PDA

View Full Version : FORUM USERNAME CLEANUP PLEASE READ

Deej
03-02-2004, 11:02 PM
Hi all. By the time you read this we should be around 500+ registered users on the PerthStreetbikes.com forum.

The userlist shows that there are many users who have registered and have either never activated or used their account, or perhaps thay are just lurking in the background and do not participate in threads.

So we iz guna have a little clean up. As at midnight this Friday (6 Feb 04):

1) Any Users who registered prior to 1 January 2004 and have never posted on the forums (zero posts) will be deleted from the forum database;

2) From hereon in, any Users that are older than two months from registration date and have not posted, will be deleted from the forum database on a regular basis.

The reason for this is not to make peoples lives difficult, it is just to do a bit of house keeping so that usernames that people have taken and do not use can be released back into the system for others to use and we can get a better indication of the real amount of users of the forum.

If you do use the forum but have not posted, please start participating and make a post prior to midnight Friday.

If you are deleted and want to use the forum at a later date, naturally you can re-register at any time.

Thanks!
Forum Admin

dodgyone
04-02-2004, 12:25 PM
Be interesting to see how many we end up with. Im guessing 200 maybe?

Deej
04-02-2004, 12:26 PM
I recon about half.

Hewie
04-02-2004, 01:51 PM
Roll up ...roll up.... place your bets ladies and gentlemen ....

How many users will there be ... closest the the right number gets a thingo and a paperclip .

Im banking on about 350

TRX
04-02-2004, 01:57 PM
by deej's rules 188 ppl will be deleted

that all ppl joined b4 jan04 with 0 posts

which means there will be 309 from 497 left. (assuming that no,one joins till friday)

dodgyone
04-02-2004, 02:04 PM
How long has Campo been absent for? Cant he just be deleted anyway?

Tex
04-02-2004, 02:38 PM
campo who ?????? :D

Anonymous
04-02-2004, 04:49 PM
Just my 2 cents. I joined the forum mid Sep last year and have accessed the site pretty much every weekday since then and read the majority of posts. I have acted upon recommendations in some, laughed at others and a few even brought a tear to my eye. However until a recent brush with Perth's finest I had never posted, if you meet me you will find I don’t talk much either. I wonder if the number of times someone has logged in is a truer reflection of someone’s interest in the site than the amount of posts? Of course as with the rest of life as long as you know the rules you are free to choose what you're gonna do.

Plato once said 'Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something' but what would he know?

Drin

Deej
04-02-2004, 05:19 PM
I agree Drin but unfortunaly I have no way of telling how many times someone has been to the forum.

The amount of posts is the only thing I have to go by, so thats why it is as it is.

Deej

braxus
04-02-2004, 08:58 PM
probably a little over due as peoples nicks are clashing.

as to drins issue and id guess many others, is there no way for a bb to log a users ip or something on login? if not, its abit limited isnt it :)

I know Im one of thos people who doesnt feel the need to add 2cents to many topics but i do enjoy reading majority of the posts.

anyways deej happy cleaning :wink:

Gonz1
04-02-2004, 09:27 PM
get ready for the whoring :D

:idea: im reconing that if users were to come out and play more often then they would meet other users and would then have something to say to other users posts and threads :wink:

theres nothing wrong with forming your own little group within and using the forum to organise rides, meetings etc...
just post with comments, questions or opinions or even any info relating to bikes you may come across while at work :D

C...its easy, MY 2c :roll:

Deej
04-02-2004, 11:25 PM
Yup, and as Gonz1 says, if you want to organise your own little sup group let me know and I can set up a usergroup for someone to adminsiter and they can then have control over their own info.

Gankaz
05-02-2004, 08:45 AM
i was wondering what the usergroups link was for :oops:

dodgyone
05-02-2004, 10:05 AM
Just hit 500 registered users. Let the clean up begin....

hooter
05-02-2004, 05:04 PM
I'd love to come out to play more often but i'm not really prepared to ride 3hrs to go out on wed night then do the return trip for work the next day at 7. u'll b seeing a lot more of me in a few months when i get back to perth. Anyways i think the number of posts is also a reasonable reflection of users, i mean there are probably a few ppl lurking back there, gatering info and forming dodgy plans. :cry: sorry deej

Rob
05-02-2004, 06:01 PM
Heres my post :D

Enjoy the forum heaps. Will make an effort to meet more of you.

