PDA

View Full Version : DJ Nitr: HIT BY CAR!!

Erion Dave
22-05-2003, 07:21 PM
anyone with info please post as i hear it he has a broken leg, in a couple of places, as he was T-boned by a car!!!

Nick7r
22-05-2003, 07:59 PM
how did we get this info

Nick7r
22-05-2003, 08:19 PM
Dj still hasnt got his licence?

HE is goin be in the shit .. i dont like to say it.. but he will have no insurance, and third time with out licence!

not looking good :cry:

Gordo
22-05-2003, 08:29 PM
news from Gonz chatting to Nomad ,

His right leg is damaged ,he is in hospital in surgery ,Keez was on the back but i believe she is ok ( cuts and bruises ) accident happened about 2pm Thursday 22/05/03

Nomad,Cad,Maarken and Mixmaster were there at the time so they may be able to post more accurate information

IF ANY OF THE ABOVE PEOPLE READ THIS PLEASE POST INFO AS WE ARE ALL KEEN TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT DJ's CONDITION

Gonz has also made a posting asking about people wanting to visit him on the weekend, I'm up for it but will have to make sure it's cool with his family and that he is upto looking at all our goofy faces !

GET WELL SOON DAVE :(

[NoMaD]
22-05-2003, 09:24 PM
Me, Dave (djnitrous), keez (Dave's gf), Marc (CAD), Mark (Marrken) and MixMasta (Mike) were on this ride on our way to Malaga. Dave was leading the pack and took us through the backstreets somewhere (I dont know what street or area I was in at that time). Dave was at front, then 15 metres back there was me, then 30 metres there was CAD and Marrken and MixMasta was stuck behind a truck. This accident happened around 2pm today..Dave came to a stop at the stop sign indicating right (was at a T junction), he looked left and right then he took off slowly from the stop sign and looked left once again while he was near the centre of the road to check if it was ok to go then all of a sudden a white car came out of nowhere and T boned the right side of Dave's bike in an instant with debree (sp?) flying everywhere (Dave didn't see that one coming anyhow). When Dave took off from the stop sign I was just coming to a complete stop slowly when it happened..it was a good 1 second or so since he was leaving the stop sign so the bitch driver could of slowed down beforehand but nooo. The impact caused keez and Dave to fly in air around 1.5m-2m over the bike and then the white car slammed it brakes hard with that screeching skidding sound after just hitting them and she pulled over immediately. The bike slided 8 metres right next to a kerb from where Dave was, leaking out with all sorts of shit ie. oil fluids on the road. I stalled my bike at the stop sign as soon as I saw the accident and quikly ran to his aid. I ran over to Dave and keez laying on the road, keez stooded up and said she was ok and I looked at Dave all fucked up like a Ragged doll been tossed around etc..he was laying there in shock and disbelief and in pain (I dont think he could even feel his right leg, it was all wrangled ..looked like jelly even :? ). I quikly shouted "call an ambulance immediately" and CAD was right on the job. The driver of the white car who happens to be an indian (I think) woman driver (Prolly in her 20's) came over and said is he ok.. I mean wtf?! He's lying there all fucked up then she go's on about fuck all and bitching that how it was her new car her dad bought for her or some shit and said her dad will be hell angry at me etc...Like I give a fuck! She didnt even know if she should cry or not but at the end she sulked to one of the residents where she pulled over.

Anyways, I was just companying him a for a while to see if he was alright and shit so keez looked after him while the ambo was on its way. Got to Dave's bike which was laying on its right side leaking shit so I got a hand from MixMasta to help me lift it upright on its stand which we did and then Me, Marrken and CAD took over directing the traffic away from Dave. I think around about 10-20mins the Ambo came and examined Dave lying there in agony then followed 10mins later a cop car rocked up getting witnesses details.

Some of visible damage I could see was a scratched/broken right fairing side, right mirrors came off, the whole foot peg with the brake lever snapped of its axle from the collision, fucked up rear end, lots of scratches, pipes fucked up near the gasket area, indicators broken..well basically everything on the right side was fucked. So the bike was getting towed by the tow truck and is being kept with them until Dave is ready to take it back home again..this was done after the Ambo took Dave away on the stretcher (sp?).

The woman's car damage..basically her whole front was totally ripped apart upon Dave's leg taking all the impact as well as the bike. Her front left lights smashed up, bumper just about to fall off, bonnet all dented, right lights shattered, umm thats all I can see..but it was a really deep impact. I estimated her going around 65-70km/h just before impact only because the road was sorta on a hill and she didnt even brake before when he was moving near the middle of the road!! (She was going up the hill btw)

Meanwhile all our bikes were still parked at the stopped sign while by-standers watching Dave lying there helplessly. Dave wanted a drink and one of the residents we told to get water for us and she said something like is he ok ..rambling on and shit about absolutely nothing in a stoned slurred voice tone..and we were like just get us some fuckin water!! bearch..

