PDA

View Full Version : Motorcyclist hits cop today

Wrex
08-11-2006, 05:13 PM
Allegedly Bike coppa pings motorcyclist for speeding in Balcatta cops steps out onto road to flag bike down bike slows then accelerates approx 50KPH Bike makes contact with coppa bike looses wing mirror cops breaks arm motorcyclist breaks arm both in hospital.

Channel 7 at the scene allegedly.

FJ Steve
08-11-2006, 05:18 PM
This is not going to go down well..especially after the number plate incident at the weekend.

lee
08-11-2006, 05:28 PM
*sigh*

rossco
08-11-2006, 05:29 PM
idiot cop for running onto the rd

i had a cop run infront for me once to stop, i was stopping reguardless
thou if i had been going quicker it would have taken me longer to stop and i would have hit him

all cop had to do was wave his hand or what ever on side of rd to gain attention, if driver/rider doesnt stop write down their lic plate details

pretty simple

gotta love the job to place ur self in avoidable danger

-J-
08-11-2006, 05:30 PM
FFS

what are people thinking. Great job whomever that was, I'd like to meet ya so I can punch ya in the head ya stupid 'tard. Though I proberally wouldn't but you get the jist

Way to go champ your a winner :down:

And people wonder why we are looked on with a bad light

BigTim
News link (http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,20722915-2761,00.html)

It goes on to talk about a L-plater that did a burnout in front of the accident scene, and a 19yo caught doing 140 in a 60 zone today.

Something in the water recently??

cowgirl
ouch, thats gotta hurt...

i hope motorcyclists dont all get a bad name from these things

Fozzy
08-11-2006, 05:35 PM
What a bunch of winners.... Seriously who breeds these people?

chief wiggum
08-11-2006, 05:35 PM
"The (19yo) Leederville man was charged with reckless driving and driving with a disqualified licence and false number plate."
now who would be fuckheaded enuff to do that?

-J-
08-11-2006, 05:36 PM
just saw it on 10 news

Rider was on a reda and black honda was 33 and male. Also suffered serious arm "damage"

Copper suffered broken wrist

Stratos
08-11-2006, 05:37 PM
Lol. Sorry cowgirl its gonna rain down on us because we dont get caught by multinovas. The accelarating things sounds pretty suss. Ive seen cops jump out at rediculous times and amazed that the 'offending' driver has managed to stop!

Wait a second, the whole extra 10km's over thing aint quite qualifying here ... ^_^

Trev
08-11-2006, 05:41 PM
This guy is obviously missing a few brain cells. Not the time to bring it up, but I too amazed at the downright dangerous anitcs of some coppers jumping out in front of people. I think it is only a matter of time before a copper gets killed on the road out of Mandurah. Those guys have absolutely no respect for their own safety. Probably not the thread to bring this up though as this guy was probably not trying to avoid the copper but instead trying to do a runner, perhaps.... But we all know not to believe what we see portrayed in the media now don't we......

cowgirl
08-11-2006, 05:41 PM
Lol. Sorry cowgirl its gonna rain down on us because we dont get caught by multinovas.
[/b]

:angry:

wonder if it was anyone on here?
ok, so who has a red and black honda <_<

Dejavu
08-11-2006, 05:50 PM
after just seeing the bike... ive got a sneaking suspicion its a forum member :whistling: :whistling:

Madkat
08-11-2006, 05:51 PM
Just read the new report...

What a God Dam JOKE...

Where is the report about the drunk Lady the ran into the back of a Stopped Amboluance yesterday on her way home from the races Piss as..

or all the DUI&#39;s they got yesterday...

-J-
08-11-2006, 05:52 PM
after just seeing the bike... ive got a sneaking suspicion its a forum member :whistling: :whistling:
[/b]

was a thou wasn&#39;t it?

Dejavu
08-11-2006, 06:00 PM
was a thou wasn&#39;t it?
[/b]

nup afaik its a 600rr

Halo_2
08-11-2006, 06:15 PM
Just read the new report...

What a God Dam JOKE...

Where is the report about the drunk Lady the ran into the back of a Stopped Amboluance yesterday on her way home from the races Piss as..

or all the DUI&#39;s they got yesterday...
[/b]

Thats everyday stuff :rolleyes: aswell as your usual f*ckhead driving.

