PDA

View Full Version : PSA Silentwitness,kenji,idchenyang

TYSON
27-10-2006, 06:39 PM
Guys please dont register fake accounts to beef up ones sale.

Example
http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/inde...showtopic=24318 (http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=24318)

Bike listed by Kenji Then two posts ater Silentwitness posts this

Originally posted by Silentwitness
i went to check this bike on the weekend , great condition, recommend viewing!! tongue.gif

PS would have bought it, just bit short of cash atm

From the same IP as Kenji.

Dejavu
27-10-2006, 06:45 PM
ohhh naughty snorty

sabre1
27-10-2006, 10:12 PM
Damn Tyson how the hell am I going to do that now when I sell something
bugger wheres my russian phonebook :lol: :lol:

Dr Evil
27-10-2006, 10:33 PM
Me and my housemate use the same ip, and i have been known to plug his wares.

Hey Tony, you should put a picture up if you can, It's a nice looking bike. If you can't call me and i'll come take some on my mobile.
[/b]

Are we sure we want to ban them instead of telling them to chill a little. They/he was getting a bit carried away i know, but if they're/he's selling legit bikes, why not keep them. saves us buying the quokka.

sathid
28-10-2006, 12:00 AM
it all seemed a bit dodgey to me. plus is the forum really a place to log on just to sell stuff. didn't see any other contributions...

Foofie Foofie
28-10-2006, 12:10 AM
Fakeys are bad mmmkay ?

TYSON
28-10-2006, 07:47 AM
Me and my housemate use the same ip, and i have been known to plug his wares.
Are we sure we want to ban them instead of telling them to chill a little. They/he was getting a bit carried away i know, but if they're/he's selling legit bikes, why not keep them. saves us buying the quokka.
[/b]

I had let it go until i noticed that he lied saying that two for sale listing were different bikes when the used the exact same photo. If one of them comes back i may let it slide but they will be watched like a hawk.

Not a good scenario but what if the bike had been an absolute lemon and a trusting member that isnt bike minded got ripped off becuase someone said it was an awesome bike on the forum.

As far as im concerned anyone can list their bike on PSB. However i feel that we have the responsibility to protect our members to a certain extent.

Plus this wasnt the first sale on PSB that smelt fishy. i think combined they had about 9 for sale listings of "mates" stuff

-J-
28-10-2006, 07:47 AM
Is that the "person" who was selling a new bike every week, but you never saw a pic etc.

tigerleo
28-10-2006, 07:56 AM
If one of them comes back i may let it slide but they will be watched like a hawk.
[/b]
Put their user names up for auction - if they do came back let them bid for the names and raise some money for M.A.D. :P

resist
28-10-2006, 10:12 AM
If this wasnt the first instance, and it was WELL fishy like you say. And I believe it was.

Why ban them? Why arent we doing more? ie: posting thier address in certified and organising a mass 'test ride' ?

Or better yet, why not gather as many details as possible and hand them to the cops to investigate further?

If we let all this sort of shit go, it will keep happening.

By the sounds of it, they were absolutely likely to have been bike theives. So why didnt we do more?

BadKitty
28-10-2006, 10:17 AM
If this wasnt the first instance, and it was WELL fishy like you say. And I believe it was.

Why ban them? Why arent we doing more? ie: posting thier address in certified and organising a mass 'test ride' ?[/b]

And this would acheive just what exactly? :ermm:

Or better yet, why not gather as many details as possible and hand them to the cops to investigate further?

If we let all this sort of shit go, it will keep happening.

By the sounds of it, they were absolutely likely to have been bike theives. So why didnt we do more?
[/b]

good idea but the cops dont care about us motorcyclists...very unlikely that they would even look into it.

resist
28-10-2006, 10:20 AM
yeah your right bad kitty. all cops are pricks and dont care about crime.......

in fact, woe is us, we as motorbike riders get picked on by everyone and noone wants to help us :(

so we should just give up and do nothing.

in fact. we should encourage bike thieves to come hang out with us and chat to us. then they can see how much they hurt us when they steal our shit and have an ephinany of kind heartedness and return our shit....