Well thats all I got to write for now..if I missed anything CAD, Marrken, MixMasta or keez.. Just fill in what I havent mentioned in the accident yet..

Also on another note, good to hear that Dave had a sense of humor :) when he was being treated by the ambo guys...but CAD can tell you all about in the post cos he was there when it happened.

We stopped directing the traffic as the copper called for a backup traffic officier to direct it for us.

Just remember, went to the Royal Perth Hospital to see Dave around 6pm..his parents were in there already to see him and they would only allow 2 visitors to see a patient..and he was due for surgery at 6:30pm so I only had 5 mins to see him for that matter. I don't think his parents like his friends that ride motorbikes now cos when they came out they gave me some evil looks etc...anyways nurse showed me where he was..he was pumped on morphine to keep the pain out and the doctor said they will be inserting some pin(s) in his leg to help him recover for the time being. He suffered some cuts/bruises/broken bones ie. 2 fractured parts of his right leg and one other fracture near his ankle I think..keez is ok..she only suffered some cuts and bruises..they said he will be kept there for a good 2 weeks until he gets better. Also he mentioned me his Crusty ticket is up for sale since he cant make it 2moro..So if anyone is interested let me know and I'll sort it out..I think the tickets are like 60-70 bucks?

Well thats enough drama for one day..Hope all ya questions are answered.

-Out

[NoMaD]
22-05-2003, 09:26 PM
I didnt proof read it so dont blame me for my bad spelling and grammar.

Anonymous
22-05-2003, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the info Nomad ,

I spoke to Daves mother about 9pm, she said he has 2 compound fractures ( bones through the skin ) 1 abouve his right ankle and the other above his right knee. He was still in surgery get glued back together and having pins inserted.
He will be in hospital for 2 weeks and on crutches for about 3 months...

I am gonna try and find out from RPH if we can visit him on Sunday...
Don't know yet what ward he will be in after the opp.

Chatted with Keez ( Dave girlfriend ) she is physically ok with cuts and bruises but is obviously shaken up. She was understandibly mad at the car driver for her lack of concern for Dave's injuries.

His Mum seemed in reasonable spirits and was quite willing to chat to me which was good, As we have never met..

I hope, if the cops ban him they do it soon, that way he can serve his ban whilst on crutches !!!!

Get well Soon Dave

Gordo
22-05-2003, 10:00 PM
Doh forgot to log in before

The above posting was from me !!!

MixMasta
22-05-2003, 10:02 PM
G'day folks.
What a way to make a first post to the bored...

Damons recount of the event was pretty spot on i think, just a few things i would like to add.

-Its amazing how there can be 3 tow-trucks at the scene of the accident before a ambulance arrives (a good 4-5 mins later). Not 'dissing' the emergency services, they do a great job, just a mere observation.

-To be more precise with his injuries, occording to the ambulance officer he has a fractured his fibia (sp?) in two places. Im guesing the fractures occured almost instantanesouly when the car made impact, as it hit him square on from the side.

-The car that hit him was a mess, the front bumper was attached to the car by literally a thread, the bonnet had been pushed a good 8-10 inches back, and there was a good deal of puncture marks in here panel work (presuming from daves pegs). As Damon said, i cant get over the drivers responce, Dave was laying on the floor and she was complaining about her car "ohhh, its brand new, my parents are going to kill me". Although i must admit later on throughout the situation she was very apologetic etc.

-I must admit i havent seen many accidents, but i am very surprised that Kez walked away literally unscathed. Minus a few scratches and bruises she was in pretty good condition (given the circumstances)

-Seeing a mate lay on he floor in such agony is not something i could wish upon anyone, friend or foe.

Either way, Best wishes Dave and we all wish you a speedy recovery.

-Mike.

Deej
22-05-2003, 10:49 PM
Shit guys, not a good day.

Very sorry to hear it. Hopin for a speedy recovery Dave.

To the boyz riding with him, just clarify one thing fo rme. Did Dave not see the car? or was she cresting a hill and speeding?

[NoMaD]
22-05-2003, 11:03 PM
Did Dave not see the car? or was she cresting a hill and speeding?
I'm not exactly if he saw it or not but I do believe the driver was speeding up the hill. She prolly wasn't watching the road and just checking out her new car and shit..Like changin her 5 stack cd player!

MixMasta
22-05-2003, 11:10 PM
Deej, dont take this for gospel...cos as damon said i was stuck behind a truck and was luckily enough not to witeness the actual collision.