Stu
08-11-2006, 06:21 PM
What a complete idiot. I hope that he gets banned from driving for life.
I have no problem with the policeman&#39;s actions at all.
Stu

rossco
08-11-2006, 06:35 PM
policemans wife/children should have a problem with his actions

he aint saving the world by risking his own life for a dude speeding

a simple lic plate check and fine to the rider in the mail woulda been suffice, or even a court summons for evading police

WHO-NIN
08-11-2006, 08:15 PM
I&#39;ve seen a copper step out then quickly realized a cager was about to run his arse over! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ryder
08-11-2006, 08:20 PM
Stupid cop. But he wont do that twice :rolleyes:

Goofy
08-11-2006, 08:26 PM
Is there another side to this story? Before we all jump on the bandwagon and flame whoever was riding, I&#39;d like to hear their version of events.

We all know how even handed the media are in regards to bikes.

Scribble
08-11-2006, 08:39 PM
Why am i not suprised that when trying to post a comment on the sunday times site the news article was from. It basically tell&#39;s me if they dont like it/agree with my views they wont post it

Fucking typical. Only post the views they want the public to see :angry:

Eukanuba
08-11-2006, 08:41 PM
My favourite used to be the copper ( now retired - was back in 94&#39; ) who used to work in rockingham who had a habit for jumping out from behind trees and was well noted because he used to park his patrol car in the bush..

I almost wiped him out one evening when he jumped out from behind a tree holding what looked like a gun/brick/weapon - in the dark - with no reflective vest on.. clean shat in my jocks I did.. and almost lost control of the vehicle because I didnt expect someone to &#39;jump out&#39; at me in the dusk from the side of the road..

Needless to say, when I pulled over - I let him know what I thought of his &#39;radar trap&#39;..

Turned out to be a licence check.. :verymad:

Zaffira
08-11-2006, 08:51 PM
So if the rider gets identified is he/she eligible for the various award nominations? Perhaps a special category for biggest dick of the year?

Arwon
08-11-2006, 09:42 PM
here is my take on this, from left field of course (would you expect any less)

how the fuck do the police justify standing infront of a speeding vehicle of any description with their hand out saying "stop".

2 issues here,

1: "duty of care" he is responsible to both himself and other motorists to not put himself or others in danger.

2: lets do a standard "risk analysis" on this. Probabitlity of this happening, 2 times a year minimum in WA alone, possible outcome or loss of productivity or injury, well that goes without saying, he could die. so this on the risk matrix at my work would be either "high" or "extreme", which means that you must reduce the risk or don&#39;t do it.

so which fuckhead signed off on this procedure of apprehension and are they prepared to lose there house if fines are layed out (as with any other company in Australia).

Find a new way to do it guys before one of you gets killed. As much as i don&#39;t won&#39;t this to happen, i would take the police department to court on a "duty of care" issue if i was the motorist involved.

I&#39;m Arwon, and this is 48 minutes of bulllshit + 12 minutes of commercials.

Uncle Ho
08-11-2006, 09:44 PM
News link (http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,20722915-2761,00.html)

It goes on to talk about a L-plater that did a burnout in front of the accident scene, and a 19yo caught doing 140 in a 60 zone today.

Something in the water recently??
[/b]

Must be something in the water recently......

MAJOR Crash investigators are travelling to Broome today to investigate an accident in which a 17-year-old passenger threw himself from a moving car. The teenager died after jumping from a moving vehicle in WA&#39;s north.

chief wiggum
08-11-2006, 10:03 PM
Find a new way to do it guys before one of you gets killed.
[/b]

isnt that what happened to stephen knight back in 1988? on radar duty and got hit and killed by a car he was trying to pull up?

thro
08-11-2006, 10:59 PM
The second jackass movie didn&#39;t just hit bit-torrent did it? :)

Taz
08-11-2006, 11:11 PM
What a complete idiot. I hope that he gets banned from driving for life.
I have no problem with the policeman&#39;s actions at all.
Stu
[/b]

mate if you have no problems with a fucking retard jumping out in front of a moving vehicle you have a weird sense of what is normal behaviour.

this fucking retard cop is not going to say that he jumped in front of the bike is he now and no-one is going to beleive the rider as we are all hoons..

