PDA

View Full Version : Another Rider down.......Sat 28th Feb, 6.50pm

Blade_954
28-02-2004, 07:23 PM
At 6.50pm I was riding up Nicholson Rd (500m from Thomas Rd junction) and a guy riding what looked like a blue R1 or R6 was on the side of the road - not moving. The bike was totally destroyed, the fuel tank was about 15m from the bike, and the front wheel was totally smashed.
Looked like it had only just happened as there was only one cop car and no ambo's.
I have no idea how it happened but as there were no side roads it could have been a head-on.
Hopefully it'll be on the news soon........here's wishing the guy well.... :cry:

TRX
29-02-2004, 09:19 AM
Just heard on the radio that the bike was stolen and the guy died.

wonder if it was Misstocky's r6????

Gordo
29-02-2004, 09:29 AM
well if this was true then there should be no RIP's for the thieving bastard.

Karma sorted this lot out end of story.

Deej
29-02-2004, 10:07 AM
*points up*

What he said.

Taz
29-02-2004, 10:25 AM
../
/ l l
/ l l
.. l l
.. l l

i concurs with above

karma has been known to be a bitch

Dman
29-02-2004, 10:40 AM
I doubt it was miss stocky's.
They said on the radio the bike had been stolen a few hours earlier from the city.

Pure Power
29-02-2004, 11:22 AM
I went past the accident scene at 7.20pm and was stopped by police to let the ambo out, the ambo wasn't in a hurry so I was thinking "not good".
I didn't see the bike but seen the car and all the occupants sitting on the side of the road. The bike had hit a 4x2 dual cab hilux on the drivers side passenger door......t-boned the car. Those people now have to live with that for the rest of their life, regardless if the bike was stolen or not!!

The other sad side of this accident is it happened outside "Brockmans Riding School' (horses) and her son was a top motocross bike rider and was competiting in the USA, he fell off and is now a parapalegic. So I'm hoping she didn't have to see the mess outside her front door!!

oblivion
29-02-2004, 12:11 PM
I take it the driver of the hilux 'didn't see him'.

spose he woulda been fairly movin though...

Another reminder to slow down I guess.. that shit can happen to anyone..

Taz
29-02-2004, 01:25 PM
you have to remember oblivion any vehicle travelling at 150kph is covering ground at 41 metres per second and five seconds is 250 metres
at night you see a single light at 250 you would turn if front of it and not be too worried about being in a hurry.

at 60kph you travel at 16 metres per second and you would not turn slowly in front of a light 60 metres away

bikes have to remember that cages are not used to the acceleration bikes get and cannot judge if it is going 60..100.150 towards them
dont get me wrong i like riding as fast as my bike goes.

feel the the lady and her son

Gordo
29-02-2004, 02:13 PM
Good words Craig.

And everyone please remember these figures when your blasting along the roads.Unless you do it regularly, you or cage drivers cannot be excpected to be able to judge these sort of speed increases.

If you keep this in mind you may be better prepared for the situation.

Boxhead
01-03-2004, 09:24 AM
Good work guys with those figures, definatly true.

I still agree with you Gordo though, if he hadnt of stolen the bike he would still be alive and those poor people in the car would not of had to experience what they did, fuggin tool.

If theiving bastards would just respect other people's property then none of this would of happened and th bike community would not of had to have another mark against its name :x

Daise
01-03-2004, 11:40 AM
At 6.50pm I was riding up Nicholson Rd (500m from Thomas Rd junction) and a guy riding what looked like a blue R1 or R6 was on the side of the road - not moving. The bike was totally destroyed, the fuel tank was about 15m from the bike, and the front wheel was totally smashed.
Looked like it had only just happened as there was only one cop car and no ambo's.
I have no idea how it happened but as there were no side roads it could have been a head-on.
Hopefully it'll be on the news soon........here's wishing the guy well.... :cry:

why didn't you stop????

Anyways, the lady who runs Brockman's was a regular customer where i worked at Coles. I hope she's ok...