-J-
28-10-2006, 10:26 AM

in fact, woe is us, we as motorbike riders get picked on by everyone and noone wants to help us :(

in fact. we should encourage bike thieves to come hang out with us and chat to us. then they can see how much they hurt us when they steal our shit and have an ephinany of kind heartedness and return our shit....
[/b]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

nice on jacob.

BadKitty
28-10-2006, 10:28 AM

[/b]

Im not saying all cops are pricks and dont care about crime...im just saying that there isnt much chance of the police actually doing anything to help catch bike thieves. Coppers have a bad taste in their mouth when it comes to motorcyclists due to some who go out and make a bad name for us (not attacking you here)....why should they help us?

The cops didnt give a shit when we reported 30 grand being stolen...what makes you think they will give a shit if some motorbikes are stolen? I hate bike thieves just like everyone else....and it would be nice if more action could be taken against the above mentioned people if they are infact thieves....but at the end of the day we dont have many options.

resist
28-10-2006, 10:40 AM
....but at the end of the day we dont have many options.
[/b]

We have options coming out of our ears.

Granted they arent easy. Granted they require some effort and some time. and Granted, they are highly unlikely to reap wonderful results. But you never achieve anything with stagnation, you have to take risks and be willing to have all your work come to naught if your ever going to do anything.

The mods here are pretty skilled. They can find out all sorts of things about users, and with that info, more investigating can be done. The mods can give the info to cops, to private invesstigators, to concerned citizens, to high power security personell, to anyone!

I dont think its all simple and easy, and i know there is a chance nothing will come of it. But id rather try and fail than just roll over.

TYSON
28-10-2006, 11:25 AM
[/b]

You interpreted wrong, It was more of a case of them operating a bike shop off PSB, i dont think they were stolen at all i just know that they wernt his mates bikes.

However had a member been ripped off by someone here action would be taken. In this case the risk was high for that to happen so i put an end to it.

-J-
28-10-2006, 11:30 AM
fair enough - say no more.

resist
28-10-2006, 11:38 AM
I stand corrected.

-J-
28-10-2006, 11:40 AM
I stand corrected.
[/b]

Either way mate, it was suss. I originally thought it was a bike thief when all these posts for bikes for sale kept popping up.

least it's sorted.

Although I wonder what the name of the shop they were trying to sell them from was.........

TYSON
28-10-2006, 11:56 AM
Either way mate, it was suss. I originally thought it was a bike thief when all these posts for bikes for sale kept popping up.

least it's sorted.

Although I wonder what the name of the shop they were trying to sell them from was.........
[/b]

I really dont think they had a shop. More than likely jst picking bikes up out of the quokka then selling for a profit on PSB.

There is a right way and a wrong way to go about it, they chose the wrong way.

Dean_Fantastic
28-10-2006, 11:56 AM
like a hawk[/b]

like a shit-hawk? (ref: Trailer Park Boys (http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Trailer_Park_Boys))

-J-
28-10-2006, 12:01 PM
I really dont think they had a shop. More than likely jst picking bikes up out of the quokka then selling for a profit on PSB.

There is a right way and a wrong way to go about it, they chose the wrong way.
[/b]

ahhhh ok. They can only sell 3/4 vehicles a year without a dealers liscence.

GORCAT
28-10-2006, 04:36 PM
ahhhh ok. They can only sell 3/4 vehicles a year without a dealers liscence. [/b]

3 for mum, 3 for dad, 3 for little sister, 3 for cousin bert.............. hard one to get around ........not

DRKSIDE
28-10-2006, 11:28 PM
Is Jager on the watchlist with his CBR1000RR sale? :ph34r:

Mungus
30-10-2006, 02:31 PM
None of my business of course, but there do seem to be more new members advertising for themselves or "a mate" in the For Sale section. One of the Septic Bandit Forums I belong to won't let anyone use their for sale section unless they have a certain no. of posts. It's not many, only 25 or 30 from memory. Don't know whether it's worth thinking about?