if a vehicle is speeding then it takes longer to slow down so much for the coppers expert knowledge on vehicle speeds.

if a " civilian" jumped out in front of vehicles he would be arrested but it is ok for a copper to cause an accident......cockhead....take his fucking plate and do the rider for running you dont need to cause an accident

-J-
08-11-2006, 11:19 PM
mate if you have no problems with a fucking retard jumping out in front of a moving vehicle you have a weird sense of what is normal behaviour.
this fucking retard cop is not going to say that he jumped in front of the bike is he now and no-one is going to beleive the rider as we are all hoons..
if a vehicle is speeding then it takes longer to slow down so much for the coppers expert knowledge on vehicle speeds.

if a " civilian" jumped out in front of vehicles he would be arrested but it is ok for a copper to cause an accident......cockhead....take his fucking plate and do the rider for running you dont need to cause an accident
[/b]

Fair call, however as goofy said at this stage the full story hasn&#39;t been revealed to the "general public" so it&#39;s hard not to jump from one conclusion to another.

the possible senarios I see are

1. Copper jumped out too late for rider to stop, hence collision
2. Rider decided to go for a run and went straight through copper even though reasonable time was given
3. Copper stepped out in time to stop vehicle, however rider could not slow down in time to avoid collission

Just 3 possible senarios.

TYSON
08-11-2006, 11:21 PM
If this is a forum member and they want to give there side of the story without revealing their identity feel free to email tyson@psb

Pricey
08-11-2006, 11:25 PM
[/b]
Haha! :thumbsup:

I agree, this could be a tad extrapolated (viewers=$$$). I agree with Arwon, this shouldn&#39;t be normal behaviour. Perhaps they get a thrill from jumping out in front of speeding cars? Said biker shouldn&#39;t have done a runner, but the copper shouldn&#39;t be jumping out infront of cars/bikes... I wonder if they do it with trucks? :lol:

Rooster
09-11-2006, 12:07 AM
Righto then, who was it cough it up.

Please email either Tyson@perthstreetbikes.com or rooster@perthstreetbikes.com, confidentiality guarunteed.

MAybe he was just trying to do this?

PXu8sVYQSHA

Madkat
09-11-2006, 06:33 AM
here is my take on this, from left field of course (would you expect any less)

how the fuck do the police justify standing infront of a speeding vehicle of any description with their hand out saying "stop".

2 issues here,

1: "duty of care" he is responsible to both himself and other motorists to not put himself or others in danger.

2: lets do a standard "risk analysis" on this. Probabitlity of this happening, 2 times a year minimum in WA alone, possible outcome or loss of productivity or injury, well that goes without saying, he could die. so this on the risk matrix at my work would be either "high" or "extreme", which means that you must reduce the risk or don&#39;t do it.

so which fuckhead signed off on this procedure of apprehension and are they prepared to lose there house if fines are layed out (as with any other company in Australia).

Find a new way to do it guys before one of you gets killed. As much as i don&#39;t won&#39;t this to happen, i would take the police department to court on a "duty of care" issue if i was the motorist involved.
[/b]

Thats because the people that do up the Risk Assessments are STUPID DIK HEADS,
We use the same one&#39;s at work and yes stepping out in front of a moving vehicle is considered High Can be Extreme Depending on what road you are on.. However the Risk Assessments are Classed before any preventetive messuares are taken...

So in this case it would be HIgh Risk of Injury or death, So Heance i need to wear a Reflective vest so oncomming traffic can see me.. Wow it just went down to moderate level of risk.. well at&#39;s acceptable.. because thats better than a high risk..

FJ Steve
09-11-2006, 06:42 AM
Thats because the people that do up the Risk Assessments are STUPID DIK HEADS,
We use the same one&#39;s at work and yes stepping out in front of a moving vehicle is considered High Can be Extreme Depending on what road you are on.. However the Risk Assessments are Classed before any preventetive messuares are taken...

So in this case it would be HIgh Risk of Injury or death, So Heance i need to wear a Reflective vest so oncomming traffic can see me.. Wow it just went down to moderate level of risk.. well at&#39;s acceptable.. because thats better than a high risk..
[/b]
Ah...if that is the way you resolve your risk assessments...I&#39;ll happily stay working where I am...thankyou.

jules_1972
09-11-2006, 06:57 AM

Please email either Tyson@perthstreetbikes.com or rooster@perthstreetbikes.com, confidentiality guarunteed.