Cheers.

Rob.

SIKPUPY
05-02-2004, 06:03 PM
im still here and still posting

well sometimes
:P

CAD
05-02-2004, 06:07 PM
so NOW ya's posting!!!

bout time!! :evil:

hehe

deej got ya's on da run now huh? :P

CAD
05-02-2004, 06:43 PM
another thing is guy's...when u join...in yer profile where it says "bike" can you please actually put what u ride in there? for interest's sake? and if you dont own one.. stipulate that, thankyou and goodnight :P

my2c

Ace
05-02-2004, 08:44 PM
Just whoring it up ppl :D its a good idea Deej to have a clean up. Hows the 2004 track day going? if you need help with organising anything give me a holla.

Racer
05-02-2004, 10:35 PM
You of course realise that all the dodgey fuckers have to do is make a few posts and they are still in the loop. I'd suggest personal plans that involve bikes being unattended for any length of time be kept personal or arrangements made via PM's or the certified section.

Still agree with the cleanup though

my 2c's

Turbinator
06-02-2004, 02:25 PM
yeh, i dont no much about that but it sounds good! i think :wink:

Flakey
06-02-2004, 02:44 PM
You of course realise that all the dodgey fuckers have to do is make a few posts and they are still in the loop. I'd suggest personal plans that involve bikes being unattended for any length of time be kept personal or arrangements made via PM's or the certified section.

my 2c's

It's not to get rid of the 'dodgy' characters as such, but a clean out of all the names that have been registered and not used... :roll: :D

Anonymous
06-02-2004, 05:39 PM
Hey pplz,

I'm one of the guys who 'lurks' and just uses the forum to keep up with whats happening. Thought i'd better make my first post before i got kicked out. Been out with some of you once, a while ago. Twaz with gpx_gal, CAD,spike, and a few others whos names i cant remember, sorry.

I ride a 2fiddy, yes, another one of them pplz :roll: hehe.

Hopefully c uz around on some rides.

Laters...

Ace
06-02-2004, 05:41 PM
hey nothing wrong with 250's, especially 92 cibby's :)

Anonymous
06-02-2004, 05:45 PM
haha, that was quick ace.
Yea, cant complain, its a first bike after all.
Wouldnt mind going for a few rides with a few 2fiddys, atleast its not as embarrasing as going out with the bigger bikes.
k, better get back to work.

Katcha.

Anonymous
06-02-2004, 05:47 PM
Hi guy's Dont want to be kicked out, like reading whats going on. :oops:

Ace
06-02-2004, 05:52 PM
Looks like the 2fiddy peeps are coming out of the garage.

Don't be shy when ppl are going for a ride then, come along no-one will bite............... hard
http://www.perthextreme.com/phpBB2/viewtop...opic.php?t=2442 (http://www.perthextreme.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2442)

gpx_gal
06-02-2004, 05:57 PM
Wouldnt mind going for a few rides with a few 2fiddys, atleast its not as embarrasing as going out with the bigger bikes.
Embarasing my tail feathers taz, you rode really well that night. And if I remember correctly you had only had ur liscence a few weeksmonth - bet your riding has improved to no end. Get your tail to scarbs on a Wed night! (that goes for all the 250s - I'd like some company, please)

Masda74
07-02-2004, 12:06 AM

my 2c's

Racer cleanups would be nice for most, but cleaning out people that are not certified? give us a break. i have been on a ride and i know some of the PE guys. top blokes they are. helped me out heaps, Especially Warpspeed, Wrex and not last Madmax01.

I am just waiting till the day i can come out on a ride and meet most of the team. Just have not had a chance to. I do post as much as i can.
Just give some of the newbies a chance i recogn.

My 2c worth.

