PDA

View Full Version : You'll be seeing a lot less of me.

Cbr1k
01-07-2006, 04:07 PM
Well folks you'll be seeing a lot less of me around. As on Monday I am going to a gym.

Those that know me know why they me call me Big Rob. I love my Beer, my Maccas and my couch. Hell I'll even have a few beers in the middle of Warpie's country runs! :blink:

But at this stage in life I have been given two choices by a doctor.

Loose weight or die. That simple.

My father died at 55 from heart disease/stroke and his father died at the same age from the same cause so the family history isn't that great.

So I am having my last comisseration drinks at Cheers on Sunday. After that its no more Beer/Maccas etc. as on Monday I start with 10 weeks of Personal training which will hopefully get me motivated to then continue on myself. (or dies of heart failure from the treadmill! ;) )

At least the bike will handle better with less weight AND I'll be able to see my feet which is something to look forward too. :P

tlad
01-07-2006, 04:13 PM
Good on you.

When it gets tough, remind yourself about your goals.

Tim.

snowman95
01-07-2006, 04:14 PM
Good luck big (soon to be slim) fella

what gym?

Also a big part of losing weight is eating 'healthier' doesn't mean you can't have tasty stuff, just more whole foods, no fast food shit.

You'll be droppin off the kg's in no time

Cbr1k
01-07-2006, 04:29 PM
Signed up at CBD as the 24hr thing is Handy. Plus the girls behind the counter are cute :P

TurboR1
01-07-2006, 04:40 PM
Good on ya mate. :thumbsup:

djnitrous
01-07-2006, 05:04 PM
Don't work out to hard on Monday... great to hear, may see u sunday if im not to stuffed after after work in the day

TheonlyNinjabitches
01-07-2006, 05:31 PM
Good luck big (soon to be slim) fella

what gym?

Also a big part of losing weight is eating 'healthier' doesn't mean you can't have tasty stuff, just more whole foods, no fast food shit.

You'll be droppin off the kg's in no time
[/b]

who's jim

lol

Fastgirl
01-07-2006, 06:07 PM
*applause* bloody well done in making the decision to change your life. Post up some pics of you now, that will keep you motivated, and post up pics for every 5 kilos you lose. We will certainly all support you!! :)

Fastgir1 :D

Mr John
01-07-2006, 07:28 PM
Onya Rob, good luck with the new regime.

Neil-51
01-07-2006, 07:48 PM
Good on you Rob. With a family history like that I'm thinking its an essential move.

I joined a gym 3 months ago to improve my strength an mobility on the bike. Gym isn't fun, although the scenery can be nice. The up side for me is that I feel better and I can keep moving around on the bike for a full track day...and walk the next day. Stay with it!

lee
01-07-2006, 08:03 PM
Good news dood. You'll feel great doing it, and chix dig the guns. Props.

azathoth
02-07-2006, 03:50 AM
After being given a similar mandate from my doctor, I went on to lose something like 30 kilos. It can be done. But remember, you're not on a 'diet'. It's a lifestyle change. You have to live and eat better for the rest of your life, not just temporarily till you are comfortable.

hokoyo
02-07-2006, 07:54 AM
Good luck and stay motivated!

I went down that route 4 years ago and lost 10kg

Still go the gym when i am in Perth and have stayed at 94 kg!

devilsaltarboy
02-07-2006, 09:24 AM
I also had a similar message from my doc cause i was overweight, had high blood pressure and blood sugar was really bad. That was about 17kg ago. My trick was to have salads with tuna and all the nice gourmet stuff like olives, artichokes etc to make it actually quite tasty. I also madea lot of low fat stir fry and pasta with very little noodles/pasta to keep the carbs down. Still doesnt make it as fun as throwing back a few cheeseburgers but its still a palatable change.

MUDDY
03-07-2006, 04:10 PM
Well done Rob good 2 hear......
tho will b funny to c u travellling without roadies :P

brendon_zx
03-07-2006, 04:55 PM
good to hear... good luck with it. I am sure you wont regret it.

Wrex
03-07-2006, 07:53 PM
Well done big fella your dr's advice is worth its weight in cheeseburgers.

XooM
03-07-2006, 10:16 PM
Also think of it this way, you losing weight will be one of the best performance mods you would have done to your bike :thumbsup:

Kassper
03-07-2006, 11:10 PM
:thumbsup: Good to hear Rob, stick at it and when the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

dugy
03-07-2006, 11:23 PM
Onya mate!

Go hard!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PrestigeCBR
04-07-2006, 09:17 PM
Good on ya Rob, top stuff. It will be a lot of hard work but the real winner will be yourself :)

Cbr1k
05-08-2006, 10:17 AM
Just thought I'd give yas all an update after a month of working out.

It has been 10 yers since I did any real structured exercise! :blink: Now that I am an old fart I am feeling it.

I was hoping for more but I guess I set high goals for myself.

Arms - Lost 10cm
Waist - Lost 10cm
Legs - Lost 10cm.
Weight - Lost 10kg
Lost 5% body Fat
Gained 6% Muscle

What I dont get is that I lost so much off my arms & legs but comparitivley little of my waist. I was told that aparently muscle weighs more than fat so I shouldn't expect huge losses.

I have had no junk food, coke, alcohol etc for a whole month now. I hate eating this rabbit food but I have to admit I do feel a lot better. Starting to just feel fitter and have more energy. Strees is down, I feel less despressed and just feel happier in general.

I am not taking any supplements etc (not even vitamins). Just doing it all natural.

I still have a long way to go, but I feel that I can maintain this as a permament lifestyle.

Since my 1st post there has now been a Health & Fitness area created so its all good.

Cheers
Rob

P.S I am also starting to feel the benefit of being stronger & fitter when it comes to throwing that heavy bike of mine around in corners. So thats a bonus. :D

CB Boy
05-08-2006, 01:09 PM
I was hoping for more but I guess I set high goals for myself.

Arms - Lost 10cm
Waist - Lost 10cm
Legs - Lost 10cm.
Weight - Lost 10kg
Lost 5% body Fat
Gained 6% Muscle

[/b]

Cbr1k, what you have achieved in 1 month is absolutely mind blowing.......how can you not be happy with that?

I guarantee you that what you have done in this short amount of time, 99% of people wouldn't be able to achieve.

You should hold your head high, that is an amazing effort and i congratulate you....well done B)

Barfridge
05-08-2006, 02:42 PM
Congratulations mate! It's stories like this that made me get off my fat arse about 3 weeks ago, and sign up for the gym.

Your results are fantastic, but it's great to see you determined to do better. :)

Mr John
05-08-2006, 03:38 PM
Keep going at this rate and soon we won't be able to call you Big Rob anymore!

Fastgirl
05-08-2006, 03:40 PM
Well done indeed!! :D

Wedge
05-08-2006, 07:21 PM
Thats an awesome achievment.
bloody hell i go to the gym once, twice a week and i'm stuffed, the rate ur going
at it is a bloody inspiration, might have to give up my saturday mornings and go down
then too.
A big thumbsup to ya champ :thumbsup:

Kermey
05-08-2006, 08:51 PM
every1 is right mate thats fantastic. it is harder to loose fat around the waist and stomach. but keep at it and you will do great as u allready have