PXu8sVYQSHA
[/b]

I cant stop laughing!!!!!
Pharking Brilliant.....

My two cents worth, stepping in front of anything moving with a mass greater than 1Kg is just plain stupid!!!
Very similar to Russian Roulette, the loaded bullet could be the Gene Deficient driver/rider...

Phark That..

Taylor
09-11-2006, 06:58 AM
High five for both of them, broken wrist, broken arm, they are hardcore mates.

Who&#39;s saying the biker sped up as they got closer? Objects always look like they get faster the closer they get to you, specially bikes cos they get suddenly bigger on you.

It would be interesting if the biker was watching the speed dial, trying to be a model citizen, but due to the diverted attention, wasn&#39;t watching the road when the policeman/woman stepped out and tried to signal to move out the way and clipped the copper.

It&#39;s also not impossible that the police officer had been jerked around by motorbikes in the past and tried to bring the rider off the bike. Some people think they are hard-nuts. But who&#39;s story are you going to believe?

dr00
09-11-2006, 07:41 AM
isnt it funny how that guy that was warning people of a speed camera got charged for endangering people by being on the side of the road :rolleyes: this cop could easily have killed the rider and last time i checked doing a runner wasnt punishable by death.

Madkat
09-11-2006, 07:42 AM
High five for both of them, broken wrist, broken arm, they are hardcore mates.
[/b]

Hahahaha well this has thrown a big F U to the police and there Speed Kills Campaing...

I guess it doesn&#39;t always kill sometimes you get off with a few broken bones...

The y could always tell the Facts... Speed and you MIGHT die...

But thats like say hey Goto the Gym it&#39;s good for you but you might have a HEART ATTACK and DIE..

hahaha :thumbsup:

Evil_Homer
09-11-2006, 07:50 AM
Fair call, however as goofy said at this stage the full story hasn&#39;t been revealed to the "general public" so it&#39;s hard not to jump from one conclusion to another.

the possible senarios I see are

1. Copper jumped out too late for rider to stop, hence collision
2. Rider decided to go for a run and went straight through copper even though reasonable time was given
3. Copper stepped out in time to stop vehicle, however rider could not slow down in time to avoid collission

Just 3 possible senarios.
[/b]
4. donut rolled of his dash out the door and onto the road
biker wasnt really speeding , coppa just didnt want his donut squished.
biker squished donut cop broke his and bikers arm :lol:

Dubs
09-11-2006, 08:03 AM
Dubs believes that if you step out in front of a moving vehicle of any kind for any reason YOU run the risk of being injured - i would not hesitate to say the officer was prob not told as part of his job description to do it so it would be off his own back

now whether or not the bike sped up - there was no report that he crashed SO HE OBVIOUSLY DID STOP OF HIS OWN ACCORD after the incident

so whats the big deal? another copper got hurt just doing his civil duty - not good in any workplace - but when it is by your own negligence its your own bad luck

this will go for another media campaign by the union for pay rises
ppl know when they take a job for a particular pay rate the majority (not all) of risks they might take and police would know more than most - so why do they still sign up to the force and then whinge about pay vs conditions? Dubs dont know..... its not for the "job satisfaction and the3 community spirit", if it was they would volounteer like other community services do - its for the dead presidents, the moola the PHAT CASH !

Dubs

dr00
09-11-2006, 08:16 AM
edit: nm...

Hired_goon
09-11-2006, 08:19 AM
Geez, Haven&#39;t any of you been pulled over by a speed trap??? It is normal for a cop to walk out on the road to flag you down.

Can&#39;t very well get you to stop while hiding in the bushes now can they.

Take a drive to Bunbury on a weekend and you&#39;ll see them walking out to the centre lane to pull people over.

They have your speed in plenty of time so the idea is to get out on the road in their bright yellow vests to get noticed and slow the vehicle down. If it doesn&#39;t then they have time to get off the road.

This sensasionalised media report seems to have given people the impression that he took a dive out onto the road trying to rugby tackle the biker.

Biker was probably a newbie on his first bike without a license, shat his pants and wound the throttle reaching for the brake.

See I can make shit up too, but we are all making judgement (as usual) before any real info is known.

Surprised we haven&#39;t seen the obligatory "fucking cages" statement here yet. :rolleyes:

-J-
09-11-2006, 08:25 AM
See I can make shit up too, but we are all making judgement (as usual) before any real info is known.
Surprised we haven&#39;t seen the obligatory "fucking cages" statement here yet. :rolleyes:
[/b]

fucking cages :D

Dubs
09-11-2006, 08:41 AM
hg just because its normal for a copper to jump out to stop someone doesnt nec mean they are advised to do so onto a road with oncoming traffic (I AINT SURE OF THEIR WRITTEN PROCEDURES)

i agree, i have seen it many times around Myalup on my way home to Perth

Dubs

but i must laff at the L plater doin the burnout

Maxo
09-11-2006, 08:49 AM
is this the same 600rr that was caught on reid in balcatta(and displayed in sunday times)...? :huh:

Trev
09-11-2006, 08:52 AM
Seeing how much people pay attention when they are driving... I wouldn&#39;t walk out in front of traffic if wearing an airbag suit with flashing lights on my head and a siren going woo-woo. If the rider is inexperienced and was not trying to get away but instead panicked then the policeman could be culpable?

I am inclined to believe the policeman, but just as all riders are not dickheads, all coppers are not sane and rational human beings all the time.

Thus, I don&#39;t like to jump to conclusions.

-J-
09-11-2006, 08:56 AM
Can anyone confirm that this is a forum member?

If it is maybe they can give the story to Tyson, he can post it, then lock the thread

We&#39;ve already had the mandatory

10 x posts saying what a twat
10 x posts saying copper is a twat
the pull the piss post

missing the story post
and the government are wankers its always there fault post

Hired_goon
09-11-2006, 09:05 AM
Can anyone confirm that this is a forum member?

If it is maybe they can give the story to Tyson, he can post it, then lock the thread

We&#39;ve already had the mandatory

10 x posts saying what a twat
10 x posts saying copper is a twat
the pull the piss post

missing the story post
and the government are wankers its always there fault post
[/b]

You forgot the obligatory "Fucking cages" quote. :D :D :D :D

-J-
09-11-2006, 09:07 AM
fucking cages :D
[/b]

You forgot the obligatory "Fucking cages" quote. :D :D :D :D
[/b]

I took that as the piss pull post :D

greyice
09-11-2006, 09:11 AM

PXu8sVYQSHA
[/b]

/me wipes tear

"Oh that&#39;s a pearler"

BanditDan
09-11-2006, 09:33 AM
Am I the only one to notice this, that ppl and cops are much more likely to walk in front of bikes rather than cars? Like they think the 200kg bike is just a push bike and won&#39;t hurt if it hits them?!?!?!

fossil
09-11-2006, 09:57 AM
There are two important factors to consider about this incident.

1. You heard the report on a Commercial news program.

2. It involves the West Australian police force.

Far be it from me to question the integrity of these two fine institutions, but God only knows what really happened. :)

On a side note I prey to god no one jumps out in front of me. My bike weighs about 250kgs and I weigh 70kgs. Thats 320kgs my 26 year old braking system is trying to haul up in a hurry.

There would be bits of him everywhere. :sick:

xphread
09-11-2006, 11:02 AM
well I&#39;m gonna play devils advocate since no-one knows what happened and are just jumping on the band wagon.

Given that the bike hit the policeman I can only deduce:

1) Bike was going too fast
and/or 2) Biker wasnt paying enough attention or wasnt competent in emergency braking skills
or 3) the copper decided to run out infront of the guy at the absolute last second where he had no chance
(eg like a little kid coming out from behind a parked car and just stopping in the middle of the road giving the bike no options to go around. (Totally against human instinct mind you...))

But Im sure most of you have already placed pre-concived judgement on which of the above scenarios are most likely. :rolleyes:

All coppers are bad and all bikers are poor hard done by innocent individuals.
What if the rider was bytes twin?

mstriumph
09-11-2006, 11:07 AM
idiot cop for running onto the rd

i had a cop run infront for me once to stop, .................................gotta love the job to place ur self in avoidable danger
[/b]

me too - he cavorted right out in front of me without warning
had to swerve accross the double-white to avoid hitting him
- could have been nasty if there had been any oncoming

--- on second thoughts - nahhhhhhhh [&#39;cause if there had been any oncoming i probably wouldn&#39;t have swerved :unsure: ]

XSorXpire
09-11-2006, 11:10 AM
[/b]
Yes, i watched the chanel two news and it was not on that.

Foofie Foofie
09-11-2006, 11:40 AM

2 issues here,

[/b]

+1 here mate.

If he had clothes-lined him off, and a 600RR crosses the road and slams into a oncoming car (bikes tend to stay upright and keep going at speed, specially if you have a damper) and killed someone, were looking at 2 injured humans and a death , for what , a speeding ticket ? .

I understand the guy on the bike was probably at fault, but the cop is a brainless fuck who probably played rugby a bit too hard in high school and never really shook the fact he isnt indestructable. If he had killed the cop, the rider would be up for manslaughter, and while the guy on bike was originally at fault , if a guy runs onto the fwy, and commits suicide by running infront of a car that was alleged to be doing 110kph .... is that manslaughter ? .... of course not. The 10+ is negligable cause the real issue is some sick fuck tried to off himself.

This cop ...... how is this different ?

Sergeant Roger Murtaugh "You really are crazy ... "

Arwon
09-11-2006, 11:44 AM
Simply put.

Any boss who told me to stand in front of an obviously speeding vehicle to stop them without a "D9" (read this as big piece of dirt moving machinery that wins everytime) can get fucked.

surely all cops not are that stupid.

i don&#39;t care whether the rider couln&#39;t stop i time or they were doing a runner, totally irrelivant to the facts of the apprehension procedure. As proven in court too many times "just becaue they have ben doing it for years doesn&#39;t make it acceptable.

Gryphen
09-11-2006, 11:46 AM
Channel 7 on the scene....

Officer - thinks (this will look good pulling this guy over) moves to centre of lane..
CH7 - thinks - (this should be good)
Rider - shouts - WTF

Officer in Ambo - thinks (Ya Fucking Idiot)
Rider in Ambo - thinks (You&#39;re a Fucking idiot)
Ch7 - WOOHOO.... Film at 6, 6.30, 10, 0600, filefootage....

Taylor
09-11-2006, 11:55 AM
thank god it wasnt a car. Thinking about it, you should have really dodged a bike, really, come on, a step over and your safe, even at speed you can see it&#39;s going to happen and you could move.
Maybe drunk? couldn&#39;t read the situation propperly and had an error in judgement. Would point to either not taking his job seriously, which I wouldn&#39;t want to think, or didn&#39;t have enough sleep the night before. Assuming the biker didn&#39;t aim for the cop when he tried to dodge.

Tired + Fine = Two bloody idiots.

Hired_goon
09-11-2006, 12:54 PM
Hang on, the news stated the rider slowed down and then accelerated again. Without knowing the facts we are wasting time hypothesising on the truth.

We don&#39;t know what speed the bike slowed down to. May have been 10 k&#39;s and the cop might have been in no danger till the rider remembered he had no license an spotted this as the cop that took it off him.

It&#39;s all conjecture any way.

When I first saw the thread title I thought I was going to read about someone punching a copper. :thumbsup:

Sadly I was dissapointed. :down:

Taffy
09-11-2006, 01:11 PM
I almost hit a female cop about 8 year ago, she stood in the midle of rockingham road at naval base when the sun was directly behind her I never even saw her till the last minite and I slid to a stop about 2 meters from her, I was doing 90 in a 80, After I stopped I gave her a mouth full and asked her If she had a death wish and explained why. she was shocked and still did me for speeding.

But I tell you at the time I honesty thought I was gonna hit her, I was shacking like a leaf, and she just looked at me stunned, and still in front of me :o

Scoundrel
09-11-2006, 03:29 PM
I was shacking like a leaf
[/b]

Shacks Cockburn would have been flattered that you were Shacking.

Wrex
09-11-2006, 08:43 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE("Bannanaman")</div>
There are two important factors to consider about this incident.

2. It involves the West Australian police force.

Far be it from me to question the integrity of these two fine institutions, but God only knows what really happened. [/b]

Point 3 i started the thread i was at the scene and no my arm/s are not broken.

Rider did not go to hospital via ambulance allegedly bystanders took him to hospital allegedly.

-J-
09-11-2006, 09:21 PM
Point 3 i started the thread i was at the scene and no my arm/s are not broken.

Rider did not go to hospital via ambulance allegedly bystanders took him to hospital allegedly.
[/b]

Seeing as though you were at the scene could you please elaborate on a few details

Did copper jump right out infront of bike, or was he already there?
Did motorcyclist slow down then speed up?

Or did this happen before you arrived

am asking is all

Stu
09-11-2006, 09:23 PM
[/b]

Taz, if an idiot just jumps in front of a moving vehicle then of course I don&#39;t think that is
normal behavior. Like -J- said there are a number of scenarios which could explain what has happened
and I&#39;m not sure exactly what did happen. The news report on 6PR made it sound like the rider failed
to stop after being flagged down and that is what I based my comments on. If it turns out that the
policeman was reckless then I would have objections to his behaviour.
It seems that most of this thread is concerned with the policeman&#39;s actions rather than the fact that
rider has no regard for the law. I&#39;m not saying this is a bad thing or good thing. After all, people will
talk about what is most important for them. However, I&#39;m making the assumption that if the rider was
not being reckless and had no reason to run (i.e. has a licence, registration) then he would have stopped when requested to by the policeman and there would have been no accident.
Stu

Arwon
10-11-2006, 06:00 AM
assumptions.

here we go try this.

1: cop smiles for camera, pretending not to ,look at camera but does anyway.

2: cop checks hair, all good

3: Rider speeding down the road.

4: Cop spots hoon

5: Cop drops donut, picks up donut, valuable time is wasted and bike is now closer.

6: Cop cleans off donut and asks camera man to hold donut, bike even closer.

7: Cop fits batman cape and jumps in way of speeding hoon rider.

8: with 2 metres clearance bike rider cleans him up thinking to himself what the fuck was that, its not halloween

9: Cop cries, camera man gives back donut.

ambulance called.

point being.

how the fuck do we know. we weren&#39;t there.

Dubs
10-11-2006, 08:05 AM
assumptions.
point being.
[/b]

yeh but i like to hypothemesize!!

i just think that factually the rider hit the cop and then stopped, on that rationale you would think most ppl would have gone HOLY FUCK I JUST HIT THAT GUY AND I THINK HE MIGHT HAVE BEEN 5 0.
so he stops

i concur with everyone else - who know what led up to or lwho did what in regards to there own or public safety

Dubs

Lush
10-11-2006, 02:10 PM
[/b]

:lol: :lol: :lol: You crack me up Arwon! :lol:

Wrex
11-11-2006, 09:12 AM
I was at the scene a few minutes after incident but had 3 different people tell what happened all told same story same as in my original post.

danoz
11-11-2006, 11:01 AM
assumptions.

here we go try this.

1: cop smiles for camera, pretending not to ,look at camera but does anyway.

2: cop checks hair, all good

3: Rider speeding down the road.

4: Cop spots hoon

5: Cop drops donut, picks up donut, valuable time is wasted and bike is now closer.

6: Cop cleans off donut and asks camera man to hold donut, bike even closer.

7: Cop fits batman cape and jumps in way of speeding hoon rider.

8: with 2 metres clearance bike rider cleans him up thinking to himself what the fuck was that, its not halloween

9: Cop cries, camera man gives back donut.

ambulance called.
point being.
[/b]

:woot: :yes: :D funny shit

Ev
15-02-2007, 01:30 PM
Reading the thread regards the unfortunate death of the police officer on Eddystone reminded me of this one, what ended up happening here? enquiry? inquest? still in progress?

Disclaimer: Not that I am saying they are the same kind of thing, I don&#39;t really know the details of either event

Also can the title on this be date stamped ...

ddoth
15-02-2007, 06:12 PM
its also possible that he had brake fade before he could wipe enough speed off, tried to dodge the cop, cop moves infront of him again to make him stop
after hitting the cop the brakes unfade (as such)
if the rider broke his arm, the bike would have either stalled or front brakes would have stopped working, no

WHO KNOWS .. haha

some of the theories are bloody funny but
once had a cop jump out shining a torch into the car ... and beeping a horn (heard it anyhooz) - was so confusing had no idea where anyone was coz i lost my night vision :( thats FUCKED