PDA

View Full Version : 1st known post delivery 04 R1 engine failure - - not a joke

zipdrive
30-03-2004, 08:16 PM
2 spun main bearings, only 10miles..

Head over to the r1-forum for full story and pic evidence.
http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread....&threadid=76438 (http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76438)

you may need to be a member of the forum...not sure

Note: this doesn't mean anything about the quality of the new r1... They are excellent machines... this is just a single incident of new engine failure that happens time to time.

Anonymous
30-03-2004, 09:13 PM
I, for one, am so fucking over reading about R1s that it's not even funny!

:oops:

Deej
30-03-2004, 09:53 PM
Sounds like crapola to me.

hooter
30-03-2004, 10:22 PM
yep. either a load-o-shite or someone did something seriously wrong ie, no oil. that kinda stuff doesn't just "happen"

Klink
30-03-2004, 10:43 PM
I'm a member there and have replied, if anyone is interested here is my reply: http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread....7251#post957251 (http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=957251#post957251)

The guy is either full of shit, or the stupidest nigga around.

zipdrive
31-03-2004, 09:41 AM
i believe the dude...bleh blah blah...
i don't see why it would be hard to believe...
out of thousands of engines built i would expect more to fail in a similar manner, we just won't hear about them whether it's a yamaha or not. remember these are mass produced 'rockets'... if nasa built thousands of space shuttles i bet few of them are bound blow up still.
and more blah bleh blah...

Klink
31-03-2004, 09:47 AM
What I was getting at is, he's just posting half truths to make his whinge bigger.

Its his own damn fault if he accepts that he was to blame for it.

Spike
31-03-2004, 12:33 PM
What I was getting at is, he's just posting half truths to make his whinge bigger.

Its his own damn fault if he accepts that he was to blame for it.

Not so Klink.......I had a warrantee fault on my Aprilia not long after i bought it.......one of the head gaskets were not airtight and the result was front cylinder siezed while cruising down the freeway..........3 months later i had my bike back........pretty sucky for a warrantee job...........and it wasn't my fault......everyone said so..........was totally out of my control/nothing i could have done to stop it.

Klink
31-03-2004, 02:40 PM
Spike,

If you choose to accept what they give you, and believe that there is nothing else you can do, then thats why you'll never get anywhere in life.

Big companies like these think they can bully and intimidate the "little person" because they are.... I guess, big.

The fact is, you paid for a product, if the said product does not perform as per it should, then you are entitled to DEMAND either a refund, or a replacement. Yes they CAN fix it, as long as it is to the same specifications of a new product.

Its all about choice. Choice to believe what they tell you, Choice to accept second best.

CHOICE!

Spike
31-03-2004, 03:02 PM
Spike,

If you choose to accept what they give you, and believe that there is nothing else you can do, then thats why you'll never get anywhere in life.

Big companies like these think they can bully and intimidate the "little person" because they are.... I guess, big.

The fact is, you paid for a product, if the said product does not perform as per it should then you are entitled to DEMAND either a refund, or a replacement. Yes they CAN fix it, as long as it is to the same specifications of a new product.

Its all about choice. Choice to believe what they tell you, Choice to accept second best.

CHOICE!

Exatly my point with the R1.....except I got no chance because there's no proof.........yamaha will just tell me to FUCK OFF if i try and sting them for what happened to me....

Anonymous
31-03-2004, 03:09 PM
SPIKE MAYBE MR LU FA YU CHYE YAMAHA KNOWS OF YOUR "INTERNATIONAL SERVICE TO THE CLOWN SHOES INDUSTRY" AWARD AND THEREFORE HIM AND HIS EMPEROR AND COUNCIL HAVE BEEN FORCED TO COME TO THE UNANIMUCE DECISION TO HAND OUT FROM THE TOP OF THE CORPORATION THE MIGHTY WORDS...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: FUCK OFF

Gonzo
31-03-2004, 03:34 PM
Exatly my point with the R1.....except I got no chance because there's no proof.........yamaha will just tell me to FUCK OFF if i try and sting them for what happened to me....

Hmm... u mean tell u to fuck off like everyone else did - possibly coz ur story was outrageously funny, unbelievable and most of all - SHOES like in nature.

I just read the 04 R1 thread in the other forum too.... quite SHOES like too... although i dont think it can come close to topping Spike's repeated efforts.

oblivion
31-03-2004, 05:46 PM
my new nsr150's gearbox broke not long after I got it, 3 months later after threat of legal action I got a brand new one.. :)

dodgyone
01-04-2004, 08:08 AM
Klink, ' YOU SIR ARE A TOOL' :D :D :D

Hewie
01-04-2004, 08:17 AM
Spike,

The fact is, you paid for a product, if the said product does not perform as per it should then you are entitled to DEMAND either a refund, or a replacement. Yes they CAN fix it, as long as it is to the same specifications of a new product.

CHOICE!

they would ....

klink is rite you do have the rite to pursue them for a new replacement or refund .. however u would have to prove that it was THEIR fault (as a manufacturer or supplied faulty) and u did nothing to warrant the damage.

things that absolve a manufacturer from claims inc prior damage to the unit .. repairs not being carried out by THEIR repairers or THEIR authorised reps, records of damage to a vehicle inc police reports and insurance reports all work against u here.

if a vehicle has sustained any damage prior to u claiming manufacturer fault then they will say nick off.

I have had this happen to me on a couple of occasions with my cars.

Klink
01-04-2004, 08:18 AM

Haha yeah, he didnt give me a reason tho... I know im a tool, but perhaps he has a new reason that i'm a tool.

oblivion
01-04-2004, 09:05 AM

Haha yeah, he didnt give me a reason tho... I know im a tool, but perhaps he has a new reason that i'm a tool.

the reason is on page 12 I think... :)

ya tool

Klink
01-04-2004, 10:43 AM
The reason is on page 12 I think... :)

ya tool

Too many pages of crap to trudge through, only to find out something that I already know.... :roll:

RoguesYellow
15-04-2004, 05:18 AM
This is what happens when you push limits, back when the ZX-10 figures were starting to become clear comments were made in reputable bike mags that yamahore would not release the r1 until it was at least comparable on paper.

The sad fact is that this is going to be a more comon occurance as manufacturers up the competion to get the most out of a bike. As R&D take up more of the development QA usually give way to meet deadlines. This is extremley evident in the PC and software that have be arriving in the last 4-5 years. How many components need patches and how many programs need service packs (Shame on Windows).

These machines are not mission critical like a pasenger aircraft or a tank, if one goes bang every now and then a munufacturer may look at the fault and fix it next year or if it's rare, screw it.
Every time I go into a bike shop salesman of brand X will alway give great examples of how brand Z has left some design fault in a model, then you talk to a dealer of brand Z and he has a go at X Y Z Q P.

If you want top performance something has got to give, ask Steve Martin.