But if u can imagine the scenario..
Theres a T-Intersection.
Stop sign, and then u can turn either turn left or right, if u go right you go down a gradual hill and there is a side st (right side of road ) about 30/40 metres down the street.
If you were to turn left there is a gradual incline, and a soft bend about 60 metres away.
Dave turned right.
Now to answer your question, umm..actually, i dont know, none of us knew, (correct me if i am wrong guys). From talking to the guys no-one actually saw the car until it was to late.
The only thing that springs to my mind is that the car may have pulled out of the side st down the rd and was going at a decent speed, so Dave did not get time to see her, as he was checking the other direction?
(speculation)
Im sure some of the other guys may be able to shed some light on it, as they were closer to the scene.

-Mike.

[NoMaD]
23-05-2003, 12:14 AM
Assuming that Dave looked left then right and looked left again whilst already in the centre of the road proceeding to go on the left lane of the right turn..For the time the car to pull out from the side st which was approx around 30-40 metres or so then he would have enough time to make the turn...I don't think that the car could have made it in one second up to him if she pulled out from the side street if you know what I mean.

CAD
23-05-2003, 12:57 AM
bad shit today, spoke to kez tonight, daves still in surgery (at 12.40am, fri) prolly going to see him first thing, he'll be outa action for a while, hope he gets better real soon, ill be in for a visit on sunday with the guys, if i hear anything more...ill keep you posted...

PS- dont ride in front of me =/

aLFa
23-05-2003, 01:03 AM
just posting to wish you a speedy and troublefree recovery dave.. sorry to hear about your accident.

Flakey
23-05-2003, 09:58 AM
Wishing Dave a speedy recovery - take care out there.

Nick7r
23-05-2003, 11:29 AM
Good to hear that keez was alright, and i hoope that Dave gets better asap.

As nomad said.. the point i cant get out of my head is how little she cared for the person she had just hit worring more about her car. I no i dont know the full situation, i ont even know this person but if ever ( lets hope NEVER) did somthing like this, i dont think the car would have even crossed my mind. :evil: She could have killed him! (thank god she didnt) infact she could have done it to both keez nd dave. Im sry to go on but her lack of RESPECT for other people, is getting to me. :?

Flakey
23-05-2003, 12:10 PM
It's not just her... I find it's most ppl on the roads. No one gives a F*ck any more about anyone else on the road - It's an attitude that just seems to be more common than ever...totaly sucks!

Anonymous
23-05-2003, 01:10 PM
Big ups to djnitros.

BigKev
23-05-2003, 02:11 PM
Im just back from seein Dave at Royal Perth. For those that want to pop down, he's in 5H, room M1.
From what he told me, in the surgery last night they put in a long rod from his hip to his knee, which *may* be taken out after 12-18 months. The break on the x-ray was about 1-2 inches. Theres also a lot of pins just above his ankle that are holding stuff in places.

That said, I think he's doing good, thinking level-headed, and calm (could be the drugs? :P) He's just a bit dissappointed that he's missing crustys tonight, but we'll take lots of pics for him :) And would like to have his laptop there to get back on IRC :P hehe

wrt the indian driver, it could have a lot to do with the law, as when you have an accident the first thing u say (ie. sorry) can determine who was at fault. Maybe she was just trying to cover her ass? Either way, to keep going on about it is a bit of a shitter.

Anyway, he's looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday.

Hope you get well soon Dave!!

ChOOkiE
23-05-2003, 04:20 PM
Shit aye :

Sorry to hear about the accident Dave and Keez. Hope you get well soon Dave. Unfortunately I can't make it on Sunday, so all the best!!

coroner
23-05-2003, 04:22 PM
http://www.ncable.com.au/~mitchell/dj.JPG
It's not huge quality, but better than text.

Dragon
23-05-2003, 06:02 PM
DAMN! :( Real sorry to hear that about Dave & Keez...
I won't be able to make it on Sunday (working), soooo can you guys tell him I hope he's doing ok and all the best to getting better :)

Also it might be of note that he should voluntarily hand in his license right away, this way in three months he gets his license back (when he can ride) with most if not all points back! So let him know about this, but of course check it out further, cause I have only heard about this from a buddy and not done it myself...

Oh and yes... Perth drivers do not know how to drive...

Anonymous
23-05-2003, 06:32 PM
GET WELL SOON DUDE!!!
hope the girl looses her license instead!!!!

I had an incident with an Indian driver a while back too,
He cut me off and F$%#up my RX7, it was a double lane left hander and he thought it was a single lane and rammed me on the side pushing me away into the bushland over a bloody huge square curve. He claimed it wasn't he's fault!!! Lying stupid bastard!!
anyway that's my story... it still pisses me off because I had no insurance company to fight for my case at the time...and he knew..

zipdrive
23-05-2003, 06:34 PM
damn! forgot to login

above was me.
sorry to go on about the driver...but i had to let it out
because what she said initially at the accident pisses me off greatly.

