PDA

View Full Version : RIP.... Petty Officer Steven Kendall RAN

Campo
10-02-2004, 05:13 PM
This afternoon NSW time, I received a text from Gonz1. This morning, Tuesday 10th Feb, we lost a very good mate of mine. Steven Kendall was riding his GSXR 1000 on his way to work I assume.

Steve lives around the corner from me and has been a very good mate of mine for just over 2 years now. We've riden together and worked together on numerous occasions. We've done time at sea and on the road.

He's just completed a decent time in the Gulf and was ready to leave the Navy sometime mid this year.

I had an email from him just two weeks ago where he said we'll be riding as soon as I get home.

The news I received today has hit me hard again. I've lost another mate, a bloody good mate. It's hit home again, the fact that what we do is dangerous. For those that want to stay on two wheels, be bloody safe for gods sakes. For me, this is enough. This has made up my mind. I have to much to live for. I've already had two accidents that really should've put me in the grave, I'm not willing to have another.

Steve, you will be so sorely missed mate. Tonight I'll have a beer for you.

Please be safe everyone.

Daise
10-02-2004, 05:29 PM
Sincerely sorry to hear that Campo... :cry:

*raises glass*

To all the friends we've lost, doing what they love... Rest In Peace.

PrestigeCBR
10-02-2004, 05:54 PM
I saw the accident on the news, I tried to ring Gonz1 but the phone rang out.
Feel sorry for you Navy boys for losing a mate, It's always hard to lose a friend.

Be carefull, stay upright 8)

Gordo
10-02-2004, 08:04 PM
Sorry to hear about your mate Campo and Gonz1,It's never easy to accept this shitty side of bike riding. :(

Campo do what you gotta do if you decide to give up riding,good on you coz it take balls to give up something you love doing ,but as you said youv'e got too much to live for so RESPECT...

RIP Steven Kendall

Klink
10-02-2004, 08:24 PM
FUCK ME!!!

Steve and I were good mates. Served with him too. Top bloke.... what more can I say? Campo, i'll PM you.

sp500
10-02-2004, 08:38 PM
Sorry to hear Campo, its not good when a biker leaves this earth, even worse when its a mate. We love what we do but theres always a risk involved, a wake up call to the heart and brain...... :(

Anonymous
10-02-2004, 09:17 PM
Hi all, I just heard about Steve. Definitely a top bloke, and he sure helped me out more than he really had to.

To an all round great guy, a top rider, and more imporatantly a really good mate...goodbye Steve, I'll miss you, and I'm know I'm not the only one who will.

There's so much that can be said about someone who leaves so many people in his wake, and Steve if this forum is any indication...you've sure as hell left alot of us behind that will remember you fondly.

Thanks for introducing me to the pleasure of riding...I will remember you every time I get on my bike.

Missing you already, Belinda

Klink, thanks for calling to let me know about Steve...

And to everyone else...be careful out there!!!

bladerunner00
10-02-2004, 10:24 PM
sorry to hear campo its never easy to loose a good mate.
i go along with Gordo post do what u have to do u only get
one shot a life but thats the ugly side of bike riding.

RIP Steve

RIDE HARD --STAY SAFE

Deej
10-02-2004, 10:41 PM
Sorry to hear you guys loseing a good friend.

RIP Steve.

Anonymous
10-02-2004, 10:54 PM
Yep sorry boys!!
At the end of the day any one of us could be next!!!
RIP :!:

Pete
10-02-2004, 11:28 PM
RIP Steve

You will be missed.

FraG
10-02-2004, 11:29 PM
Very sorry to hear of this even though I never met the bloke.

I hope all his family and friends have the strength and courage to remember and move forward.

Rest In Peace

Hewie
11-02-2004, 07:46 AM
My deepest condolences to Steves family and to his friends.

RIP

Klink
11-02-2004, 02:34 PM
It appears as if Steve was at the traffic lights exiting the freeway. Steve was given a green light and proceeded. A truck coming from the side went through a red light.

TRX
11-02-2004, 02:36 PM
:shock:

:cry:

*speachless*

Strayed_Cat
11-02-2004, 03:20 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss boys.

I just pray that those who don't respect the safety side of things might take this as a lesson. I'd hate to loose anyone I was close to through motorbikes, or anything else that I love.

Keep it safe all, please.

Flakey
11-02-2004, 03:47 PM
[/start rant]

This is a dangerous world we live in... Unfortunately, lots of ppl die and heaps more are injured on our roads, not just on bikes - but in cars, trucks and buses...

Obviously the smaller the vehicle you are using, the more likey you are to be injured - there is always a point where you have to draw the line and decide whether or not do things.

Riding a bike is dangerous, but I personally feel the danger is outweighted by the enjoyment and companionship I get from doing it, and while I do some silly things, I mostly ride like every other vehicle is out to hit me - and so hopefully avoid them...

This choice is a personal one I would resist anyone who tried to make the choice for me... But I respect those who choose not to ride because they have different priorities in life and bikes are lower on the list.

[/end rant]

mattah
11-02-2004, 07:51 PM
What a waste .. my condolences go out to all touched by this tragedy. Why is it always those with the most to live for, and those seeking fun and enjoyment in life, that get taken first? *sigh*

:(

Keep safe and stay alert out there people.

Boxhead
11-02-2004, 09:27 PM
An unfortunate and fatal reminder that never take the green light for granted. RIP Steve, although I never knew you, the fact u rode a bike makes u a friend.

Use your friends Navy Boys if u need them, that is what we are here for.

Once again bad news rocks the biking community. Once again I respect others decisions about their riding but am there with you Flakey.

Talk with you soon Camps :cry: :cry:

CAD
12-02-2004, 01:35 AM
The accident happen no more then 300m from my house :(

RIP buddy :cry:

Dubs
12-02-2004, 05:38 PM
restecp from DUBS and ho (ow),bitch (bigger OWW) me lovely girl.

DUBS AND LITTLE "L"

bibendum
17-02-2004, 09:42 PM
Really dont know what to type. Our recent loss messed me up pretty bad. I never want to go thru that again, but I know in the future I will have to.

To Campo, Gonz and the other RAN Boys and girls, Stay Strong.

RIP.

Ride Safe People.

Jason Hodges

Call me if you need to talk.

Campo
17-02-2004, 10:17 PM
Really dont know what to type. Our recent loss messed me up pretty bad. I never want to go thru that again, but I know in the future I will have to.

To Campo, Gonz and the other RAN Boys and girls, Stay Strong.

RIP.

Ride Safe People.

Jason Hodges

Call me if you need to talk.

Thanks mate. And thanks to everyone for the support. Having a family like you guys are amazing when it comes to situations like this. Much love & respect to you all.

Klink
18-02-2004, 01:12 PM
Well, this morning the 18th of February 2004, Steven Kendall was laid to rest in Adelaide, South Australia.

I attended a small service this morning at the HMAS Stirling naval base to say goodbye to a great mate. The service was held simultaneously with the funeral in South Australia in real time.

It was amazing listening to everyone that knew him, and realising how many people's lives he touched.

The service was fairly quick and short, but thats probably the way Steve would have liked it. Farewell mate... and we will see you when we see you!