Masda74

Deej
07-02-2004, 05:39 PM
Initial cleanup complete. Ta.

Maarken
08-02-2004, 02:52 AM
There is still alot of people on 0 posts.... ?

Did they join after the clean up ? If so hit em again Deej ..... :D :D

mattah
09-02-2004, 12:03 PM
Initial cleanup complete. Ta.

Woo, I survived. :D :twisted:

Ace
09-02-2004, 12:08 PM
Its time to go................................................ .................

Mattah
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Turbinator
09-02-2004, 01:28 PM
haha! im still around!!

ill prolly get deleted for saying that... :(

Deej
09-02-2004, 02:27 PM
I did say "INITIAL" clean up complete. Your all next!!

:)

Hewie
10-02-2004, 09:41 AM
I did say \"INITIAL\" clean up complete. Your all next!!

:)

i can see it now ... welcome to PSB the site for all perth riders ...

population 1 - Deej :lol:

Maarken
11-04-2004, 08:33 AM
Time for another clean up Deej ....

:D :D

Evan some names that have posted, are on like 1 post or 2, they aint posted in ages so i think they should go 2 ....

Deej
12-04-2004, 09:09 PM
Yup, must do this week

Wulph
13-04-2004, 04:56 PM
just making a post so you dont delete me.. having money troubles :( still no bike yet..

Dubs
13-04-2004, 05:13 PM
woud prefer you to post coz you want to, whether you have a bike or not - everyones got SUMFIN to contribute.....even GONZO!!!

DUBS

Gonzo
13-04-2004, 05:56 PM
oh yeah dubs??

dont make me kick ur ass... AGAIN....

I maybe never kicked his ass before... or never will... but shhhhh

and nigga get ur ass to scarbs or somethin!!!!!

Maarken
17-04-2004, 04:10 PM
There is evan a guy on 0 posts and he joined like the second day the forum was up ?????

Definaltely get rid of that one .....

BK ZX-12R
19-04-2004, 08:12 PM
So how many ppl are left???

Brendan

zx6r freek
29-04-2004, 11:19 PM
Yeh could you delete me please, i don't like the name anymore, no offense to anyone who owns one or anything :P
but i'll be getting me bike in a couple of weeks or a month now so i'll contribute to the forum as i'll have a bike n stuff.
I've been riding since 10 or so (offroad), but i don't like saying stuff when i have no experience myself!
anyway hell good forum and all the people in here are all great!!
i'll be back with a new name! and bike! :twisted:
cheers :)

Deano
04-01-2012, 09:07 AM
We've come along way from these days, in "clean-up" mode at 500 registered users.
We're now at 10,358 -- just curious how many of these are inactive/lurkers/one-hit-wonders... time for another clean-up perhaps?

Barfridge
04-01-2012, 09:11 AM
Yes sir, I'll get right on it.

Brougham
04-01-2012, 09:11 AM
*deletes Deano*

Deano
04-01-2012, 09:17 AM
:'( 'tis not what I had in mind -- just came up in convo at the pub last night - thass all

michael
04-01-2012, 09:18 AM
hahhaa chopped.

Professor Redfern
04-01-2012, 09:46 AM
Mods back then had to keep things simple becuase they actually used to ride back then, and didnt just spend all day online with their power stick in their hands.

Rich...
04-01-2012, 09:49 AM
Mods back then had to keep things simple becuase they actually used to ride back then, and didnt just spend all day online with their power stick in their hands.

Do you have a bike anymore?

Sunshine & F'n Rainbows
04-01-2012, 09:57 AM

Anymore? :)

Rich...
04-01-2012, 10:03 AM
I think we should get rid of anyone that doesn't have a motorcycle...

That gets rid of Bro'm...

Now if someone will steal Ryvens bike all will be good...

Professor Redfern
04-01-2012, 10:20 AM

This isnt about me. Im currently in between bikes.

Im waiting for the right sneak peaks of a new bike to be released and then Im going to say " I like the look, if they release it I will probably definitely get one" And then I want to be the first person in existence to actually back that statement up.