Gordo
23-05-2003, 07:57 PM
Spoke to the hospital and Dave he has no restritions on visitors although he is in a 2 person room so it might get a bit crowded but we can split visit if this is required...

He is doing well had his surgery, drugged up but still with it ( as well as can be expected anyway ) has some pain as you can imagine ...

Look forward to seeing him on Sunday.....

What da ya say meet at scarbs usual time 12ish then head in to Hossy.....

He has got his own phone number in his room I have it if anyone is wanting to chat although bear in mind he will need some rest....
Let me know if you wanna chat to him,get me on mirc.......through Gordo or Gonzo

Anonymous
23-05-2003, 11:19 PM
First Post guys.

I'm really glad to hear that the couple on the R6 are mostly alright. I heard about it from a couple of workmates who stopped at the accident to help out, you might recall them in a bloody great white van (Harvey Norman Osborne park). When they came back and told me, I honestly thought it was a couple of people I know. I'm sorry about the sigh of relief but I was glad to hear it wasn't my friends.

Get well soon Dave and perhaps we should start riding thinking that every car is out to kill us.

Rob M
2000 ZZR1100

[NoMaD]
23-05-2003, 11:52 PM
Hey Rob..since you mentioned the big white van that was parked nearby the scene I just remembered those guys who you work with. I would like to say thanks on behalf of the guys for that bloke who sacrificed his shirt to aid Dave for him to rest his head on the hot bitchumen and also helping him feel rest assured that he was gonna be ok. :)

Send him our regards :)

And also for all those ppl who were at the scene who helped out that I haven't mentioned yet, Thank you!

Anonymous
24-05-2003, 08:08 PM
thank you 4 all the messages. dave has been reading them all.
he is very keen for visitors as he will be in there for 2 weeks!! :roll:
for everyone who helped us, thank u very much.
from kezia

Anonymous
27-05-2003, 08:51 AM
hey guys,
daves doing alot better! i cant get on chat coz shoxer has blocked me out of ya channel :evil: hope u are all ok
cya

Gordo
28-05-2003, 11:47 PM
hey Keez,

glad to here that you were out and about with Dave in his wheel chair , will try to get in to see him Thursday night ....

djnitrous
30-05-2003, 05:39 PM
i am home now. resting alot, so ill talk when i can

Gordo
30-05-2003, 09:36 PM
Hey Dave great to hear your home now... I went into the hospital tonight (friday ) with Gonz and walked into you room and thought SHIT Dave's got really worse ..... Then I realised it was an old dude in your bed !!!! :lol:

The told that you were kicked out earlier .... Will catch up with you on the chat....

PS. The bike doesn't look to bad in the pictures

Dragon
15-06-2003, 10:39 AM
Hey dj!
Got yor PM, but, it doesn't seem like my replys are being sent?? Did you get any msg or is your box full dude?
cya

djnitrous
16-06-2003, 06:34 PM
Yeh, I got a message, I'll reply

Maarken
03-07-2003, 01:59 AM
This was awhile ago now and everyone knows about it but i thought id post anyways cause shit mate iwas there i outta know what the hell went on honest mate fair dinkum was like watching a movie

djnitrous
10-07-2003, 05:51 PM
Only if one of you dudes had a Tank CAM !!!

Stoneville
30-09-2006, 01:33 PM
Doing a Byte and reading through old threads while playing granny in the hills (the kids know what this means :P)

ooouuuches our DJ's off - didn't sound like fun, glad he and Keez survived to tell the tale

Careful out there guys

Edit - :P oops good pickup with the title - would of scared the crap out of a few peeps :(

Goofy
30-09-2006, 02:00 PM
DON'T DO THAT SHIT

I just saw this post with "Today 12:26" as the posting time.

Scared the shit outta me

TYSON
30-09-2006, 02:02 PM
DON'T DO THAT SHIT

I just saw this post with "Today 12:26" as the posting time.
Scared the shit outta me
[/b]

Thats why i edited the title, there are some posts that shouldnt be bumped :(

Stoneville
30-09-2006, 02:06 PM
Thats why i edited the title, there are some posts that shouldnt be bumped :([/b]

Depends, should have checked the title better :(

I think reading about different offs gives one an insight into how easy it is for things to happen and that it can happen to anyone, I will not reply to them I'll just read them from now on, consider me self chastised :)

keez
30-09-2006, 02:19 PM
hmmm id rather forget this thread :rolleyes:

TYSON
30-09-2006, 02:36 PM
hmmm id rather forget this thread :rolleyes:
[/b]

And with that....