TYSON
30-10-2006, 02:36 PM
You currently cant post in the for sale section until you have 25 posts or have been moved out of the "Newbie" members group.

Unfortunatly this was setup only recently (2 months ago) so we still have a bunch of newbies in the member group

I may also impose a rule that you must be the owner of what you are selling, as far as im concerned if your mate wants to sell a bike for free on PSB he can sign up. or just pay to advertise through the other media outlets.

-J-
30-10-2006, 03:00 PM
is that a case of they cant create a topic or they just cant post in the for sale section?

TYSON
30-10-2006, 03:02 PM
Can post but not create new topics

TurboR1
30-10-2006, 03:15 PM
http://www.vikdavid.com/blog/pics/nelson-haha.gif

FJ Steve
30-10-2006, 03:21 PM
have seen other forums require a donation to forum running expenses, before posting in For Sale/Wanted. Fortunately, we are very lucky in that regard.

Like a lot of things in life, someone who registers, places their first post as a for sale, and then is gone as quick as a Zirtec, PISSES ME OFF :pinch: . Just one of those things I guess.
:unsure:
I do like the 25 post rule...nice work Tyson (as always). :thumbsup:

DRKSIDE
31-10-2006, 01:18 PM
Haha guess who i just met? Idchenyang!! I was standing around at uni on the computer and some asian guy came up and at first i thought he wanted me to get off the computer cos id been on too long but he asked me if i was part of PSB (having PSB on the monitor caught his eye). I told him who i was and we had a chat and he explained what his version of events was.

He's not a bad bloke and seems nice enough. He's sold his 10R and i kinda figure that yes, they were doing sumpin a little sneaky. I told him to post in the Forum Support section for him to plead his case. Keep your eyes peeled :P

Taylor
31-10-2006, 01:24 PM
did you ask him how to pronouce it?

sathid
31-10-2006, 01:49 PM
from the perspective of trying to get a successful sale it is probably a good idea to have been around for a little bit anyhow. People are probably more likely to trust the seller if they've been a remotely active member of psb.

DRKSIDE
31-10-2006, 06:05 PM
Good laugh :D (http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=27698&pid=346392&st=20&#entry346392)

TYSON
31-10-2006, 06:05 PM
Damn right :lol:

-J-
31-10-2006, 06:27 PM
people are getting ansy but it is still funny

TYSON
31-10-2006, 10:16 PM
idchenyang's account has been reinstated without for sale access.

Thread removed.

Morgs
31-10-2006, 10:23 PM
Do you know how long it took me to write my rant on the other thread?

Oh well, I'd better find something else to rant about. Off to troll the forum. :rolleyes:

TYSON
31-10-2006, 10:26 PM
hahaha sorry

Rooster
31-10-2006, 11:16 PM
Haha guess who i just met? Idchenyang!! I was standing around at uni on the computer and some asian guy came up and at first i thought he wanted me to get off the computer cos id been on too long but he asked me if i was part of PSB (having PSB on the monitor caught his eye). I told him who i was and we had a chat and he explained what his version of events was.

He's not a bad bloke and seems nice enough. He's sold his 10R and i kinda figure that yes, they were doing sumpin a little sneaky. I told him to post in the Forum Support section for him to plead his case. Keep your eyes peeled :P
[/b]

Wasnt that a premonition!

idchenyang's account has been reinstated without for sale access.

Thread removed.
[/b]

Fair call, if only for the laughs!

Do you know how long it took me to write my rant on the other thread?

Oh well, I'd better find something else to rant about. Off to troll the forum. :rolleyes:
[/b]

HAHAHA :D