CAD
01-03-2004, 12:34 PM

why didn't you stop????

Anyways, the lady who runs Brockman's was a regular customer where i worked at Coles. I hope she's ok...

what could he have done? it would prolly be more hinderence then helpfulness

Maarken
01-03-2004, 12:35 PM
I would be shattered if someone died hitting me .... But if i found out they stole the bike ... Fuck em id then Laugh at the stupid fuk.....

:D :D

Jarrid
01-03-2004, 12:56 PM
the world is full of fuckheads...doesn't mean they deserve to die. if he copped a good beating or got pretty messed up but not killed you'd say it was fair enough. murderers, rapists and paedophiles deserve that, not bike thieves. would you feel the same if a mate of yours choked to death on a snickers bar he stole from the corner deli when he was in year eight??? (pretty tenuous link i know - but you hopefully get my point)

CAD
01-03-2004, 01:25 PM
the world is full of fuckheads...doesn't mean they deserve to die. if he copped a good beating or got pretty messed up but not killed you'd say it was fair enough. murderers, rapists and paedophiles deserve that, not bike thieves. would you feel the same if a mate of yours choked to death on a snickers bar he stole from the corner deli when he was in year eight??? (pretty tenuous link i know - but you hopefully get my point)

you say dat now... wait till someone rides away on yer beloved SP1 or 39% of yer CBR600RR :wink:

Jarrid
01-03-2004, 01:33 PM
i was going to put in the "but noone has flogged my bike" disclaimer...now i need to go and find some wood to touch...and no, its not that sort of wood... :D

CAD
01-03-2004, 01:36 PM
i was going to put in the \"but noone has flogged my bike\" disclaimer...now i need to go and find some wood to touch...and no, its not that sort of wood... :D

ssuurree...cover it up now.. :D :D :D

Falcore
01-03-2004, 03:22 PM
at the end of the day everybody that "drives" a vehicle knows that if you are going to exceed the speed limit by alot then sooner or later you are going to be unlucky.

the other day on the same road doing my usall 10k's over a new gsxr comes flying past me ALOT faster. by all means do it as its a hell of fun but do it at your own risk

CAD
01-03-2004, 03:31 PM
at the end of the day everybody that \"drives\" a vehicle knows that if you are going to exceed the speed limit by alot then sooner or later you are going to be unlucky.

the other day on the same road doing my usall 10k's over a new gsxr comes flying past me ALOT faster. by all means do it as its a hell of fun but do it at your own risk

Welcome aboard Falcore...

Deej
01-03-2004, 04:37 PM

Jarrid, when you have had your house broken into, your Jet Boat and all your ski gear stolen, your WRX's window smashed and things stolen, your S2000's roof slashed and things stolen, your Scooter Stolen and your 10 month old GSX-R1000 stolen you may change your opinion on this.

I work years to afford the things that some fucker takes in 5 mins.

The guy deserves everything he got. May he rot in hell. Twice. :x

Jarrid
01-03-2004, 04:51 PM

Jarrid, when you have had your house broken into, your Jet Boat and all your ski gear stolen, your WRX's window smashed and things stolen, your S2000's roof slashed and things stolen, your Scooter Stolen and your 10 month old GSX-R1000 stolen you may change your opinion on this.

jesus. easy big fella....easy. remind me to never cross you :) . fair enuff if you've had all that shit happen to you...the worst i've had is a pair of binoculars swiped and someone wipe their arse with my mates toothbrush when i was on year 7 camp.

i agree that these sorts of people are the scum of the earth but the guy is dead. no more. gone. and noone knows the circumstances or details...

Gordo
01-03-2004, 06:33 PM

Here, here, with no time off for good behavour... :twisted:

TRX
01-03-2004, 11:11 PM

No arguments here.

Also on less f**ker who was probably getting the dole while he niks our shit

DrZaius
01-03-2004, 11:34 PM
jeebus that's not far from home.. and i rode past there around 5:30pm.

cant really think of anything constructive to say in this case.

