PDA

View Full Version : Done something stupid tonight

okitoki
28-06-2006, 12:08 AM
:whistling: As it was raining tonight. no riding, and bored... I decided to have a few drinks of JD Coke while watching the telly... nothing good was on, so I decided to play with my Kettenmax kit I received today

one thing lead to another, I decided to clean my chain... as bike is inside garage so it seemed like a good idea So i tried to put my little hornet up on it centre stand, wearing a pair of slipers and 1/2 pissed after the JD Cokes..... bad combination... Slipers came off... i sliped off the center stand, and bike went over on right side (in slow motion) :whoops:

I desperately tried to hold the bike up, but was too far gone.... and it landed on the right side with a sickening crack.... I quickly rused over to the otherside lifted it up expecting to see huge tend and scratches everywhere....

FORTUNATELY, the following things were there:
- Oggy nob saved the tank and engine from crashing on its side
- had my handle bar locked on a left turn, so handle bar was not banged
- Left a box of glasses next to the wall of my garage, and the rear of the bike happen to land on the box... which explaines the cracking sound I heard... Rear fender, exhaust and all were not damaged at all... the glasses... well... too bad

So all and all, I was lucky to escape any damage to my baby, 'cept for a banged up knee, a slightly scratch Oggy nob, and smashed glases (missus gunna kill me :whistling: )

Lesson for the day: Drinking and motorcycle does not mix; even when stationary :lol:

ps... managed to clean the chain after all this :thumbsup:

TurboR1
28-06-2006, 06:27 AM
Funny.... after discovering theres no damage.... heart wrenching as it happens though. :pinch:

zadok
28-06-2006, 06:39 AM
Lesson for the day: Drinking and motorcycle does not mix; even when stationary :lol:
ps... managed to clean the chain after all this :thumbsup:
[/b]

Well said. :thumbsup: :yes:

reddog
28-06-2006, 09:30 AM
How's the shoudler? Last time I saved my bike I just about pulled my arm out of it's socket. I now make sure the stand is fully extended before placing the full weight of the bike on it.

FaceThePower
28-06-2006, 09:38 AM
sorry, nearly qualified for darwin material but not quite there ;)

okitoki
28-06-2006, 09:39 AM
How's the shoudler? Last time I saved my bike I just about pulled my arm out of it's socket. I now make sure the stand is fully extended before placing the full weight of the bike on it.
[/b]

Shoulder was fine, but the back is not... sure is hell painful this morning when trying to wake up.... made worst by the cold room (and old age :P )

My Chiro is gonna love me long long time now $$$$$

EMVY
28-06-2006, 10:44 AM
So all and all, I was lucky to escape any damage to my baby, 'cept for a banged up knee, a slightly scratch Oggy nob, and smashed glases (missus gunna kill me :whistling: )

[/b]

Knee will heel and chicks dig scars.
Bike doesn't heel and costs money

Bulk glasses available from Ikea for sweet F.A.

P.S. How did the chain come up. Quick review

okitoki
28-06-2006, 11:21 AM
Knee will heel and chicks dig scars.
Bike doesn't heel and costs money

Bulk glasses available from Ikea for sweet F.A.

P.S. How did the chain come up. Quick review
[/b]

chain cleaning was good... bristle were tuff enuff to scrap gunk off chain (initial cutting of bristles to size was hard... need bigger scissors)... once attached onto chain... cleaning was a breeze with pumping a little kero tru a provided tube and rotating the wheel anti-clockwise... first few turn will notice the gunk starting to soften up, after more passes will begin to shine nicely... waste fluids were black and gunky.... :sick:

quick wipe with cloth to dry chain, and can see the chain is nice, bright and silver :)
warm chain with hair dryer, then lube using the kit.... wasnt too sure about this though as the lube didnt look too even... I might just keep doing this part manually...

Overall, cleaning using Kettenmax was easy and great... :thumbsup: