PDA

View Full Version : Bike Transporters

Boofhead
30-03-2004, 04:44 PM
Howdy all,

anyone know of a good company that will transport a bike from here to Melbourne one way cheap?

I am guessing train is the go but does anyone know of an actual transport company that is the cheapest?

Cheers.

Gordo
30-03-2004, 05:32 PM
Don't ask Campo :lol:

Campo
30-03-2004, 06:52 PM
Ride it over!!!!

1. It'll cost less

2. It's a good ride, you'll enjoy it

3. You're bike will cop much less damage if you do it yourself!!!!

Or as I was thinking of doing, hire a van for the 5 - 6 day trip and carry it yourself.

DON'T USE ANY BIKE MOVERS!!!!!

WAXX
30-03-2004, 07:41 PM
Trains are bad news, when they shunt into the other carriages everything in it moves around.

I have had my fair share of damaged goods from train.

CAD
30-03-2004, 08:07 PM
and NO....me trailering service dont go THAT far :D :D :D

Gordo
30-03-2004, 08:23 PM
and NO....me trailering service dont go THAT far :D :D :D

awe Cad, Kwinana to Carramar is ok but Perth to Melbourne is too far !! your a woose :lol:

Think of all the beer credits :wink:

Pete
30-03-2004, 11:57 PM
buy yourself a crate. or better still get someone to make one for you with plenty of tie downs. call around transport companies like WA freightlines or Jayde transport. Ask if you can chuck a crate on to go to melbourne. most of the trucks go over half empty so they will always discount for this.

dont call up car or bike movers because as soon as you mention bike the price will go up.
if you need a place to put your bike in the crate and have it loaded with a forklift let me know.

Hewie
31-03-2004, 08:40 AM
go to a bike shop and get the crate the new bikes come in and modify that ..

Boofhead
31-03-2004, 10:12 AM
cheers for the info.

the crate sounds like a good idea, Thanks Pete and Hewie.

Ill look into it.

Its for a mate who is sending his Ducati back home to Melbourne....I have it in my shed at the moment so I am not in a huge hurry for him to send it...

thanks again.

Campo
31-03-2004, 10:22 AM
cheers for the info.

the crate sounds like a good idea, Thanks Pete and Hewie.

Ill look into it.

Its for a mate who is sending his Ducati back home to Melbourne....I have it in my shed at the moment so I am not in a huge hurry for him to send it...

thanks again.

Phaark!!!! :shock: A Ducati!!! Oh man, make sure he gets insurance on the transport!!!

Hewie
31-03-2004, 10:45 AM
no worries .. most bike shops just trhow out the old crates and frames so u should be able to get one for FREE .. from there it should be easy to modify to suit which ever bike u are sending ..

and as campo says .. insure it for the shift .. and take dated and timed photos of it before u crate it and once it is in the crate ... then mail the fotos to urself .. dont open the envolope when u get it .. !! that way u have a sealed copy which can be used as proof of no damage and condition prior to shipping ..

ps dont use digital phots as they can be edited .. use a film ! $7 is cheap insurance

Magenta Tiger
31-03-2004, 11:29 AM
---