Anonymous
02-03-2004, 10:09 AM
WAS THIS MIS STOCKY'S R6????

Blade_954
02-03-2004, 11:26 AM

No arguments here.

Also on less f**ker who was probably getting the dole while he niks our shit

I gotta agree with you guys aswell on this one........

Pure Power
02-03-2004, 03:29 PM
The paper stated the bike was stolen. Stopped yesterday to have a look and from the skid marks on the road it looks as if the bike was overtaking others and the car may have been turning and he didn't see it......WACk......bits of bike in the bushes.

In some peoples eyes he may have deserved it but death is a rather harsh penality. The people who will suffer are the persons in the vehicle, witnesses and the family/friends of the victim.

Blade_954
02-03-2004, 04:21 PM
In some peoples eyes he may have deserved it but death is a rather harsh penality.

I guess it is a harsh penalty to pay, but at least its one less bike thief in our community. :?

CAD
02-03-2004, 05:05 PM

damn deej....i didnt know all dat...i thort they only stole yer gixx... sounds like they hated you man :cry:

Gordo
02-03-2004, 05:31 PM
The paper stated the bike was stolen. Stopped yesterday to have a look and from the skid marks on the road it looks as if the bike was overtaking others and the car may have been turning and he didn't see it......WACk......bits of bike in the bushes.

In some peoples eyes he may have deserved it but death is a rather harsh penality. The people who will suffer are the persons in the vehicle, witnesses and the family/friends of the victim.

I do feel for the car occupants and witness's but our justice system can't stop these fuckers but hopefully trees and trucks might .

PrestigeCBR
02-03-2004, 06:28 PM
That's a very high price to pay for stealling :!: well that's less tax payers money wasted on a jail sentance :shock:

Taz
02-03-2004, 11:25 PM
if he did not steal it and was not flogging down the road he would not be dead

his fault

do the crime pay the fine

death is final but not our fault HIS

he caused the victims no-one else

p.s
we all know the result of excess speed no-one but ourselves make us do it but we still all do it
life is for living you are a long time dead

ausgixxerpilot
03-03-2004, 01:20 AM

That's right...and all due to HIS efforts. Good riddance.

Deej
03-03-2004, 08:45 AM
damn deej....i didnt know all dat...i thort they only stole yer gixx... sounds like they hated you man :cry:

THis is over the last 5 years.

FraG
05-03-2004, 10:15 AM
Okay I havent read whole thread but I can shed some light on this.

A guy that went to my gym had his R1 stolen on saturday outside the CBD Health spa on peir st while he was at gym down the road (near woolies)...

He is lucky he had it insured but not the aftermarket bits he had on it, also it was a 1999 model that done 8,000kms and was immaculate!

As far as I know it was a head on with a truck.

Rest of it you know...

RIP, stealing does not warrant death and I feel for this misguided souls family and friends, but stupid decisions lead to tragic consequences.

FraG
05-03-2004, 10:29 AM

:idea: Whoa, are you looking for any apprentice turtle trainers? :arrow: The guy with most toys wins :twisted: WIsh i could afford some more :roll: :twisted:

Pure Power
05-03-2004, 11:45 AM
RIP, stealing does not warrant death and I feel for this misguided souls family and friends, but stupid decisions lead to tragic consequences.

Nice words fraG...........I agree totally........I seen the accident scene so that's why my words aren't as harsh as others!!!!

ausgixxerpilot
05-03-2004, 11:51 AM
I seen the accident scene so that's why my words aren't as harsh as others!!!!

I've seen it happen three times :-(

Flakey
05-03-2004, 11:55 AM
I seen the accident scene so that's why my words aren't as harsh as others!!!!

I've seen it happen three times :-(

:shock: Remind me not to ride with ya too often... :wink:

ausgixxerpilot
05-03-2004, 11:58 AM
Remind me not to ride with ya too often... :wink:

It's the reason I very rarely do group rides anymore.