There are still 25000V in those lines when the train is operating and the train itself is still at 0V. You can strike an arc between those two voltages just as easily almost regardless of how much power the train is using. The draw from the train would only yield a very small voltage drop from "no load" voltage.

The main thing here is that he was on the side of the train, hence not that close to the wire. It was a fine day although rain doesn't make any real difference (distilled water is an insulator). Humidity / fog does in the presence of dust though - that's a nasty one. The other thing is that there is a massive difference between the distance it takes to strike an arc and the distance over which an arc can be maintained. You do have to get quite close to strike an arc in the first place, even with 25000V in place. Your average suburban street with overhead power has a power line at 22kV (220000V) and you can see the insulators on them aren't that long in the first place and they are far longer than the distance at which an arc would start.

But of course, don't try this at home kids... particularly if it's a foggy morning and it hasn't rained in a long time!

Barfridge
13-04-2018, 07:51 PM
A bunch of motorcycle hoons tut-tutting over some risk taking...

Fuck me you need to learn some perspective.

GsxInShed
13-04-2018, 07:53 PM

Speak for yourself.

Joe Shabadoo
13-04-2018, 09:08 PM
the barfy monkey bike launching into river off top of train would be an epic sight, worthy of vlogging

Rich...
14-04-2018, 11:19 AM

https://i.imgflip.com/28cxb0.jpg (https://imgflip.com/i/28cxb0)via Imgflip Meme Generator (https://imgflip.com/memegenerator)